Mothering Forum banner

Best Facebook pregnancy status update?

358K views 234 replies 183 participants last post by  Harmony96 
#1 ·
Hi!

I'm reaching the 12 week mark tomorrow and I think I'll finally come out to Facebook (all close friends and family already know). Any suggestions for how to word the status update? I've been thinking "is due in March," but I don't know if that's creative enough.

What did you write?

I thought there was a thread on this a while back, but I can't find it.

Thanks!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
...is using facebook for mass dissemination of personal news - Matt and I are expecting our first child in January.

I always thought it silly when people get way too personal on such a public forum, but I thought bun in the oven status was ok.

#6 ·
I joined FB after everyone already knew, so I didn't get to do any sort of FB announcement. I am already looking forward to #3 when I can do that, lol.

... is "full of life."

... has plans for March. (I think that one's a little more creative than "is due" in March.)

... is caring for her inner child.

... has an expanding waistline (or substitute whatever pregnancy symptom/sign you want here, like ... has morning sickness, etc.)

Reactions: letileon
#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I joined FB after everyone already knew, so I didn't get to do any sort of FB announcement. I am already looking forward to #3 when I can do that, lol.

... is "full of life."

... has plans for March. (I think that one's a little more creative than "is due" in March.)

... is caring for her inner child.

... has an expanding waistline (or substitute whatever pregnancy symptom/sign you want here, like ... has morning sickness, etc.)
These are all so cute! I would have stole one if I saw this before

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsVyky View Post
I think I wrote something along the lines of

... is gestating
That's the one I thought of using.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beckyand3littlemonsters View Post
is bakeing a bun, estimated cooking time x weeks and x days
Ooo and along that line, you could also do:

... has something in the oven, and she's not talking about tonight's dinner.

#24 ·
I put up my most recent u/s (one of the "benefits" to being high risk is you get a lot of them) and changed my status to . . . Is expecting someone new n the new year. Granted this worked for me because the babe is due in January. Not the best update for being due other months.

#26 ·
Put me in the, "wish I'd seen this thread 3 weeks ago!" boat

I just had, "is expecting a baby boy sometime Jan-Feb!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.