Mothering Forum banner

NEW: AUGUST Tribe for Pregnant and over 35!

3K views 91 replies 28 participants last post by  sarah finca 
#1 ·
:Welcome to the new thread
for pregnant women 35 and older!
:

Our pregnant members are listed alphabetically with username, age at conception/age at delivery, partner's age, EDD, sex of baby, in this order and separated by commas.

If you'd like to be added to our list, and when you have updates, please post your request in bold.

PREGNANT MEMBERS

AbigailGrace 40/41, 49, mid-march 2010, surprise
boobs4milk 35/__, 43, 10/22/09, girl
bubbagirl 36/37, 31, 3/11/2010, surprise
chichimamma 39/40, 39, 4/2ish/2010, surprise
cbhowell 40/41, 41, 9/26/09, girl
darcytrue 40/41, 45, C/S 9/22/09, surprise
Dmitrizmom 36, 9/16/09, surprise
Ellein C 39/40, 50, March 2010, surprise
Ella-6 40/41, 42, 1/1/2010, boy
ElliesMomma 40/41, 59, 9/16-ish/09, boy
gon2be 40/41, 44, december 2009, surprise
gypsyhips26 34/35, 38, 12/30/09, boy
jillmamma 36/36, 36, 1/30/10, surprise for now
Kidzaplenty 39/_, 43, early january 2010, surprise
mama in the forest 44/44, _, ___, boy
Masel, 38/38, 40, 10/1/09, surprise
moonInLion 41/42, 37, late March 2010, surprise
Peace+Hope 35/36, 35, mid-april 2010, surprise
Perdita in Ontario 37/37, 39, 2/11/2010, surprise so far
pookietooth 43/43, 44, 10/22/09, boy
onelittleone 36/__, 39, 9/23/09, boy
samstress 37/38, 36, 4/25/10, surprise
Sorin 36/36, 39, 4/20/09,too early to tell
sunshadow 35/36, 38, 1/1410, boy
thewaggonerfamily 40/41, 40, 11/3/09, boy
zannster 36/37, 35, 3/28/10, surprise for now
ZoraP 40/41, 41, 10/9/2009, girl

:OFFICIAL LURKERS
:
kraftykathy 40, dreaming of adding 1 more to her 3

:BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS
:
mamatoabunch: little boy Finnian on 8/13/09

:UNCONFIRMED GRADUATES
:
(for in case we need it)

*** Women who discontinue posting will be moved to the "Unconfirmed Graduates" category 30 days after their due time. Please keep us posted, and ask to be removed if you don't want to participate so we can keep our group manageable - thankyou!

See less See more
#2 ·
so, i only added those women who were discussing the new thread, and one recent birth, just in case others aren't interested.

i'd be happy to add anyone, so just let me know!

and, if anybody wants to look back through the old thread and find other birth announcements, other members, i'd love to add those too.

hope this is ok - any suggestions are welcome. and i'll pass off the keeping to someone else for september

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post

:Welcome to the new thread
for pregnant women 35 and older!
:

Our pregnant members are listed alphabetically with username, age at conception/age at delivery, partner's age, EDD, sex of baby, in this order and separated by commas.

If you'd like to be added to our list, and when you have updates, please post your request in bold.

PREGNANT MEMBERS

AbigailGrace,
Ella-6,
Kidzaplenty,
Peace+Hope, 35/36, 35, mid-april 2010, surprise!
pookietooth, 43/44, 44, 10/22/09, boy

:BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS
:
jillmama: little boy Finnian on 8/13
Girl, you are good! Okay, this is...

ABIGAILGRACE and I am 40 (will be 41 when this bambino is born!)

I am due Mid-March and so far, it's been VERY MUCH A SURPRISE!!!

All that said, this wasn't a planned pregnancy but a much wanted and loved one now! We are hoping for a girl as our last 4 have been boys...

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kraftykathy View Post
can i lurk here, lol?! I just turned 40 in june and dream of having just one more little one!!! we have 3 so far ages 14, 12 and 4.

kathy
Yes, please lurk and visit with us!!

#10 ·
Well, I don't need to be added as I am already there, but thought I would introduce myself.

I am a QFGMPoAMA! (I just LOVE long titles!)

That is I am a QuiverFull Grand-Multi-Para of Advanced Maternal Age.

My name is Jenny and I am 39 this year!

My Hubby is Bryan and he is 43 this year.

I am currenly pg with our #10.

I have birthed eight live babies, lost one daughter, and had one 18wk loss. So I have seven living children.

This little blessing (kinda expecting a girl, but will take either gladly) with arrive sometime after Christmas (EDD early Jan) unless she comes early (which is not usually my style).

I love this group!

#11 ·
excellent! thank you ladies. pls check the first post and make sure i didn't screw up your info... thanks especially to those who enabled me to copy and paste
i did put in usernames, not real or partial names. i left __ where i didn't have info.

any other stuff you guys think we should include? now is the time to add other info, while the list is short
we could add HB/BC/HO for homebirth/BirthCenter/Hospital, for instance, but those things can go in our signiatures too.... whatever you guys think.

i can also add other categories. for instance, i think kraftykathy should have a lurking category. yes? i'm just going to do it, and tell me if you want me to take it off krafty, ok?

i could add an
/
category, but don't want to assume we'll need it

one more "business" question: does anyone want to have a practice of removing members who stop posting? it might sound mean, but i've been keeper of another thread, and know the member list can get less useful for existing members when it's outdated. maybe we only remove people who we haven't heard from by 1 month after their due time? or i could create another category called "Unconfirmed Graduates" or something, and not actually delete them but move them from the active list. then they could always be moved back to birth announcements later if they show

sorry to be boring. i just want to make sure i'm doing this cooperatively, not forcing it or making it how i would w/out feedback

this is really fun - i'm kinda bored in my DDC, it will be great to have a group where some of us are farther along, and we get to look forward to birth announcements SOON
:

#14 ·
updated to here.

fun to see women here! i'm wondering, why are we having babies later? maybe most of us already have children.

afm, i do not. this is our first, and we've been together for a looong time. we were moving around a lot and too far from family to be very serious about kids for years. my husband has wanted kids, but i honestly felt a lot of ambivalence about it. i kept waiting for the desire to come. finally, we moved closer to family, and started feeling like, now or never! we are confident we'll love being parents, and are really looking forward to it now. i probably wouldn't feel like i'm having kids "late," if this wasn't our first (i'll be 36 when this one hopefully comes). my mom had my little sister at 41.

#15 ·
i'm jen 35,43,edd 10/22/09, girl
i'm currently gestating in the hospital and this will be our 7th child (dh has 2 sons from previous marriage)

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post

fun to see women here! i'm wondering, why are we having babies later? maybe most of us already have children.

Take one grad student who wants to finish degree before having kids. Add in infertility and IVF. Suddenly, I'm 35 with my first - who decides she wants to nurse until 3.5 - meaning holding off on more ART until then. And - here I am

#18 ·
perdita...we weaned because i have low progesterone and i was still nursing dd when we (unexpectedly) got pg in 07. i didn't wean for that pg and had an unexplained miscarriage. i didn't really force dd, but she was down to nursing once every few days or so and she was becoming MAJORLY annoying with the nipple pulling and biting.

you may be able to conceive while nursing...just wanted to throw that out there!

#19 ·
:******OHHHHHHHHH, you want my dh's age! Didn't catch that!! He is 49!!******
:

About having babies later in life...

My dh and I got married almost 7 years ago. I had 4 when we married and he didn't have any and had never been married. We have 2 together and 1 on the way. (we lost 2 at 10 and 15 weeks also) This little sugarplum was NOT planned but we are so excited and can't imagine life without him/her now! We are hoping for a girl as the oldest two (22 & 13) are girls and the last four (11, 9, 4 & 2) are boys. But I really love them boys so we will be okay either way!

Btw, I realized the other day that I have been having babies for 23 years!

#20 ·
I was following the old thread.

Here is my info:
I'm 40 now, should be 41 when baby arrives, DH is 45, EDD 9/28 with a c-section planned for 9/22

Quote:
Take one grad student who wants to finish degree before having kids. Add in infertility and IVF. Suddenly, I'm 35 with my first - who decides she wants to nurse until 3.5 - meaning holding off on more ART until then. And - here I am
stupid question I'm sure...but what is ART? I've seen it mentioned a few times on the boards.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
i'm jen 35,43,edd 10/22/09, girl
i'm currently gestating in the hospital and this will be our 7th child (dh has 2 sons from previous marriage)
Oh girl! I am so sorry! How are you doing??? What's going on, if you don't mind me asking????

#23 ·
Why we're having babies at this age...

As you can see from my sig I've already got 2. But the first was born when I was already 31 and had been married 9 years already (perpetual graduate students, international travel, no money, etc.). I always thought we'd do our childbearing in the 30s decade but it seems we started a year late and are finishing a year late.

Actually, I'm one of those "oops" over-40 pregnancies -- never had an unplanned until now. That's not to say we're sorry, but it's the first time we've actually conceived a child without doing so on purpose. (And it was kinda nice to be surprised like that!)

#24 ·
Well, I am having babies at this age, just because I am very fertile and "active". We are QF, so we do not prevent.

#25 ·
updated to here

cool stories
i admire women/families who do not wait until the timing seems "right" AND those of us who waited... the only fear i have about having kids late (well, other than increased risks) is that i'll be gone before i get to be a grandmom - i'll be a GREAT grandmom! my husband and i already have our names picked out

kidzaplenty, what does QF mean? quintessentially fertile?
- i hope it's not offensive to joke! i've heard such great stories all my life about big families...

darcytrue, i put "surprise" for the sex of your baby, but you didn't say that, you just didn't say - i'm happy to add, if you want me to.

abigailgrace - wow - 23 yrs!

#26 ·
I don't mind jokes.
My DH and I joke all the time.

QF means Quiverfull. And to me (though it is a common interpretation, it comes in about as many varieties as crunchy) means allowing God to choose when and how many children we have, and to trust Him totally with our fertility. So, we do not TTC and we do not TTnC. In practice, that means no birth control, no chemicals, no fertility treatments, not even NFP.

And thus, since we do not use BC and I am highly fertile, well that turns into more babies even at an AMA.
I figure, if I am like my mom, I could be fertile for another 15 years! That COULD mean another 7 pgcies, at least!
Something to think about!

It is a good thing I LOVE babies and children! And honestly, it has not hampered our intimate relationship at all.
We are actually quite a lot better in that department now-a-days then we were in earlier years! There's nothing like a little experience and a willlingness to try new things to spice up your love life!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.