September Mommies - Feb. thread! - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 355 Old 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay Jen,

here's my take on it,... it seems to me that you are a very dedicated kitty momma and perhaps you are feeling worried that after your child arrives, you will not be able to give your darling kitties the same love and devotion you do now. Maybe you are afraid the kitties will feel abandoned and betrayed.
anyone who cares as deeply about her pets as you do, i am sure will be able to give everyone... child, pets and partner the love they deserve. You obviously care deeply about "doing it right" and I am sure you will.

Love and kisses
Anna

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#332 of 355 Old 02-26-2004, 11:40 PM

T

Thanks, Anna, for your very plausible explanation; I have been concerned about Sydney especially because she is very attached to me (she's the one I need a sling for!). She sleeps with me every night, cuddled up along my side or my legs. She is always willing to work around me getting up (she either follows me to the bathroom and then comes back, or she waits and re-positions herself after I get back in bed) and she only leaves in the morning to go watch the sparrows when she hears them gather on the air conditioner. Even as I sit here and type she's lying next to me against my leg.

But getting resentful and trying to drown herself? Eeeew.

The funny thing is that we got her because Jo insisted she had to come home with us. We actually had gone to the pet store looking for two new baby girl rats for pets, but they didn't have any. We moseyed over to the cat and dog adoption center, and one wink from Sydney and Jo was hooked. I was hesitant because she's so allergic to cats! But there was no looking back!

xo, j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#333 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 05:23 AM

It's Friday!

Adventuregirl, sorry for the bad money woes morning. I hope you can find a job that you don't despise and don't give up your home biz dreams!

Sistermama, congrats on the good appointment!

Jodie, sorry you are still feeling barfy.

Dreamers, oh they are interesting. Here's mine from last night:
I go to get an ultrasound (decided to have one next Thurs) and the place looks like a fast food counter at a Chinese restaurant with the menu of ultrasounds like photos of meals above the counter. Mine has already been taken and I have to pick out which one it is above the counter. I see mine and the counter-clerk/nurse says, "I don't see anything in there (meaning the uterus)." I say, "I do. See that small balloon-like thing?" We somehow zoom in on the balloon and there is a little man, completely dressed in plaid shirt, trousers, and shoes, with a belt even, lying there with hands folded over chest waiting to grow and be born. I say, "he looks healthy to me." Then blip, I wake up laughing.

I think it means that my baby has inherited my really boring fashion preferences!

Happy Weekends everyone! Eat well!

Steph

p.s. I forgot to mention the neighborhood baboon that walks by my office window and stares at us almost every week. National Geographic, right here in the city!
#334 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 10:35 AM

:LOL what a great dream, Steph! A "neighborhood baboon" - that's something else. we don't even have any humans in our neighborhood who would qualify for that title! But I've got a few choice titles for the neighbor's dog who is let out to bark at 11 at night at 7 in the morning... *grrrrrr*

Adventuregirl, money is one of the easiest things to get in a fight about, isn't it? *sigh* I hope things go better for you soon...

Danielle how's that toe doing?!

Jodie, good luck keeping the food down... I do fine during the day now but every evening at about 6 the nausea returns until I force myself to eat something.

happy Friday to all, long day for me with kindergarten at the beginning and 3rd grade late in the afternoon... at least it's a play day for everyone (Fridays are always play days in german - less planning for the teacher too!).

xo, jen

ps: there's a big article about Waldorf education in Mothering magazine this month! Yahoo!

#335 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 11:06 AM

Good morning gals! It's Friday!!!!

: Jen, hope you have a blessed day!!

Steph-love the dream

adventuregirl-I feel for you on the money issues. dh is in school and we're making it on one paycheck. worries me a little. I'm hoping you find something that will satisfy you until you get your own thing going!

It's supposed to be in the 60's today!!!! Definitely will have to give those 5th graders some extra recess. We all deserve it
#336 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 12:45 PM

Hey Steph!

that was the funniest damn thing! I totally blew my cover here at work. boss doesn't like me sending personal e-mails during work, but I started laughing and had to share your story with him. The grumpy old marine even cracked a smile and then told me about some of the weird dreams his wife had during her pregnancies!

I SAW GREEN THINGS GROWING TODAY!!!!!! There's still snow here in places, but I swear I saw plants coming up in a flower bed! Thank you! Thank you! thank you!

Love and kisses
Anna

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#337 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 02:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Jack was doing quite a bit better by the time I got to him yesterday morning. Dh is on spring break next week and is going to take him at least 3 mornings for increasing amounts of time. That is what the teachers suggested, so I hope it helps.

I love hearing about everyone's dreams. Pregnancy dreams are the weirdest. When I was pregnant with ds, I dreamt that I had a zipper in my stomach so I could take the baby out and then I unzippered my (male) cat's stomach and put the baby in there for a while so I could get a rest from being all big and tired. I also dreamed that dh's recently passed away grandfather, who no one liked and didn't like me at all, came to me and told me I was having a boy. He also told me that since we were naming ds after our other 3 grandfathers (all their names were Jack) that he wanted to be included also. He then told me what his first and middle names were. I never knew what his middle name was and when I asked dh about it in the morning, I was right!!!

I think it was a definite visit and I actually saw and heard a lot of strange things the whole time I was pregnant with Jack and for the month after he was born. So far, nothing like that has happened this time, but it could be because I am so much more tired and out of it.

I think I'm going to stop and pick up unisom and b6 today to try that combo. I haven't been able to keep much at all the last couple of days, and I'm a little worried about that. Has anyone else ever tried it?

Hope you all have a nice weekend, I don't have a computer at home. So, until Monday!!
#338 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 03:22 PM

Hola ladies! I am feeling much better today, made some job contacts yesterday and will be helping my friend out with her pet-sitting business this week. There's still some things to work through, but my head is in a much better space now. Thanks for your sympathies and well-wishes.

I love hearing about everyone's dreams! So cool.

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#339 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 08:35 PM

Sarah, that dream with your husband's grandfather in it is incredible.

All of the baby dreams I have had occured well before I conceived. *shrug* I'd like some more!

In the odd coincidences department, I've been hearing Billy Joel on the radio all of the time lately, and feeling the need to listen to it at home, too. We got our girl name from a favorite song by him ("The Downeaster Alexa" on the album "Storm Front"), it's one of the CDs we always take along on our road trips up to Grand Marais and so it's infused with lovely memories of a fantastic place. It's just weird to be hearing Billy Joel now all the time, for one reason or another. Makes me say "hmm! Maybe it's NOT a boy after all!"

Beware the glow! My colleague Phil told me today that I'm getting one.

Eddie is here on my lap getting reassured that she is still the most wonderful grey cat in the house, and sends all of you her affection.

We are going to an odd social function tonight - mostly friends of Jo from college - but the hosts are throwing a fish fry / adopt our stuff party. Basically a garage sale for friends without any money changing hands. I'm hoping they have baby stuff!!! So... I had better check to see if my raspberries are thawing out.

yay weekend!

xo jen

#340 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 09:15 PM

Ah, the glow. One of the first things my mw said to me on Tuesday was "Wow, you're all glowy already!". Tell me, exactly what IS the glow? I don't know what its all about. Is it like a blush? That's what comes to my mind, but I don't think I've ever noticed it on anyone.

-Sheryl

#341 of 355 Old 02-27-2004, 09:55 PM

ooops, Jen. I guess my birthday wishes were a little premature :
oh well, in case I forget next week :LOL
#342 of 355 Old 02-28-2004, 12:52 AM

My colleague says that I have more etheric energy around me. If I go into what that means, it will be a mini-lecture on the 4-fold human being and some wonky Waldorf stuff that might make you all say "huh?". But he says I am exuding the energy that goes along with small children. I'm glad he sees it, I sure don't!!

greenbeing don't you even worry about being ahead on the birthday wishes - I will just start doing like my mom and celebrating my birthday WEEK. You and Steph are both just ahead of the game.

The fish fry and free stuff party was great, in addition to getting some useful free stuff I got a bunch of maternity clothes on loan. Now I really think I am done! Except for that elusive maternity underwear...!

Jen

#343 of 355 Old 02-28-2004, 11:19 AM

Happy Saturday, all!

The toe is getting better. I can walk somewhat normally, but only at a regular pace. Speedier walking is out for now!
I will go back to work in two weeks I've decided.

PG wise, I'm feeling so much better!
The only weird symptom I get, and I have had it with the others, is when I go outside in the cold air, I gag. It lasts a minute, then I seem to get it under control. My OB said it has to do with my salivary glands. Chewing minty gum helps.

Ah, the joys!

I also have bizarre pregnancy dreams! None so far in this pg, but in my second pg, I pretty much killed off my whole team at work in my dreams, one by one. I wasn't killing them, but in my dreams, they would die weird deaths.
I also dreamt once that I was Dianne Sawyers midwife.

I laid out a bundle on maternity clothes this week. Stocked up fr summer before all the cute stuff was gone.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Danielle
#344 of 355 Old 02-28-2004, 02:59 PM

Hello ladies!

Having a great day today! I am eating TAKEOUT as I type. It feels SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO Good to eat something besides the basic 10 foods I normally can eat. Had a craving in the car as I drove to work and decided to humor it! Yeah for chinese takeout!

Had a bad scare with my beloved kitty boy yesterday. We had to leave him with the vet, after we found evidence that he had been eating thread! He barfed all night long and looked awfull in the morning, all listless and doopey. Xray's showed an obstruction in his intenstines and we were told surgery could run around $1,000.00. Yikes! Thankfully one of the vets specializes in homeotherapy and we decided to try that first. Today he is looking brite eyed and bushytailed, so they sent him home! Horrayyyyyy! We still have to keep a careful eye on him, but he's eating with enthusiasm again and we are feeling quite relieved.

Last night I had two different dreams about twins girls. In both dreams my husband was playing with them and then i was holding them too...... it's funny because I've had a gut feeling all along that I am having a boy, even though I would rather have a girl. When i told my hubby about my dreams, he looked so worried. I guess i think it would be kinda neat to have twins..... extra hard, yes..... but special.

Love and kisses to all
Anna

#345 of 355 Old 02-28-2004, 04:20 PM

Te hee hee. Placenta brain strikes again!

#346 of 355 Old 02-28-2004, 06:14 PM

Hey Girls,

Danielle, I'm glad your toe is getting better, yowie!

Anna, I'm glad your kitty is doing better!

I had a baby dream last night, it was so cool. It was like I had just given birth, but there was no one around, everything (including the two of us) was clean and the baby was huge, like the size of a 6 month old. Anyway, I was holding this naked little baby (no gender indication) and going to breastfeed for the first time and messing with his/her latch. I felt like the baby was sucking so hard on me and I had no idea if milk was coming out. We looked into each others eyes while feeding and it was so beautiful.

Well, IRL, I am making deviled eggs, YUM! Can't wait to chow those babies! Had a little bitchy spot today, but just joked about it and didn't cause any problems. Two of my girlfriends are really suspicious, but I am trying like crazy to hold off on telling until next Saturday when I am 14 weeks. DH really wants to do this and I am happy about it too, its just getting hard!

Well, that's all for now, hoe you are all having a great weekend!

-Sheryl

#347 of 355 Old 02-28-2004, 07:02 PM

WOW, I just wrote the letter I plan to distribute to the school community on Friday.

And I tabled for Waldorf Schools of the Twin Cities at the Rainbow Families conference this morning and what a fabulous morning - surrounded by queer parents including many pregnant mamas!!!!!! and talking about the work I love.

Danielle I'm so glad that your toe is feeling better and hallelujah for this weather we're having!!

You baby dreamers... lucky ducks! I dreamt something last night that involved my co-worker Jacque saying "maybe your water already broke." That's all I can remember.

Anna thank heavens your kitty is all right. Eating thread can be a bad situation!! I hope he passes it and returns to his normal self!

Lots of exclamation points in this e-mail. I guess that's a good sign.

It's nearly four so I should eat some food before the nausea tries to set in. I have found that my former eat-everything-in-sight time - my time of no food willpower - has turned into eat-now-or-pay-the-price time.

xo! Jen enjoying springy melting

#348 of 355 Old 02-29-2004, 08:53 PM

Everybody must have had a nice weekend! I had to go to the second page to find us.

I think I am starting to feel better, or maybe I am just dealing with it better. Either way, I am so glad. This morning I did leap out of bed with major dry heaves though and that was no fun.

Took Noah swimming at the gym today and that was really fun. Except he kicked me right in the belly by accident. Does anybody want to tell me not to worry that he couldn't have hurt the baby? I think the baby must still be pretty far down in my pelvis and I haven't had any bleeding or anything so that's all good.

I'm getting excited and nervous for my appointment on Tuesday. If it were with my midwife I would only be excited but it is at a birth center that we hope to use for a few back-up appointments. My midwife wants me to have an u/s for dating purposes since I don't really have a LMP to go by. I am pretty sure of my dates but think I will have a quick u/s anyway. I have read the studies and thought and thought about it and I feel good about the decision. I really want to know everything is okay and that there is only one in there. I'll be 10 weeks on Tuesday and I really doubt they will be able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler. With Noah they couldn't hear it for awhile and said it is because I have a "tilted uterus."

I guess we get to start a new thread tomorrow!
Happy Sunday night to all,
Chrissy

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#349 of 355 Old 03-01-2004, 08:15 AM

Does anyone else say Rabbit Rabbit at the beginning of the month? I don't know where it came from, but dh and I try to see who can say it first on the first day of each month. He won today.

Sounds like everyone is feeling pretty good! 3under3, good to hear your toe is healing. Chrissy, you almost sound better!

I stayed indoors all weekend except for one grueling 3 hour trip to the bank downtown that left me sunburnt, dehydrated and with a killer headache. I love this city. I only have to go downtown two more times (one more paycheck and one more trip for malaria pills)! Yeahhooooo!

I think I might have to adjust my underwear into maternity underwear by cutting the seams open. Things are getting a little tight, but more so in the thighs than the stomach! I hope my stomach catches up soon.

Wishing you all a great week!

Steph
#350 of 355 Old 03-01-2004, 11:02 AM

Good morning everyone!

I had a fun weekend with my mom and Jack. We took Jack down to Disney Marketplace and ate at Rainforest Cafe. Then we let Jack ride on the carousel and a little train. He had such a blast!

I've been puking a lot more lately and now that dh is working again, I know have bathroom company. Meaning that I now have a little face down by the toilet with me, laughing hysterically and spitting into the toilet!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
#351 of 355 Old 03-01-2004, 12:34 PM

Poor sistermama! I can't even imagine having company while puking... however the image of your little guy's involvement and enjoyment is really funny. What a compliment he's giving you in wanting to share that with you! someone has to REALLY love you to have fun "fake barfing" with you!

i dreamt about two little girls AGAIN last night! they were about 2 or 3 years old and fresh out of the tub. they climbed into bed with me to snuggle, all damp, naked and giggling. Then an older girl ran in to join us and I knew she was my neice Quin. We all snuggled under the blankets and laughed. What a fun dream!

The snow is melting! the snow is melting! Hurray!
Love and kisses to all
Anna

#352 of 355 Old 03-01-2004, 01:00 PM

There is a really cool book that my dear friend got me during my last pregnancy. Its all about parents' amazing experiences pre-conception and during pregnancy. I would really recommend it if anyone is interested. Some of it made me jealous though, like why didn't ALL that cool stuff happen to me????

Soul Trek: Meeting Our Children on the Way to Birth
#353 of 355 Old 03-01-2004, 01:52 PM

Happy Monday!

Sarah, that book looks cool, I want to check it out. I had a half laugh, half cry when you described puking with Jack, awwww... I hope it subsides for you soon.

Anna, sounds like a message in your dreams! If you have it a third time, you might think about taking it seriously.

Chrissy, I'm sure the baby is fine. Right now there is so much room in there for him or her to bounce around, and like you said, it is still pretty low in your pelvis.

Steph, I never heard of Rabbit Rabbit, where does this come from?

I am realizing that my pants don't have a lot of time left, the ones that used to need a belt are getting snug and I don't have anything the next size up, yikes! I told dh this morning that we better start telling people so they give/lend me their maternity clothes! Saturday is D-day, when I turn 14 weeks and we tell the world.

I am develpoing an icky cold sore on the corner of my lip, ouch! The whole side of my head is achy, from my ear, across my face, to my throat, wah! I hope it goes away soon!

OK, I'm ready for a nap, sleep last night was poor and I have some afternoon work, so I better fit it in!

-Sheryl

#354 of 355 Old 03-01-2004, 02:00 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hreadid=120125

OK, I started the March thread, see you all over there!

-Sheryl

#355 of 355 Old 03-01-2004, 02:00 PM

Thanks for starting a March thread, adventuregirl - another month done!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page