Brewer Diet Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2009, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi:

I think there is something wrong with BlueRibbonBaby.org because the site is not working and hasn't been for a couple of weeks (for me!).

Does anyone know what qualifies as "Vitamin C source" or citrus? Also, for "orange fruit or veggie"...does a nectarine or peach count?

Finally, is it required that the potato be baked? Could I eat the equivalent in a mashed or hash-brown potato?

Thanks so much!

Kristine

Mama to babygirl.gif 3/2007, vbac.gifbabygirl.gif 10/2009,  angel.gif 3/2012, vbac.gifbabygirl.gif 2/2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 PM

Yeah, that site has a traffic limit on it, and they exceed it every single month.

This is directly out of "What Every Pregnant Woman Should Know...", even if the categorizations seem a little odd.

Quote:
Vitamin C - whole potato, large green pepper, grapefruit half, whole orange, lemon, lime, papaya, tomato, cantaloupe, strawberries, parsley, broccoli, cabbage.

Yellow/orange - apricot, cantaloupe, cherries, papaya, peaches, prunes, tangerines, oranges, watermelon, corn, pimientos, squash, sweet potato, tomato, wax beans
As for the potato... it will still have all of it's nutrients, so long as you're eating the skin. My guess would be that the reason for the emphasis on a "baked potato" may be two-fold... one, it prevents eating more than one, which can easily be done when it's cut up. Two, most other preparations are considered "less healthy/unhealthy". Personally, I would prepare it however you like it. In the book, I only see baked or boiled potatoes on the menus, and that would get really boring.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 08-04-2009, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, thank you!

I am at work and filling out my Bradley class worksheet!

I didn't realize I actually AM getting some Vitamin C and Yellow/Orange stuff in!!!

Thanks...that makes my day!!! :

Kristine

Mama to babygirl.gif 3/2007, vbac.gifbabygirl.gif 10/2009,  angel.gif 3/2012, vbac.gifbabygirl.gif 2/2013

User Tag List