Best Facebook pregnancy status update? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 235 Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We got pregnant while on vacation in late Aug/early September.

Last week I posted on fb, "Remember that great family vacation we took to the Outer Banks? Looks like we brought home an unexpected souvenir." I also changed my user pic to one of the positive tests.
alyssatuininga likes this.

Dissertating wife of Mr. Amazing Man, mother to Boo Bear ( ) Captain Knuckle (13), and The Professor (5). Expecting Penelope Rose 5/10/2010 via planned c/s.
#122 of 235 Old 11-03-2009, 09:29 PM

I took a picture of the kids looking into the oven at a hamburger bun. I posted it on my wall saying "So apparently I've been bitchy lately! If so, I'm really sorry!"

I also just e-mailed the photo to the rest of our family (non FB people) to make sure that EVERYONE was told at the exact same minute.
My FIL and one BIL just thought we were passing on a pic of the kids lol! But all the females understood.

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#123 of 235 Old 11-04-2009, 01:41 AM

These are all so fun!

I have at least a couple weeks before I put anything on Facebook.

My DH is a SAHD, so I think I'll go with that theme. Something like

" . . . is happy to announce that [DH] is getting a promotion next year! Double the responsibility and a new boss in the house, but what do you expect in this economy. "
#124 of 235 Old 11-04-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandynee22 View Post
OT:
Those annoy the poo out of me too. I had a friend with "is so sad and wondering WHY???" One person asked what was wrong and she says "I don't want to talk about it" What? Obviously, you do...
I love all these ideas even though mine is done :-)
omg, back to being OT for a moment .. my SIL did that, too. She was visiting her mom (my MIL) and her husband was three hours away at their new apartment when he texted her to tell her they were over. (long story .. he's an ass, she's an ass, they both did it themselves and quite frankly, I'm sick of her bullsh*t pitty party) Her mother immediately texted everyone AND sent out a family email. Then SIL goes on fb and her status says "is really upset and doesn't know what to do" when someone asked what was wrong she replied with "I don't want to talk about it publicly yet" ... umm ... you already did and so did your mother. I really wanted to reply back with "then don't update your status to something like that if you aren't going to discuss it. That's just asking for attention" but I realized it didn't really matter because that's really all she ever does - beg for attention. Ugh.

Anyhow, back to the subject at hand ..

For a status, I'm thinking of maybe saying "apparently has two heartbeats right now"

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!
#125 of 235 Old 11-04-2009, 02:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am going to announce in a few weeks and am considering "is growing a June bug". I'm due early June.

There are some good ones here though...
#126 of 235 Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 AM

I am almost 13 weeks and hadn't announced anything... until I saw this thread!

I HAD TO USE "has the Egyptian Flu!" it is too hilarious not to use. Plus I think it is ambiguous so no one will really get it, and if they do it is okay.

So the plan is my husband is going to finish the line in a few days (when we hit 2nd trimester) by saying "because you are going to be a mummy"
#127 of 235 Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 AM

Fb
#128 of 235 Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM

One of my old high school friends put "OVbunEN" which I thought was cute.

AFM, I didn't really do anything specific because DH "accidentally" announced it reeeeeally early on and we have almost all the same friends. He put "...is excited to be a daddy" as his status.
#129 of 235 Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 PM

I'm hoping to (in a few weeks) do:

A________ thinks three is a magic number!

Since this babe is our third I think people will catch on. And then add a link to the Jack Johnson "3 Rs" song. I just like the song although the actual lyrics don't fit at all with pregnancy!
franjapany likes this.

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#130 of 235 Old 11-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Dh put (with my prior knowledge and consent) something like "Honey my Google counter says it is only 186 days til the birth of Bean. Should we announce it now or wait til the morning sickness subsides?"

We have a lot of different FB friends so I put "...is growing a whole new person."

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#131 of 235 Old 11-28-2009, 03:42 PM

At almost 15 weeks, I just put today: Eating for two during the holidays is the cat's pajamas. Cute enough, and true

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#132 of 235 Old 11-28-2009, 03:52 PM

This is a fun thread! I was thinking of doing something like:
"...is doing her part to make sure redheads don't go extinct."

(DH and I are both redheads, so I think that most of our friends will know what that means.)

I love OVbunEN, though. CUTE!
#133 of 235 Old 11-28-2009, 11:43 PM

Love this thread!

I posted "Is growing brains and kidneys. Hard work."
#134 of 235 Old 11-29-2009, 12:24 PM

i announced really early with this one... i posted a pic of the two frer's i peed on, lol. then i put 'wow... talk about totally unexpected' not very discreet. lol

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#135 of 235 Old 11-29-2009, 12:47 PM

I waited until I knew the gender and wrote "is tickled pink...again!" funny enough not everyone clued in! lol
#136 of 235 Old 11-29-2009, 01:18 PM

I did end up going with "is generating a coefficient of relatedness equal to 1/2." My academic friends got it quickly and then the rest followed suit (it helped that I posted tummy pictures and my ultrasound later that same day).

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#137 of 235 Old 12-01-2009, 12:09 AM

Well, I really wanted to use the creative FB announcement, but my mom, sister, and other friend all FB-Wall outted me within a couple minutes of each other. I was saving up for 12 weeks, but nooooo everyone had to steal my thunder.
Most of my close family and friends knew since I found out, but ALOT of other friends of mine (i.e. those who I primarily communicate with through FB) didn't. Then today afformentioned friend tells me my mom made some comment about me not knitting for the baby (my fb status said ___ is knitting for herself, only.--though I was implying for the bean). My sister then made a secondary comment, and friend made two like comments. Then friend posted on my wall about how we will have cool babies.

I know its dumb, because its facebook, but I wanted to tell the news, not have my mom, sister, and friend say crap. So I basically had to come out with it. I don't use twitter, but I'm sure my mother beat me there anyway.

Mom to cat.gif Izzie and angel.gif Grey.
#138 of 235 Old 02-13-2012, 07:05 AM

I posted this cartoon on facebook when we announced

228869_10150321482947518_671497517_9458247_5037662_n.jpg

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#139 of 235 Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

If we are blessed with another pregnancy, I'll have to come up with some wording to incorporate the fact that it will be a rainbow baby, since we lost our third child.  I'm thinking of changing my profile pic to a rainbow, then writing this:  "After the earthwide flood happened, and eight humans were left alive in the ark, God put a rainbow in the sky.  A rainbow is thing of beauty.  It does not, however, mean that the storm did not happen, or that the storm's effects are not long-reaching and long-lasting.  Jonathan's life and death were a stormy time in our lives and we will never forget him.  Another baby would by no means be a replacement for Jonathan in any way.  Having said all that, though, we are excited to announce that we are expecting our rainbow baby in ___." 

If we end up being due in May, I might put this on Jonathan's Facebook page: "Some of you MAY be wondering where I've been.  You MAY figure it out when you're done reading this update.  I MAY give you some hints, or I MAY come right out and tell you.  It MAY be fun to ponder my reasons for being absent.  Is it good news?  Is it bad news?  The time MAY come soon enough when everyone will know."

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#140 of 235 Old 02-13-2012, 05:12 PM

These are some great ideas!!!

After some thought I think I'm going with,

While I now need a bigger car, it still will NOT be a van (We are car people and I'm going to miss my Mustang!!)

another option is... as if two october birthdays wern't enough... (Mine and DS1) 

Mom knit.gif to DS 8y/obikenew.gif  10/11  angel1.gif   

2/1/12   pos.gif Yay!!

#141 of 235 Old 02-14-2012, 04:59 PM

I know this thread is old, but since it has been revived...for my 2nd dd I posted:

"To the tune of "Chapel of Love": Going to the midwife and we're gonna have a ba-a-aby, going to the midwife and we're gonna have a ba-a-aby. Ooh, I really love him and we're gonna have a ba-a-aby. Going to the midwife in MARCH!"

I announced my current pregnancy on Thanksgiving day, after a particularly rough baking spell in our new house. Our oven was off by 20+ degrees, but I didn't know it yet - just enough to cause some serious baking drama, lol. I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like:

I forgot to rinse my turkey after I brined it, I ruined my pumpkin pies, and I ruined 2 batches of cookies, but I did not ruin the bun in my oven.

#142 of 235 Old 02-21-2012, 12:46 PM

This one gets bounced around sometimes: (Name) is working on a new addition ... we're expanding by two feet! (sometimes accompanied by pics of everybody's feet smile.gif )

Or, if you're political, maybe something about "Occupy Uterus" smile.gif

I think I may go the stock-photo of a bun in the oven, though!

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

#143 of 235 Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 PM

This is what I wrote, letting everyone on FB know that I am now prego.

SO, last night I was asleep, dreaming of unicorns, lolly pops and rainbows. Just then I was awoken by a loud crash on top of my trailer....... =O ......I (being half asleep) go outside to investigate and am tackled by little pink fuzzy aliens who some how are absorbed into my skin. While in there they injected me with pink and blue swirled mushroom venom. I then passed out from the strong nature of these goings on. When I woke up this morning, it turns out..the venom that they injected me with formed into a little baby. ♥

#144 of 235 Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 PM

This is what I wrote, letting everyone on FB know that I am now prego.

SO, last night I was asleep, dreaming of unicorns, lolly pops and rainbows. Just then I was awoken by a loud crash on top of my trailer....... =O ......I (being half asleep) go outside to investigate and am tackled by little pink fuzzy aliens who some how are absorbed into my skin. While in there they injected me with pink and blue swirled mushroom venom. I then passed out from the strong nature of these goings on. When I woke up this morning, it turns out..the venom that they injected me with formed into a little baby. ♥

#145 of 235 Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 PM

I think I'm going to ask for ideas for newborn Halloween costume ideas ( due mid Oct) and see who gets it, I think it'll be pretty obvious :)

#146 of 235 Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 AM

such great ideas, thanks everyone for sharing!

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#147 of 235 Old 02-25-2012, 02:41 AM

This time around i think I'll announce with "We are headed back down the rabbit hole, new bunny emerging mid to late September." Not sure how many people will get it but this baby is hopefully our rainbow baby.

Israel, mom to  DD, Ivy, 4-27-06 :and DS, Kai, 12-29-07 and DD, Lilith 2-1-10 and always remembering Alice fullterm stillborn 08/31/11 (unexplained placental abruption) 

#148 of 235 Old 02-25-2012, 04:47 AM

Finally a good use for Facebook's Timeline feature... I found my post very easily. I wrote "[last name] 2.0 is currently under development and due for release on or around June 21, 2011. Insiders expect the first release in this product line to be a very cute one. The parents-to-be are already preparing psychologically for the experience of parenthood, as every two hours or so Mama needs to be fed RIGHT NOW." (We called the baby 2.0 for short before she was born.)

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#149 of 235 Old 02-25-2012, 12:23 PM

My partner has an 11 year old, and I have a 7 year old, so I just posted "Yours, Mine, and Ours- coming to our household November 2012!"

Mom to ds 10/12 and dd 2/05 ribbonrainbow.gif

Blogging about living with xeroderma pigmentosum at www.pacificnights.org/ and about life in general at http://livingavibrantlife.blogspot.com/
#150 of 235 Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 PM

infanticipating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page