June Mommies Feb 1-7 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2004, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, well as long as we are talking about embarassing stuff. I just discovered that I have a vericose vein on my vulva! I found it while I was showering. Must have just shown up. Isn't that horrible! I never got those with my first. I cross my legs all the time. I've got to stop doing that. Why are we raised to do things (like crossing legs) that are bad for us!

I also have had a problem with pee. We only have one bathroom in our house and I feel my need to go is urgent enough that I trump my dd's need to go in the morning. So she dances while I go :-). I need to get serious about my kegels.

Thanks for all the commiseration/support on the grocery store thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2004, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smithie
When I got up this morning, I decided to brush my teeth before I emptied my bladder. While brushing, I coughed. While coughing, I PEED MY PANTS.

:LOL
Yep, I've had this happen more than once now. I've had this cold for a couple of weeks and occasionally the coughing aggrivates my gag reflex. When this happens I run to go throw up in the sink and twice I've ended up peeing (just a little) while puking.

:

Fortunantly it's only happened when I was at home.

I've been working on my kegels since it happened the first time.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:00 PM

I used to have horrible sneeze-pee problems, all my life until, ironically, after I gave birth to Eli. The kegels I did getting "back in shape" have been much more effective than they were before I got pregnant. Strange, but true. I'm sure I'll need to get the poise pads out again as my belly gets bigger, but for now I'm okay. Hooray!

I can only see movement on the outside when the entire baby turns. I'm feeling lots of kicks, though. Lots! And there's the extremely strange, totally unique sensation of having your cervix kicked from the inside. It's... odd, to say the least.

Sometimes I feel the baby rolling around in my pelvis. At this point, s/he doesn't weigh enough to make me lose my balance, but Eli did when he got bigger. I still remember tripping because Eli had turned his head and body and I wasn't ready for the shift in my center of gravity. Hilarious! : : : (I love that smiley! : : )

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 02-07-2004, 10:45 PM

Yesterday in the car with Soren, my 9yo, I had a sneeze pee. It was just the two of us and I was so afraid my, ahem, accident would be visible so I quick stuck some Kleenex in my panties as Soren looked at me quizzically. "Soren," I said, "sometimes when you're pregnant..."
"You peed in your pants mommy?"
"Yes son, a little. But don't mention it to anyone, okay?"

I have to be SO specific about what not to tell people. The other day he told the phone company caller that I couldn't come to the phone cause I was in the shower with my husband. :
Once upon a time, a caller was informed that I was pooping.

Jeez.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Old 03-14-2004, 12:32 AM

Hi everyone, I'm an infrequent poster, but I am also a June 2004 mommy. I have two sons, 4.5 and 3.5 who are looking forward to this baby! I think they'll be jealous when he nurses...I just weaned them a little over a year ago! Oh, and my nice dh too....I appreciate his support for everything.

I started out gung-ho on everything AP. Now, I just do what works. I'll probably breastfeed "forever" again. (2-3 yrs ) But I would like to get this next baby used to sleeping in the crib for at least part of the night and taking an occasionally bottle/cup of pumped milk. Oh, and we love the bouncy seat and our strollers. I guess you could say that over the past few years, I've learned what works and what doesn't work in our family.

My mother has always supported breastfeeding. She nursed all of us (8 children) for approx. 2 yrs each. (I know she weaned me "early" at about one year because she "listened to other people" but the others she nursed for much longer.) My mil was not as supportive but I think it was because it was all "new" to her, seeing that no one in her generation breastfed. (Well, no one that she knew, I mean.) But I think she's accepted it.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:28 AM

Welcome!

Come on over to our newest thread (we're a chatty group so things move fast!!)

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hreadid=124064

~Erin

User Tag List