Mothering Forum banner

NEW: AUGUST Tribe for Pregnant and over 35!

3K views 91 replies 28 participants last post by  sarah finca 
#1 ·
:Welcome to the new thread
for pregnant women 35 and older!
:

Our pregnant members are listed alphabetically with username, age at conception/age at delivery, partner's age, EDD, sex of baby, in this order and separated by commas.

If you'd like to be added to our list, and when you have updates, please post your request in bold.

PREGNANT MEMBERS

AbigailGrace 40/41, 49, mid-march 2010, surprise
boobs4milk 35/__, 43, 10/22/09, girl
bubbagirl 36/37, 31, 3/11/2010, surprise
chichimamma 39/40, 39, 4/2ish/2010, surprise
cbhowell 40/41, 41, 9/26/09, girl
darcytrue 40/41, 45, C/S 9/22/09, surprise
Dmitrizmom 36, 9/16/09, surprise
Ellein C 39/40, 50, March 2010, surprise
Ella-6 40/41, 42, 1/1/2010, boy
ElliesMomma 40/41, 59, 9/16-ish/09, boy
gon2be 40/41, 44, december 2009, surprise
gypsyhips26 34/35, 38, 12/30/09, boy
jillmamma 36/36, 36, 1/30/10, surprise for now
Kidzaplenty 39/_, 43, early january 2010, surprise
mama in the forest 44/44, _, ___, boy
Masel, 38/38, 40, 10/1/09, surprise
moonInLion 41/42, 37, late March 2010, surprise
Peace+Hope 35/36, 35, mid-april 2010, surprise
Perdita in Ontario 37/37, 39, 2/11/2010, surprise so far
pookietooth 43/43, 44, 10/22/09, boy
onelittleone 36/__, 39, 9/23/09, boy
samstress 37/38, 36, 4/25/10, surprise
Sorin 36/36, 39, 4/20/09,too early to tell
sunshadow 35/36, 38, 1/1410, boy
thewaggonerfamily 40/41, 40, 11/3/09, boy
zannster 36/37, 35, 3/28/10, surprise for now
ZoraP 40/41, 41, 10/9/2009, girl

:OFFICIAL LURKERS
:
kraftykathy 40, dreaming of adding 1 more to her 3

:BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS
:
mamatoabunch: little boy Finnian on 8/13/09

:UNCONFIRMED GRADUATES
:
(for in case we need it)

*** Women who discontinue posting will be moved to the "Unconfirmed Graduates" category 30 days after their due time. Please keep us posted, and ask to be removed if you don't want to participate so we can keep our group manageable - thankyou!

See less See more
#77 ·
Quote:
My oldest is 22... and married!!
How would you like to be a grandmother & have a newborn!! Wouldn't that be something? I like to tease my 21 year old about that...she just rolls her eyes.

#78 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama in the forest View Post
How would you like to be a grandmother & have a newborn!! Wouldn't that be something? I like to tease my 21 year old about that...she just rolls her eyes.

I think that would be great!!!

But my dd and her dh live out of state... I would want them closer!

#79 ·
Is it too late for me to join? I have followed the old thread ... a long time lurker as well. I have a 5 year old. I'm 36, DH 39, planning a HB - due 9-23
DD was born 3 weeks early so I am thinking we could go anytime starting Wednesday. Trying to keep this one in a bit longer.
We did one ultrasound. I have Hashimoto's so that's been a challenge energy wise. And I DO feel old. Glad some of you have lots of energy. That's my biggest fear, HOW am I going to do this. I was told I was post menopausal - as in I had no progesterone. I was told that even "if" I could get pregnant I would never be able to carry the baby to term - so that just added so much stress to my pregnancy ... not to mention the "surprise" factor. Let's just say DH and I had a really Happy New Year ... this babe (supposed to be a boy) was definitely meant to be ... I am resting in the joy of that. I had a dream a few days before conception that I was in a museum and found this beautiful sparkly naked baby boy and he looked up at me and said, "I love you so much" All is as it should be

#80 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama in the forest View Post

I do tease my DH about this often. Not that my oldest is married yet, but at her age, it is always a possibility.

I don't think I would mind at all. OTOH, I am not sure how SHE would feel telling everyone that she was pg and so was her MOM!

#81 ·
a friend of mine is pg and due in dec and her 19 yr old dd is due in jan!!! i would FLIP. my dd is 17 and this is her senior year and already she has two friends who are still in school and pg. i was pg with her my senior yr and i try to encourage her to just slow down and enjoy herself. she's going to college, full-ride basketball scholarship so there's no rush for her for the next 4-5 yrs!

#82 ·
zannster, i wasn't interested in having kids earlier either. i kind of thought, if my husband didn't get over it, i might eventually come around, but it took a long time! don't know about you, but once we started TTC, i felt like i graduated into a different phase of my life completely.

i'm sad to hear about your miscarriage.
we're hoping to have a couple close together too, but time will tell...

onelittleone, hi and welcome! of course it's not too late - we only have a new thread so we can all keep up with each other better, i'm glad you found it.

ack - who TOLD you you were postmenopausal? were you tested? i mean, clearly they were wrong. i don't know what hashimoto's is, would you mind telling us?

i love your beautiful dream, and i hope your little treasure cooks as long as you need him too. i was three weeks early, and went home just fine!

#83 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by onelittleone View Post
Is it too late for me to join? I have followed the old thread ... a long time lurker as well. I have a 5 year old. I'm 36, DH 39, planning a HB - due 9-23
DD was born 3 weeks early so I am thinking we could go anytime starting Wednesday. Trying to keep this one in a bit longer.
We did one ultrasound. I have Hashimoto's so that's been a challenge energy wise. And I DO feel old. Glad some of you have lots of energy. That's my biggest fear, HOW am I going to do this. I was told I was post menopausal - as in I had no progesterone. I was told that even "if" I could get pregnant I would never be able to carry the baby to term - so that just added so much stress to my pregnancy ... not to mention the "surprise" factor. Let's just say DH and I had a really Happy New Year ... this babe (supposed to be a boy) was definitely meant to be ... I am resting in the joy of that. I had a dream a few days before conception that I was in a museum and found this beautiful sparkly naked baby boy and he looked up at me and said, "I love you so much" All is as it should be

Hi onelittleone!! I'm sorry you have been thru so much fear but it's so good to hear stories like this. I love that you had a dream about him! Thanks for sharing that!!

Btw, PEACE+HOPE, I am taking a sabbatical for a couple of weeks. I've been on MDC way too much these past few weeks and have really ignored my kiddos more than I'd like to. So don't "write me off" cuz I'll be back when I get back into my homeschooling/family routine!!

#84 ·
TO EVERYONE: threadkeeping, it's easy, really! once you put up the new intro post, you can easily edit it to make changes and add new members. just try to check every day or so. i really cannot do it, as i won't have access much during my trip, and no one else can edit my post.

who would like to take september??

there are very thorough instructions here for starting a new one. those instructions are for a weekly thread with high traffic, but you can figure out which parts you need

abigailgrace, haha, this is my edited post to you - i think we both posted at the same time. i was just taking you up on the offer to take september!

welcome, gon2be! you're added

#86 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
TO EVERYONE: threadkeeping, it's easy, really! once you put up the new intro post, you can easily edit it to make changes and add new members. just try to check every day or so. i really cannot do it, as i won't have access much during my trip, and no one else can edit my post.

who would like to take september??

there are very thorough instructions here for starting a new one. those instructions are for a weekly thread with high traffic, but you can figure out which parts you need

abigailgrace, haha, this is my edited post to you - i think we both posted at the same time. i was just taking you up on the offer to take september!

welcome, gon2be! you're added

I am SO sorry! I totally forgot! If noone can do it, PM me and I will still do it. I will just make a point to check ONLY this thread! haha! So really, don't hesitate to PM me and let me know!!

#89 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
oh goodness, don't sweat it. i'm sure someone else will be happy to take the thread......

right????
:
i can do it if you'd like. now that i've got my bfp, i no longer have the ttc #2 (and more) in our 30s thread to keep.

#92 ·
REQUEST TO JOIN

SARAH FINCA,37,37,42,6/11/14 SURPRISE BUT WANT TO FIND OUT

hi everyone I just posted some stuff on the previous thread but quick recap & reply as to why now.I have a 14 yr old daughter divorced from her clinically crazy dad when she was two .I have background in midwifery but have been working in the feild of postpartum wellness for 4 years before buying a farm and moving to Ecuador with current husband/love of my life.This is all just really too far out and wonderful to be pregnant at this time in my life .I have been suffering terribly with horrific dental problem that I hope and pray are finally resolved.Look forward to connecting with you all.I find it very challenging to relate to younger women (though I'd like to keep an open mind) I just feel like I've experienced alot as a woman and a mother and I feel pretty different and think pretty different thank when I was younger.I'm really glad you guys are out there xo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.