March Mamas! It's February! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 343 Old 02-01-2004, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm taking a stab at starting the new month's thread. Christen had her baby first! Frankie was born January 19th. Congratulations from us all!!!

Anyone I missed, let me know, I'll edit to add. I just copied this list from the Jan thread.

When are the March Mamas due???

lisab 3/1- Paul Thomas born 2/12/04
dancinggirl 03/02
Boobiemama (Angie)3/3- Jack Stephan Robinson born 2/19/04
mamamorag- Kieran born 2/26/04
bebe luna 03/03
MissPiggy 03/03
Rainbowmoon 03/03
Citizenfong 03/05
2girlsmom 03/05
Oak Faerie 3/5
Red Hot 3/5
Penguinlady 03/06
Sahara (Steph) 03/06
Gratefulmum 3/6
livelybaby 03/08
lemon 03/31
Jish (Beth) 03/12
fiacre 03/12
Dnr3301 (Rebecca) 03/12
gina 03/13
jster (Jennifer) 03/14
DandelionCrown 03/14
Mum2sarah 03/14
coloradomom 03/15
Mamaroni 03/15
Spark 03/15
willowsmama 03/17
heythere heather 03/19
Emmama 3/20
RacheePoo (Rachel) 3/20
PumpkinSeed 03/21
Phoebe 03/21
Oceanone 03/22
thyme 03/22
kirstie 03/23
embalene 03/24
BathrobeGoddess 03/25
mamaMAMAma 03/26
PinkSunfish 03/28
indigolilybear 03/28
CherylE 03/25- Megan and Maribeth born 2/2/04
moom 03/31

Here's a link to the last page of January's thread. I hope I'm doing this right.

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...30#post1061630

R~mama to 3

#2 of 343 Old 02-01-2004, 06:02 PM

Thanks DNR for posting a new one. It'll probably be a big job for you, because we're sure to have a few babies born this month. I wonder who will be next!

I guessed bebeluna or boobiemama, I think, but I didn't guess our surprise contestant Christen would be the first to the finish line (which is actually more of the start line, if you think about it!).

So, I'll say that Boobiemama will be the next one to give birth.

May our backs feel good, our babies lay LOA and our sleep be uninterupted!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#3 of 343 Old 02-01-2004, 07:27 PM

Just wanted to sign up for the new thread.
Thats so exciting, the first March baby was born! Congrats!!

I keep over analyzing every little thing I feel. I know I need to stop or it will drive me crazy.

Contrax are getting stronger, i have them pretty much all day long. Such a change from my last pregnancy. Hope it means something good!!

And no, my back is not feeling good, and my sleep in very interupted!! LOL
#4 of 343 Old 02-01-2004, 08:43 PM

I'm confused, who's Christen? Maybe I have pregnancy brain, or it could be the fact that I'm really bad with names but I have no idea who we are talking about.:

DNR, nice job on starting the new thread. I just came to do that and you saved me a bit of time.

Now, off to watch the Superbowl.
#5 of 343 Old 02-01-2004, 09:35 PM

Jish, Christen wasn't on our roll call, but she had checked in a few times. She posted on the Jan edition of our March mamas that she gave birth 6 weeks early to a healthy preemie. Her screen name is Christen if that helps. Ahh, pregnancy brain -- it's so popular these days!

Boobiemama -- would it help if I take back my bet on your going first? Just let me know & I'll point my finger somewhere else! It would be tough to think every twinge is labor. Just remember me and my BH that go from 6 mins apart gaining frequency all the way to 2 minutes apart lasting for a minute .... BUT IT MEANS NOTHING! We should have a mantra -- "It's not labor unless we're pushing!" How's that? Let's get T-shirts made, ok?

Oh, here's my latest pregnancy picture taken at 32 weeks. I'll be 34 weeks in 4 hours. I've grown since this picture, but what's new!?! http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/iblog...145/index.html

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#6 of 343 Old 02-01-2004, 10:32 PM

No, I'm not thinking every little twinge is labor, I am just hoping all these contrax are doing something good in there! And that it will be less work I have to do later! LOL
#7 of 343 Old 02-01-2004, 11:07 PM

Wow it's February already!!
I've been getting those BH's quite a bit as well.. mostly at night. Last night I was having them about every 5 minutes for a couple hours.

Yesterday we had a birthday party for Talin (he just turned 3). It was quite cute and simple, just a few kids, some cake, presents... grandma, grandpa, great grandma, aunt, etc...

Today I packed a bunch. After taking down all the pictures and artwork from the walls, they look so bare!

This will be such a busy month~ selling my house, packing, moving, my birthday... and who knows, maybe giving birth!

Anyone else here having a water birth????
#8 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Now I have some time to post. I can't believe it's already February. I spent all day yesterday telling dh, hey can you believe tomorrow is February? and he would reply, Yes, and so is Monday. I'm 34 weeks already. When did that happen?

Bebe Luna- I'm having a water birth. Dd was born in a tub, which I never expected to use, but had just in case. Once I got in, I wasn't getting out. This time, I'm planning on the water, and one of the few things that is calming to me during this pregnancy is taking baths. Although with our only partially-done bathroom, I don't even get to be alone then. There is no door on the bathroom and dd runs in and out, dumping water on me. Somehow, I've managed to find it relaxing nonetheless.

Jish- have you written your doula certification paper yet? You did DONA training, right? I just can't finish it and it's making me crazy. Have you done any births? I haven't heard about it for a while. I actually had dh talked into writing the conclusion for me, but it sounded drastically different from the rest of the paper, so I tossed it.

Claire- that picture is beautiful. I wish I had the guts to take pictures. In theory, I'd love to get some nude shots, but don't think that will happen. I don't like getting my picture taken while I'm pregnant, and then last time, in labor, I started feeling really guilty that I hadn't taken any pictures the whole pregnancy, so dh pulls out the camera and got a few of me, but I want some this time before I go into labor.

And I hadn't even thought about the fact that by starting the board, I would take on "updating responsibilities". Oh my, that will be a lot of work, but I think I'm up to the task.

I'm getting a little weird about my due date. If you remember, according to my period, my due date was 3/20, then I was measuring big and got talked into an ultrasound and they changed my due date to 3/12. So which one do I believe? I was fairly certain about my dates; I took a pregnancy test on Sunday that was negative and it was positive on Tuesday, so that seems to back up my period date, but who knows. I mean if I go into labor March 1st, is my baby premature? Should I be in a hospital? Likewise, what if I don't show any signs of impending labor (I've already decided not to get vag. checks this time anyway) and the 20th comes and goes. Any advice? I am going to talk to my midwife about this at our next appt, next monday.

R~mama to 3

#9 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 12:37 AM

Rebecca, please add me to the list. My edd is 3/20.

I think I've stressed the baby out bigtime from screaming for the last 4 hours...but at least the game is over now and it was actually worth watching!

Have a good week everyone, off to bounce on my birth ball.

Rachel
#10 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 12:44 AM

Ahh, February! Some of us will have new babies this month!!!!

Well, I am no longer really concerned about the baby being transverse when the time comes. It has spent a lot of time in the vertex position today, so I know it can do it! I've been trying to squat whenever I feel that little fanny up high.

I am really encouraged, though, by the fact that I have suddenly started having BH ctx...finally! I had several yesterday and have been having them off and on all day today. So I really do think it was the way the baby has been lying that was not signaling my body to have ctx, if that makes sense. BTW, can you guys tell I LIKE having BHs? They make me feel like something is happening. I don't think I have them quite as intensely as some of you. But don't worry, I am sure that I will more than make up for it in labor!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#11 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 11:49 AM

dnr, it wasn't me doing the DONA training. I just don't have that much time in my life right now.:

Also, as far as your due dates go, remember that even if your baby is born at 36 or 37 weeks, it isn't considered "premature" but rather "pre-term." Babies typically aren't considered to be premature unless they are born before 35 weeks. Pre term babies typically fare much better than premature babes. Once you hit 35 weeks in my ob practice they don't try to stop labor if you go early. For me, I typically don't get a positive pregnancy test until about 14 days past ovulation so it is pretty easy for me to pinpoint my conception and date my pregnancy from there. Although some women may get an earlier positive with a very sensitive test, most will get one roughly the time their period would start which is roughly 14 days after conception. I'd tend to use your pregnancy test as a guide. Of course, I tend to believe that babies come when they are ready, despite all the dates we are given by "professionals.":

My ds doesn't have school today due to a big ice and snow storm. They are already driving me crazy and it isn't even 9:00am yet. Oh, my...
#12 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for the confusion- maybe it was Jster, I was so sure it was a J name. Can I still blame it on the hormones?

I'm not too worried about a preemie baby, I'm just unsure about my dates and while in the beginning an 8 day spread didn't seem that drastic, all of a sudden it does now.

Rachel- I added you to the roll call. I couldn't remember your date earlier or I would have done it then

We have soooo much snow! I think it might be warm enough to venture out to see the ice palace tonight. I think I saw that it would be about 20 degrees today! Aaaahhhh, a warm spell. Yesterday dh said, You know you've started to understand Minnesota weather when it snows and you think, well at least now it'll warm up.

R~mama to 3

#13 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 01:31 PM

Beautiful picture Claire, thanks for sharing. My camera is broken so no pictures here, though I'm not too sad since my hips and butt got pregnant too, big time! So frustrating since I was looking so good before I got pregnant. Oh well, after baby is born maybe it will finally warm up a bit here and we can take long walks to the park.
I am back to not knowing where the heck we will end up in the next month or two, since none of the jobs Dh had applied for came through. I'm a little pissed because I told him if he thought we might need to move out of state to please get on with it becasue I didn't want to be moving in March. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!
I'm a wee bit testy these days. I'd better end this post before all my temper comes ooozing out.
#14 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 01:58 PM

Hey artemesia,
I totally feel your frustration! We have to move 2 x in the next 2 months!! We are moving into my aunts house (2 blocks away) in less than 2 weeks, then again into a new house end of March...The timing is so bad! We are supposed to have a nice relaxed little nest to bring our new baby to and just relax....

dnr~ how are ya liking all this snow??? crazy isn't it! my dh is from Florida and this is the most snow he has ever seen. It's funny that he took a job plowing this winter, because he is such an island beach boy.
I think I have over a foot of snow on our deck right now! I haven't left the house for 3 days.

Claire~ that is a gorgeous picture!! Thanks for sharing it.

I had a water birth w/ Talin and just loved it. I had a lot of back pain/ back labor from him being posterior and the warm water was all that helped.
I will have this baby underwater as well.

dnr~ did you have your last one underwater or did you just labor in the bath? If you did have the baby in the water, did you notice her being especially relaxed when born?
ds was, and I remember my midwife saying that was very common when a baby is born in the water.
where are you having this baby??

My energy is just plummeting lately! I do some work and then want a nap or a bath...
#15 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 02:13 PM

Hi all! It's been a while since I've posted on the March Mama's thread. Yes indeed it is February. I can't believe that I actually feel like I am prepared! Dh and I have done really well at collecting what we need...maybe it's partially paranoia!

Bebeluna and dnr-there must be something about the Twin Cities and water birth...I'm having one too! We went to Menards over the weekend to try and create some system of hoses that'll be nontoxic and not leak all over my wood floors. This is Dh's big job for the birth. We need to do a test run of the pool because from what I hear I will be living in that pool during labor.
Gotta love this snow!!! I'm glad it's 20 now and not -20!! Dnr, I'm from Texas and my husband says the same thing to me when I start saying that 15 degrees feels good!

I feel pretty good and I really have no complaints. I wake up almost every hour throughout the night but it doesn't bother me much. I feel like it's training for when baby gets here. I'm not really all that uncomfortable either. My back gets a little sore at the end of the day and if I stand on my feet for a couple of hours my stomach gets sore and starts to feel like baby is gonna fall out! This is my first baby and I'm so excited to experience labor and to meet my child of course! I can't believe it'll be here in about 6 weeks. My only worry is that I will be taken by surprise at how intense the "sensations" of labor are. I know I will be shocked. I just hope I can keep my wits about me and stay home. Otherwise it's the emergency room and that sounds like no fun...

Good luck everybody!!

Amy

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
#16 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 02:43 PM

Wow, Christen! Huge congratulations to you and your family. Please let us know how you and Frankie are doing when you get the chance.

Holy cow! I can't believe I'm having a baby next month. And like you guys said, some of us this month. This has all come up so quickly and I don't feel ready yet. But I'm so excited anyway.

Claire, thanks for the gorgeous photo. What a wonderful picture to have and look at when you are old and grey.

Bebe Luna and Artemesia, sorry you have to move right now. I hope it's not too stressful for you guys. I have done my fair share of moving and, well, I hate it.

I have been doing lots of nesting lately too. We haven't been home for a great deal of my pregnancy (travelling for dh's work) and have a looong list of stuff to do. We managed to clean out lots of clutter, get the new, bigger co-sleeping area ready, order a decent change table, buy and wash a whole lot of tiny prefolds and basically take stock. We are finally getting there. I just have to brave the boxes in the basement rummaging for baby clothes and other items.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#17 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 03:18 PM

Wow, February....

Rebecca, could you add me to the list please? edd 3/20

I don't know if it is just me but I am freaking out with this preg! ! I feel like I am watching my life fly by me and I can't catch up. I have never felt this way before and it is really scary. It started during the holidays and has not started. I still have stuff to get for the baby and Feb is a short month.

In some ways I feel like I am a first time mom b/c this is the first babe I will cd. Believe me, I WISH I knew that it was still an option but I was just told to use sposies so I did. I still need to buy my stash!

I also have already dropped and it feels like the head is RIGHT THERE, kwim, so not only is it hard to walk, bend, sleep.....I can't sit down either!

I LOVE holding and nursing the baby after the birth but I have to say, I really do not take pregnancy well.

Anyway I will lay back down with my cup o' Pregnancy Tea...

Emily

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#18 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 04:57 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone Sounds like we are all ready to meet our new little ones I know I am! Congrats to Christen, so wonderful that things turned out so well after what was probably a pretty scary situation going into labor so early!

Well I am 34 weeks tomorrow and my "official" due date is March 15th but for some reason I can not get the 8th out of my head. I have dreamt about it and the other day I opened the calander and showed DS and asked "when is mama going to have the baby?" and he pointed to the 8th!!! How random is that?

I really don't have anything ready for this little one, besides a car seat and my breasts:LOL I am waiting on washing clothing until we get DS a dresser for his room then we will move the changing table into the babies room.

My energy has been dropping a lot also, I look forward to Friday-Sunday when I am not working and can nap when DS does.

I wish everyone a peaceful and loving birth if I do not post again before all the March babies start to grace us with their presence. (I'm great at keeping up with posts but not so great at posting: )
#19 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

BebeLuna- I gave birth in the tub as well. I think I was in the tub for about 2 hours altogether, but I spent some time in the shower before that as well. My pushing stage was only about 20 mintes and she was born face up, looking right at me. She was immediately calm. I was actually a little concerned because I didn't realize that babies could be so mellow at birth, I asked my mom if she shouldn't be crying and she said, if you want her to cry, I can make her cry and rubbed her back a bit and she let out one yelp and that made me feel better. This time I won't be as freaked out with a mellow baby. I gave birth at home, in the room that was to be the baby's room, but is really a storage/changing room. There's a crib in there that was the biggest waste of money ever. If I had known then what I know now, I would skip buying a crib and just buy a fancy dresser/changing table instead. I'm having this baby in the same room, at least that's where we're setting everything up, but if I really don't want to be in there, oh well.

And, I'm loving this snow, even though it means I had to cancel my oil change today. I don't know htat I could get out. Luckily I have a neighbor who is also home and his kid and dd get along really well, so we went over there and I got out of the house. It took us a good five minutes to walk the two houses though, due to my pregnant gait and the snow being waist high on dd. When we got there, they played in the snow for a few minutes and at one point I bent over to help dd get up and POP! there goes my zipper. I have to put a new zipper on my jacket. Bummer.

I just realized I should get out some clothes for this babe. I have them all put away still. Yikes, so much I keep saying "has to be done before the baby gets here." It keep piling up.

R~mama to 3

#20 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 06:39 PM

I'm planning a waterbirth too, at a freestanding birth center.
Tomorrow i have my appt, so I plan to talk to the nurse there who is in charge of the place and ask about any weird policies they have.

Its a freestanding birth center, but drs do the deliveries, and nurse pretty much take care of you during labor. When I asked the dr a question, he said to talk to the nurse about it, so it sounds just like the hospital, where you wont see your dr till the very end. But I dont mind. All the nurses I've met there seem really nice, and really supportive of natural birth. The only pain med they have available there is Stadol, and from what I hear most moms go completely natural.

I just realized... I have a BABY in me, and it is gonna have to come out somehow!! I am trying not to let these little fears creep into my head. It just dawned on me, that this baby is about 6 lbs already, its an actual baby and anytime it could want to come out! Yikes!!
#21 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 08:14 PM

Hey There,

My little boy is due March 5th.
Hope all is well with all You march Mamas.

Much love
#22 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 09:15 PM

Rebecca could you please add me to the list of March Moms. I am due on March 5th. Looks like a popular day.

I can really relate to all the folks who are moving. My DH and I were going to be moving yesterday :-( But luckily for me the house feel through. Now I am just trying to work on the baby’s room and get the bags packed for the trip to the Birth Home. I have a big baby shower this Sunday, so I am hoping I will get all that I need. It can be a bit overwhelming the amount of supplies and goodies you think you need. I have been really trying to focus on keeping it simple.

Right now my DH and I only have one car. I have been using the company van for my transportation. So, this weekend we are going out to find something for Baby and me.

Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. I have been trying to walk as much as I can—but lately it has been so cold and rainy. Talk to everyone soon.
#23 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boobiemama

I just realized... I have a BABY in me, and it is gonna have to come out somehow!! I am trying not to let these little fears creep into my head. It just dawned on me, that this baby is about 6 lbs already, its an actual baby and anytime it could want to come out! Yikes!!
Angie! That is EXACTLY how I am feeling!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#24 of 343 Old 02-02-2004, 10:45 PM

Happy Groundhog's day!

Dh, dd and I went snowboarding (well not me, I did homework ). Dd is turing nine tomorrow I can't believe it. I feel like she was just born and now she is talking about what shirt matches which pants. She is such a young women now.

I am having lots of BH and I only have 6 weeks until I am leave work but I am hoping that this babe is born before his due date...I am so done being pregnant!!!!!! I am in pain and I am so tired...but I do have everything ready for the baby ready except that he is still unnamed: .

Well, I have to unpack...

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#25 of 343 Old 02-03-2004, 12:36 AM

Wow, I go away for 2 days and look what happens! I think I just posted, and thought everything was quiet, but then discovered the new February thread.

I am so glad I'm not moving like some of you! Wow, that would be a lot to handle.

Welcome, to more newcomers! Emmama, this is the first baby that I'll cd from birth as well (although I've switched ds over). I am having lots of fun getting my "stash" together.

I'm not planning to labor or birth in a tub, but I imagine I'll spend some time in the shower if need be. I did that with dd and it was heavenly. Ds came so quickly, I didn't have time to even think about the tub or shower. I'm actually hoping this one comes that quickly, too. A tub sounds soooo nice, though.

I thought we finally have a name picked. . then all of a sudden tonight dh wants to get the baby name book out! men!! Anyway, we're close and it's fun to be thinking about it.

My BH seem to have totally stopped. But, I never felt them at all with dd and only a little with ds, so I feel OK that I'm not feeling them much now. They were just so strong a couple weeks back. I really like the feeling, and hope they come back!

I've had a few baby/labor/birth dreams over the past few nights, but now can't recall the details.

rebecca, we're in a similar situation as far as due dates. LMP charts put me at 03.21, but the u/s put me at 03.15. At first, I even thought the date would be more like 03.25 or 26 (due to my usually LONG cycles) but I'm kind of going with the 15th. And hoping for earlier! (assuming baby is ready, of course). I'm measuring right on for the 15th. My dd was 6 days "early" and ds was 5 days "late" for whatever that is worth (not much, I know).

Claire, the photo is absolutley stunning! It could be a magazine cover!

I'm so excited to start hearing the birth announcements!

namaste.gif

#26 of 343 Old 02-03-2004, 12:52 PM

hello all- so sorry i've not written- i have checked-in and read your entries but just felt not up to communicating- i have been pretty depressed about having to have another c-section due to this low-lying placenta- also, worried about having bled and enabling bacteria to get up there- yuck, thus has to have been one of the most uncertain, uncomfortable times in my life- for those of you blessed with healthy preg. remember to be grateful! (i did have one of those w/my dd)
also having trouble dealing w/ my dd spending so much time with babysitter- babysitter is great but overly tolerant and completely lacking in imagination- they rarely do interesting things together that i don't set-up- anyway, i know it is temporary but i miss my dd and wish we could enjoy each other more- she is almost three and a very exciting person to me!!
oh, i am enormous- i have gained 34 lbs. and since i am carrying so low i really feel it- i think i can feel her head by pressing on my vulva(?) area- anyone else have that experience?sometimes i become so uncomfortable if she is lying in certain positions- interesting how much i feel her as compared to my dd-
ok all- will write more soon- keep up all the good gestating- can't wait to read birth stories...
#27 of 343 Old 02-03-2004, 12:59 PM

Well Spark, my baby has overheard your LOA chants. It's been headdown for awhile, we were just trying to turn it butt out. I saw the mw friday. When i see the OB today, i guess i should explain how the baby is lying since at last visit he was clueless. I pray that i don't have to use him for a backup!

I haven't really gotten much ready for the baby (i am preparing more for the delivery). I never needed much for my other two. I have a stash of boy baby clothes and i did pick out some gender nuetral clothes to hang up in the closet for the baby. If it's a girl, then clothes will be the only thing to worry about. My dh suggested that i wash all the white baby clothes with some red shirts if the baby is a girl. That would be our pink clothes. I like his way of thinking!!

Mw was very satisfied with my hydration (specific gravity of the urine). All the other moms she's been seeing are dehydrated. I told her it's easy to get dehydrated in the winter.

I'm envious of the mom's who are enjoying the snow. I miss snow (i lived in the UP for several years). I really miss the snow!

Happy gestating, and to the new mama...happy nursing!
#28 of 343 Old 02-04-2004, 09:52 AM

Hi ladies! I know I haven't posted much, but here's my update.

I'm 35 weeks and feeling great still. I don't think this one's coming anytime soon - which is a good thing. I have SO much I need to do before little Baby Z gets here! I still need to get all our homebirth supplies together, wash clothes, sew some more newborn diapers/cloth pads, finish re-doing the bathroom, etc. NEST, NEST, NEST. Now if only I had the energy to go along with all my big plans! LOL!

We're planning a water birth at home too (hence the need to re-decorate the bathroom quickly!). I labored in the tub with my first, and it was heavenly.

I'm still working on my DONA cert, but it's been kinda slow-going. I have a friend who's due next week, and also having a homebirth with the same midwife I'm using. I told her she's more than welcome to call me when she's in labor.

We're haivng pregnacy photos done tomorrow, and I'm thrilled about it. I wish I had some done with my first pregnancy. And next week, I'm doing a belly cast.

Nursing my toddler is still going well. I'm a little nervous about how nighttime tandem nursing will go, but I have several friends here who have done it before or are currently tandem nursing.

Hope everyone enjoys the last few weeks of pregnancy here, and has wonderful, joyous births!!!
#29 of 343 Old 02-04-2004, 09:58 AM

Hi March Mamas! I just wanted to share with you that I moved suddenly last week to Florida, and am now settling in. I had been planning on moving late this week but the stress of the move hanging over my head and some bad interactions with DH got me as close to a nervous breakdown as I've ever gotton. It was pretty bad, and I hope to never have to go through that again. But my sisters drove up to rescue me, and it was so wonderful to have their support as we packed things as quickly as we could. I didn't tell DH we left until we were already well on the road, and he experienced his first hysterical episode from this whole awful mess of a break-up. I feel very sorry for him, but sorrier still that his immaturity put me in a position to have to act so drastically.

Now I'm at my mom's, and while things aren't perfect it is nice to feel safe. I've applied for medicaid, and they'll pay for a homebirth which is awesome (and actually better than our HMO back in WI). Now I just have to find a midwife and doula...

Peri is settling in all right and adjusting as well as can be expected. She doesn't ask about her dad much but I know she feels the loss because she talks about dads/families in general all the time. I hope that her dad takes responsibility and becomes a real father to her one day.

Last thing...I think I've got names picked out!! Orion Roger (Roger was my grandpa's name) for a boy and Suwannee ? for a girl. What do you all think? I need a good girl middle name, so any suggestions would be appreciated! I also realized that Peri's name and the boy name both have in each name (the child will have a hyphenated last name) but Suwannee doesn't...

Christen, congrats on your baby's birth!
Gina, hope all is well and sorry that you need a c-section. But at least you can be a bit assured that, in the case of placenta previa, it really is for the baby's health...and hopefully at the end of all this difficult pregnancy you'll have a wonderfully healthy child!!
Cheryl, glad those babies are still cooking! You've done a great job!
Claire, love that belly shot! I showed it to Peri and she said, "Mom, that's you!" Guess we all have the look! I'm finally enjoying tons of comments from people because, well, I look huge

Happy gestating everyone!
#30 of 343 Old 02-04-2004, 10:15 AM

Jster, JEnnifer,

Welcome to all the new members! We have such a large group. Seems the summer was a busy time for us gals, wink wink.

So, everything going well here. I found a doula so I am very happy.

I just NEED MORE SLEEP, and less bathroom breaks, charlie horses, bx hx, husband snoring, etc.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page