pregnant and over 35 - october - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorasMama View Post
I'd stay away from the elderberry. It's contraindicated this season, because of H1N1.
i don't understand? why is it contraindicated b/c of h1n1? thanks!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#92 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovelaugh View Post
Hi! Just got my BFP yesterday, so I am not very far along, but I would love to join this thread!

livelovelaugh 36/37, 35, 7/2/10

Thank you!!
done!

welcome!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#93 of 103 Old 10-22-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
yay, sorin, so glad, on all points! i remember how the exhaustion really had you in hand for awhile...

all you ladies, if you have any advice, i'd appreciate it. i seem to have a bad cold - major conjestion, terrible cough, headache. seems more like a cold than the beginning of a flu. anyway, any advice on herbal/natural suppliments or therapies to help? i'm pumping up the vitamin C, have elderberry syrup, fluids, echinacea tea... really hoping i don't develop my old friend, bronchitis.
Esberitox is my best friend, whether I am pregnant, nursing or neither! Kids can take it, too! It's an immune booster and usually relieves those symptoms for me within 3 days. I buy it online because it's half the price than at the stores. HTH

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
#94 of 103 Old 10-23-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbigailGrace View Post
Esberitox is my best friend, whether I am pregnant, nursing or neither! Kids can take it, too! It's an immune booster and usually relieves those symptoms for me within 3 days. I buy it online because it's half the price than at the stores. HTH
this is interesting - i've certainly never heard of it, and i do take echinacea. i see it's echinacea + other things... i'll check it out more, thanks abigailgrace

#95 of 103 Old 10-25-2009, 08:13 AM

woah, we were on like page 3 or 4! so many new threads lately...

anywhoo, i'm volunteering to host november, unless anyone else would like to.....anyone?

has everyone given an update? keep 'em coming!

#96 of 103 Old 10-26-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
woah, we were on like page 3 or 4! so many new threads lately...

anywhoo, i'm volunteering to host november, unless anyone else would like to.....anyone?

has everyone given an update? keep 'em coming!
Why would anyone volunteer when you do such a bangup job? haha! JK Seriously, you are great and I am a slacker! But I do try to post often!

My 20 week ultrasound is in 14 hours... I am nervous and excited! Not nervous that anything is wrong, mind you, but nervous that it's another boy! Aren't I so aweful? Our oldest 2 are girls and they are 22 and 13 and the other 4 are little handsome men! So I am wanting another little girl sooooo badly! But I DO LOVE MY BOYS! And will be happy to love another one! It's not like praying is going to make things change at this stage anyway!

But my fears/hopes of twins are gone as I know there's just one in there... too much research on my part has told me that. And that's okay. I think every woman at some point or another wants twins.

Other than that, my appetite is picking up, which is good. I'm now able to eat things I haven't been able to earlier. Not because I was sick, but just NOTHING sounded good! For lunch today, I made chicken salad with almonds, coconut, mayo and oranges. One of my faves! And for dinner, we had tamales, spanish rice and guac! Mmmmmmmmmm....

#97 of 103 Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 PM

We are having one very healthy... baby boy!

It's okay... I cried on the way home and am okay now. I did this with the last one because I thought he was a girl, too! Then, I got over it and was so in love when he was born.

Now onto names...

#98 of 103 Old 10-26-2009, 05:28 PM

awwww, - i really am sorry you aren't having your little girl, but CONGRATS on the ultrasound looking so great for your little guy, abigailgrace!!

are you already planning the next one??

mmm, that chix salad does sound good. i love making curry chix salad with lots of purple grapes, craisins, apple, celery, onion, and curry of course! ever since i learned to put 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 mayo, i don't feel like it's so fattening either.

#99 of 103 Old 10-26-2009, 07:05 PM

Oh! Congratulations on your boy! I know. We kinda wanted a girl, too. But, boys are great! And they can kill all the spiders in the house for you!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#100 of 103 Old 10-26-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
We are having one very healthy... baby boy!

Congratulations!!

I'm still adjusting to knowing I'm having a boy too. I have so many boys!

I get excited just imagining the sweet soft smell of his little head!

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#101 of 103 Old 10-26-2009, 10:06 PM

Congratulations, AbigailGrace!

I know what you mean about the naming. If this LO turns out to be a boy (as I would be a fool not to expect), it is the naming that is so hard. I think it is harder when you are older too. At least in my case most of my family and friends had kids younger than me, so if I rule out those names plus the names already used on the other three, the pool just keeps getting smaller.

It will be awhile before I will see what we are having. Truth is, I think I will feel a little grief either way because I know this will be our last.

HW (40) DH (46) DSS1 (14) DSS2 (11) DS (3) DD (5/5/2010)
#102 of 103 Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 PM

Congrats Abigailgrace on your healthy baby boy! You will be instantly in love with him when you see him. And there's always the next baby.......
#103 of 103 Old 10-27-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneybeeWaterfall View Post
Congratulations, AbigailGrace!

I know what you mean about the naming. If this LO turns out to be a boy (as I would be a fool not to expect), it is the naming that is so hard. I think it is harder when you are older too. At least in my case most of my family and friends had kids younger than me, so if I rule out those names plus the names already used on the other three, the pool just keeps getting smaller.

It will be awhile before I will see what we are having. Truth is, I think I will feel a little grief either way because I know this will be our last.
Uhhhhhh, my last 3 were supposed to be my last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gon2be View Post
Congrats Abigailgrace on your healthy baby boy! You will be instantly in love with him when you see him. And there's always the next baby.......
Uhhhhhhhh, did you see how many we have already? Not from this body! (but I am still thinking adoption! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama in the forest View Post
Congratulations!!

I'm still adjusting to knowing I'm having a boy too. I have so many boys!

I get excited just imagining the sweet soft smell of his little head!
I know... all I have to do is look at my sweet little 2 yo and remember holding him for the first time... boy number 5 (in a row)... I'm still in shock!

Quote:
awwww, - i really am sorry you aren't having your little girl, but CONGRATS on the ultrasound looking so great for your little guy, abigailgrace!!

are you already planning the next one??

mmm, that chix salad does sound good. i love making curry chix salad with lots of purple grapes, craisins, apple, celery, onion, and curry of course! ever since i learned to put 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 mayo, i don't feel like it's so fattening either.
I did tell dh that I was!!!! But I don't think so... unless we are terrible again at 'natural planning!' And oooooh, I want that recipe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Oh! Congratulations on your boy! I know. We kinda wanted a girl, too. But, boys are great! And they can kill all the spiders in the house for you!
Yes, and my only dd HATES spiders!

Thanks everyone! A healthy baby is the best gift! (but I'm secretly hoping the tech just saw his umbilical cord in the wrong place! hahahaha!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page