HELP! Took Clomid while pregnant!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-23-2009, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello-
Please can someone please help me out? I was put on clomid to help me O sooner in my cycle.....well I got what I thought was my period and the dr told me to take another cycle on day 3, So I did but the next day found out I was pregnant!.......It is listed category X during pregnancy and says it can cause birth defects!!!!!!
I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else(I cant be the only one in the world this ever happened to) If so what happened? Did your dr tell you to seek counseling or did they monitor the pregnancy more closely?

Was your baby okay?......Please only answer if you can relate ....I cant sleep, all I do is obsese over what Birth defects my baby may have as a result of this!!!!!

If anyone has been through this please help me out

so scared!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-23-2009, 10:29 PM

nothingbutworries,

i'm so sorry - clearly stressful! since i'm totally clueless, i don't have much to say, except that i've seen a lot of info about clomid in the TTC and infertility threads. maybe you should ask for some advice there, where a higher percentage of members may have experience with clomid!!

meanwhile, i hope you can rest and get some answers from your dr. tomorrow.

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#3 of 5 Old 08-23-2009, 10:59 PM

You poor girl. My sister was in a very similar situation, but with clomid and another drug in addition, and my little niece is perfect and smart at age 4. Unless you can call stubborn a birth defect, we think she's the healthiest little girl ever. My sister's OB assured her that since it was so very early, the baby didnt' really get exposed the way she would have if she had taken the drugs a month or two into the gestation.

Take care, hope you're able to get some good rest tonight and talk with your doc first thing tomorrow. Wishing you the best.
#4 of 5 Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 AM

Chances are, if you were that newly pregnant, the baby got none of the drug. The placenta wasn't working yet. An embryo in the first few weeks isn't as impacted by what you do as it is after the 1st month. That's why they tell you not to worry about the things you did before you knew you were pregnant.

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
#5 of 5 Old 08-07-2012, 08:49 AM

Hi There - I am in the same boat and took Clomid when unknowingly pregnant.  I realize you posted this a while ago, but I am curious what was the outcome with your baby?  I took 5 days @ 100 mg and found out when I went for the ultrasound that I was about 3-4 weeks pregnant.  So far, my blood tests have been good.  It was just day 12-14 when I took the Clomid, and I just don't know how to feel. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page