pregnant and over 35 - october - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 103 Old 10-16-2009, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So let's have an update on everyone!! Hello ladies I have been preparing to homeschool again so I have been rather busy.

How far along are you? 21 weeks

How are you feeling? Just got over a horrible cold but I am nesting which is a good thing

Craving anything yummy lately? If it is food, I will eat it. But I am really loving frosted mini wheats and coffee icecream.

How's the family handling the good news?? "Another one??" You need to get your tubes tied ect. LOVE the support, it isn't like I am asking them to nurse the baby or baby sit Friends have been great.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#62 of 103 Old 10-17-2009, 04:03 AM

How far along are you?
29 weeks

How are you feeling?
Really good! I've got energy and enthusiasm. So has the baby. I am sure that this little one is really enjoying doing somersaults right now!

Craving anything yummy lately?
Still enjoying fruit and salads. Hard boiled eggs and nuts. Oh yeah and homemade avocado, cucumber and carrot sushi rolls. Mmmm mmmm.

How's the family handling the good news??
The in-laws are the most excited, because we're the first to have a baby. My side is still adjusting to the concept, because everyone else has already had theirs (and I'm the oldest, hehe).
#63 of 103 Old 10-19-2009, 10:19 PM

Here's an update to my stats - 39/39, 47, 5/3/10

How far along are you?
12 weeks

How are you feeling?
Ugh - still not good but getting better. I am hoping to be completely free of the nausea soon.

Finally can drink water again. It has to be cold and in small doses but I am hoping to start rehydrating.

No one knows yet. I think we will be concealing this one as long as possible for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately a number of people have been laid off in my department at work and I am not in a hurry to say -Woot I'm preggers again. My co-workers are already complaining about the extra work that will result (don't want them to think of my 12 weeks of FMLA) and I think that at least some of the lay-offees are going to be bitter that I am not the one in their shoes. I know my time is limited. I expect to show a lot sooner than I did last time.

HW (40) DH (46) DSS1 (14) DSS2 (11) DS (3) DD (5/5/2010)
#64 of 103 Old 10-19-2009, 10:40 PM

wow, a lot of us are still kind of early.

abigailgrace, wow, that will be a BIG surprise come thanksgiving! that would be a fun way to tell for sure

momaintheforest, i'm glad you aren't craving sweet stuff at least. have you had GD in past pregnancies? my sister raised my awareness of cutting back on sugar even without waiting for a problem in this area, and then i read that it's good for any pregnant women to cut back on sugar.

mooninlion, i'm waiting for movement too, and have been reading a lot how other women don't feel it until a good bit later than others. of course you know that .

zannster, ignore this question if you want, but is the 'rhoid problem from a previous pregnancy? like, i'm wondering, if you had them after the birth, can they come back during pregnancy, or is it just something some pregnant women get? not something i've heard about, so your comment made me wonder. so sorry you are having that, and i hope there's relief to be had!

ella-6, that's cool that you're the oldest having a baby last in your family. a lot of people in our families thought we'd never have kids, to the point some of them assumed this pregnancy was unplanned, heh.

honeybeewaterfall, wow, that's a lot of pressure at work. i'm glad pregnant women are protected from being fired just b/c of pregnancy, but it sure doesn't prevent hard feelings in a situation like the one you describe. hopefully by the time you're telling, and especially by spring, things will have evened out, and maybe even some new people will be on board to share the load.

zona, jeez, family can sure think they know best . seems like when people say stuff like that, they can't possibly thinking about how it might make you feel. there's gotta be a difference b/n having an opinion and burdening someone else's life with it?!

samstress, do you have any kind of update for us? thinking of you...

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#65 of 103 Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonapellucida View Post
So let's have an update on everyone!! Hello ladies I have been preparing to homeschool again so I have been rather busy.

How far along are you? 21 weeks

How are you feeling? Just got over a horrible cold but I am nesting which is a good thing

Craving anything yummy lately? If it is food, I will eat it. But I am really loving frosted mini wheats and coffee icecream.

How's the family handling the good news?? "Another one??" You need to get your tubes tied ect. LOVE the support, it isn't like I am asking them to nurse the baby or baby sit Friends have been great.
I have been sick, too! Getting over it is kicking my royal bu-t! And I'm glad I'm not the only one eating things that aren't protein and veggies! But nothing sounds good to me so I just keep eating and eating, hoping something will fill that void! Everything just tastes bland to me! So weird!! I've never experienced this!

As for family, sounds like we are related!!

But... good news!!! My ultrasound is in one week from today!!!!!!

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
#66 of 103 Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 PM

How far along are you?
Well, depending on who you go by (me or DH).
I am 29 wks tomorrow (by me) and 28w4d (by DH). Not that a couple of days matters, but I just like the being 29wks over 28wks!

How are you feeling?
Other than tired (which is part hormonal, part medication reaction, and part because my LO wakes up to play for several hours in the middle of the night lately, and I am the one that must take care of him as the house sleeps!) I am doing pretty well.

Not really. I just seem to be easily influenced! Like I can be watching a movie and see a sandwhich, and suddenly, I just HAVE to have one. Or Watching another movie and they order Chinese food and suddenly I MUST get some (including the chop sticks!). It is so crazy!

How's the family handling the good news?
The children are all looking forward to this baby. They are hoping he will come with no problems so he can come at home. (So do I!)

The rest of the family we don't talk to as much (too much drama) other than my mom, and they are ambivilant.

My mom is so "busy" with her own problems that she has little time for me. (She has been diagnosed with breast cancer that has spread to lymph nodes, bones, and most reciently brain.) I pray she is around to see this WO come into the world!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#67 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 AM

Hey all, I'm new on this thread. My stats are 45/45 46 6/7/10

How far along are you?

7 weeks.

How are you feeling?

Like a really old nauseous pregnant lady, and very happy!

Something different every day.

DH's family is super excited, the first and only grandchild on the way. I'm trying to figure out how to never tell my family, as I'm sure it will be awful. I have always been the black sheep of the family and now I'm doing something really crazy!
#68 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
samstress, do you have any kind of update for us? thinking of you...
thanks! nothing yet. i've been laying low as of late. haven't been around here (or much of MDC, to be honest). getting anxious. not having any cramping or spotting. went to the doctor on friday and of course they want to do a d&c. i said i want to wait longer. she said i can, but that i should start preparing for the fact that a d&c may be necessary. i really would like it to happen on its own, but don't know how much longer i can wait. i'm ready to be done quite honestly.

mama in the forest - looks like you're losing your tiara (or your which was ultimately chosen for you). it now goes to Buzzer Beater. congrats and welcome!!!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#69 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 04:57 AM

samstress, . wish there was something we could do. have you looked into any herbal induction methods? it's so mysterious how your body is holding on, and i understand you need to move past this. i won't say anything else, because i don't know what to say, but i am thinking of you daily.

#70 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 05:59 AM

Welcome Buzzer Beater! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Not really. I just seem to be easily influenced! Like I can be watching a movie and see a sandwhich, and suddenly, I just HAVE to have one. Or Watching another movie and they order Chinese food and suddenly I MUST get some (including the chop sticks!). It is so crazy!!
Ha, that's so funny! Especially since I can relate. I've also found myself reacting as if I'm easily suggestible.

Quote:
that's cool that you're the oldest having a baby last in your family. a lot of people in our families thought we'd never have kids, to the point some of them assumed this pregnancy was unplanned, heh.
Yeah, isn't it strange that some can think it was unplanned just because of your age. In my case I always wanted to have children, but when the time was right. It just so happened that the time that was right for me, was later than for others.
#71 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

zannster, ignore this question if you want, but is the 'rhoid problem from a previous pregnancy? like, i'm wondering, if you had them after the birth, can they come back during pregnancy, or is it just something some pregnant women get? not something i've heard about, so your comment made me wonder. so sorry you are having that, and i hope there's relief to be had!
Not really. While pregnant the first time, I noticed that the area got a little sensitive if I slacked off on my cereal so I dutifully ate it twice a day and had no problem. I had a c/s (never had any pushing) - but then not long afterwards, I believe I developed a fissure. Not sure why. After that cleared up, it was easily managed by eating enough fiber and limiting cheese. So...this pregnancy, I am again eating my shredded wheat every morning. Things were going without incident until one morning when we were out of milk, and I skipped the cereal. Then I may have had some cheese that day. And ouila! Get out the witch hazel! It took maybe 1.5-2 weeks of vigilance, and now I'm fine again.

It seems totally possible to me that if you have them after birth, they could come back during pregnancy. And yes, a lot of pregnant women get them (some very bad - I'm hoping I can keep this contained). You do not want to get constipated during pregnancy, which is something many pregnant women have to deal with. If you start having trouble with that, you'd better do what you can to fix it ASAP.

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#72 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
momaintheforest, i'm glad you aren't craving sweet stuff at least. have you had GD in past pregnancies?

No....but all my babies have been huge (10-12 lbs) and my last baby was an even 13 pounds. I'm going for a reduction here.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#73 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
mama in the forest - looks like you're losing your tiara (or your which was ultimately chosen for you). it now goes to Buzzer Beater. congrats and welcome!!!

Buzzzer Beater, I pass the torch to you my dear. Welcome!!

BB, you know, I get the you're crazy vibes too from people. I'm ok with being crazy.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#74 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 PM

thanks mama in the forest!
How's your family doing wih your pregnancy? How did you tell them? I've had some very cool reactions to my pg so far from a couple friends... why can't people just say wow good for you!
#75 of 103 Old 10-20-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannster View Post
Not really. While pregnant the first time, I noticed that the area got a little sensitive if I slacked off on my cereal so I dutifully ate it twice a day and had no problem. I had a c/s (never had any pushing) - but then not long afterwards, I believe I developed a fissure. Not sure why. After that cleared up, it was easily managed by eating enough fiber and limiting cheese. So...this pregnancy, I am again eating my shredded wheat every morning. Things were going without incident until one morning when we were out of milk, and I skipped the cereal. Then I may have had some cheese that day. And ouila! Get out the witch hazel! It took maybe 1.5-2 weeks of vigilance, and now I'm fine again.

It seems totally possible to me that if you have them after birth, they could come back during pregnancy. And yes, a lot of pregnant women get them (some very bad - I'm hoping I can keep this contained). You do not want to get constipated during pregnancy, which is something many pregnant women have to deal with. If you start having trouble with that, you'd better do what you can to fix it ASAP.
wooooow, zannster, i really appreciate this info. my sister warned me about getting enough fiber, but just because being constipated is bad enough by itself. i had no idea about this! maybe it will make you feel better knowing your sharing it made at least one preggo pick up the prunes again . i'm so glad it's manageable for you now, and hope it stays that way!

mamaintheforest, i'm ALL for crazy! i'm already starting to run up against differences in my family - have gotten some CIO advice, vax advice, and lots of diaper advice . so far, everyone is respectful, and as long as they are they can think i'm an absolute loon!

#76 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
samstress, . wish there was something we could do. have you looked into any herbal induction methods? it's so mysterious how your body is holding on, and i understand you need to move past this. i won't say anything else, because i don't know what to say, but i am thinking of you daily.
i actually called a friend of mine last night who has been through this three times. she took some homeopathic something or other each time. said she would find out the name of it and let me know. however, tonight when i got home, there was some blood when i went to the bathroom. can't say i'm happy, but relieved to know that something may finally be happening.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#77 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 01:37 AM

Can I join, even though I'm not technically there yet? I just got my BFP today, and I'll be 35 in a few weeks.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#78 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 AM

sam,

corasmama, of course! welcome and congratulations!

#79 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorasMama View Post
Can I join, even though I'm not technically there yet? I just got my BFP today, and I'll be 35 in a few weeks.
close enough, of course!

i'm assuming your recent bfp gives you a due date sometime in july. i can update it when you have an exact date.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#80 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello ladies! I am new to this thread, but recognize some names from the 40+ TTC

Sara 42/43, 48, Due Feb 21, 2010

I am 22 weeks now. I certainly don't feel as energetic as I was with my first (born when I was 36). I would like to think it has to do with all the packing and moving into storage, then being displaced for 6 weeks while waiting for closing on new house. And then unpacking and moving boxes around. Slowly getting settled. But I really think its my age at least the bendy part, not as flexible! I do feel pretty good, overall.

We also found a 2-3 week old kitten the day after we moved into the house and I have been looking after that. Giving me lots of practice!

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#81 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post
close enough, of course!

i'm assuming your recent bfp gives you a due date sometime in july. i can update it when you have an exact date.
Yeah, we're calling it July 1 (though it could be July 3, my temping was a little wacky this cycle)

#82 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorasMama View Post
Yeah, we're calling it July 1 (though it could be July 3, my temping was a little wacky this cycle)
july 1st it is.

SunRise and congrats!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#83 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 05:10 PM

Congratulations! And welcome to the tribe!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#84 of 103 Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 PM

First of all, welcome to the new pregnant ladies!

Now for the questions:

How far along are you?

14 weeks 1 day

How are you feeling?

Fabulous! Dare I say . . . almost not pregnant? My energy is slowing returning, I actually got back in the gym last week, and I think I see my sex drive peeking around the corner.

Just food in general. HA! Everything sounds good. Everything tastes good.

Everyone is completely thrilled. MIL says that she talks to the baby every day (which seems both sweet and slightly creepy to me, but she is so excited she can't contain herself). My mother has begun digging out my 36 year old baby stuff from the basement. I doubt that half that stuff is even legal anymore, but she just can't wait to have a grandbaby around.

So, all in all, so far, so good!
#85 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 07:52 AM

yay, sorin, so glad, on all points! i remember how the exhaustion really had you in hand for awhile...

all you ladies, if you have any advice, i'd appreciate it. i seem to have a bad cold - major conjestion, terrible cough, headache. seems more like a cold than the beginning of a flu. anyway, any advice on herbal/natural suppliments or therapies to help? i'm pumping up the vitamin C, have elderberry syrup, fluids, echinacea tea... really hoping i don't develop my old friend, bronchitis.

#86 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 AM

I'd stay away from the elderberry. It's contraindicated this season, because of H1N1.

#87 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
yay, sorin, so glad, on all points! i remember how the exhaustion really had you in hand for awhile...

all you ladies, if you have any advice, i'd appreciate it. i seem to have a bad cold - major conjestion, terrible cough, headache. seems more like a cold than the beginning of a flu. anyway, any advice on herbal/natural suppliments or therapies to help? i'm pumping up the vitamin C, have elderberry syrup, fluids, echinacea tea... really hoping i don't develop my old friend, bronchitis.
Garlic wards off illness

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#88 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 06:16 PM

and vampires. and blandness. IOW, garlic is your friend!

#89 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM

Hi! Just got my BFP yesterday, so I am not very far along, but I would love to join this thread!

livelovelaugh 36/37, 35, 7/2/10

Thank you!!
#90 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovelaugh View Post
Hi! Just got my BFP yesterday, so I am not very far along, but I would love to join this thread!

livelovelaugh 36/37, 35, 7/2/10

Thank you!!

Come join us in the July 2010 DDC!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page