Tender spot on my stomach? What is it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I woke up this morning to notice a little tender spot on my stomach. It's below my belly button and to the right. When I feel it, I feels like it's a little knot or bump. The little bump or the sore area is not visibly noticeable. I just feel a little something under the skin, when I'm feeling the sore spot with my finger. It's maybe a 1/2 inch, just to get an idea of the size.

A little bit worried.

Any ideas of what this is?
#2 of 7 Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not pregnant but i have this exact same thing in the exact place you describe! I can't feel it though when i tighten my stomach muscles. Just had a pelvic exam and she said it felt normal there. Who knows!

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#3 of 7 Old 09-17-2009, 11:46 AM

I had the same thing last night! It's not there this morning though. I'm kind of wondering what it was too...sorry no helpful answers though.

Mama to Jack (2/14/10) and Madi (2/14/12) luxlove.gif my Valentine's babies!

#4 of 7 Old 09-17-2009, 04:49 PM

I'm not saying that this is anything to be worried about, but if you are open to ultrasounds or going to your care provider, you may want to just check.. I had a placenta abruption with my first pregnancy and the only sign was a small sore spot on my abdomen- it formed a clot instead of bleeding through my vagina, which i guess is the typical sign of an abruption. However, with this pregnancy I still get sore spots on my abdomen and I just had an u/s which said everything looked fine, so.. hopefully it's nothing to worry about!
#5 of 7 Old 09-17-2009, 05:34 PM

I had that exact thing! In the same exact spot!

My feeling (I have just started to get BIG, bellywise) is that maybe the skin and muscles are finally under pressure to stretch, and that's for some reason just a hot spot for that pressure. I had it for about a week off and on, and now it seems to have gone away.

Of course, I'm just theorizing in the dark here.

Science-loving mama to one little guy (11/09).
#6 of 7 Old 09-17-2009, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks everyone.

Well now I can't feel it or find it, so maybe it's gone.
#7 of 7 Old 09-17-2009, 11:28 PM

Chances are, it's a spot where a ligament attaches, and the pain you're feeling is caused by the ligament being stretched by your growing uterus. A chiro can really help so much with this (they don't just do bones!), and in fact the "Webster technique" you may have heard about is directly about working the ligaments in the area you describe. Webster involves manipulating that point by applying pressure until the knot dissolves... So anyway--go see a chiro!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page