sex of baby ?

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
#62 of 103 Old 09-21-2009, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Wouldn't Colloidal Silver be a "heavy metal"? And wouldn't that be a bad thing to ingest while pg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by effervescentmind View Post
I have never taken colloidal silver and don't know anything about it except what I've heard. So thanks for the head's up. I'm definitely not crunchy enough for this board but that's why I love you guys!

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
#63 of 103 Old 09-21-2009, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

hi all. i've been MIA for a bit. just wanted to check in and let you know i've added everyone and updated everything up to here.

i'm nine weeks today. not feeling very pregnant at all (which, honestly, makes me a bit nervous). i had morning sickness all through the first trimester of my last pregnancy so i guess i think that you have to feel like crap to be pregnant. i know every pregnancy is different, but i still can't help thinking that i should be feeling worse. i am tired, but that's about it.

hope everyone's doing well.

CONGRATS! to ElliesMomma and

to hipumpkins, me&3 and zonapellucida!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#64 of 103 Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
I find it quite frustrating when I WANT that baby OUT, and I do EVERYTHING (Ok, not EVERYTHING, but you know, all the non-induction "stuff" that you do to encourage them to come; jumping up and down, riding in a bumpy car, eating tons of pineapple and spicy food, etc) and the refuse!
just don't drink pineapple juice. I bought some pineapple and pineapple juice last week and the juice was disgusting!! After tasting it I wondered what the heck do people use PJ for...maybe mixing with other juices and drinks. ugh...the aftertaste was the worst.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#65 of 103 Old 09-21-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
just don't drink pineapple juice. I bought some pineapple and pineapple juice last week and the juice was disgusting!! After tasting it I wondered what the heck do people use PJ for...maybe mixing with other juices and drinks. ugh...the aftertaste was the worst.
LOL!! I LOVE pineapple juice! to each their own i guess... but it is super amazing if you mix it with orange juice if you are having a hard time with it.

Sonja (37), Scott (40), Brandon born on St Patricks day 3/17/20102
#66 of 103 Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post
hi all. i've been MIA for a bit. just wanted to check in and let you know i've added everyone and updated everything up to here.

i'm nine weeks today. not feeling very pregnant at all (which, honestly, makes me a bit nervous). i had morning sickness all through the first trimester of my last pregnancy so i guess i think that you have to feel like crap to be pregnant. i know every pregnancy is different, but i still can't help thinking that i should be feeling worse. i am tired, but that's about it.
Welcome back Samstress!

#67 of 103 Old 09-23-2009, 12:22 AM

Congrats to Elliesmom! Welcome to all the new mamas.
Well I was having a completely uneventful pregnancy until Saturday night when we hit a deer with our van. Thankfully everyone was okay, but the van is undrivable and I was a little panicked, having taken the air bag blast right to the stomach/belly. I went to the hospital and had the fetal monitor for about an hour. Baby's heartrate was sky high, shooting up to 190 for the first while and then eventually it settled down to the 140's. The doc felt my belly for sore spots and asked if I had peed and noticed any blood, but all was good, so I went home. Hopefully the placenta is fine and baby is too. My older two (ds11 and dd8) were really worried about the baby after the accident. My youngest(dd5) was totally nonplussed and was more interested in showing her new witch hat to the police and ambulance workers.
#68 of 103 Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

gosh, so sorry you had to go through that gon2be, but so glad everything's ok!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#69 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post
gosh, so sorry you had to go through that gon2be, but so glad everything's ok!
Same here! That sounds like something that could happen in my neck of the woods! Ouchy... y'all rest up!

#70 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 AM

hi, everybody, sorry to be mia, but we were on a loooong trip for almost three weeks. had a great time, happy to be home!

welcome to the new ladies, and congrats elliesmomma!!

samstress, thanks for keeping - i completely understand wishing for nausea. after the bfp, the black hole of non-information sucks!

dmitrizmom, how are you doing??? i can't imagine going back to work that soon, especially at those hours! is it negotiable for you and your family? i really hope so for you! i really think if we're (preg women) able, we ought to have a few months to adjust to our new lives and be at home taking care of ourselves and our families, and being taken care of. it might sound idealistic, but unless my financial future will be truly jeopardized by it, that's my goal.

afm, yesterday (wed) we had our FIRST appt w/ our midwives, less than 12 hrs after arriving home from our trip. it was heavenly - they came to our house and we were sooo relaxed, despite wanting to hear the heartbeat very badly! both midwives were very good, saying at 11 weeks, we shouldn't worry if they couldn't find it.... but they did!!!

we are so relieved! i know you can all identify. it was actually really beautiful, hearing my heartbeat, and then the other one on top, so much faster. we cried

it feels good to have weathered the first 11 weeks together quietly, being calm and hoping for the best. and now we're telling

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#71 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
dmitrizmom, how are you doing??? i can't imagine going back to work that soon, especially at those hours! is it negotiable for you and your family? i really hope so for you! i really think if we're (preg women) able, we ought to have a few months to adjust to our new lives and be at home taking care of ourselves and our families, and being taken care of. it might sound idealistic, but unless my financial future will be truly jeopardized by it, that's my goal.
glad you had a good trip.

I'm still trucking along at 41+1. Been home since 9/14 - told my boss I just couldn't do it. Haven't told them at work yet, but I will not be going back at 2 weeks... maybe at 4 or 6. Too many risks associated for me with my job and early return. Honestly, part of me is hoping that they decide to fire me and I can be done with that position and move on.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#72 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 PM

Welcome back Peace+Hope! Been wondering how your trip went! Do tell!!

And dmitrizmom, my last ds was 12 days 'overdue' so I feel ya! Praying lo decides to come today!!

I am feeling REALLY pregnant now! At 15 weeks, I sure look much bigger! ha! Nothing else really to tell. It's hard for me to find things that sound good to eat and usually, I'm too lazy to make them. This morning, though, I made taquitos: flour tortilla with eggs, cheese, homemade salsa and sour cream with french fries and ketchup on the side. Mmmmmmmm...

Haven't needed my naps lately but ready for bed by about 10ish. Dh and I usually stay up until midnight or so visiting and/or watching a movie but it's getting harder for me to do so.

Have a great day everyone!!

#73 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Anyway... I just wish it would kill candida! I am fighting that, too! Really badly!! And I don't want to pass it on to the baby!!! What do you do for it?

Btw, I have heard that Colloidal Silver is a natural antibiotic. Have you tried that for anything? Anyone else?? I know of people who swear by it but I've never heard of anyone taking it for a UTI.
Abigail, candida is such a treat, isn't it? I try to focus on probiotics - my favorite one is Reuteri. It's expensive, but it's so very worth it to me. I get mine at www.iherb.com. They seem to have a better price than what I can find locally.

I don't really have a problem with colloidal silver in small amounts. I would first use the other immune system boosting herbs though ~ echinacea, propolis, etc. (plus dietary things like garlic & vitamin C) Anyway, as you know, I did all that faithfully & still needed the antibiotics.

gon2be ~ I hope you're still doing ok. That sounded SO scary. I'm glad your babe is alright!!!

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#74 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 06:14 PM

you can take me off the list. I had an ultrasound today. I miscarried on monday.

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
#75 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 PM

hipumpkins, so sorry for your loss.

gon2be - I hope things are going well - sounds like a harrowing experience, to say the least.

Question for you mamas past first trimester - I'm still really really early - will be 5 weeks tomorrow. And I'm more than usually cranky and irritable. I haven't been pregnant for 9 years, and granted, my memory is really bad - - but I remember being on a high with my other pregnancies. Do you think this is a bad portent?
#76 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipumpkins View Post
you can take me off the list. I had an ultrasound today. I miscarried on monday.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I was definitely a lot sicker with my first, but also much more on a high. I'm less sick now, but much less tolerant of not feeling 100%. I have a headache and I'm exhausted.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#77 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 PM

Wow, things have sure been eventful around here, I think I must have stopped receiving notifications.

Anyways, to address me&3's question:
Quote:
Question for you mamas past first trimester - I'm still really really early - will be 5 weeks tomorrow. And I'm more than usually cranky and irritable. I haven't been pregnant for 9 years, and granted, my memory is really bad - - but I remember being on a high with my other pregnancies. Do you think this is a bad portent?
I think the hormones in 1st trimester can make life a little crazy with all the changes and all, but once you're fully entered 2nd tri, you've adapted and forgotten anything that wasn't so great in the first.

I love pregnancy now, (almost into 3rd trimester...) It doesn't even feel like I'm pregnant, except for the big belly and the rhythmical kicking from the baby. So yeah, I think you'll get your pregnancy high back again!
#78 of 103 Old 09-24-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me&3 View Post
hipumpkins, so sorry for your loss.

I'm so, so sorry mama...

gon2be - I hope things are going well - sounds like a harrowing experience, to say the least.

same here...

Don't sweat it, girlie! I've started each of my pregnancies differently! I started this pregnancy very cranky and irritable... a very surprise bay, to say the least!! But he/she is doing wonderfully and mama is, too! Hang in there!!

#79 of 103 Old 09-25-2009, 02:34 AM

hipumpkins-I'm so sorry this one didn't work out. Hope you're back on here in the near future.
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I still have a really tender spot at the top of my uterus, hopefully just stretching or maybe bruising. I hope it is nothing more than that, but I don't see my regular doc until the 5th.
Beyond that I'm waiting on our insurance adjuster and have been since Monday. I'm paying for a rental van while my wrecked one sits in my driveway, not getting any closer to being fixed. And I have to replace three car seats because once they have been in an accident, they are considered unsafe. Insurance is supposed to pay for that too.
In other news, my boobs are officially enormous. I had to go buy another new bra today-a 34 F. I started this pregnancy a 34 B and grew to a 34 DD in the first trimester. The sales woman said "well you'll probably grow more before you give birth". I told her I was shooting myself if my boobs got any bigger.
#80 of 103 Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 AM

glad to hear that being a super cranky early-preggo person is not out of the norm. kinda depressed today (my dh and eldest ds left early this morning for a trip until TUESDAY. UGH.) very bummed about that. but i'm compensating by being here and reading a trashy novel. maybe i'll add some chocolate later, too. (not working today, and have till the pm to be slothful before the other 2 kiddos get home. 'course i *could* clean and cook. laundry. nah.)

gon2be, sorry your boobs are ginormous :P Mine hurt, but since they weren't so big to begin with, we're not getting too big over here. biggER, of course, but not enough to warrant a new bra or anything.

am actually worried about the poor boobs with the pregnancy, though. with ds 1, had to be hospitalized to get intravenous antibiotics for abscess in one boob, for ds2, ditto, but the boob doctor actually cut me open in 2 places to drain the stupid thing (ugh, that was a misery). luckily with dd, ds2 was still nursing, so with the 2 of them working on them, i didn't have a problem. but with this one (ok, jumping the gun a bit, since it's pretty far away...)... still, they hurt now, and occasionally one feels lumpyish.
#81 of 103 Old 09-25-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gon2be View Post
In other news, my boobs are officially enormous. I had to go buy another new bra today-a 34 F. I started this pregnancy a 34 B and grew to a 34 DD in the first trimester. The sales woman said "well you'll probably grow more before you give birth". I told her I was shooting myself if my boobs got any bigger.
Oh girl, I remember those days! Enjoy them while you can! haha! I started off a 36 D when I was younger and now I just have deflated skin after nursing all my littluns. I hear that it doesn't happen to everyone but I lost "boob" after each child I nursed. I can't wait for my boobs to grow again with this pregnancy! haha! They are just now getting sore and I'm almost 16 weeks. When will they grow?! haha!! I keep kidding dh and telling him "I'm definitely getting a boob job after this baby!!"

me&3 - ouchy! that sounds painful! Hope you don't go through that again! I'll just keep my deflated boobs, thank you very much!

#82 of 103 Old 09-25-2009, 12:28 PM

oh, hipumpkins, i am so sorry . i was following your thread and hoping for the best. even though this little one was not planned, i hope you and your family give yourselves time to rest and heal.

dmitrizmom, your job sounds very stressful - i hope you get fired too ... actually, can they do that? whatever happens, i hope you get a good long rest, at home time with your new little person, whenever he/she decides to show up!!

question: anybody else find nausea getting WORSE at 11 weeks? the last couple of days have been so much harder for some reason! bending over a lot, which i'm doing more now at home, cleaning/laundry, seems to really kick it into high gear. and, i actually threw up last night for the first time when i brushed my teeth right after eating i ruined my perfect record! haha...

#83 of 103 Old 09-25-2009, 12:32 PM

Officially introducing myself...I'm 35 and will be at the time of delivery as well. It's my first pregnancy as a "mature mama" and so far so good I suppose. I did opt for the nuchal translucency test due, which I did not have with my girls. Just got the results....I have the chromosomal risk factors of a young nubile 20 year old-at least some part of my body resembles my 20s
I have 2 DDs ages 6.5yrs and 3 yrs. They are both very excited about having a new baby brother or sister.

So far my hardest age-related challenge has been managing my gray hair. I don't have lots but it stands out dramatically against my very dark brown hair. I had been using Herbatint for the past year or so but I'm reluctant to use even that while pregnant. I tried henna as an alternative about 2 mos. back but it didn't really cover the gray very well at all and now it's turning more reddish than I'd like as it grows out. I also read here (somewhere) that the henna-ed hair will now repel other hair color until it grows out fully, which wasn't great news.

So that's me. Glad to be joining the club

Wife to my DH Mama to my two girls  hearts.gif'03 and love.gif '06 and my sweet babyboy.gif 3-'10 I am blessed.
#84 of 103 Old 09-28-2009, 07:12 PM

Welcome Mamatoto2!!!!!!! I would consider myself a mature mama, too! haha!

So how is everyone????? What's going on in your world????

I'm 16 weeks today. Have been feeling the baby for several days now and am starting to get excited about him/her. Just got the Pottery Barn Kids magazine in and am drooling over some little girl sheet sets...

Very, very tired. Did I mention that I am tired????? Ugh!!

And food is starting to really taste yummy again!!

Next??

#85 of 103 Old 09-28-2009, 07:40 PM

Hi all!

Vivienne Claire Marie W was born into my hands at home on September 25 at 11:29 pm. She is 8 lb 7 oz, is 22.5 inches long and has beautiful red hair. I had some complications that were handled beautifully by my midwife and both of us are doing well.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#86 of 103 Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Congrats Dmitrizmom Wonderful news! I hope all is well with nursing and your recovery.
Had our first real day of cooler weather today. The kids and I still walked to the library and got some exercise. I am 29w4d, still have one really tender spot on my uterus from the car accident-wondering what the doc will say about it next week.
I feel really great and am enjoying the new maternity clothes I bought recently. Nice to have pants that aren't falling off my butt anymore and tops that cover my whole belly. My weight gain is at about 14 lbs, so I'm happy with that, although most of it seems to have gone to my boobs .
Next?? Anyone gotten any age-related flack about being pregnant lately? My dh seems to get al ot of comments, strangely enough, but I haven't had too many. He is 44, three and a half years older than me. Maybe people are too afraid to say anything to me??
#87 of 103 Old 09-28-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gon2be View Post
Congrats Dmitrizmom Wonderful news! I hope all is well with nursing and your recovery.
Had our first real day of cooler weather today. The kids and I still walked to the library and got some exercise. I am 29w4d, still have one really tender spot on my uterus from the car accident-wondering what the doc will say about it next week.
I feel really great and am enjoying the new maternity clothes I bought recently. Nice to have pants that aren't falling off my butt anymore and tops that cover my whole belly. My weight gain is at about 14 lbs, so I'm happy with that, although most of it seems to have gone to my boobs .
Next?? Anyone gotten any age-related flack about being pregnant lately? My dh seems to get al ot of comments, strangely enough, but I haven't had too many. He is 44, three and a half years older than me. Maybe people are too afraid to say anything to me??
Yes, Congrats Dmitrizmom!!!

And no, I haven't gotten any flack about my age or dh's. Dh is 49. Actually, everyone at church was happier than me when they found out! haha! I haven't gotten any remarks except the same ones, "well, I couldn't have more than two!" Whatever! To each his (or her) own!

And wow! 29 weeks and only 14 lb weight gain! You go girl! That's awesome! When I was at 14, I had gained 4 lbs. but don't know now. I don't have a scale at home.

#88 of 103 Old 09-29-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post
Hi all!

Vivienne Claire Marie W was born into my hands at home on September 25 at 11:29 pm. She is 8 lb 7 oz, is 22.5 inches long and has beautiful red hair. I had some complications that were handled beautifully by my midwife and both of us are doing well.
Congrats!

We had our little one too. Born 9/23, weighing 6 lb 12 oz, 20 in. She's 1 week old tomorrow.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#89 of 103 Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 AM

Two new babies!

Congratulations Darcytrue and Dmitrizmom!

I love new little babies! I can't wait until after Christmas!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#90 of 103 Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 AM

dmitrizmom and darcytrue!!!

dmitrizmom, congrats on your successful home birth and your little red-headed vivienne (i'm hoping for a carrot-top myself!). let us know when you've posted your birth story, or post it here

darcytrue, yay! you're baby came the day i heard mine's heartbeat for the first time - gotta be good for me . welcome to your little girl, and ditto w/ the birth story!

gon2be, how's that sensitive spot? do you remember it being banged during the accident, like maybe it's just some surface bruising?

i have NOT gotten any flack about my age, but so far have only talked to close friends and family. my midwives scoffed at it maybe being an issue. i'm 36 btw.

nausea is still worse than it had been - i'm a lot more gaggy right now. i'll be fine, and then it *hits* me. reeeeeeally hoping it starts to ease off, as i'm 12 weeks this tuesday.

i leaned on the kitchen sink this morning and felt PRESSURE - like i think my uterus must be starting to stick out more! i'm carrying some xtra weight, so i haven't really seen a bump, but i'm certainly feeling it more!

just because abigail asked, i'll say something about our trip - skip it if you want . we were on our trip to the pacific nw for 3 weeks - fabulous! we spent time in seattle and portland, and then rented a car to experience the columbia river gorge/mount hood, then drove up the oregon coast, the olympic peninsula, and hit the san juans a little too. it was gorgeous, gorgeous. not much rain, very cool temps which we love. ironically, we were stuck for an xtra day in sunny seattle b/c of rain/flooding in atlanta (delta connection)! excellent food, gorgeous, restful landscapes, public transit, we took it all in.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page