Pregnant after Infertility Tribe - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 449 Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
How are you feeling Julia'smom (tired of people asking you that? )
I'm feeling. . . rather pregnant, with all the associated "joys". I too wish for updates from the buggers within. Thankfully, I'm getting a lot more movement, and if I get worried, I know what positions the babes dislike and will wake up to kick me. Apparently they hate if I try and recline in a chair, which is good as it makes me sit in the proper position to position them for birth, but man, it's tiring to always be propped on the edge of a seat. Apparently, I'm mastering how to fall asleep completely upright, as dd has startled me a couple times when I've done that.

Oh, yeah I was in the same category as you as far as working. Kept planning to quit, but never worked up the guts.

Gumby - I'm thinking of you. I hope that babe is giving you some great big kicks now.

I'm hoping we have some more birth announcements soon! Come on Jen!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#242 of 449 Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 PM

hi ladies!

crm ~ ive often thought the same thing, i wish there was a little belly window i could open to peak in. wouldn't that reassurance be nice? glad to hear you are enjoying telling folks and the beginning of your belly pop!!

jen ~ happy to hear the pillow has brought you some relief - i use mine at work all day long too.

j's mom ~ thats too funny about falling asleep sitting upright. i cant believe you are 31 weeks already!

afu ~ we found out at our weekly appointment yesterday that the babe has turned transverse (after being head-down the WHOLE time)! we are hoping she turns back before labor starts - if not, we are looking at a c-section. i was pretty upset about it yesterday, but am doing better now. que sera - i just want to be on the other side, with a healthy baby, however that happens!

~ sarah
#243 of 449 Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the well wishes and advice. He is still kicking....definitely less, but still kicking. I had my last OB appt. yesterday and the heart rate was in the 140's. I think I am even over this nasty cold or whatever it was. Tomorrow, I am having my repeat c-section. I'm really nervous about the whole situation. I hope it goes ok and the baby and I are fine afterward as well as I hope my 3 year old is ok with me not being home for a couple of days. I know deep down that all will be ok, but it's still hard to not stress. Wish me luck! I have access to wi-fi at the hospital so as long as I am feeling up to it, I will post afterward! Wish me luck!!!!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#244 of 449 Old 10-21-2009, 03:39 PM

tricia - good luck tomorrow! i'll be sending thoughts for a safe and healthy delivery and speedy recovery. i cant wait to read the update/announcement!

~ sarah
#245 of 449 Old 10-21-2009, 04:53 PM

Gumby - I'll be thinking of you. Can't wait to hear the announcement. :

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#246 of 449 Old 10-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Good luck tomorrow Gumby!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#247 of 449 Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 AM

QOTD: my partner and i want to send a thank-you gift to our RE and the nurses for their many, many, many, many months of wonderful care. im not sure exactly what to send though - any thoughts??

I'm going to x-post on the general infertility thread, but I thought you ladies might have special insight into this question since you've made it to the other side!

thinking of you, tricia, and hoping all is going well!

~ sarah
#248 of 449 Old 10-22-2009, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
Good luck telling work tomorrow!!! I feel the same way too... DH jokes that it's a shame we can't just pull on my ear and have a ticker-tape report pop out of my belly button or something

...and the chair situation is MUCH better! I still have the same old crummy chair, but I brought a pillow from home to sit on and that has made things 100% better for my back
Glad your back is better. And yes, exactly, a ticker tape update would be perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
I'm feeling. . . rather pregnant, with all the associated "joys". I too wish for updates from the buggers within. Thankfully, I'm getting a lot more movement, and if I get worried, I know what positions the babes dislike and will wake up to kick me. Apparently they hate if I try and recline in a chair, which is good as it makes me sit in the proper position to position them for birth, but man, it's tiring to always be propped on the edge of a seat. Apparently, I'm mastering how to fall asleep completely upright, as dd has startled me a couple times when I've done that.

Oh, yeah I was in the same category as you as far as working. Kept planning to quit, but never worked up the guts.
I'm only still there so I can qualify for mat leave again (shameful, I know, but I've given them some good years). Oh dear, falling asleep upright. That could only happen to a woman pregant with twins and caring for a toddler. I hope it's worth it and the babies are in the best position (this story reminds me of when dd was a few weeks old and I feel asleep pumping - glamorous!)

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#249 of 449 Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 AM

hey ladies - looks like tricia/gumby had her baby boy!! announced in the Oct DDC, with the sweetest picture!

~ sarah
#250 of 449 Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM

Yeah for gumby! : off to go check out the story

AFM, good news - both babies are measuring right on for their age. Guesstimated at 4 pounds each. : No issues with me so no mention of bedrest. Next standard appointment in two weeks.

bad news - both babies are transverse. Send some baby girl (baby A) head down vibes/prayers please. I believe there's still time and space for them to shift, but would feel so much better if she was there already. Regardless, ob won't schedule a c-section and they'll do a final check when I'm in labor.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#251 of 449 Old 10-24-2009, 03:51 PM

Yay for gumby! I am still preggers myself, hoping the baby won't be too late. Sigh. So ready to have this baby.
Julia's mom, you have plenty of time, I can't imagine twins would be able to stay transverse that long. Have you checked out spinningbabies.com ? Also, acupuncture can sometimes help (make sure practitioner has practice with this issue) along with moxabustion, and chiropractic might help too. I think the point on the outside of the pinky toe is supposed to help a posterior baby turn, it might work for transverse (there is a point on the leg for turning a breech baby). You can try talking to the babies too.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#252 of 449 Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post
QOTD: my partner and i want to send a thank-you gift to our RE and the nurses for their many, many, many, many months of wonderful care. im not sure exactly what to send though - any thoughts??

I'm going to x-post on the general infertility thread, but I thought you ladies might have special insight into this question since you've made it to the other side!

thinking of you, tricia, and hoping all is going well!

~ sarah
I would vote for share-able food. A really good box of chocolates, fruit or muffin basket.

abeecharmer and Juliasmom, I hope those babies all turn around the way they're supposed to be. You must be so close now abeecharmer, I can't wait to read your announcement!!!!!! And yours too, Pookietooth, I hope things go just right for you and soon.

My dd is quite sick, could be H1N1, but they docs here are not testing. So I am just crossing my fingers I don't get it. I have a round of tamiflu handy in case, but I don't feel very comfortable with that either.

AND, I've been having a lot of contractions. It took me a while to really clue in that that's what's happening. I don't remember having them with dd this early, or really at all until I was in labour (but it's quite likely that I wouldn't have recognized them as contractions). I was starting to worry, but I see that lots of other women in my DDC have them as well - more common with second and third pregnancies. I really try to avoid pregnancy books because they seem to be all about what could go wrong, so I hate looking stuff up.

blessings all.

#253 of 449 Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Banned

I don't recall if I've posted in this thread, but will read everything tomorrow.

I was once fertile, and rendered infertile after being hit by a car when I was 19, nine years ago. I was in a crosswalk. Bilateral tube blockage was a painful diagnosis as it meant only IVF would make me a mom, and it made dating so hard. I wanted to be up front with guys I dated, and that scared many off who wanted kids. I don't blame them, so don't think bad about them. How many of us would see it as a deal-breaker if a guy didn't want kids? I say "didn't" rather than "couldn't have" because there's an easier way around male infertility (sperm banks with AI or IUI) than female infertility (pricey drugs, IVF, IVF with donor eggs). The guys who I ended up dating didn't want kids and saw being with me as a bonus because it meant no chance of accidental pregnancy.

My fiance and I were friends long before we got into a relationship. We had a solid friendship, and he knew all my medical stuff. He fell in love with me anyway not knowing I was falling in love with him. Yes, things have worked well for us. We started IVF last fall, and had one cycle result in twins that we lost just before Christmas, the next cycle was no positive (I still count those two as losses since they were fertilized and alive inside me, and just didn't implant), and the last try resulted in twins with one lost. Our little girl is due in a month or so.

I look forward to reading all of this thread.
#254 of 449 Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 AM

Jen - Thanks for the tips! I'm already starting with some of the spinning babies positions. I just need to get dh on board because I definately need a partner/spotter (with more muscles than my 3yo) to be safe.

CRM - Take it easy! I did start contractions around that time, but have been able to keep them well below the 4 an hour the midwifes want me to watch for. Keep hydrated and do as little as you need to keep them at bay. for your dd. It stinks to be sick, and to be a pregnant mama that still cares for a sick child.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#255 of 449 Old 10-26-2009, 12:48 PM

Welcome, Noelle C.
I am still pregnant. On the one hand I know that the baby will come soon enough, but on the other hand I'm quite impatient and uncomfortable. At least being pregnant, I don't notice the chilly weather we've been having. I never really adapted to the colder climate up here in the Pacific Northwest and the cool falls here usually bum me out, but this year I am actually kind of hot when we run the heat.

#256 of 449 Old 10-26-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle C. View Post
I don't recall if I've posted in this thread, but will read everything tomorrow.

I was once fertile, and rendered infertile after being hit by a car when I was 19, nine years ago. I was in a crosswalk. Bilateral tube blockage was a painful diagnosis as it meant only IVF would make me a mom, and it made dating so hard. I wanted to be up front with guys I dated, and that scared many off who wanted kids. I don't blame them, so don't think bad about them. How many of us would see it as a deal-breaker if a guy didn't want kids? I say "didn't" rather than "couldn't have" because there's an easier way around male infertility (sperm banks with AI or IUI) than female infertility (pricey drugs, IVF, IVF with donor eggs). The guys who I ended up dating didn't want kids and saw being with me as a bonus because it meant no chance of accidental pregnancy.

I look forward to reading all of this thread.
Welcome! I don't know how things would have gone with me and dh if I knew what I was in for at the beginning. He has severe MFI, but has zero interest in adoption, donor sperm or any way to get a child that isn't biologically his. So IVF with ICSI was our only option. So glad for you that you found a guy who has been able to make this journey with you, it sounds like you have been through a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
CRM - Take it easy! I did start contractions around that time, but have been able to keep them well below the 4 an hour the midwifes want me to watch for. Keep hydrated and do as little as you need to keep them at bay. for your dd. It stinks to be sick, and to be a pregnant mama that still cares for a sick child.
Thanks for the well wishes. Think I'll call my mw today and chat about the contractions... Hope you're feeling okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Welcome, Noelle C.
I am still pregnant. On the one hand I know that the baby will come soon enough, but on the other hand I'm quite impatient and uncomfortable. At least being pregnant, I don't notice the chilly weather we've been having. I never really adapted to the colder climate up here in the Pacific Northwest and the cool falls here usually bum me out, but this year I am actually kind of hot when we run the heat.
Thinking of you!!! You have a great attitude.

#257 of 449 Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 PM

noelle ~ hi and congrats on the impending arrival of your daughter!

j's mom ~ let us know how the spinning babies techniques work. im going to talk to my OB tomorrow and see what he recommends (assuming this babe is still transverse...)

jen ~ im right there with you - impatient and uncomfortable! hope your little one makes an appearance soon! how long will your midwife let you go past your edd?

crm ~ were you able to speak with your midwife today about the contractions? hope she was able to provide some reassurance.

afu, hanging out at 39w4d and SO ready to deliver! we go in for our weekly appointment tomorrow, so we'll find out then if the baby has slipped back into a proper head-down position and, if not, what's next...

~ sarah
#258 of 449 Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

crm ~ were you able to speak with your midwife today about the contractions? hope she was able to provide some reassurance.

afu, hanging out at 39w4d and SO ready to deliver! we go in for our weekly appointment tomorrow, so we'll find out then if the baby has slipped back into a proper head-down position and, if not, what's next...

~ sarah
Spin, baby, spin!! I hope there's some magic they can do (pressure points, herbal drink, acupuncture??) to help that sweetie get into position so you can avoid a c/s. However, I have to say that I now view labour as like the wedding compared to the marriage. It's only one day and yes, you have an idea of how things should ideally go, but once that day is over you have your wonderful baby forever (and just like marriage, that's when the work starts). Hope I'm making sense.

Yes, I talked to a mw and she said not to worry if there's no bleeding (which there isn't) and to take it easy when they start. It's another one of those things that kicks in earlier with subsequent pregnancies. Usually it's lifting that sets them off, so I will avoid that. But she said not to be less active overall necessarily, which is good because I really need to get more walking etc. in. Thanks for your support on this one guys.

#259 of 449 Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 PM

Ugh, I am having light contractions, or not so light, but they aren't regular. Started last night. I don't know why they haven't progressed. Last time with ds, they progressed pretty rapidly, although I'd had a false labor or whatever you call it the day before that lasted only a few hours. This time, the contractions started around 8 pm last night, then tapered off when I went to bed and I slep until 5ish, then went back to bed around 9 and slept until 10:30. I am so ready to have this baby!

#260 of 449 Old 10-27-2009, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

It's good that you're resting while you can, Pookietooth! It sounds like it'll be soon! Stay hydrated and have some easy to digest snacks. So excited for you.

#261 of 449 Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 AM

Well...I hope this thread has been quite the last few days because some mama's are having their babies! Any updates, Jen & Sarah?

Glad you're doing well, CRM.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#262 of 449 Old 10-30-2009, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking the same thing. Waiting for updates....

#263 of 449 Old 10-30-2009, 04:10 PM

jen/pookietooth had her baby girl, announced on october ddc.

im still here, waiting - 1 day past EDD now. we had a non-stress test at the hospital this morning. heartbeat looks great and, unbeknownst to me, i'm having some contractions. nothing regular or too strong yet, but good to know *something* is happening in there!

hope you all are doing well, thanks for getting the thread bumped back up!

~ sarah
#264 of 449 Old 10-30-2009, 04:50 PM

Yeah for Jen!

Sarah - I'm glad "something" is happening. Do you know if the baby resumed an appropriate position?

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#265 of 449 Old 10-30-2009, 09:20 PM

Yay Pookie!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#266 of 449 Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 PM

CONGRATS JEN!
So happy for you!

Some big decisions to make right now. I'm leaning toward not even doing the sequential screen right now. It would be OOP and I would just get the 1 in # result. If it's worrisome, I would hate to cloud the pregnancy with worry until the 18th week big u/s. Tough decision! I know this is unpopular on MDC but I did get the H1N1 vax today. It was really hard to choose this and I was conflicted, but I'm letting it go. I've been on a book tour so lots of traveling and hand shaking right now. Plus, MI is teeming with sick people. So far so good. I had my first mw appt. this week. I'm a small person with a tilted uterus and I've always been worried I might not be able to have a vag. birth, but my mw said I had perfect pelvic bones for giving birth. This made me so darn happy! Yesterday was my birthday and it was so wonderful to be pregnant. I truly did not want anything else. Just knowing that was everything. I really love being pregnant. I kind of even like the nausea

What's new with everyone else??? It's great to see your tickers moving along.

Sarah, Happy Labor Vibes to you. How exciting to meet your girl any day!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#267 of 449 Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
jen/pookietooth had her baby girl, announced on october ddc.

im still here, waiting - 1 day past EDD now. we had a non-stress test at the hospital this morning. heartbeat looks great and, unbeknownst to me, i'm having some contractions. nothing regular or too strong yet, but good to know *something* is happening in there!

hope you all are doing well, thanks for getting the thread bumped back up!

~ sarah
Thanks for letting us know, that's so great for Jen! Glad to hear that things are looking good and progressing (even if not as soon as you'd like. ) I've been checking your blog and your look fantastic, what an awesome baby belly!!!

Poet, I too, relished my nausea, because it was for such a good reason. It would be going too far to say I miss it now, but this phase of not being barfy any more but not yet being able to feel the baby move is a bit crazy-making. I was talking to another woman due the same time as me and she said exactly the same thing, so I don't feel as totally neurotic. Can't wait for my next mw visit, hear the heartbeat appointment... Apparently I have a tilted uterus as well and no problems with vaginal labour (no drugs!) with dd. I hear you on the H1N1 vaccine. I thought "no", but then my dd got what probably was h1N1 (they're not testing here) and I had to re-think my opinion on that. It is just now available and I am still debating. Take good care of yourself.

Oh, and I am loving watching everyone' s tickers move!!!

#268 of 449 Old 10-31-2009, 08:21 AM

I got the H1N1 vax, too. It was just over a week ago and I cried on and off all day because I was worried I made the wrong decision. Now I am at peace with it and I believe I did the right thing. I have asthma, pregnant and a health care worker. I am at high risk for complications and contracting it.

I don't post much but I do read the thread to keep up with all you ladies! Much love to all of you.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#269 of 449 Old 10-31-2009, 12:15 PM

hi mamas!

j's mom - yes, at our last weekly appointment, the doc said the baby is back to a head-down position. still not engaged in the cervix though, so she could possibly flip again. im bouncing on my yoga ball frequently, trying to help her find the correct way out!

poet - what could be better than hearing from your mw you have "perfect pelvic bones for giving birth"?!? thats awesome! a (belated) to you!

crm - thanks for the sweet compliment

re: the vaccines, its interesting to hear everyone's opinions. i didnt get either one and had a bit of a panic attack yesterday, worrying i had done the wrong thing and worrying about the risk of a newborn catching the flu. its so hard to know what to do! (and frustrating because even if you want to get one, they are scarce...)

hope everyone is having a nice weekend & happy halloween!! im hanging out at 40w2d, just impatiently waiting.

~ sarah
#270 of 449 Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 PM

Sarah - I hope you're either pushing or baby mooning right now.

I too am torn on the vaxes. I was all set to get them, then got a bad cold right about when they were supposed to be available. Now I need to call and see if I can even find some that are available. It seems like everyone around here is getting sick, at church, preschool, daycare, etc.

Holy cow, look at my ticker! I've made it to 33 weeks with no bedrest yet. We just realized that we should really get those car seats installed and the hospital bag ready. Only another 5-7 weeks to go!

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page