NEW: AUGUST Tribe for Pregnant and over 35! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we came HOME! glad to be here and glad to be 32 wks preggo today!

welcome to all of you ladies and here's to very easy pgs and births.

oh, and i vote for the bow to you smiley for mama forest!

this baby will be #7 for us and we will have one going off to college next year. (i don't include dss in my siggy...their dad isn't comfy with me mentioning them...shhh).

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#62 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 10:56 AM

I see that jillmamma's no. 3 FAM "oops" baby was conceived for the same reason my dh and I conceived ours. We thought we were 6 days before ovulation but my body jumped the gun and I o'd 2 or 3 days before expected. So here we are excitedly waiting for our no. 3 (who we were continually on the fence about, as well).

Sometimes it's nice to have nature take over and make up your mind for you. (We were too cerebral about the whole thing, really.)

My older two have been good about the pg, too. The older one loves babies and toddlers and spends a lot of time with our neighbor's toddler, so she's looking forward to ours. The younger one comes up and hugs and kisses my belly and talks to the baby every day.

DD1 (Oct 99), DD2 (Sep 02), DD3 (Oct 09)
#63 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
perdita...we weaned because i have low progesterone and i was still nursing dd when we (unexpectedly) got pg in 07. i didn't wean for that pg and had an unexplained miscarriage. i didn't really force dd, but she was down to nursing once every few days or so and she was becoming MAJORLY annoying with the nipple pulling and biting.

you may be able to conceive while nursing...just wanted to throw that out there!
sorry, been absent for a few days!

We actually did two IVF cycles last year while DD was nursing, and both were failures. One had nothing to do with nursing - the embryos all arrested before transfer, but the second was a normal transfer, and a negative. Can't blame nursing for it - many reasons it might have been negative. But in retrospect, after having the latest cycle, it was pretty clear that nursing had an impact on my ability to respond to the meds, but that's not true for everyone - I'm a low responder anyway. So we waited another 6 months until DD was almost self-weaned (1 minute before bed was IT) and then phased that out. I'm really pleased that we waited - although I can't say she self-weaned, it was very close, and it worked out!

Jen - congrats on being home!

Darcy - ART is Assisted Reproductive Technology - so it covers everything from simple fertility drugs to IVF. In our case, because of our fertility issue, we had DH's sperm injected right into my eggs - pretty space-age, and it took us a long time to be ok with the procedure - lots of ethical considerations.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#64 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
updated to here

how are you guys doing? i just made my first midwife appointment today - it will be at 12 weeks can't wait!
how exciting! can't wait to make my first appt. right now i'm researching midwives and am feeling a bit overwhelmed because there are just so many. didn't think i'd have this many options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama in the forest View Post
Has everyone around here been reading all the articles lately about older moms & increased longevity? Birthing after 40, and especially at 44-45 & beyond increases our longevity by quite a bit! yay!! :Bring on 100!

http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...1&slug=2559851

http://biomed.gerontologyjournals.or...full/57/5/B202

http://www.jonbarron.org/blog/2009/0..._life_tie.html

http://www.nationalpost.com/life/hea...tml?id=1597156
well, this is encouraging. in that case, i'll have to have a couple more after this one.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#65 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post
how exciting! can't wait to make my first appt. right now i'm researching midwives and am feeling a bit overwhelmed because there are just so many. didn't think i'd have this many options.
i thought it would be hard too. i had a good list, from several referral sources, and only knew a little about each of them. i went with my feelings about who to call first (two women who work together) and we LOVED them! decided not to interview any others not everyone would recommend that, but i think that if you are comfortable with their experience and approach, then it becomes about who you click with. you'll know

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#66 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

boobs4milk, yay! this is great news! do you have restrictions on activity now that you are home? i hope the next few weeks go really well for you.

#67 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Jenny, thanks for the congrats! You too!! Let's see, your oldest was born in 90 - still a little too young to be out of the house?
Yeah, my oldest is now 19 and has moved out recently. It is really strange to have an adult child and a babe on the way! I kept telling her that we had to replace her, and that we would name the new baby after her so that we would not be lonely!

Not really, but it is so fun to tease.

My house feels a bit empty with ONLY six children in it at the moment! I am really strange, I know!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#68 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
Darcy - ART is Assisted Reproductive Technology - so it covers everything from simple fertility drugs to IVF. In our case, because of our fertility issue, we had DH's sperm injected right into my eggs - pretty space-age, and it took us a long time to be ok with the procedure - lots of ethical considerations.
I cannot imagine what you have been through. That kind of decision MUST have been hard. I'm so glad you are here, though!

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
#69 of 94 Old 08-27-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Yeah, my oldest is now 19 and has moved out recently. It is really strange to have an adult child and a babe on the way!
I second that!! Noone believes me when I tell them...

#70 of 94 Old 08-28-2009, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

its fun hearing about older siblings getting excited about new babies coming, especially the little ones my husband wanted to name his sister "mushroom allen" when she was on the way - he was 3.

so, i forget who, but someone voted for the smiley to bestow upon momma of the forest. any other votes? i thought since this little community is organized around age, it's only fitting for our oldest member to be recognized in the title post

#71 of 94 Old 08-28-2009, 09:52 AM

thank you for the welcome homes! still here, still on bedrest, up only to toilet, shower, and occaisional food.

perdita, i think you and i deserve our own category of self-weaning. i bf almost a year after our loss even though dd had dwindled down to basically nothing. i was adamant that she would do it on her own. however, with my progesterone issues and the endometriosis, i also knew there was very little chance to become pregnant while bf. so, when she could sleep without nursing, i did the don't offer don't refuse thing and she went along with it. after about 3 wks without bf, she did ask for it again and said 'ninny all gone.' and that was pretty much it. she would still be nursing at nap if i'd offer, though!

i also had issues with ART because we wanted to finally do things our own way. we figured that if we could get pg the one time (our loss) with no intervention, why couldn't we do it again. we talked about it for months on end and decided that IUI would be as far as we would be willing to go. for us there were ethics involved, but also finances. being the parents of 6 children meant that we could not afford to take away from our others to have another (does that even make sense?). we could do the home IUI for about $150/cycle or the office IUI for about $350/cycle. i checked the one place around here that does the IVF and it was closer to $10K for one cycle. none of those prices included the injectibles and the IVF place is 2 1/2 hrs away!!!

so, we went to the RE in january and booked in for a surgery to clean out my tubes, uterus, and the surround areas that were gunked up in endo adhesions and polyps. two days later, SHOCK AND AWE we got 2 pink lines. i'm still just amazed at our luck, especially because this pg has been so difficult. we've gone from bleeding corpus luteum to shortened cervix to slow growth to ptl to bedrest to hospitilization and here i lay at 32 wks holding on to the world's strongest baby! i swear somedays it feels like she's gonna kick right outta my stomach!

best of luck to you all! i also post on the pai thread but feel sorta silly over there because i CAN get pg on my own, it just takes a while!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#72 of 94 Old 08-28-2009, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oops, I haven't checked in for a while...

As for having kids later: I wasn't at all interested in having children when I was younger. I was never (and am still not) the type who goes all ga-ga for babies (heh), and I was terrified of birth. I got married at 23, but I never felt the time was right to have kids with him. It wasn't until I met my current husband that I started to get the urge. We began TTC when I was 31 (and still in grad school, actually), and I had DS when I was 32. I wanted to have two children about 3-3.5 years apart, but it took nearly a year to get pregnant again - and then I miscarried. Two months later, we tried again (with clomid), and here I am.

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#73 of 94 Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
here i lay at 32 wks holding on to the world's strongest baby! i swear somedays it feels like she's gonna kick right outta my stomach!
Oh, congratulations mama! That is just so wonderfully put. May she stay on the inside a good long time.

Quote:
I kept telling her that we had to replace her, and that we would name the new baby after her so that we would not be lonely!

Quote:
My house feels a bit empty with ONLY six children in it at the moment! I am really strange, I know!
Jenny, mine is the same way. If even one child is out for the day everything is different. When my oldest first moved out I practically grieved it.

Quote:
so, i forget who, but someone voted for the smiley to bestow upon momma of the forest. any other votes? i thought since this little community is organized around age, it's only fitting for our oldest member to be recognized in the title post
I love all the smileys! Now, please excuse me while I look for my cane & walker for assistance while I try to move my geriatric self.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#74 of 94 Old 08-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
its fun hearing about older siblings getting excited about new babies coming, especially the little ones my husband wanted to name his sister "mushroom allen" when she was on the way - he was 3.

gets my vote!!

#75 of 94 Old 08-28-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

ok, ok my vote was , but i have two votes, so it is!

#76 of 94 Old 08-28-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Yeah, my oldest is now 19 and has moved out recently. It is really strange to have an adult child and a babe on the way!
My oldest is only 14 and I feel this way. Hard to believe he will be 14 years older than his youngest sibling.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#77 of 94 Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
My oldest is only 14 and I feel this way. Hard to believe he will be 14 years older than his youngest sibling.
My oldest is 22... and married!!

The next to oldest will also be 14 when this baby is born!!

#78 of 94 Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 PM

DS is pretty excited about the baby too. His favorite rock is shale, so he wants to name the baby Shaley. I nixed that one but suggested he name one of his fish shaley.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#79 of 94 Old 08-29-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
My oldest is 22... and married!!
How would you like to be a grandmother & have a newborn!! Wouldn't that be something? I like to tease my 21 year old about that...she just rolls her eyes.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#80 of 94 Old 08-30-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
How would you like to be a grandmother & have a newborn!! Wouldn't that be something? I like to tease my 21 year old about that...she just rolls her eyes.
I think that would be great!!!

But my dd and her dh live out of state... I would want them closer!

#81 of 94 Old 08-30-2009, 01:54 PM

Is it too late for me to join? I have followed the old thread ... a long time lurker as well. I have a 5 year old. I'm 36, DH 39, planning a HB - due 9-23
DD was born 3 weeks early so I am thinking we could go anytime starting Wednesday. Trying to keep this one in a bit longer.
We did one ultrasound. I have Hashimoto's so that's been a challenge energy wise. And I DO feel old. Glad some of you have lots of energy. That's my biggest fear, HOW am I going to do this. I was told I was post menopausal - as in I had no progesterone. I was told that even "if" I could get pregnant I would never be able to carry the baby to term - so that just added so much stress to my pregnancy ... not to mention the "surprise" factor. Let's just say DH and I had a really Happy New Year ... this babe (supposed to be a boy) was definitely meant to be ... I am resting in the joy of that. I had a dream a few days before conception that I was in a museum and found this beautiful sparkly naked baby boy and he looked up at me and said, "I love you so much" All is as it should be
#82 of 94 Old 08-30-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I do tease my DH about this often. Not that my oldest is married yet, but at her age, it is always a possibility.

I don't think I would mind at all. OTOH, I am not sure how SHE would feel telling everyone that she was pg and so was her MOM!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#83 of 94 Old 08-30-2009, 05:40 PM

a friend of mine is pg and due in dec and her 19 yr old dd is due in jan!!! i would FLIP. my dd is 17 and this is her senior year and already she has two friends who are still in school and pg. i was pg with her my senior yr and i try to encourage her to just slow down and enjoy herself. she's going to college, full-ride basketball scholarship so there's no rush for her for the next 4-5 yrs!

#84 of 94 Old 08-30-2009, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

zannster, i wasn't interested in having kids earlier either. i kind of thought, if my husband didn't get over it, i might eventually come around, but it took a long time! don't know about you, but once we started TTC, i felt like i graduated into a different phase of my life completely.

i'm sad to hear about your miscarriage. we're hoping to have a couple close together too, but time will tell...

onelittleone, hi and welcome! of course it's not too late - we only have a new thread so we can all keep up with each other better, i'm glad you found it.

ack - who TOLD you you were postmenopausal? were you tested? i mean, clearly they were wrong. i don't know what hashimoto's is, would you mind telling us?

i love your beautiful dream, and i hope your little treasure cooks as long as you need him too. i was three weeks early, and went home just fine!

#85 of 94 Old 08-30-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelittleone View Post
Is it too late for me to join? I have followed the old thread ... a long time lurker as well. I have a 5 year old. I'm 36, DH 39, planning a HB - due 9-23
DD was born 3 weeks early so I am thinking we could go anytime starting Wednesday. Trying to keep this one in a bit longer.
We did one ultrasound. I have Hashimoto's so that's been a challenge energy wise. And I DO feel old. Glad some of you have lots of energy. That's my biggest fear, HOW am I going to do this. I was told I was post menopausal - as in I had no progesterone. I was told that even "if" I could get pregnant I would never be able to carry the baby to term - so that just added so much stress to my pregnancy ... not to mention the "surprise" factor. Let's just say DH and I had a really Happy New Year ... this babe (supposed to be a boy) was definitely meant to be ... I am resting in the joy of that. I had a dream a few days before conception that I was in a museum and found this beautiful sparkly naked baby boy and he looked up at me and said, "I love you so much" All is as it should be
Hi onelittleone!! I'm sorry you have been thru so much fear but it's so good to hear stories like this. I love that you had a dream about him! Thanks for sharing that!!

Btw, PEACE+HOPE, I am taking a sabbatical for a couple of weeks. I've been on MDC way too much these past few weeks and have really ignored my kiddos more than I'd like to. So don't "write me off" cuz I'll be back when I get back into my homeschooling/family routine!!

#86 of 94 Old 08-30-2009, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

TO EVERYONE: threadkeeping, it's easy, really! once you put up the new intro post, you can easily edit it to make changes and add new members. just try to check every day or so. i really cannot do it, as i won't have access much during my trip, and no one else can edit my post.

who would like to take september??

there are very thorough instructions here for starting a new one. those instructions are for a weekly thread with high traffic, but you can figure out which parts you need .

abigailgrace, haha, this is my edited post to you - i think we both posted at the same time. i was just taking you up on the offer to take september!

welcome, gon2be! you're added

#87 of 94 Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 AM

Finally got internet at the new house-hooray! I am 41, was 40 when I conceived, and DH is 44. Due december 2009, no idea of the baby's gender.
Did nothing special to conceive except not use BC. We have three children now ds 11, dd 8, dd 5.
#88 of 94 Old 08-31-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
TO EVERYONE: threadkeeping, it's easy, really! once you put up the new intro post, you can easily edit it to make changes and add new members. just try to check every day or so. i really cannot do it, as i won't have access much during my trip, and no one else can edit my post.

who would like to take september??

there are very thorough instructions here for starting a new one. those instructions are for a weekly thread with high traffic, but you can figure out which parts you need .

abigailgrace, haha, this is my edited post to you - i think we both posted at the same time. i was just taking you up on the offer to take september!

welcome, gon2be! you're added
I am SO sorry! I totally forgot! If noone can do it, PM me and I will still do it. I will just make a point to check ONLY this thread! haha! So really, don't hesitate to PM me and let me know!!

#89 of 94 Old 08-31-2009, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

oh goodness, don't sweat it. i'm sure someone else will be happy to take the thread......

right???? :

#90 of 94 Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 PM

moonInLion 41/42, 37, late March, surprise

proud mama of DS (April 03), DD (Oct 06), angel1.gif (March 09), DS (April 10), DD (Oct 12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page