Pregnant after Infertility Tribe - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 449 Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Doing good here too I'll be 37 wks on Thursday, but we got the green light from the midwives to have our birth center birth at our appointment last week so we're getting pretty antsy here with the wait

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#422 of 449 Old 04-13-2010, 06:27 PM

CRM and Jelinifer! I can't believe you're in the home stretch! I remember when we were on the Infertility board together. I would be 38 wks if I hadn't miscarried in September, and that blows my mind! I'm 24 weeks along now and doing great with this little girl. I'm definitely still in the golden days of the 2nd trimester because I'll often forget that I'm pregnant until I realize that I can't fit my body through a narrow opening I definitely look way more pregnant than I am.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#423 of 449 Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 AM

I'm so glad that this thread is up again. I'm here and surviving. The twins are now 4 months old (where did that time go?). We still struggle with my supply, but they are finally gaining decent weight.

I am crazy enough to wish to be pregnant again, with only one please. However, I think we too are done. I'm not crazy enough to do fertility treatment again.

Gotta go, babies are calling. . . again. . .

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#424 of 449 Old 04-18-2010, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

I so thought I would have had this baby by now!!!!!!!!!!!! It is 2 days til my actual EDD, but I was convinced I'd be a bit on the early side. Oh well.

Enjoy that second tri, AmyKT!

And let us know when you deliver Jelinifer.

So nice to "see" you Juliasmom, and glad to hear the weight gain is going a bit better. Wow, 4 months.

I have been missing the IF board group (but not the actual IF), so very glad this thread is active again, thanks gumby74. How are you doing?

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#425 of 449 Old 04-24-2010, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, so I really really wanted another baby, I loved being pregnant with dd and I sooooo wanted the chance to experience pregnancy again. So now, I am going to be pregnant forever. I am 40 weeks and 5 days, no contractions and so very very uncomfortable. I've got the seperated abdominal muscle thing, symphysis pubis disfunction (pubic bone out of alignment), gained 42 pounds and wake up at least 2-3 times per night. I went for an ultrasound to measure amniotic fluid and a non-stress test yesterday and all is well with the baby, but man oh man I am hurting. Feels like labour will never start.

How are you doing Jelinifer? Anyone else?

Keep up the good work, Juliasmom!!

#426 of 449 Old 04-24-2010, 05:54 PM

CRM: I sooo remember those anxious days! It's amazing how long every day went during that time and now Benjamin is six months old and it feels like it flew! We are doing well and he is growing and developing really well. I'm also having supply issues, which is new to me. I think I had over supply issues with DS1 and now to deal with under supply is really frustrating!
Best wishes to a happy and safe labor for everyone about to have their babies.....does anyone know how Poet is doing?????

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#427 of 449 Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 PM

stalking you CRM...how are you?

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#428 of 449 Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Best wishes to a happy and safe labor for everyone about to have their babies.....does anyone know how Poet is doing?????
Hi, I'm here! I've had a wonderful pregnancy. I still feel really good at 36 wks. Every day of this pregnancy has been a gift. I really mean that. I have loved this experience and I am so glad I got to have it. Feeling really protective of my little boy now and excited to meet him soon! Preparing for a natural birth, hopefully in the water. We'll see how it all goes...

I lost touch a little because at 29 weeks, we lost my DH's father very suddenly. It really was terrible. Loss and life all at once.

Nice to connect again. to all my friends here.

#429 of 449 Old 04-28-2010, 11:06 PM

CRM - Wondering where you are?? Hopefully babymooning. ..

Poet - I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's father. However, I"m glad you've thorougly enjoyed this pregnancy and hope you get the awesome birth you want. You definately deserve it.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#430 of 449 Old 04-29-2010, 10:31 AM

Hi everyone? Did I announce here? I can't even remember! Life has been fast since Will was born - Feb 12! Sounds like so long ago. It was a tedious pregnancy, but the birth and recovery were great. Will is very much like his sister - on the higher needs side but we've figured out his needs and settling into a routine. He's just about big enough for the Ergo now, which is my saving grace...

CRM - labour vibes, mama!

Poet - I can't believe how close to the end you are!

Hi to everyone - I've just been lurking on the Winter IVF thread, and feel so much for those mamas...

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#431 of 449 Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 AM

Hi all,
I tend to come and go from these forums...but I'm fast approaching the end of our pregnancy as well. Due date is only 2 weeks away! It has been a fabulous pregnancy and I am so thankful for these last 9 months. I can't believe how different life is compared to a year ago - facing mother's day, wondering if I would ever be a mother after a miscarriage post ivf, not able to bring myself to get cards/gifts for my mother or mother-in-law because of all that. And here we are a year later - looking forward to motherhood beginning only days/weeks past mother's day.
Still feeling great, although starting to get more loosening in the pelvis, which makes getting stuff done a bit tougher. Still sleeping pretty good. We're planning to stay home for the birth, planning a waterbirth.

congrats to all you new mothers!!! and sending great birthing vibes to those who are fast approaching motherhood.

married to DH, mother to two amazing little boys born May 18/2010 and May 20/2013!

Infertility has been part of this journey - no more littles for us, but so grateful we have two happy healthy boys and we can now begin to heal from that experience

#432 of 449 Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 PM

CRM: I thought for sure I would come back here and see you posted that you had your baby........ok, I will be quiet now.......you are probably tired of people saying that

Poet: I hope you and DH are doing well dealing with the loss of his father. Did it help having the baby to also focus on??? Ugghhh sorry again. I am so happy to hear though that the pregnancy has treated you so kindly. I think you deserve it after all the chaos you went through to get pregnant. When my Benjamin was born I made the remark to a professor of mine that I am thankful he is so calm. She said to me that someone was watching out for me and knew I needed calm in my life. I completely agree and I would like to think that is part of the reason you have been able to enjoy your pregnancy as much as you have. As a side note.....did you do acupuncture while pg?

Fullof hope: I hope your labor goes well and that you are able to enjoy it as much as possible. Eventhough I ended up with 2 c-sections, I tried to absorb every minute of the entire experience.....I don't ever want to forget even a minute of how my children were finally able to be placed into my arms.

Perdita: Congrats on your little boy. I'm thrilled to know the Ergo works for you.....I could only wish we would have been able to use it with both of our sons. I think it was user error

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#433 of 449 Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 PM

Hmmm, any word on CRM???

Perdita, I don't know if you announced or we went and stalked you on your ddc, but heartiest CONGRATULATIONS, Mama! for you for figuring out your little one's needs and recovering well from birth. Great to hear from you!

FullofHope, I agreed with so much of what you posted. It is something else to really feel what a different place this Mother's Day we are in from past yrs. I hope your last weeks are sweet and you have a lovely birth!

J's Mom, Hi! How are the twins? Thanks so much for your condolences and good wishes. I feel really positive about the birth.

Gumby, I do think the baby has been an important focal point for everyone in DH's family. It was a little weird to adjust to that, as his presence was already so intense in meaning for me, but I am grateful I have him to offer our heartsick family as well. Thanks for your kind words.

We'll have 4 new babies on this thread soon...

#434 of 449 Old 05-03-2010, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Why, yes I did finally have the baby! Thanks so much for your concern everyone! I went to 41 weeks + 1 day before labour started, + 2 by the time she was born. I tried everything I could think of to start labour as I was sooooo uncomfortable and dreading the decision to induce or not at 42 weeks. Labour started strong and fast, I was worried about dh getting to me in time! Then, shortly after being admitted to the hospital, it stopped! So frustrating and such a tough decision about what to do next. They couldnt' break my water because the baby wasn't decended enough, so I ended up on a pitocin IV after all! Labour was hard and fast after than and my new dd was born just after midnight, about 12 hours after the pains first started. She is big like her big sister (both almost 10 pounds), but this one decided to arrive face up (cannot describe the pain), with the cord around her neck and a decelerating heart rate. Because of the urgency of her situation, I pushed her out in 20 minutes (with no drugs, other than the nasty pit) and only a small episotimy (a relief as I had third degree tears last time, which did NOT reopen with this birth, thank god). I'm feeling pretty good about my superwoman self! She is nursing pretty well and I am coping (mostly) pretty good with the lack of sleep etc.

to all and thank you so so much for caring, I miss our IF tribe and it's good to know you mamas are still keeping an eye on me.

#435 of 449 Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 AM

What a wonderful post, CRM! So happy for you, your superwoman birth, your beautiful big new daughter and your lack of tearing! It's so good to see another long-awaited baby enter our group. Happy babymooning!

ps- do you have a name to share or do you prefer not?

#436 of 449 Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 PM

Congratulations CRM!!!!!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you and your family! Welcome to this earth mini-CRM!!!!

#437 of 449 Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 PM

Yay - congrats CRM!!!!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#438 of 449 Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 PM

CONGRATS CRM!!!!!

I also had my baby! Finnegan Hubert was born on May 1st at 1:46 am and was 8 pounds/10 ounces and 21.5 inches long. I will update with his birth story later

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#439 of 449 Old 05-06-2010, 11:53 PM

Whoa! Congratulations Jelinifer!!! So exciting! And darling name for your boy! Can't wait to hear more about his birth!

#440 of 449 Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 PM

Jelinifer: Congratulations and I agree that the name is gorgeous!

#441 of 449 Old 05-08-2010, 11:09 AM

Congratulations to both CRM and Jen! Such big healthy babes. It makes me want to cry.

Poet, I'm still waiting for your announcement. See you on the other side soon.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#442 of 449 Old 05-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Congrats to all the new mamas!!! CRM and Jen, I am so happy for you!!

Poet- Looking forward to your announcement too!

I'm doing ok. Hanging in there! Babies are 4 months old now and each 15lbs.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#443 of 449 Old 06-21-2010, 12:29 PM

Hello Everyone! Reviving this thread again! I came on here and searched to see if Poet had her baby and she did! So happy for her and everyone else who is on this board.

My little guy will be 8 months tomorrow.....oh how the time flies!

#444 of 449 Old 06-27-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Hello Everyone! Reviving this thread again! I came on here and searched to see if Poet had her baby and she did! So happy for her and everyone else who is on this board.

My little guy will be 8 months tomorrow.....oh how the time flies!
Thanks Tricia! I too feel so much for everyone who has walked this path. 8 months for your little guy-WOW!

Liam Greenleaf was born on 5-31 at 10:14 am after a 34 hr natural labor that included 5.5 hrs of pushing due to a platypoid tailbone. Yikes, who knew?
But, he's here and he was perfect from the moment I first saw him. I will never forget the deep look we exchanged when he was placed on my chest. The whole world around us faded away. So beautiful to get the chance to be a mama. GL to all the other pregnant after IF women

#445 of 449 Old 06-27-2010, 06:00 PM

Poetgirl, Every time I hear about you and your babe I just tear up again, I'm so happy for you!!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#446 of 449 Old 06-27-2010, 07:42 PM

Congrats to all the new arrivals. My little guy is now 10 months old. My how the time flies by.

I was scheduled for Gallbladder surgery because it has been giving me fits since my first attack while I was in labor. Well it turns out I have to postpone that surgery because I am pregnant.

We are in complete shock to say the least. Our RE gave us a 10% change of it occuring naturally. I am still nursing around the clock, had 17 day cycles until this one, have one fallopian tube, endo, husbands swimmers have never been great when tested.

My first beta was 226 and 2 days later it was 612, so everything looks great there. I have not a clue when I ovulated, other than a guess according to CM. We go on tuesday for our first u/s to make sure it isn't another ectopic. My first ectopic was due to clomid.

So ya, that is my newest adventure in life

Hope everyone is doing great!

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#447 of 449 Old 06-27-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
Poetgirl, Every time I hear about you and your babe I just tear up again, I'm so happy for you!!!
Oh,
Look at YOU with your awesome TWIN signature! I'm getting to the party at 2am, I see on congratulating you for that! I had a feeling about twins for you! How are you doing/feeling/being? So curious to hear about your pregnancy so far. I'll have to get to stalking you!

Amazingly, so so many women I have been rooting for all seemed to get pregnant at the end of my pregnancy. It made me so happy! There's DaisyMae and MomtoAlexis and Gemasita and EastBayK, Jenne, Adorkably You of course. I just recently saw that two women who went through IF for #1 are now pregnant with #2...KristinaMarie and AllisonRose. It makes me so happy to see all these pregnancies!!

Kristina, I will keep fingers crossed that this is not an ectopic and your surprise pregnancy is a happy healthy one.

#448 of 449 Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 AM

Thanks poet, wanted to write you and scream that I was having twins and how amazed and excited I was , but have been controlling myself and letting you baby moon.

I'm so blown away, sometimes a get a tiny bit panicky but most of them I just feel go good about it all.
Thankful I and nearly symptom free, bisides big boobs and a tiny bladder I feel pretty good. At times I wish I felt " more pregnant" and then i come back to reality and am really thankful because I'm a whiny shit head when I'm nauseous!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#449 of 449 Old 07-11-2010, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Just thinking about you all and sending out some love. It's crazy, but after living on MDC for pretty much a couple of years, I've hardly been on here at all since DD2 was born, I think partly because I know for sure we won't be trying to get pg again and the support of my IF sisters was a major part of why I got onto MDC. Thank you all so much.

DD2 is peaceful, happy, sleeps well and is gaining weight fast. She's the mythical easier second baby.

y'all

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page