Why do I feel 8 months pregnant at only 17 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2009, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my second pregnancy. The first was a breeze. I gained a total of 40 pounds and only lost 20 of it. So this time around I'm hoping not to gain another 40! Nevertheless, I feel HUGE. I started showing around 12 weeks. I've put on about 7 pounds so far which is in the range of normal I suppose. But gosh all mighty I feel sooooo pregnant! You know that feeling you get in the last weeks of pregnancy, like the baby's head is already pushing down towards the birth canal? Well I've had that now for about 3 weeks. I can't even sit for long periods of time. I'm also getting alot of aches and pains. Sometimes stabbing, shooting pains down through my vagina. Sometimes what feels like menstral pain, that one usually happens in the mornings. I feel like all my insides are squished...I'm already having trouble breathing. I'm having trouble going to the gym as well, the most I can do is walk now. How the heck am I supposed to make it through the next 5 months? I see my midwife again on Monday so i'm just going to talk to her and see what her take is.
Just wanted to post and see if anyone else is going through these woe's so early on.

Mama to one very active DS (5.5) Loving wife to my wonderful DH and our baby girl arrived on December 10, 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 AM

here here! i'm 23 weeks but i've been feeling 8 or 9 mths for a LOOOONG time now. my pelvis, back, crotch HURT. i can't roll over in bed anymore without groaning. getting OUT of bed is damn near impossible. my legs give out all the time. this is only my second pregnancy! my first was a breeze for sure. this will be my last. i can't believe i still have 17 weeks to go! lol i feel like i'm falling apart and i feel as though no one understands cuz i'm still so early. boo hoo. LOL

so no, you are not alone.

D, wife to an awesome man, mommy to 2 awesome boys!!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM

I'm 28 weeks now, but all those pains started really early for me, too, before 20 weeks. The good news is that in my case, they didn't get worse until a couple of days ago. The bad news is, it all got worse and I don't know how I'll get through the rest of the time. My son came almost 3 weeks early so I'm hoping for the same this time around!

ETA: Does anyone know what that crotch pain IS? I don't even know how to describe it, so I can't look it up. All I know is that it goes away when I go to the pool. I can lift my legs without pain. Ahhhh...

Cristina
CPST and mom to Toby 6/06 and Caleb 8/09
Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

I just did a search and found this;

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=650945

Mama to one very active DS (5.5) Loving wife to my wonderful DH and our baby girl arrived on December 10, 2009
Old 06-30-2009, 01:31 PM

Ouch. Some of that sounds like what I have. I'm going to ask my OB about it tomorrow, though it sounds like maybe nothing can be done.

Cristina
CPST and mom to Toby 6/06 and Caleb 8/09
Old 07-01-2009, 11:35 AM

I just want to say that I'm with you ladies. However, the midwife and I attribute the extra aches and pains so early to having twins...so...any of you ladies not sure if it's a singleton? :

I did specifically ask about the crotch pain, although mine is more of a tender bruised feeling than a sharp sudden pain. The midwife said it's probably due to all the extra blood flow causing varicose veins that swell up down there. Hence the extra tenderness. The rest of my aches and pains are accentuated by physical activity, so as long as I take it really easy, I'm ok. And to think I'm only 15 weeks. The earlyness of these feelings really did shock me.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM

Not yet so far with this one as I am only 10 weeks, but I had the same stuff going on at 17/18 weeks last time! I remember walking around the block and having the feeling that DD was going to fall out! I am guessing I will get the same stuff in a few more weeks here too. Probably some of it is due to being all stretched out from already being pregnant in the past. Plus being just a few years older, etc. All I can say now is I am glad I am not 9 months pg in August in Houston again! (due in January this time)

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:29 PM

I think you feel farther along in subsiquent pregnancies...something about already being stretchy

I'm almost 16 weeks and caught myself waddling last week...I told the baby it's way too early for this!!

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 PM

I felt that way with my last two pregnancies. This time around I've been seeing the chiropractor and have felt much better. Not nearly the same hip/pelvic pain as before. It would be worth a shot.

Leigh

Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 PM

This is my 3rd, and I've felt it a lot more this time - it sucks. But I wanted to share- I recently started doing the "inversion" on the spinningbabies.com website, and it has REALLY helped my back and hip pain. Apparently carrying a child on your hip a lot (and don't we always put the toddler on the same side) can make your uterine tendons pull unevenly- or something like that, and this position helps things straighten out to where they should be. I wish I had known to try this sooner, so I wanted to share.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09

User Tag List