Pregnant after Infertility Tribe - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 449 Old 12-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats CRM! Your pregnancy is flying by.......for me

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#362 of 449 Old 12-19-2009, 04:44 PM

congrats, crm!! what happy, exciting news!!

~ sarah
#363 of 449 Old 12-20-2009, 02:43 PM

Congrats CRM! Girls are wonderful.

I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It sucks, but I guess I should just be happy I am pregnant at all. I just hope everything is ok with the little one. It worries me.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#364 of 449 Old 12-22-2009, 01:55 AM

I've been MIA for a bit, but I wanted to check in and say Congratulations to Julia'sMom and I hope everyone is having wonderful, uneventful pregnancies!

AF returned a few days ago, which was very suprising since my dd nurses around the clock still. My only hope is that maybe pregnancy has regulated my cycles a bit (I have PCOS and didn't ovulate regularly on my own before getting pregnant). Being a part of the Infertility board was invaluable to me while TTC, but it would be incredible to not go through all of that again when we're ready for #2.

And because I'm so ridiculously in love with dd, I just have to share a picture.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#365 of 449 Old 12-22-2009, 04:59 PM

I don't belong here but I just had to say what an adorable little girl you have! She is precious!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#366 of 449 Old 12-22-2009, 05:01 PM

Congrats Libby- she's gorgeous!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#367 of 449 Old 12-22-2009, 05:10 PM

Congrats CRM!!!

Libby- She is adorable!!!!! I love that picture!

How is everyone else doing? I'm hanging in there! 37 weeks today!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#368 of 449 Old 12-22-2009, 05:46 PM

Mandie - 37 weeks!! Good for you! How are you feeling?

Libby - your DD is so sweet.

Me - almost 33 weeks, and hanging in there. Definitely slowing down, beginning to prepare birth supplies, etc. Once the distraction of the holidays is over, I'll be nesting in earnest.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#369 of 449 Old 12-23-2009, 03:27 AM

Libby, she is so cute!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#370 of 449 Old 12-23-2009, 03:09 PM

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to see pictures of all of the adorable little ones that you ladies are cooking!

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#371 of 449 Old 12-24-2009, 11:50 AM

Libby: That is one adorable daughter you have!!!

Happy Holidays to everyone. I hope the Holidays feel extra special to everyone on this board! You've come a long way ladies!!!! Enjoy!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#372 of 449 Old 12-24-2009, 01:29 PM

CRM - Congrats on the girl!

LIbby - She's adorable!

Nummies - COngrats on making it to 37 weeks! THat is awesome!

Sri Rahda - SOrry about the G.D. diagnosis. Hopefully you'll keep it under control and still have a beautiful birth and baby.

AFM - Sarah gave me a great CHristmas present. SHe has now gone over 24 hours without a bottle, only receiving the best food ever straight from the source. : Benjamin is still getting weekly weight checks as he's not gaining very well at all. He's still almost completely bottle fed, but my supply is almost enough to cover all of his bottles. By the new year I hope to be done with formula forever and hopefully will sooon be nursing him as well. Oh, and I've lost 50 pounds since my last ob appt. : It's marvelous to not be that pregnant. Tee hee hee.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#373 of 449 Old 12-29-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Everybody!!! How'd we all do over the holidays? Well, we still have New Years, but I doubt many of us will be whooping it up into the wee hours, for me it will be bed early as usual. Thanks everyone for the girl congratulations, I am still processing a bit (I was so, so sure it was a boy). And starting to think I should probably do some organizing and shopping for the few things we will need, cause holy cow, I'm 24 weeks!! The holidays were good for a distraction, that snuck up on me!

Juliasmom - so glad Sarah is nursing well, I hope by now Benjamin is catching up. Yay!!!! for a good supply!!! I also hope you are getting some sleep!!!!

Perdita and Nummies, both getting so close!! I am so glad for you getting this far with twins, Nummies, we'll be looking for your update soon.

Cutie girl, thanks for sharing LibbyLou!!

Sri Rahda, I hope you are doing alright. GD is a big pain. I know what you mean, like because we are so happy to finally be pg we should never complain or don't have the right to complain. But on the other hand, I sort of feel like I went through so much to get here, it should all be smooth sailing. I wish it was for you too. Take good care and let us know how you're doing.

I hope things are going well for you abeecharmer. I'm still stalking your blog, hope the trip home was better and the visit was worth it all.

take care folks and Happy 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#374 of 449 Old 12-29-2009, 03:39 PM

Can I join in here? I'm 5 weeks pregnant from our first IVF after 3.5 years of trying! So excited but still in a lot of shock. I don't think I ever thought it would happen to me!

A question for those of you who went through IVF: how much monitoring did your RE do in the first trimester? My RE wants to do weekly ultrasounds, which I think is excessive! I've read a bit about some problems linked to ultrasounds so it concerns me quite a bit. What did your RE do, or did they refer you to an OB/midwife straight away?

First babe due Summer 2010! IVF babe after 3.5 years TTC
#375 of 449 Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

hi JoyfulLioness, congratulations!!!!! You are most welcome here! I've been stalking the Fall IVF board and was very happy to hear your news.

My RE just did two betas (one week apart to confirm that the numbers were rising appropriately), then one obstetrical ultrasound at 7 weeks to confirm the heartbeat (and see if there were one or two in there, since we always transferred 2 or 3 embryos) and that was it, I was off to find a midwife or OB. Weekly u/s's seem excessive to me too, did he explain why? You can always refuse them, don't forget. If something were to go wrong (God forbid), you would just find out a bit later, but avoiding u/s's makes sense to me.

#376 of 449 Old 12-31-2009, 12:03 AM

#377 of 449 Old 01-01-2010, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Happy New Year, mamas!!!!

Well, I'm off to bed now...

#378 of 449 Old 01-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulLioness View Post
Can I join in here? I'm 5 weeks pregnant from our first IVF after 3.5 years of trying! So excited but still in a lot of shock. I don't think I ever thought it would happen to me!

A question for those of you who went through IVF: how much monitoring did your RE do in the first trimester? My RE wants to do weekly ultrasounds, which I think is excessive! I've read a bit about some problems linked to ultrasounds so it concerns me quite a bit. What did your RE do, or did they refer you to an OB/midwife straight away?
I'll start with my story since this is my first time in this thread:
Since I have been in the infertility threads until my recent confirmation of pregnancy, I thought I'd join. I do not get my own periods and have been diagnosed with PCOS. I concieved on injectables and IUI.

Last week, I had a blood test 12/20 and another 12/22 both showed increasing HCG and confirmed pregnancy. i went this week at 5.5 weeks for an ultrasound to check that implantation occurred properly. It did and there were two viable sacs. TWINS! I am shocked and excited at the same time. i knew with fertility meds it was possible but still makes you shocked.

My RE is doing another ultrasound next week at 6.5 weeks to see the heartbeat of baby A and baby B.

It sounds like my RE will monitor me weekly as well for awhile before releasign me to my OB. They did say if I couldnt make ti every week i could go every other or as to be released to my OB early. I would talk to you RE, and ask about options. I was told to see my ob at 10 weeks.
#379 of 449 Old 01-01-2010, 10:18 PM

WELCOME Joyful Lioness and NYteacher! I'm so happy to see you join us!
I don't think we've had a new member since I got preg about 4.5 mths ago, so I'm thrilled to see you find success! Best of luck with your pregnancies.

NyTeacher, Twins! Wow! Amazing to go from trying so hard to having two, I would imagine. We have two twins ladies here, one gave birth not too long ago and the other is any day now.

CRM, Congrats on news of your little girl! Two girls sounds so lovely. I love sisters.

J's Mom, I hope the twin management and feedings are progressing nicely! I think of you so often! I know you're super busy but know we wish you all the best, day by day!

Yikes Sarah! What a traveling tribulation. What a hero for enduring that, and inlaws to boot. I had an exhausting inlaw visit and it was so blissful to get home.

Who's getting close? Perdita, Nummies, Sri? Lots of love to you all.

I'm having the big u/s on Tuesday and a bit nervous about it. We haven't seen the little one since 8.5 wks and I haven't been able to feel movement yet. We have heard movement on the doppler though, flips and lots of activity. My belly is really hard. I had pretty strong ab muscles, so I'm thinking maybe that has something to do with it.

A very happy blessed new year to everyone here.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#380 of 449 Old 01-03-2010, 04:31 AM

Anyone know if women over 40 have any luck with their own frozen embryos?

#381 of 449 Old 01-04-2010, 10:33 AM

Welcome to the new ladies!

Poet- I am so excited for your u/s!!

Pookie- I haven't heard any stats on that. I imagine though that they would be similar to anyone younger with frozen embies because the age of the egg has stayed the same. I'm not sure though.

How is everyone else doing? I am ok. 39 weeks tomorrow! I'm so ready for them to be here though.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#382 of 449 Old 01-04-2010, 03:56 PM

My RE just did two OB u/s's - one at six weeks to confirm the pregnancy and one at eight weeks to make sure everything was still going ok; then she released me to ob care, which in my case was a midwife.

#383 of 449 Old 01-06-2010, 12:02 AM

Just thought I"d let you ladies know I"m still lurking along.

Welcome to the newly pregnant!! It's so wonderful when this group increases. : :Joy:

Nummies - You are my hero, 39 weeks. Bless you girl. It will be worth it.

Pookie - How brave you are. I agree that I think the age of the eggs is more important than the age of the Mom.

CRM - :

AFM, still struggling with the feeding. Sarah lost weight soley on the breast, so she is back to minimal supplementation with the bottle. Bengjamin has just started to nurse, at 1 month of age. HOwever, he still takes the majority of feedings from teh bottle. Pumping is not keeping up so I"m struggling with nursing two, bottle feeding two, pumping and making formula. Crazy times. We're giving it to 8 weeks, then the pumping has to go. It's just too much. Pray my supply increases and Benjamin and Sarah really start to gain weight and strength. Twins are a blessing, as I remind myself everyday when I wish I only had one to deal with.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#384 of 449 Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post

CRM, Congrats on news of your little girl! Two girls sounds so lovely. I love sisters.

I'm having the big u/s on Tuesday and a bit nervous about it. We haven't seen the little one since 8.5 wks and I haven't been able to feel movement yet. We have heard movement on the doppler though, flips and lots of activity. My belly is really hard. I had pretty strong ab muscles, so I'm thinking maybe that has something to do with it.
Thanks, the two girls thing is sinking in and I'm feeling okay about it. Not to be ungrateful, but this means I'll never have a son, which I always expected to. Weird how our expectations set us up.

So it's Tuesday and I was thinking of you. Hope it went well and you got lots of great pictures!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Anyone know if women over 40 have any luck with their own frozen embryos?
No idea on the stats, but I know where you're coming from. As soon as DD was born I was wondering "when can we do this again?". Enjoy your babe!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post

How is everyone else doing? I am ok. 39 weeks tomorrow! I'm so ready for them to be here though.
I sooooo thought your post was going to be a baby update! Congrats on making it this far, we'll be thinking of you and waiting for a baby update with bated breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post

CRM - :

..... Pray my supply increases and Benjamin and Sarah really start to gain weight and strength. Twins are a blessing, as I remind myself everyday when I wish I only had one to deal with.
Thanks, backatcha! for increased supply. You are doing great and giving those babies such a gift. I have seen a friend go through the drama with breastfeeding twins, I hope you are getting lots and lots of support (in real life, I mean). Let everyone from your church, playgroups, family, neighbours, whatever help you in any way they can (and damn the dirty floor). You are doing such an important thing right now!!! Here's also wishing you a good LC or LLL leader, the right herbs? medication? for increasing your supply.

AFM, feeling fine, baby kicks me in the cervix and bowels a lot, which is weird. Less than three months left of work, can't wait!!!!

#385 of 449 Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Bumping.
I feel huge today, how are you all?

Nummies? Update???

#386 of 449 Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Bumping.
I feel huge today, how are you all?

Nummies? Update???
Feeling huge too. As of this week I had to start sitting down to put on pants, and I think I'm going to need help with getting on socks and shoes soon.... I'm not ready for this just yet!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#387 of 449 Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 PM

Just a drive-by to say...very healthy looking BOY for us!
I knew this really. DH has practically all fast swimmers.
The a-ok normal stamp put us over the moon. IF prepped me to always expect the other show to drop, to never feel 100% safe. I feel much better after our lovely peek in.

More later, and lots of

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#388 of 449 Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 PM

Poet - Yeah for boy! and double yeah for healthy! :Joy: :

CRM - My DD1 LOVES her sister. I definately see the advantage to that bond. As for her brother...well...she could take or leave him.

Nummies - I"m dying to get some news here. Here's to hoping your busy babymooning. :Love

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#389 of 449 Old 01-14-2010, 05:15 PM

Hello everyone!!!

Poet: Boys are fabulous....if I do say so myself

Benjamin is doing well. He's three months next week! Crazy how time has flown. I'm including a recent picture of him. Next week I start my internship and a little worried about how he is going to do. Well, actually more worried how I am going to do away from him.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n/DSC02401.jpg

#390 of 449 Old 01-16-2010, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Grrrrr. Okay, here's a new topic. Guilt for feeling blue/bitchy/overwhelmed. As you all know, I wanted nothing more than to get pregnant again and have one more child. Today especially I am so blah and cranky, hating my job, feeling bogged down by the housework that I'm NOT doing and letting my kid watch way too much TV. Still. And kicking myself because I should be "so happy" every second of the day (this is the start of the third trimester aches and pains for me as well). Also worried about getting PPD (cause I think I had it to some degree after DD). Help!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page