Pregnant after Infertility Tribe - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Pancakes again today, with butter, brown sugar (not much) and cinnamon, then rolled up. : Man, I could live off of them right now. But then I cooked a real lunch with meat and everything, so it evens out, right? Right?
:

Well, thanks. Now I'm hungry again, and guess what I want?

As if the eight ounce burger and green beans wasn't enough to sustain me through the night.

I swear, this kid is going to be a bruiser. I am hungry every two hours!

Amy - I took the suppositories on one cycle and totally hated them! Give me a nice sore but from IM shots any day! And fwiw, I doubt you totally screwed anything up. I am not even convinced that the progesterone is completely necessary for most of us after IVF/IUIs, I think the clinics prescribe it to give our bodies the best chance possible to sustain a pg, not because we couldn't sustain a pg without it. Does that make sense? Oh, speaking of which, time for my lovely Vivelle Patches. Ugh. Anyone know why they are using these instead of Estrace? Again, call me old fashioned, but I would much rather take the pill every day. Between the patches and the bruises from the shots on my tummy and hips I look like some kind of deranged junkie!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post

Not all antihistamines are the same, though. Some are not safe during pregnancy. You really need to research each drug you're contemplating taking.
I completely agree - here's where I got that information - it's one of the most trusted resources in Canada for drug safety in pregnancy.

http://www.motherisk.org/women/updat...content_id=136

They do not specify which are "better" than others.

Again, I believe in taking the least risk possible (I take chlor-tripolon, which was recommended by my OB last pregnancy) but I do trust this site.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 08-29-2009, 02:26 PM

I missed a couple of suppositories too and was fine. They sure are messy, aren't they? But I hated the PIO shots.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 08-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Pookietooth: Thanks for the MTHFR information.......gave me lots to think about!

The progesterone suppositories are sooooo disgusting. I knew mine and my husband's relationship had reach a new level of intimacy when he had ot help remove some of the stuff one time So glad I was able to use the pills this time around!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

Old 08-30-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Does anyone feel like they can't complain about their pregnancy, since we worked so hard to get pregnant? Sometimes I just feel so ungrateful when I'm in the midst of normal pregnancy discomfort. I am thrilled to be pregnant, but wish I felt more comfortable with expressing my discomfort. Does that even make sense?
Last year I became a postpartum doula, and my main focus is for women who deal with pregnancy after IF. This is exactly why I wanted to do this is because once you have the babe, you will feel like "this isn't what I thought it would be!" and it really is a confusing mess of emotions. We spent 7.5 years TTC our 2.5 yo DS so I fully empathize with you.

You are normal to feel this way. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty if you don't feel perfect and complain at some point. Hang in there! It will be worth it in the end!

(stepping off my soapbox )

I am tentatively joining you all here. I go in Monday for my second beta and we are praying that the numbers rise as expected. Never know, I might POAS tomorrow morning but then it might drive me nuts, too
Old 08-30-2009, 01:15 AM

I was wondering if I could joing you gals DH and I got a BFP on Thursday on our 6th cycle of Clomid after the HSG (pretty sure the HSG was the kicker for us.) We feel so incredibly lucky to have gotten this w/Clomid alone (were going to talk about IUI's and a referral to the RE next cycle...)

But I am also petrified that this bean won't stick... the thought of another whole year of Clomid before being able to even see an RE... *shudder.*

Sorry for the rambley intro- I'm only four weeks into this and I'm already going nutty

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Old 08-30-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post

Jen (B4M) - I just wanted to say that I really admire the mental strength you have had to go thru such a challenging pregnancy. I've been following for a while and am really getting excited that you seem to be entering into a much safer place. :
awww, thank you!!! after reading this thread, i feel a bit silly complaining about our fertility issues. we've been extremely lucky considering.

and as much as most of you ladies do not connect sex with pg, i do not connect pg with anything happy or glowy or fun. i've always had tough pgs, so this is it for us. my dr is still wanting me to consider surgery, but if i commit, it'll be to take out the offending member (uterus) and hopefully be done with the whole endometriosis thing. i just don't see getting the adhesion/polyp removal and the entire clean up thing if we are done building our family.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Old 08-30-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
I was wondering if I could joing you gals DH and I got a BFP on Thursday on our 6th cycle of Clomid after the HSG (pretty sure the HSG was the kicker for us.) We feel so incredibly lucky to have gotten this w/Clomid alone (were going to talk about IUI's and a referral to the RE next cycle...)

But I am also petrified that this bean won't stick... the thought of another whole year of Clomid before being able to even see an RE... *shudder.*

Sorry for the rambley intro- I'm only four weeks into this and I'm already going nutty

:: Congratulations Jelinifer! So glad to have you here (I posted in the IF board as Furrow. Decided to change my username). Major big sticky vibes for you!

Welcome to Happily Blessed and anyone else I may have missed.

Thank you all for the reassurance about the progesterone supp. I don't think i really need it since my prog was 25 at my beta, but I'm afraid to quit. I'm taking the pills but using as suppository because i had some notion they worked better that way. but yes, yuck. may start taking by mouth. gumby, funny story. we've not made it to that level

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Jelinifer and Happily Blessed!!! So glad to see you here! : I am still in the worrying time as well, it is so hard. I am trying to be more joyful in this pregnancy, I feel like I was full of fear throughout my pg with dd and I promised myself I would revel in this one more. Can't wait to see that heartbeat, though.

AmyKT, have you taken progesterone orally before? Just a warning, it really throws me for a loop - sleepy, dizzy, etc. But only when I take it orally.

Okay, those of you with toddlers/preschoolers, how do you manage to feed them healthy food when you can't look at anything that isn't white and buttered? My main way of getting dd to eat veggies is to eat them in front of her - not happening at the moment. Of course she will just eat plain noodles, but it's not good. My dh is not much of a help on this.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
Old 08-31-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Okay, those of you with toddlers/preschoolers, how do you manage to feed them healthy food when you can't look at anything that isn't white and buttered? My main way of getting dd to eat veggies is to eat them in front of her - not happening at the moment. Of course she will just eat plain noodles, but it's not good. My dh is not much of a help on this.
Well, dd is now old enough to eat things raw. So, a couple of raw carrots, broccoli etc. set in front of her usually goes over well. Especially if there's some "dip" involved. Cooked veggies just aren't happening. I did resort to bagged salads, which we both can tolerate. :

Welcome Happily! I didn't realize that was your line of work. Very cool, as the emotions are so difficult.

Jelinifer - So glad to have you here! Nutty is normal. I do find it gets easier as the pregnancy goes further. Also, if insurance requires 12 months before RE, I did find that a loss did not re-set the clock. Of course, I think this one is sticky, but on the off chance, I don't think the 12-month will apply.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 08-31-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Jelinifer - So glad to have you here! Nutty is normal. I do find it gets easier as the pregnancy goes further. Also, if insurance requires 12 months before RE, I did find that a loss did not re-set the clock. Of course, I think this one is sticky, but on the off chance, I don't think the 12-month will apply.
Thanks for the sticky vibes.... so far, still hanging on Most insurances in MA (I know mine at least) does re-set the 12-month clock due to loss... they count pregnancy, not a live birth as a success to IF. Talk about adding insult to injury!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Old 08-31-2009, 07:31 PM

Yay for new "faces"! I feel a little funny "welcoming" anyone to this thread since I am so new here myself, but welcome anyway, and hope your stay here is, oh, say about 8 months long!

And yes, nutty is totally normal. My dh has taken to telling me that I am driving him crazy, so everything must be ok.

Happily Blessed, that is such a cool specialization you have taken on! How I wish I had had someone like you after my first pg when I was tearing my hair out and thinking what a horrible selfish person I was for not loving every minute of this when it was exactly what I had longed for for so long!

Speaking of roller coaster emotions, we had our 6 week u/s today. There were two heartbeats. I am still in shock, and not really sure, in light of our last pg and loss, how I feel about this. I think if I didn't know what I know about loss and IF and all I would be nothing but happy, but as it is I find myself just not wanting to get too attached, iykwim. Also, baby A's heartrate was only 98bpm (baby B's was 117), and I know that they like to see it over 100, so that has me a touch concerned.

I have another scan in 10 days, so I guess we'll see then. All I can really do in the meantime is take the best care of myself possible. I truly believe that God won't let us go through this kind of loss again, and that if things are ok by about 8 weeks, then they will stay ok.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 PM

Hi Ladies! I just saw this thread on the I'm Pregnant board, and I was so excited to see so many names that I recognized from the IF board! :

My story: I'm due in October after almost 2 years of ttc and Metformin + 5 rounds of Clomid.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

Old 09-01-2009, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Ultrasound for the heartbeat today. :

: to all.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
ultrasound for the heartbeat today. :

: To all.
good luck!!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM

Best wishes for a hb on the u/s!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys!! :

139 And I am measuring right at 7 weeks (10mm, wow) Hard to believe that something so small is making me feel so tired and barfy. I could tell my RE wanted to hug me but didn't, he's so proud of himself. Adios IF clinic!!!! :

Old 09-01-2009, 09:28 PM

CRM: Congratulations again!!!! I'm proud of YOU for hanging in there as long as you did. IF treatments can be such a PITA!!!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 PM

CRM: What great news!!!!! : I remember what a huge relief it was when I saw that little heart fluttering away and heard the heartbeat.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Adios IF clinic!!!! :
That's what WE said right after seeing the heartbeat LOL!

Congratulations... that's just WONDERFUL news!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 09-01-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys!! :

139 And I am measuring right at 7 weeks (10mm, wow) Hard to believe that something so small is making me feel so tired and barfy. I could tell my RE wanted to hug me but didn't, he's so proud of himself. Adios IF clinic!!!! :
Yay!! Wonderful news!! Congrats!!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:01 AM

: Congratulations CRM!!!!! :

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 AM

Awesome news CRM!!! Congrats! :

Old 09-02-2009, 12:14 PM

On pins and needles today.... got my Beta yesterday to see how my numbers are doing and the RN still hasn't called yet it's 10:15 here and the doctor opens at 9...and I got the b/w done early yesterday afternoon.) If you were me, would you call after lunch or wait for them to call?

Old 09-02-2009, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Jelinifer. I would call. Good luck! :

Old 09-02-2009, 02:55 PM

I think I would have waited for about 5 minutes after they opened

Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
:

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 09-02-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
:

I just left the RN a voicemail.... I think I've been beyond patient with these folks (took them 3 days to get back to me after I left a voicemail asking for a Beta!) Apparently they're all gung-ho while trying to make you a baby, but when you want a bean-confirmation they go

Old 09-03-2009, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, Jelinifer, now I'm irritated with your clinic! I hope they got back to you with good news in a timely fashion today!!

I had a moment of feeling "something" today and had to interupt my friend mid-sentence, hand her back her baby and rush to the bathroom to make sure it wasn't blood. It wasn't, but ack! I almost fainted today, too. Scary.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 AM

CRM: Congrats! Isn't that heartbeat a beautiful sight? : I constantly was going and checking my underwear for the first 12 weeks! I still look but I am not so nervous about it.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10

User Tag List