32 weeks - constant Braxton Hicks contractions? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the past 24 hours I've been having almost constant BH contractions - my belly is always rock hard. It's exhausting and I'm getting worried. This is my third pregnancy.

Would you call your OB about this?

Mom to:
DD (1/03) , DS (9/05) , DD (10/09)
#2 of 5 Old 09-16-2009, 07:09 AM

This happened during my third pregnancy as well. Make sure you are hydrated...go ahead and drink another glass of water. Taking a long, cool shower also helped me.

I did call the ob and it was more stressful than necessary (but that was because it was a VBAC planned birth and they did not like that I wanted a VBAC). I ended up going in for a stress test and all proved fine.

My biggest contributing factor to those B.H. contractions was being dehydrated. Good luck and I hope you get some rest soon!

Chiromum and SuperChiroDad, joyful parents of: laurel eleanoir, cornelia philippa maximos lachlan pendragon and leonidas snowdon tigernach
#3 of 5 Old 09-16-2009, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I'll have another big glass of water right now. I did manage to fall asleep on the couch for a few hours this morning but woke up feeling the same. Hopefully the water and a nice long shower will help. Thanks!

Mom to:
DD (1/03) , DS (9/05) , DD (10/09)
#4 of 5 Old 09-16-2009, 01:08 PM

You should definately keep hydrated but I wouldn't worry about it a lot. I have had BH since about 26 weeks, and 32 weeks is about the time they started to become pretty intense and sometimes constant, as you are describing, especially if I wasn't hydrated or was on my feet a lot. This is my third succesful pregnancy (I had two early miscarriages so it's my fifth technically). My sister n law is on her 3rd pregnancy and around 30 weeks and having the same stuff. You are supposed to be much more sensitive to BH with each pregnancy so that probably adds to it. I am 37weeks now and occasionally have a painful contraction but I have a ton of tig htening and BH, sometimes it's almost constant for days and then in subsides.

Resigned from teaching to be a doula and freelance writer.  run.gifMommy to blahblah.gif (06/05) and Peace.gif(05/07) and bouncy.gif(09/09) and fly-by-nursing2.gif(02/11)

#5 of 5 Old 09-16-2009, 02:20 PM

I have a lot too. Staying hydrated and resting as much as you can throughout the day really helps. Mine are worse on days that I do more and after intercourse. Rest, relax, drink.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page