March Mamas! It's February! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 343 Old 02-24-2004, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! I missed a few reminders of updates and I missed a ton!! My babe has turned - yay. But since he's such a squirmer and had headed south once before only to nestle back up transverse, my midwife has my belly bound with ace bandages to keep him in place. He is not too thrilled with his space being limited this way, but I'll take this over a version or a csection at this point. At least it's not August with this girdle of sorts on my upper belly!

Gratefulmum - Spark is a bigger person than me! I wish I could be so generous and give your baby's gma more benefit of the doublt. All I can say is it now doesn't seem so odd that your baby's father is so out of the picture; look at the example he's following! Yikes. Surround yourself and your baby with people who value and cherish you and your choices.

I have been sooooo hungry the last few days. Last night I couldn't sleep I was so hungry. Today I couldn't make it til 9:45 before I thought I'd have to chew off my own arm though I'd breakfast only 2.5 hours before! What gives? After my u/s today tehre was a surprise shower at work for me and all I wanted was the FOOD!! It was lovely and we got nice things, totally unexpected with a second baby, but the food made my afternoon!!

I'm off to bed ladies - hope everyone continues to feel well or manage the discomfort as best they can. Have an extra snack for me tonight, k?
#242 of 343 Old 02-24-2004, 11:49 PM

Had a drs. appt. today! woohoo! I'm offically cleared for delivery. He would have let me go last week but is really more comfortable if you get pasted 37 weeks. I'm 37 weeks and 4 days. Come on Baby!!!!!!!!!!

I know I will miss being prgnant. But right now, I miss sleeping on my tummy, putting on pants without falling over, my back NOT feeling like it's on fire!

i'm only dilated to a 2. Please let this baby come soon!
#243 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 11:19 AM

Is someone else schedule for induction that I forgot about? I'm feeling like someone's got some birth news. Is this true or am I having false labor vibes?

Sending labor vibes to all the mamas that are ready for them.

Although, after that statement, I feel like I should note that our babes will come when they're ready. While no one seems to want to go over, it will probably happen to many of us (statistically more to first time moms). I'm 37 weeks (edited because I wrote 27), but really I could go another 5 weeks or so. Staying open to the possibility of going over may help if we actually do. Prepare for an early birth physically, but also prepare for a later birth mentally. Make sense?

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#244 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
37.5 wks here too.. and some signs, but nothing imminent.
I've been losing the mucous plug over the last few days. Threw up yesterday and have had menstrual-like cramps in my lower back. Oh well. I'll probably be pregnant for another month anyway. BLAH!
#245 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 12:34 PM

39.6 wks pregnant and still have no idea when this little girl is going to make her arrival.

I am feeling very very overwhelmed. I am anxious and nervous and almost feel like I am living in a surreal state of mind. Is anyone else experiencing these feelings??

Spark~ I feel the same way about preparing myself mentally for a later birth. I am always telling people that I have 2 more weeks than my actuall due date.

Rebecca~ sounds like your body is getting ready for the wonderful journey of child birth.

Take care everyone and I can't wait to hear another birth story soon.
#246 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 01:04 PM

At least I can count on getting a good laugh out of this place.... you guys kill me with the cream cheese episode and the rants. I know right well that's it's not funny... I just feel the same way... People keep telling me that I need to get the house clean, and I'm like "Really.... that's nice.... bite me...." Maybe a little bit of help would be in order??? If I'm up for more than an hour, my feet and ankles double in size, so I prefer not to do too much right now....

Yesturday, I brought my step-son home from school and he went flying up the stairs in front of me. At the top he turns around, and he's like "HAHA... I made it up the stairs like 10 times faster than you.." He's only 8, so I shut my mouth, but I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, well why don't you strap one of your friends from school on YOUR stomach, and then we'll see who gets up the stairs first..." (BTW, I weighed him on the scale yesturday out of curiousity, and he weights only 5 pounds more than I have put on.... kind of made me want to cry....)

So, basically, I'm saying I'm there with everyone. Patience is at an all time low.... BUT, the good news, my mom is flying in tomorrow!!! I can't wait! It'll be great to have the support around here, and she has said she'll help me clean the house! YEAH!!!! I won't have to live in a pig sty anymore!!! (I'm very excited!)

I had an appointment with the anesthesiologist yesturday afternoon. Didn't really enjoy it very much. My decision hasn't been made, but we're going ahead with the lab work, and preparations for next Tuesday anyways. I keep getting so many different stories on which way is better - but, of course, the ones coming out of the hospital are pro-csection, the ones coming from outside the hospital are pro-vaginal. I haven't given up hope yet though - kid still has 5.5 days to turn over. Whoever gave the stat on the 7% being breech at 38 weeks, and only 3% at 40, thanks! It renewed some hope! I hadn't heard that one before!

The really sad part about this, is that if the baby turns or I wait for labour and deliver vaginally, I think I'll be a little disapointed. Only because now I'm half expecting to meet my baby on Tuesday.... I can't wait.... Isn't that sad, after all the complaining I've been doing....

Well, it sounds like there's a few people ready to pop any day now! bebe luna especially......

On an exciting note, my husband and I did a belly cast last night. It was harder than I thought to stay in one spot for so long, but it turned out pretty good, so I'm very excited about it. I wanted one of my hands in it, which looks kind of cool, but I was getting cursed the whole time about it - apparently it's not easy to cast around fingers.... It's really hard to get a smooth finish though, isn't it? Does sanding it down really work? Any suggestions.... Now, I just have to worry about decorating it! But, I can't really do that until I know what I'm having...

Anyhow, as usual, I have written too much.... so I'm going to take off.. I guess I should clean the house today or something....

Hope everyone's feeling great!
#247 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 01:21 PM

Rebecca~maybe you will have the babe soon?!?

Dancinggirl~I can relate, I am having similar feelings.

I had an appt yesturday and I don't know what the point of it was. My doc was in with a labor so I had a CNP and everything was great, my GBS was negative YEAH! Then she said "Wow, you are carrying REALLY low!! *Really, I didn't know this!* "That must be REALLY uncomfortable!! *Again, quite observant* Ughhh!!! I didn't really say those things, but I wanted to!!

I think I am going to start seeing a therapist b/c last night I had a breakdown. My dh hasn't been getting home till 10pm and that can't be changed cause he's an Army Recruiter. Also, all of the things I have been planning to do for myself I found I can't cause he has to work. Also, he is going to be woring ALL weekend, I will see him Friday night and then not again thill Monday. Monday is our anniversary and he informed me he has to work late, then too! If I call him, he gets in trouble and I can't see him for lunch anymore, either. I have friends here but they are involved in their own families. I feel like I have no one to count on!! I just can't take it anymore, and we found out we have two more years of this!!

It is just hard cause I am not the mommy I want to be for my kids, and I am not the wife I want to be either. It is just hard and whenever I think about it, I start crying. Also, my dd hasn't seen her daddy in a long time, how do I explain why to a two year old.I don't even recognize this person anymore. I don't really want to see a therapist but I think if I do it will help, and it might even let us get out of here, if they think this situation is too hard on our family.

I am sorry to write a novel but I really needed to get this out.

Hope everyone is having happy days for me!!

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#248 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 03:27 PM

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. I am GBS negative so yeah for that. I am 1cm and 75% effaced. I am also at -2 station. I have been having some contrax this morning but no pattern. Pretty much my midwife said anytime now so I am pretty excited!

I am off to the bathtub!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#249 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 04:30 PM

I have had some mild nausea...right now in fact. It doesn't stop me from eating, like it did in the first trimester, but maybe it should...LOL!

I also just plan on going late...Erik was "late", and I just figure it's easier to be not quite ready than it is to get all stressed out when the babe doesnt' come early (like I did with Erik). The baby has been head down forever, but just recently moved to an anterior position, which excites me because Erik was posterior.

Anyone else have weird numbness/annoying pain right under the bra line? I have to wear a sports bra or nothing now, because all of my bras make it worse, but it's there nonetheless. I can't believe how high my belly is, even when the baby is lower. It makes it hard to sit on the floor, which is annoying with a child!

((((HUGS)))) to all of you who are being annoyed by DH's/bosses, others. YUCK! Much peace to you, as well!

Oh, I also have an extreme lack of patience, but to my regret, only when putting Erik to bed. He's going through a difficult time, and it's SO hard for me to be patient and gentle at bedtime. I normally put him to bed, but there have been several nights I've come out and had DH finish, because I just can't maintain my cool.

MissPiggy....continuing to send you "TURN BABY" thoughts, but it sounds like you have a great attitude.

Is anyone else dealing with a breech baby still?
#250 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 05:37 PM

Claire, I know that there are others who are further along than me, but can I please be the one who is sending you vibes? I have a whole plan, you know...

Our friends have offered to babysit tonight while dh and I go to a movie. We're going to try to go The Passion of the Christ, if it is not sold out. It's one of those that I just think will be better on the big screen, yk? Anyway, then we are going back to pick up A and have birthday cake and ice cream. Meanwhile, I will have started having some unobtrusive ctx.

We get home and dh puts A to bed (we've started taking turns lately and what a big help to me!). Meanwhile, things start to really get going in the ctx department. Any time after midnight, we wake up A to see the baby being born. Then we all take a big nap. After, we call everyone and tell them. And the best part is that we can still have the fat birthday steaks I have marinating in fridge for a celebration, birthday x2, dinner tomorrow night!

So have I convinced you to let me be the one???

I'm so sorry that so many of our are dealing with less-than-ideal situations. Hopefully all that will soon be overshadowed by the mystery of meeting and falling in love with our new babes.

Oh, and Heather, I thought I was a bit nuts...but I have been having that tingling on my upper back too! I think it must be related somehow to how Baby is lying...on some nerve, maybe? Crazy!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#251 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 05:47 PM

I've missed a ton of personals, don't know how cuz I check this board every day. Anyway...hang in there everyone at 39 or 40 wks! Fiacre, that is SO great that your baby turned, and MissPiggy, here's hoping your little one gets their act together in the next 5 days! I understand what you mean about being a little disappointed, of course you want to meet him earlier!

Still have a transverse baby in here...but still have some time-I'm just 36 wks right now. I'm not scheduling a section and we're doing Webster 3x per week for the next 2 weeks. I have a moxabustion appt. this Saturday and I"m doing tons of exercises. Bradley class was all about c-section last night...I must admit I'm a little depressed. I just have a feeling all my planning and research and prep work for this birth experience will be for naught. Please, send me some positive energy...I need it!

Sorry for the me post...I have 2 days left of work so I'm totally self-absorbed today. Sorry

Rachel
#252 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 06:05 PM

Every time I get an email notice of a new post on this board by someone due in the first few days of March, I'm expecting a baby announcement!! (citizenfong, that would be you, but OK, tomorrow will be fine--I like your plan).

I'm having a much better day today than yesterday, thanks for listening to my rant and sending hugs!

My big pain is my lower back on the left side, and on down my buttock. I'm doing as much stretching as possible, and I had a great massage this morning. It's just nagging, though.

I am trying to accept the fact that this baby probalby won't be born by March 15. My mw is actually using March 21 as an edd. March 21 is the date based on my LMP, the 15th is the u/s date. Sooooo, we'll see. I've been feeling like I'd go early, but I know that isn't likely. But I do belive in the power of the mind over the body, so maybe if I repeat it enough times, it WILL happen!? That tactic worked with dd #1, who was 5 days "early" but not with ds, who was 5 days "late." Those 5 days were some of the worst of my life because I wasn't mentally prepared for that.

good news fiacre! I've never heard of the ace bandage thing. I hope it's not too uncomfortable.

I've had some mild nausea on and off for the past couple weeks. Eating always seem to cure it for me! I do not lack an appetite, that's for sure!

bebe luna, I'm still taking the 5W (up to 4/day) and the EPO orally (3/day).

heather, dh and I also take turns putting the kids to bed. . .of course we are both still on "duty" every night, but ds takes about 5 minutes, and dd takes up to an hour! He's out of town for business right now, and my patience has been tried to the max! You are not alone.

Emmama. . .hang in there, and don't feel badly about going to therapy (maybe you aren't, but I'm sensing maybe you are). I went last summer and fall and found it very helpful. It's not going to hurt. also, I'm cracking up at your description of your appointment yesterday!

misspiggy, I'm enjoying your sarcasm, too! bite me!! yup, that's how I feel!

Hey, I get to meet Spark in person tomorrow, I'm so excited!

Well, ds just awoke from his nap, so "playtime" for mommy is over.

namaste.gif

#253 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 08:50 PM

MissPiggy -- your wit is great! Thank you! As far as belly casts go, I just completed mine today. Good timing with the question. After the belly cast dried for 48 hours, I went to the craft store and bought a bottle of plaster of paris (just add water). Then, I spread it on with my hands. After it dried I sanded it down. Here, I took pictures, if you want to see the process of making the belly cast cool:
http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/iblog...906/index.html

citizenfong -- Alright, alright, you talked me into it. I'm sending you gentle birth vibes, Tracy

Emmama -- sometimes just talking to someone who knows something is a great thing. It can really help sort out all kinds of things. When you need a therapist, they're the best!

Rachel -- sounds like you're doing what you can to turn that baby! And, you do still have time. You are doing what needs to be done. The rest is up to God or Higher Power, if you believe in that. It is out of your hands once you do what you can.

Mamaroni -- I'm so excited about meeting you in person, too! I'm going to bring my belly cast along if you want to see it IRL.

Well, just a few hours left is someone's going to post about having a baby. Maybe we'll just have to have Tracy post for us tomorrow!

Happy Gestating!

#254 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 08:51 PM

Well I am 39 weeks and still pregnant
Visited the midwives today... I am dialted 3cm, 60% effaced, and at -1 station...
She stretched my cervix a bit w/ her fingers in the opening and I have been so crampy and having ctx pretty constant since.

I also discovered I tested posative for GBS. They want to do the antibiotics during labor... which I am pretty against. But she said that if I were to come in and my labor was well under way and going quickly then they may not have time to give me antibiotics... so my plan is to wait until labor is well under way and then head in and hopefully get away w/ no antibiotics.

I am prepared both physically and mentally for the baby to come now or w/in the next few weeks... I am surprised he hasn't come yet, but not disappointed. I figure he'll come when he is good and ready.

Boy this boy is long! His head is way down there, engaged, and yet his feet are still in my ribs! My midwife guessed he will be just under or around 9 lbs...
A nice big boy!

Rachel and MissPiggy I hope those babies turn very soon! No matter what though they will be coming out and you will be holding them rather soon!!
#255 of 343 Old 02-25-2004, 09:14 PM

Spark! The belly cast is so cool! I love the color and the fairy!

Is anyone else doing one?

bebe. . . you probably already know this, but I'll share my experience. With my dd, my water had broken and after 18 hours I still wasn't in active labor (but I was at the hospital, I wish I'd known better!) so they "had" to give me an IV antibiotic. It was awful. Up to that point I had been feeling just fine, but once I was strapped to the bed, with a major tummy ache from the antibiotics, the whole karma of the experience changed, and it was pretty rough for a while. I think your plan of staying home as long as possible is a good one, for what it's worth!

OK, Tracy, your birth announcement anytime now. . . .

namaste.gif

#256 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 03:06 AM

nice cast, Spark.
I am going to do one, but need to go get the stuff. I have ones of the other two kids bellies up in the office/birthing room now. I love them. I hate the process of casting but love the results.

{{hugs}} to those out there dealing w/stressful issues. I am sending peaceful wishes....

I am still in shock that we are all this close..... I can't believe I"m going to be holding a newborn again soon. I need to finish up all my "stuff" soon.....I am already drifting into that nebulous head space that seems to accompany late pregnancy for me. :LOL

Hoping to hear some news soon.....

Bebeluna--re: GBS, my MW's w/dd had me try some homeopathic stuff....a remedy that didn't work for me (that is supposed to be more successful....) and a homeopathic suppository that *did*. I hadn't had my two negative cultures back when we delivered but she decided she felt comfortable w/it, so I avoided antibiotics. DH and I also did affirmations on my yoni area since I decided that part of the message of GBS was that my yoni was "dirty", or dangerous....contaminated. I actually feel like this was the most healing message of GBS for *me*. Just thought I'd pop in w/that.....maybe it will help you too. Good luck w/the situation.
#257 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 04:01 AM

Hi mamas! I'm still waiting for baby to make an appearance as well. One more week to go here! Though I've had absolutley no signs of impending labor (no back pain, no contractions,nothing!) Baby has not really dropped much so I'm thinking I still have at least a week or more! (we'll see)..

Otherwise my fundal measurement was 43cm yesterday and my MW estimated the baby to be at least 8 lbs already (just a guess though). I've had some swelling issues still and my BP has been on the rise. My mw's want me to stay off my feet as much as possible but it's sooo hard!!!!!! I'm so bored (and feel so useless) just laying around! I'm taking hawthorn berrry/scullcap tinctures to try to keep it under control, hopefully it will help..

BebeLuna- I tested GBS+ as well. It sucks but I do plan to get the antibiotics in labor. (they actually don't give you much choice where I'm birthing at) They told me at my birth center even if I showed up just a couple hours before giving birth there's enough time to get 1 dose in (they like you to start it at least 4 hours before if possible)I am very against it too but fear my baby will get sick so that's enough to make me just do it. I've read so much about this it just seems the chance of baby getting it is so slim yet they make such a big deal over it. Luckily I can get a heplock so I can still have a waterbirth & be mobile though. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Indigolilybear- i totally can relate to the GBS+ making me feel *dirty*, it sucks..

Ok well I hope everyone is doing well! Can't wait to hear more birth stories!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#258 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 12:00 PM

I'm in labor!

3 weeks ealy but hey if he's ready i'm ready I've been having contrax since yesterday morning 3-4 min apart dialated to 3, 100% effaced. Bloody show and all! I went to the hospital last night, sat on the monitor for an hour, they gave me a sleeping pill, I slept great last night woke up and still contracting!

Now if we only had a name....

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#259 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 12:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been noticing that the closer we get to the end the longer each month's thread gets!

Miss Piggy: TURN BABY TURN! I totally sympathise with your ambivalent feelings about the delivery. It is so hard to know what is the right course of action to take. I know that you will choose what is best for you and your baby and that is what is most important.

Emmama: Your DH's work situation sounds awful. I am so sorry that your family has to go through this. I hope that the therapy is helpful for you.

Heythere Heather: I COMPLETELY understand about that constricted feeling. My baby is also right up under my ribs. I keep adjusting my trousers and taking off my bra and then realising that it is the BABY which is making me feel tight across the ribs. Breathing is getting laboured for me now and I discovered yesterday that it better be something important if I have to bend down for it, otherwise it can just stay on the floor 'till DH comes home.

I am really looking forward to the baby dropping, although how I can go to the toilet more often that I do currently I have no idea. I was saying to my DH that it was just as well that we had the bathroom redone. Since I have to spend a lot of time there, it might as well be a pleasant place to be .

RacheePoo: Sending you lots of turning vibes ~+~+~+~+~+~ . Hopefully your baby will realise which way down is and get into LOA for you.

Spark: That belly cast is beautiful and really inspiring. I am going to research where I might get that done locally. I love the gold detailling with the deep aquamarine colour. I think they really complement the shape - there is something which is very "essence of woman" about it to me. EDITED: to say I have just ordered a kit. Hope you don't mind if I get back to you for tips on painting it afterwards?

Bebeluna: The news about the GBS is dissapointing but it sounds as if delivery is imminent for you . All the very best wishes for a good birth and a healthy baby.

Bathrobe Goddess: I just noticed your post, WOW!! that is really exciting. I am going to be glued to the boards for news all day now! Very best wishes to you also, may you have the birth you want and a heathy, happy baby too.

My update:

As I said above, the baby is right up by my ribs which makes any position pretty uncomfortable after a while. Bending is hard work and going to the loo is even more logistically difficult than before. I have no idea how I am going to get my next urine sample for the hospital into the tiny tubes they give you. I think I will have to get a jug or a funnel or something. It's clear that men think of these things, selfish gits !

I also had a slightly worrying experience last night. I woke up at 3am with a severe period type pain very low down. It was coming and going in waves and I thought - this can't possibly be labour, I'm only 35+3 and the baby isn't engaged yet!. After relaxing my shoulders and doing some breathing exercises to calm myself down, I felt my tumnmy and realised that my uterous was not contracting. The pain tunred out to be in my left hip joint (right in the crease where my leg meets my hip) presumably there was some ligament stretching going on. I got out of bed and circled my hips until it all calmed down. Man, the things that the books don't tell you that go on with your body eh?

Apart from that I am fine and getting excited that I have only have 4 weeks until my EDD on Sunday. I am booked into the birthing centre and fingers crossed that all will go well and I won't have to fight anyone for the birthing pool. I met a girl at Yoga with the same EDD - we decided we'd have to race each other to the pool . That would be something for the video camera !

to everyone and very best wishes to those in labour or whose labours are imminent .
#260 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 12:56 PM

Bathrobegoddess - If you are still somewhere that you can read this, GOOD LUCK!!! It's so exciting that another baby is almost here!!!!

Citizenfong - Hopefully your "plan" came true, and we'll be hearing from you really soon! It sounded like a really good plan!

Spark - Thanks for the info on the belly cast! Yours looks awesome! I only hope I can do mine half so well - I'm very unartistic.... I do have a question about putting the bottle of plaster of paris on. Does it cover up anything from the belly cast? I really wanted my husband to do some more layers after we were done to try to get it smoother, but he didn't want to do anything to the outside (He thinks it will ruin my "cute" little belly button which is sticking out....oh, and my nipples which I think seem to be sticking out more than is reasonable (the bandages were cold....)) I had never heard of getting the bottle though - so I'm very excited about it! Glad that I asked! Getting the bandage marks off seemed like it would be impossible. I'll have to get a picture of mine on here! Probably won't be painted for awhile though. I want to know what I'm having first, so I can customize it to the baby.

Fiacre - I forgot to say congratulations on the baby moving down for you!!! That's very exciting! I hadn't heard of the bandages that you've got on either, but hopefully they work well and the kid's got no choice but to stay where he's supposed to!

Racheepoo - Sending you positive thoughts for that little guy to move!! He is half way there though, and you really do still have lots of time for it to move! That said, and not trying to be negative, it does help to consider that your birth plan may not work out as you wish... When I found out that I was more than likely getting a c-section, I was pretty much flipping out. I was so convinced on how I was going to have this baby. But, it really did help to put things into perspective. Either way, this beautiful baby will be coming out soon, and it will be incredible either way. Even if it's not how it was planned. I feel much the same about all the research, etc.... though. I put a lot into this pregnancy and birth ideas, and although I haven't given up hope on the the baby turning (fingers and toes crossed!!!), I feel good about coming to terms with it.

On that note, I meet my midwife today, so I'm going to get her opinion on what I should do about this birth. I value whether she feels it a good idea to wait and attempt a vaginal frank breech, or whether she would recommend the c-section. I don't really know how much experience the doctor has with this kind of thing, and the mw cannot perform the birth in a breech position around here. So, we'll see. Mind you, I really feel like the feet are down again, so I don't know if that's even going to be an option. (I've been getting painful kicks VERY low, as I was when the baby was footling...)

Emmama - Don't feel bad about going to therapy for your issues with dh. It will probably help you to get everything out in the open and discuss it with someone. I can imagine that it's very difficult for you right now - patience is low, and you just really need the extra support - and it's not home right now.... Hopefully things will get better soon! Does your dh at least get some time off when the baby is born?

Okay, you guys probably won't get how funny this is, but as I'm writing here, one of my cats was playing with the empty stroller box (which is sitting upright near the computer). The cat was batting around at the flaps on top of the box, and they gave way so that he fell in. Right now, the box is frantically moving around, and I hear completely freaked out meows coming out of it. Oh, he just tried to jump out the top - nope, didn't make it.... I had better go and rescue him......

Hope that everyone is doing well! Have a great day!

#261 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 01:37 PM

Congrats, BG. I hope all goes well and we get an update soon.

I have hit that 38 week mark and although I am extremely miserable I am to the point where I am enjoying every last "easy" day. I was like this before ds2 was born too. When the countdown gets to be days rather than months, it is so much easier to wait. Especially since we really have a flow around here, and things will get so much harder when #3 arrives. You don't realize how easy things are with just the two boys until you start thinking about having a new baby and trying to nurse and still get things done. I'm going to enjoy every last day as a mom of two.

Now for my rants.:LOL I so tired of feeling like crap. I can barely walk down the hall from the livingroom to the bedrooms. My pelvis is just destroyed and I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to be able to push well this time because there is no comfortable position for my pelvis. The ligament pain is just getting worse and it feels like I have a hot poker going straight through me below my right boob. It is that pain that keeps me up at night. I haven't slept for more than 45 minutes in a row in weeks and it's starting to get to me. I was so exhausted at one point last night that all I could do was cry. I so desperately wanted sleep, but I knew that I wasn't going to get any. It's just so frustrating. I hate the fact that simple things like getting a few groceries causes me so much pain. The walking is enough to do me in and have me sitting on the couch for the rest of the day. I'm cranky (ask my kids, they'll tell you: ) and tired and I can truly understand why some people opt to be induced. There is only so much that a body can take. I am afraid that by the time this baby comes I am going to be wheelchair bound, and sadly, I'm not kidding. I can't wait to get my body back.

On a slightly different note, is anyone else having problems driving? It seems like everytime I get into my van I start having a string of BH contrax and it becomes impossible for me to turn to check my windows or to look behind me while backing out. I'm a hazzard on the roads now.:LOL
#262 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 02:32 PM

Yeah BathrobeGoddess!! I hope all goes smooth and beautiful for you!!

Jish~ I do empathize w/ you! My sleep has been pretty crappy as well. I worry about having enough energy for labor... although I'm sure that adrenaline rush will help...

My ctx are moving more into the upper belly regon instead of lower abs... and getting more intense... so something is changing. Otherwise I feel pretty good, except for a bit sleep deprived.

My dh has been so sick now for about a week... we finally brought him to the doctor the night before last. It ends up that he has hand foot & mouth.. my cousin who works at a day care was over visiting a night or so before he got sick, so I'm sure that's where he picked it up... but man, I have never seen anyone get so sick from this before! He is starting to feel a little better... but still so drained and his throat is pretty raw. It's been somewhat tiring and frustrating caring for him and Talin and myself... I just want him better so he can take care of me

Well, I should go... I have an appt to get my hair trimmed.
#263 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 06:20 PM

Well, nothing here at this point. And the odds are steadily decreasing as the day wears on...

Bathrobe Goddess: Good for you!!! I can't wait to hear your announcement!

I cannot complain about my birthday, however. My ILs made a lovely dinner on Tues. for our weekly dinner at their house, including a yummy cake that they sent home with us. Ever since they both became diabetic, they send home with us any sweets they can't resist buying after they've had a bit.

We got to go see our movie last night. Got tix through the computer at the last minute...it was sold out by the time we got there. It was very well done. We LOVE a movie where they really make an effort at historical accuracy. My MIL said today on the phone, What? the Hypercritical Couple doesn't have much criticism? :LOL Did I mention that we both used to be in theatre? Dh especially can get really ramped up about movies. Anyone ever see Ever After? Dh was incensed that they used an elasticized sock on the Cinderella character...NOT appropriate for the period!

And...today we have snow!! And not the kind of snow we normally get around here, either, with ice. Just beautiful, soft DEEP snow! Dh got to come home early and will not have to work tomorrow (hey, 8 inches is a BIG deal around here). (See? Wouldn't today be the PERFECT day to have a baby, all cozy in our house?)

And we still have those steaks waiting, even if they are only for my birthday and not to celebrate baby...

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#264 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 06:21 PM

Man, get to the end and still no updates I hope, BG, that the fact you haven't updated means you're just too busy!

Went to the midwife today, nothing notable except I am gaining weight by the buckets....up to 50 lbs now argh. I am pretty sure it's a lot water now, because actually, my clothes fit me well, the same as htey have for the last 15 lbs. But hey, we can convince ourselves whatever we want, right? LOL!

GB strep...had antibiotics with Erik, midwife says she'd like to just treat me as positive this time, but I had the culture today anyway. We'll see. It was, incidentally, very painful to have the antibiotics--burned like nothing else going in.

I continue to feel yucky, quite nauseated, very tired, etc. I still don't think I will go early (though now I've changed my opinion to "but I won't be surprised if I do..."), but man, I don't know how I can pull out 3-4 more weeks. I dreamed all night about having contractions, and when I woke up was having some mild contractions...resisted the urge to be checked today though, as I don't want to get my hopes up *quite* yet...

Spark....LOVE the cast. Wow, I don't think I've ever seen one I like more, almost makes me wish I were doing one

MissPiggy, hoping the appointment went well today...what did the mw think?

Can't wait to meet some more babies!!!!
#265 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 06:37 PM

yeah, BG!! Can't wait for the update.

citizenfong, where do you live? the snow sounds really nice. I miss the fluffy stuff (although I am ready for spring!).

heather, I've also gained 50 lbs, and I also think it's "mostly water"!!

namaste.gif

#266 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 06:45 PM

BathrobeGoddess, hey, thanks for letting me keep my title of local psychic. I was afraid my prediction for someone going into labor yesterday was going to be for naught. But, you came through! Seriously, though, at this point in the game, I don't think it's all that hard to predict when soemone's going to go. The chances are pretty good. Just some mornings I wake up and think SOMEONE's gonna go into labor! Sending you gentle labor vibes. May you be holding your healthy babe in your arms soon!

Bebeluna -- It does sound like a shift in things for you. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too much longer. I know you wanted to meet him earlier than your EDD. Ugh to the sick husband! I can relate. It bites.

Jish -- You know, they make some pretty cute wheelchairs now! Seriously though, I'm wishing you some relief. Sounds like you've got it right to enjoy your two kids for a while. Hopefully, your pain and lack of sleep won't get any worse. I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

Tracy -- Come on, gal! We promised each other that one of us would have a baby on our birthday! Here's me sending you tons and TONS of labor vibes and some more

Thanks so much on the compliments on the belly cast! It really was cool to do! I just kept painting and painting and painting until I liked what I saw. And, yes, the decals really made it, I think!

MissPiggy -- You can get whatever kind of plaster you want. The bottle was really easy though, because I just added 6 oz. warm water to it and shook it for a minute. Then, poured it onto the cast, or my hands or a bowl. I didn't lose any of the detail, because the plaster is like thick milk. It fills in a lot of the cracks or crevices, but you could still see things like my mole on my chest. Now, I only had one nipple show up (we had the casts in a crock pot, so it was warm). I covered over that one nipple a few times to make it disapear. I felt odd with just one! Feel free to PM me or e-mail me with specific questions whenever you want. I'll help however I can.

I met Mamaroni today! She's really a neat person! It's nice to know a like-minded mama is in my state!

Virus report -- DH is over the hump finally. He feels just good enough to eat all MY food. Jude seems to be doing better. I took him out to meet Mamaroni, but he was very tired. He stayed in his stroller or on my lap most of the time. Poor kid. He's still not 100%. But, no vomit since Sunday, so that's good! He's pretty cranky right now. I fear I overdid it taking him out. We're nursing, nursing, nursing, but he's still upset. I think I'm going to take him into the shower. That should calm him...

#267 of 343 Old 02-26-2004, 09:39 PM

Yay BathrobeGoddess, can't wait to hear the update!

I love reading all the updates even if I don't respond. I admit I am so lazy. I finally took my maternity leave and now I am just waiting to have this baby.

I wanted to get the book, "spiritual midwifery" but didn't want to spend the money....but I was thumbing through it and it said,

Don't complain, with something about complaining bringing on negative energy...

so, I'm not complaining that I feel like a whale, am as slow as a sloth, can't get anything done, can't focus, have serious brax hix with shooting pain in the legs and vagina, etc, etc..

:LOL

Jish, I can't hardly drive either, everytime I get into the car it's like the circulation to my legs gets cut off...

So who is next?

I vote for bebeluna....
#268 of 343 Old 02-27-2004, 05:04 AM

Ugh, oh. It's about 3am here. I'm just feeling weird. I haven't been up at night for a while now. BH are coming close together right now. I feel like I need to... oh, I don't know. But, lying in bed isn't cutting it.

Thought I'd come here and see if BG was up posting about her amazing birth. Maybe hearing about another baby would put me back to sleep.

Hope you're all getting a great night's sleep (and that I join you soon!).

#269 of 343 Old 02-27-2004, 05:24 AM

Also... I'm sending labor vibes. (What else to do at this hour?) Mamaroni, you catching them? I just read your post on Homebirthing Mamas. That's rather exciting. Especially since we just saw each other yesterday. I must be having sympathy "pains" for you. Whether you're headed back to bed or pushing out a baby, sending you gentle vibes.

#270 of 343 Old 02-27-2004, 05:36 AM

3:27 a.m. and I'm up too! Just feeling weird, lots of ctx, lots of trips to the bathroom (very loose, sorry if TMI). I feel like something is happening, but since I'm not even quite 38 weeks, it just seems too early!

lying in bed wasn't cutting it for me either. I'm really stuffed up, so that is part of the problem. So, I deciced to use some nasal decongestant spray, have some protien, do some cat/cow stretches, and head back to bed and see how I feel. I'm hoping I just go back to sleep.

Spark, too weird that you are up too! Maybe our meeting this morning (oops, yesterday morning) caused some shift in the universe??

namaste.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page