September Mommies - Feb. thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heres the latest due date list with corrections!

Please let me know if anyone wants to be added or other corrections need to be made!

9/2/04 - JenInMpls (Jen) - 1st baby - birthcenter

9/2/04 - 3under3 (Danielle) - 4th baby - hospital

9/5/04 - Adventuregirl - 1st baby - homebirth

9/8/04 - Caroline248 (Caroline) - 4th baby - hospital

9/11/04 - mama2annabelle - 2nd baby - homebirth

9/12/04 - Shannon0218 (Shannon) - 1st baby - hospital

9/15/04 - sistermama (Sarah) - 2nd baby - homebirth

9/16/04 - Celestia'sMama02 (Juanita) - 2nd baby - hospital

9/21/04 - cuddlemama (Leigh) - 3rd baby - hospital

9/22/04 - SamanthaJ

9/22/04 - Greenbeing - 1st baby - homebirth

9/24/04 - Jodie (Jodie) - 1st baby - homebirth

9/24/04 - bellasmum - 2nd baby - homebirth

9/25/04 - Mom2Baldie (Lynsey) - 3rd baby - homeVBAC

9/28/04 - chrissy (Chrissy) - 2nd baby - home or birth center birth

9/30/04 - Boobykinmama (Heather) - 3rd baby
#2 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 01:56 AM

Thanks Lynsey! it looks great!
I'm in a bit of a nasty mood today, big fight with dh (it was his fault of course!) Have a dog boarding with me that won't let anyone near him (like I need that crap now!) and my arthritis is acting up so both arms are killing me.
Hoping for a much better day tomorrow.
The good news is that the hypnosis is still working wonders for the nausea, I have heartburn, but haven't thrown up and have only felt yucky a few times--so that's GOOD news!
So how is everyone else doing anyway??
#3 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:18 AM

... and welcome to February!

The current time is 4:05 AM, and I woke up at 3:30 needing to pee (what a surprise!) and with a grumbly tummy... so I had a waffle (of course! ) and thought I'd look at my mail. Jo's cell phone, set on vibrate, went off about 15 minutes ago and while I don't think she woke up at all as she leaned over, plucked it off the floor and looked to see who was calling (wrong number, wouldn't you know?), it startled me so much that I think I'm doomed to be up for a few hours. Oh well, it's snowing outside which looks very pretty and which means it can't be -20F.

My pretty kitty Sydney is up and keeping me company too, although I'm sure that she wishes I would lay back down so she could curl up next to me and go to sleep like she was before the phone started buzzing. We wonder what she will do when Sprout is here and sleeping next to the bed. Any experienced pet owners here who have gone through the whole bringing home a baby to pets thing?

Shannon I hope you have a better day today! That must be a pain to be boarding a dog you can't get near. How long will you be boarding him? I hope he isn't like that the whole time.

I myself am the same-old, same-old: tummy almost constantly displeased, still really enamored with waffles (Jo went out and bought me Nutri-Grain ones yesterday, so at least I can get a little nutrition with my craving!), and now I'm onto a busier block at school and I hope I can keep up... I have the littler ones for February (1st, 2nd, 3rd grades).

I guess I'll try going back to bed now... nighty night, lovelies!

Jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#4 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 11:16 AM

Hi girls,

The real morning (all day) sickness has set in over here. I still haven't puked but feel as if I will at any moment, all day long. This is right when it set in last time (6 weeks). It's okay though. I can live with it if it means a healthy baby in there. If it gets too bad I will see if my acupuncturist can help me.

Lynsey, with my son I had an OB, hospital, induced, epidural birth. Somehow I escaped with a vaginal birth though, thankfully! I really am leaning towards a homebirth but my husband and everyone else would rather the birth center (or really, the hospital). The birth center was pretty nice but I have some reservations based on others' experiences. Also I've heard the backup doctor is a jerk. The midwife we are meeting with this week is a CNM. I'm hoping that we both love her. My husband will go along with whatever I decide but it'd be nice if he really liked the idea too.

Jen, you and those waffles! I wonder if one day you will suddenly hate them or if you will love them throughout your pregnancy.

Shannon, I hope you have a better day today! Dumb dh! That is so cool that the hypnosis is working so well for your nausea. Perhaps I will have to seek one out to try myself.

Happy Sunday to everybody,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#5 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Chrissy,

Hmmm.......I dont know why I thought you had your 1st at a birth center. : Sorry!

I hope your appt. goes wonderfully and I cant wait to hear about it! I am sooo excited about seeing my midwife again - only 3.5 more weeks!
#6 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Happy Sunday everyone. So glad for today.
Yesterday was tiring. Can't wait for the "all day sickness" to go so I can eat those things I should eat. Right now I just eat what doesn't make me want to hurl. Lucky I haven't thrown up yet.
Definently eating less than I'm used to.
Speaking of food I'm starving, gotta go hunt down something good.

Hope everyone has a good day!
#7 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 01:10 PM

I am here...really tired!! The sickness seems to have passed for now...I am nervous about it though. It seems early for it to go away. I don't really want to eat anything either. I might make some French Toast for breakfast....

Caroline
#8 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 04:00 PM

Bee-
So sorry! Take care of yourself.

Well, the saliva problem is not as bad as it was previously! Hooray!
As Jen mentioned, we are having a lovely snow here! Kids and Dh are bundled up outside and playing in the snow.

Everyone have a lovely Sunday!
#9 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Danielle, youve ben added.
#10 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 06:31 PM

Hello, fellow September mamas!

First of all, Bee, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and wish you peace and healing.

I've been following this thread for about a week now and I'm finally getting the chance to join it and post. I'm due Sept. 30(counting from date of conception), with #3. This pregnancy was a happy, happy surprise. DD is only 11 months old, and we hadn't decided for sure on a third (well, I had, but dh wasn't sure yet), but we are both extremely thrilled and excited.

We'll be having a midwife-attended home waterbirth, with the same wonderful midwives we used for dd. I haven't called yet--will probably go ahead and wait until 10 weeks or so, so we can hear a heartbeat.

Leela is still nursing quite frequently, although she really likes solids. I'm encouraging her to nurse as much as she wants, since I still have a good supply, and will continue to nurse through the pregnancy if she so desires, and tandem nurse as well. I nursed ds through my pregnancy with her--he was just over 2 when I got pregnant, and tandemed for about 2 months--he developed a strong, painful latch during the pregnancy, and I just couldn't do it anymore. I think this has a lot to do with sippy cups (the spill-proof kind that are pretty hard to drink from), so won't be using that type of cup for dd at all.

No nausea yet, and maybe I'll get lucky this time. I had m/s from about 6-16 weeks with both my other pregnancies. So far I'm just extra-hungry, especially for protein and salty, savory foods, and not really wanting anything sweet at all. I've been pretty tired, too, and ds doesn't nap anymore, so I try to doze during dd's long afternoon nursings. I'm also really bloated by the end of the day--I look about 16 weeks pregnant by 10 pm!

Anyway, I'm so happy to be back on the Pregnancy forum--seems like I was just here announcing Leela's birth! Take care, everyone!
#11 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 06:37 PM

Happy February!

My big kids turn 4 and 2 this month! We're trying to plan a birthday party for next weekend, but I just don't have the energy to do ANYTHING at the moment but .

Anybody want to give me a kick in the butt to get me started? I swear I could sleep for days without feeling less tired. Of course, the fact that Nate's getting his molars and I slept for a big old 3 hours last night really doesn't help with the exhaustion issue.

Food still goes down hard and comes up easy. I'm obsessed with vinegar in all its forms at the moment.

This week for dinner I had veggie sushi with rice wine vinegar, chinese dumplings with red vinegar, chicken bruschetta with balsamic, fish fry with malt vinegar and a boca burger with salt and vinegar potato chips.

Those are the only meals that stayed down for any length of time. Everything else just makes an immediate return trip.

Man, my boobs are killing me at the moment. They were slightly sore during the first trimester with my other pregnancies but, this time, I think they hurt if someone even walks past too close.

Ok, better go. Sitting too long brings on the sleepies.

Blessings,

~Leigh
#12 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:06 PM

Welcome Boobykinmamma!!!! (any chance you have a shorter name??) :LOL
Having a kinda rough day today, I've spent the last 3 days running constantly, I think I pushed the power of the hypnosis beyond it's abilities! Unfortunately tonight we have Superbowl stuff going on, tomorrow I'm pretty busy too, so we'll have to wait till tuesday for a day of rest!
My skin is SO dry, I think it may fall off, I'm using Lubriderm 6 times a day right now, it's insane!
How is everyone else doing?
#13 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:22 PM

Welcome boobykinmamma and congrats on your happy surprise!

Shannon, my skin is pretty dry too. I hope you get some rest soon.

Okay can one of you guys please tell me that it is perfectly normal for my cervix to feel open? It's been this way for at least the last week. On the plus side, I feel so very green and could sleep all day and night. :LOL I *think* it is normal for a cervix to do anything at this stage but I want somebody else to tell me that.

Nauseously yours,

#14 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Chrissy,

How open does yours feel? I know that today mine is closed (I started spotting again so had to check). I also know that when I am ovulating or on my period it is usualy about a fingertip dilated.

But honestly I think it should be closed, because when I spotted with Paityn my Dr. just checked me to make sure mine was closed, and it was, so he just told me not to worry.

Then when I found out the last baby had died at the ER, a Dr. checked me then and said mine was open and that the miscarriage would prob. take place within 1-2 weeks. And it did 10 days later.

So those have been my honest experiences. Dont know if that helps you out at all...
#15 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:41 PM

Oh no, when I checked it was about a fingertip open. I will check again.

#16 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Hello and welcome!

I am also still nursing one of mine (the 2 year old). It seems as though since I concieved she has been nursing more during the day AND at night. Its driving me crazy. I personally am hoping that she will wean sometime during the pregnancy because I cant even sit down or sleep for more than 2 hours straight without her hopping aboard.

I also am not experiencing any morning sickness. I wonder if we are the only ones...

Would you like to be added to the due date list?
#17 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Im sorry Chrissy. I could be wrong. hat was just my experience and Im sure everyones cervix is completely different. Are you bleeding or something? What else is going on?
#18 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:44 PM

No bleeding at all. No cramping either. I am very very nauseous, especially since yesterday and am also very tired. But I was just wondering because it seemed like it should be closed. Now I'm pretty freaked out.

#19 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:45 PM

Sure, add me to the list.

Chrissy--once you've given birth vaginally, it is normal for your cervix to be "dialated" a fingertip all the time, and I think that's true even when pregnant. I just checked mine, and it's a scant fingertip, and I remember it being that way for my second pregnancy as well. The dialation is only on the outside--the cervix is still closed internally.
#20 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Chrissy--once you've given birth vaginally, it is normal for your cervix to be "dialated" a fingertip all the time, and I think that's true even when pregnant. I just checked mine, and it's a scant fingertip, and I remember it being that way for my second pregnancy as well. The dialation is only on the outside--the cervix is still closed internally.
Okay, that's what I'm hoping!

#21 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Well nausea and fatigue are good signs, as are no bleeding or cramping!! Im sure you have nothing to worry about....maybe tomorrow you could call one of the midwives and see what they think about it?
#22 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 08:14 PM

Okay, I've decided to relax. I did some research on the internet and found a couple of interesting things.

1- sometimes hormonal changes in early pregnancy cause the cervical opening to relax a little bit,

2- an open cervix that would precede a m/c would be open enough that a finger or thumb could go in.

Mine isn't that open.

Depending on how I feel in the morning I might or might not call the birth center to see what they say.

#23 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 08:21 PM

Ugh, I don't know how you all are checking your cervix?? I have never done that. I would think it would be a bit aggravating on it.

Welcome Boobykinmama. I nursed my last DD while pregnant, but that one ended in a M/C. It was so painful that I had to wean her before I got pregnant this time.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Caroline
#24 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 08:42 PM

The things I learn on this board. How interesting that you can be pregnant and your cervix open. Guess that's where the mucus plug comes in handy.

I am also in awe of you mamas who are nursing babes and chasing after small children right now. I hardly have energy to attend to household chores.

Leigh I envy what you have managed to eat. I normally love fish-n-chips but now I think I could eat 1/2 of one fish filet and 3 chips and I'd have to be done. Can't wait to be able to eat normally again!!

It has snowed ALL day. We declined our super bowl party invite. It's supposed to snow all night. And all day tomorrow. PLEASE can we have a snow day tomorrow?!!

Jen and Sprout, hopeful

ps: Jo's made jalapeño poppers... they smell so good! Do I dare eat one!!?

#25 of 355 Old 02-01-2004, 09:32 PM

Urk, I'm not having the best of days today. Threw up before bed last night, then twice this morning and have been fighting being sick the rest of the day. I just want to curl up in bed and sleep. The thought of food makes me feel a bit green, though I *think* I can handle bread and cheese and salad for dinner. I hope anyway. My husband is being sweet and fixing dinner for us. And then....I'm going to sleep! Yay for sleeping! I think I'm going to make him drive himself to the trainstation tomorrow and just park there, as I'm not sure I'm up to crawling out of bed at 5 tomorrow.

Lazuli
#26 of 355 Old 02-02-2004, 01:06 PM

Snow day! I'm surprised, considering my school usually follows the public school district we're in and they're in session, but I'm grateful for the common sense of whomever made the decision!! Jo works 5 miles away and it took her almost an hour to get into work. I work 20 miles away.. let's not think about that.

Secondly... I not only ate one jalapeno popper, I ate TWO. Ha! They were so good!

Enjoying watching the snow,

Jen

#27 of 355 Old 02-02-2004, 01:29 PM

Jen-
My hubby would have KILLED for a snow day today! No such luck. Minneapolis Public Schools won't close for snow unless we get three feet! And it has to be about 30 degrees below zero to close for cold weather.
We did close the 'restaurant early last night due to bad weather, and business being really slow. That was nice, though I didn't make very much money.

Lazuli-
Sorry you are feeling so icky!

Maybe I'm missing something, but what are the benefits of checking your cervix at this point in the game? I would be afraid of introducing infection somehow. I know my cervix is always slightly open when I'm pregnant, but that's normal after having more than one baby. I seem to have a lot of CM this time, though.
#28 of 355 Old 02-02-2004, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

For me personally, the benefit of checking my cervix is: peace of mind. As I said in an earlier post, I have had a miscarriage where there was a big to do over whether or not my cervix was open or closed. I have been spotting this pregnancy and it makes me feel much better knowing that I can check my cervix and se what its doing. Right now mine is closed. I know that with my last pregnancy it was very open for over a week before the miscarriage took place.

This is all I can do. We dont have good insurance so I cant really afford to have HCG levels taken or sonograms, not to mention I dont know how confortable I am with having an early sonogram anyway. Thats part of the reason Ive had such a hard time and ended up canceling the sono I shouldve had this Wed.

Also, I am not worried about infection or aggrivating my cervix because I know that for me personally, I am much more gentle than a Dr. has ever been. I also know how to wash my hands to remove the possiblity of infection and I wouldnt worry about it anyway, because my body is familiar with the germs that are in my home and on my body. I have a greater risk of infection if I choose to go to a Dr. or the ER and have them check me because they carry foreign germs.

So I hope this doesnt come off as snotty or rude, just trying to explain that I check my cervix because of the experiences I have had with my previous pregnancies.

Oh also, I do think its kindof neat to be so familiar with my own body and be able to feel all the changes that are occuring during pregnancy - not just in my uterus.
#29 of 355 Old 02-02-2004, 05:06 PM

I'm so annoyed at the moment. I called to cancel my doctor's appointment on Friday and left a message for the nurse asking if I could get the blood work to check my hormone levels done at a local lab. She basically told me no, that I have to see the doctor for an ultrasound, and if seeing the doctor is going to be a problem then they'd have to see if the doctor would let me see a local ob. *blinks* They do a weekly u/s for the first 12 weeks. This seems pretty insane to me, I mean, what is the point of that?? The blood work I can understand.

Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good today, hurray! I'm even getting some stuff done around the house.

Oh, Jen, your talk about jalapeno poppers made me make some last night. They were so good....

Lazuli
#30 of 355 Old 02-02-2004, 05:48 PM

Women, I'm sorry I talk about food all of the time. Before I got pregnant, I used to really enjoy eating and cooking. Now... I can't eat more than a few forkfuls of anything, some of my favorite things make me barf... I think I'm a bit in mourning.

It makes me wonder if this is how my dad felt after he had surgery to remove cancer in his mouth that left him pretty much unable to eat any solids. His diet was very restricted from that point out. The unfortunate part for him was that there was no end in sight where he would be able to swallow normal foods in normal quantities again. I guess I should count my blessings.

Lazuli, I am sorry you're getting the run-around from your doctor's office. One ultrasound a week for the first 12 weeks? That's insane! Are there any friendly midwives in your neighborhood you can hook up with?

Danielle: I think the reason why our Board chair called off school is because all of our students except for one come by car. (The one who doesn't come by car walks.) It also helps knowing that 95% of the moms at our school stay home during the day - we don't have to worry as much about who will watch the kids during a snow day.

Guess I'll go throw some laundry in the washer. It's kind of fun to watch our washer (we have a front-loader, and I'm still a bit mesmerized by it) and imagine it full of nappies 7 months from now.

xo j

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page