Forum Jump: 

#211 of 235 Old 05-13-2013, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow345 View Post

Did my post get deleted? Weird, lol.

Well, you did insult everyone who has ever posted on this thread...glad you think bullying is funny.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#212 of 235 Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 AM

My post had my opinion in it and I did not say anything evil or vicious toward anyone in particular. It was just my opinion and everyone is free to disagree.

If you post something that is not popular, are your posts automatically removed with no warning? I wasn't aware of this rule. Please let me know, thank you!
#213 of 235 Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM

I couldn't wait to post on facebook about my pregnancy. My DH wanted to wait until we had the 7 week ultrasound to confirm the viability of the pregnancy. Once we got the confirmation that it was a viable pregnancy, I posted the ultrasound picture with the caption, "We're having a blob!!" Because that's what it looked like at that stage.

Me (33), DH (35) and DD1 (3) conceived naturally after 6 months. After TTC#2 for 15 months, finally got a pos.gif on my second cycle of Clomid, DD2 born Sept, 2013. Can I convince my DH it's a great idea to have another one?
#214 of 235 Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM

Opinions can be stated without being insulting or condescending, which your post was perceived to be by many.

Devilish, my friend announced they were having an alien. lol I could totally see that in the ultrasound.

transtichel.gif + jog.gif =   ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36* luxlove.gif *40**
#215 of 235 Old 05-14-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejagerw View Post

I always thought it would be fun to post a pregnancy announcement on April Fool's day, just to keep people guessing.

Last year on April Fool's my husband called his mother and told her we were expecting. We were not. :-P This year I got my BFP in March, and later my MIL said to me, "I kept wondering if this was another April Fool's joke! Guess not." This is our eighth, so we're kinda casual about the whole thing. wink1.gif

I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow, and as long as everything looks good I'm going to post it to Facebook to clue in everyone who doesn't know yet. I'll probably just caption it something like "Coming Christmas 2013!" Maybe, "Look what we're getting for Christmas!" Not very creative, but gives the necessary information. Most everybody knows already, anyway.

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#216 of 235 Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM

I was reading through old stuff on my fb page yesterday, and had totally forgotten that we posted there about ds#1. we had waited till 20 weeks due to having 3 missed miscarriages prior to him, and were really scared that something would happen. We hadn't even told family at that point, but when al looked good with the 20wk ultrasound, we decided to let the world know especially since it was getting pretty obvious. I didn't put any picture or anything to go with it, just posted

"10 little fingers and 10 little toes, but as for the gender, only the ultrasound tech knows"

#217 of 235 Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyJess View Post

I posted this photo with the caption "Jackson giving Tobias advice on how to be a big brother."

Obviously, I announced around Christmastime for our end-of-may baby
I love this and want to do this if we have another baby.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#218 of 235 Old 08-28-2013, 10:12 AM

I'm 14 weeks and next week I'm going to announce, "What do you get when you can't button your pants anymore and you're running out of flowy shirts? HINT: it's NOT Thanksgiving evening..."

it's pretty lame--but that's how I roll.

delightedbutterfly likes this.
#219 of 235 Old 08-29-2013, 07:59 AM

I didn't announce exactly. I just said: man this pregnant lady would kill for a chicken Quesadilla.

People were like whaa? Oh my gosh!
#220 of 235 Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 AM

The day I announced on fb was pretty eventful in that our chicks hatched out and our cat had her kittens. So I posted a photo of the new chicks, then a photo of the new kittens and then a photo of my BFP and made a comment about the water in our house being potent. ;)

saharaviolet and JenVose like this.

#221 of 235 Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM

I wrote it for my DS first day of kindergarten. 1 down 3 to go, those that stopped to read appreciated the subtlety wink1.gif

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#222 of 235 Old 08-30-2013, 12:33 PM

I have really been wondering about how I was going to come out to those who are less close to me this pregnancy, and just came up with my “Facebook official” status today. I plan to get DH to take some pics of me and our daughter this weekend, because I was 17 weeks pregnant Thursday and she will be 17 months old tomorrow. It just clicked in my head today how kind of cool that was. So I’ll take a good pic where maybe my bump will be at least a little obvious, and add text – 17 weeks for my belly, and 17 months for our daughter. Will also be fun for baby’s scrapbook and memories, too.

abiyhayil and mamakims like this.
#223 of 235 Old 10-08-2013, 12:59 PM

Just posted "Gaining weight for a very good reason...#guesswhoshavingababy

#224 of 235 Old 10-12-2013, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I'm thinking about just posting links to pregnancy-related stuff occasionally and seeing who asks first.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#225 of 235 Old 10-12-2013, 07:53 PM

I bobbled the announcement this time. I posted the cliche picture of my husband and daughter and she was wearing a "Big Sister" T-shirt that we got her. however, then I posted 2 other pics on the same day so they all got kind of lumped into one "[my name] uploaded 3 pictures" announcement on everybody else's page, and unless they clicked through they wouldn't see the detail of her shirt. So a lot of people missed it and figured it out based on later stuff I posted. 

#226 of 235 Old 10-13-2013, 03:26 PM

A friend of mine just put a picture of a bun in an oven as her profile picture. No words. It was subtle and awesome.

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#227 of 235 Old 10-13-2013, 08:11 PM

If we have another baby, he/she will be the baby after our rainbow baby, so I'm thinking of putting a pot of gold as my profile picture (you know, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow) lol and seeing if anyone gets it.
abiyhayil likes this.

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#228 of 235 Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 AM

We are currently ttc #6. These ideas are great!
#229 of 235 Old 11-01-2013, 05:47 AM

Mine's not super original, but I hit 14 weeks yesterday so I felt safe "announcing" to the Facebook friends (family and close friends already knew, and my coworkers).

Being Halloween, I just posted that DD was going trick-or-treating as two things: a zebra and a big sister.

Jen - 29, part-time LDRP RN and Birth Consultant. DH - 33. Married since 2006. brokenheart.gif 3/09. DD 2010.  Expecting a surprise new one in May 2014!

#230 of 235 Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 AM

We put this photo up. It took some people awhile smile.gif
#231 of 235 Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 PM

So many awesome ideas! Gonna have to figure out which one(s) are my favourite and 'borrow' them :P

Theatre-techie at heart, married to a theatre-techie hubby,and mama to an incredible baby girl, (h20homebirth.gifJan 14, 2012) and expecting a surprise in July 2014!  We are having a blastbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif, andfemalesling.GIF.
#232 of 235 Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 PM

I think someone should announce with one of those Bitstrips things that are so popular now.

#233 of 235 Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 PM

So I just thought of a way to tell DH that we're expecting (if it ever happens, which isn't looking good for this cycle, day 25 and not even an O yet). We joke with each other that I just want him for his "deposit" right now, lol, so I think that if a pregnancy happens, I'll tell him something like, "Your deposit is accruing interest." orngtongue.gif See how long it takes him to get it. Could be modified for a FB announcement similarly.

#234 of 235 Old 04-02-2014, 01:00 PM

My husband and I made our pregnancy announcement to our family at 8 weeks. We tried to be creative with the announcement so we did it two different ways:

1. We bought a few albums (for each family member) and on the first page we added the ultrasound photo along with the announcement "Baby Salazar arriving October 2014"

2. We printed the ultra sound photo and the announcement (double-sided) and rolled it up into a scroll and stuffed it into a balloon for family members to pop it and see the surprise inside.

Lastly, we recorded everyone's reaction and made a compilation video to share with friends and family on Facebook. It was a lot of work, but SOOOO worth it. Here is the link below for our final result!

http://youtu.be/l3emd_wWDbM

#235 of 235 Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 AM

Jen, that was such a cute video. orngbiggrin.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page