pregnant and over 35 - september - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 09-29-2009, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations Darcytrue and Dmitrizmom!

Wow, it just occurred to me I'm having a baby. I haven't bought a THING or done a thing. 26 weeks today.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#92 of 103 Old 09-29-2009, 12:09 PM

hello, i am 37 and just found out that i am expecting on June 3rd. This was not planned, we were only together once in the whole cycle, and BAM, here comes baby number 5! I hope it is a girl :-) but mstly i hope she/he is healthy.
#93 of 103 Old 09-29-2009, 02:04 PM

welcome, pumkincat! i hope you get your girl too . do you have another one already, or all boys?

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#94 of 103 Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 AM

Mamas
I wanted to let you know that I had my babe on 9/18. I had a quick and uneventful labor. My son was born at home in the water after 3 pushes. His birth was beautiful...and so is he

best of luck to all of you!!!!!

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
#95 of 103 Old 09-30-2009, 08:11 AM

wow! congratulations mamamia10!!! sounds like a fantastic birth and a healthy baby boy

#96 of 103 Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 AM

Oh! Congratulations!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#97 of 103 Old 09-30-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama in the forest View Post
Wow, it just occurred to me I'm having a baby. I haven't bought a THING or done a thing. 26 weeks today.
haha! This will be me in another couple of months!!

And congrats on all the brand new little ones!!

Welcome Pumpkincat - mine was unexpected, too! And hoping for a girl!! I just started looking at all the little girlie stuff in the catalogs I get!!

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
#98 of 103 Old 09-30-2009, 06:31 PM

Wow congrats to all the new babes I'm imagining a peaceful, quick birth for me too, so you all are inspiring me!!
Welcome to pumpkincat and congrats on number 5. Are you in the under 40 or over 40 crowd(like me).

I think the tender spot is getting better. I pressed on it the other day and it took my breath away, but today I had a hard time finding a spot that sore, just feels like strained muscles now. I think I'm on the mend.

The insurance adjuster is FINALLY coming to look at my van today and I should find out at the same time if he's going to write it off or not. I'm hoping he doesn't, but I guess I have no control. We just don't need the expense of replacing a vehicle right now. Would be so much better to just repair the one we have, but I know they have their rules too. I'm on pins and needles
#99 of 103 Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gon2be View Post
The insurance adjuster is FINALLY coming to look at my van today and I should find out at the same time if he's going to write it off or not. I'm hoping he doesn't, but I guess I have no control. We just don't need the expense of replacing a vehicle right now. Would be so much better to just repair the one we have, but I know they have their rules too. I'm on pins and needles
Ugh! Let us know!! That's no fun!!

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
#100 of 103 Old 09-30-2009, 07:18 PM

Congrats to all the new mommas! Wow, you ladies make me realize that I have a looooong way to go (babe is due April 19th).

I'm 11w1d today, and I have to say that I'm already feeling the exhaustion let up. Second trimester energy spurt, here I come! (I hope!) I already have stuff that I plan to do once I get the energy to do it--like workout. I have been able to cook again, and DH is quite happy about that. I feel terrible for saying it, but so far, this pregnancy has been relatively easy. I'm not taking it for granted, so I hope this doesn't change! It does feel great to be over 35 and having a pleasant pregnancy. Who says being pregnant is a young woman's thang?!
#101 of 103 Old 09-30-2009, 10:17 PM

Hi all! I'm 39 (years old) and 9 weeks (pregnant) ... right now I am feeling old and pukey -- but I expect to feel wise and glowy come week 11. (A girl can hope!)

HW (40) DH (46) DSS1 (14) DSS2 (11) DS (3) DD (5/5/2010)
#102 of 103 Old 10-01-2009, 07:42 AM

sorin, i'm with you all the way! my mil said to me the other day very sweetly, thank you for sharing your pregnancy with us (we recently moved back, and we waited til 11 weeks to tell). i said, we'll all be sick of it by the time it's over! i was kind of joking, but april does seem a loooooong way away, no? i keep remembering how quickly the last 6 months have passed while my sister has been prego. she's due in december and it's sneaking up FAST!

i also feel really fortunate, and i'm less tired too. just that dang nausea creeping up harder than it was

abigailgrace, i'm so looking forward to feeling movement from my little one, though as i type it, it sounds veeeeery weird too! glad you're doing so well.

questions for you all:
with home midwives/no US technology, anyone know when twins might be detected? i'm guessing fundal height would be ahead, and they'd start searching for 2 heartbeats.

another one: was reading (in a book, conception to birth) that at 12 weeks, you can pick up fetal heartrate often with a stethoscope??? but my MW said the fetoscope won't work til usually 20 weeks.... i don't even know what a fetoscope is . anyway, anybody have insight on this?

#103 of 103 Old 10-01-2009, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

october's thread is here.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page