YEAH! mamamorag on your beautiful little one! I guess Spark wasn't so off as she thought she was, eh?..... Sounds like a really great birth - nice and short.... and happy! Congratulations!
Bathroomgoddess - Sorry about your false alarm... although sounds like baby just needs some more time to grow for you, and that's not such a bad thing....
Gratefulmum - First of all - sending you NOW vibes for that baby!! Glad to hear that you found a great doc to do your breech! It sounds like he'll be wonderful! That I can't say about my doctor. I am pretty sure that mine falls more into the "will allow it" category, and I don't know how comfortable I am with that..
I really feel strongly that he would much rather do the cesarean. The other thing is that I really don't know how many he's done. My mw is unsure on facts and figures with him, as he is from a little bit out of her area. She knows that he has done them, and that's about it. So, that is where the dilema really comes in. I still don't know what to do about this whole situation. I'm not completely comfortable with him doing the breech delivery, but I don't really want to just give in to the c-section either, ykwim? I meet him in his office Monday morning to discuss things further, so we'll see how that goes. I'm hoping he'll say something that will convince me one way or the other.
I guess I need to move to NY this weekend and find gratefulmum's doc. Or to Tennessee to "the farm"......
I've actually been getting some pretty strong contractions the last few days also, so I'm hoping that nothing happens before Monday... otherwise, it will definately be a c-section, as the doctor covering for mine will definately not attempt a vaginal breech, and I won't be quite ready for it. However, since I've never had a baby before, I really am unsure what they are really supposed to feel like. They are all irregular, though, at this point, so I'm not too worried about it yet.
Oh, also, the mw really didn't give me the clarity that I was hoping for. I think she feels that a frank breech delivery would be alright to try, but she understands where I'm coming from as well, and can't give me the reassurance that I was looking for on my doctors capabilities.... I'm hoping the answer will strike me, and I'll just know which way to go, but it hasn't happened yet, and I'm running out of time...
I was feeling kind of out of place there for awhile, as it seemed everyone on the board except me was up at 3 am the other night..... why wasn't I?? (sniff,sniff...)
Gina, as you can see, I'm going through a kind of similar thing as you. It's been hard to come to terms with because it's definately not something that was in the plan, but it will be awesome to see the babies! I'll be giving birth Tuesday if my scheduled c-section stays scheduled... I really feel like it will. I don't know that I trust my doc enough with the vaginal breech, as there is so much increased risk, especially with something who is not maybe that experienced with doing it, or into helping me do it. But, you know what, we get the same results and no labour pains. It's not all bad... plus, it's kind of nice to not have to play this "waiting" game that everyone else is doing, right? Stay optimistic!
Anyhow, hope that everyone is well. Sounds like there are a few out there they might be birthing any day now. I need a bunch of you to go by Monday night. If I go in for the c-section Tuesday, I will probably be in there for 3-4 days! I'll probably miss something. COME ON BABIES!!!!! GET MOVING!!!!!!!!!