Did you avoid all caffiene? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 10-22-2009, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my first, I cut it out completely other than the random sip here and there of DH's drink.

The first trimester of this pregnancy I was so sick I couldn't drink it if I wanted to. The smell alone would make me gag.
Now that I'm in the second trimester, I drink a cup a day.

- Jen, Mama to DS1 (02.04.05) and DS2 (02.11.10) & baby #3 due in early January 2013

#62 of 66 Old 10-22-2009, 01:40 PM

Nope, I haven't cut out caffeine. I allow myself one cup of coffee a day. Sometimes I water it down half and half with hot water and let myself have two. I think that of all the things out there with potential to harm my fetus, a cup of home perked organic coffee is the least of my worries. Also, for me it can be medicinal--I have been getting debilitating migraines and the caffeine does help with the headaches.

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010
#63 of 66 Old 10-22-2009, 06:58 PM

I cut back but didn't stop completely. I used to be a double espresso drinker, but I've mostly switched to tea. During the 1st trimester I was strictly green tea or decaf, but I'm more lenient now that I'm in the 2nd. I'll have half-caf lattes occasionally.

The one thing I want to add though is that black tea and coffee both inhibit absorption of iron. Anemia is pretty common in preg. I just found out that I have it and so I'm trying to stick to green tea and am avoiding coffee during the time of day when I eat iron rich foods or take supplements.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#64 of 66 Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 PM

This is her second pregnancy and throughout each of hers she drank 1 cup per day in the morning and avoided it on the weekends! This is my first and I'm so nervous that I avoided anything potentially harmful in the first trimester but I do have a can of pop in the morning to wake me up! 16 weeks and still exhausted!
Goodluck & Congratulations on your second little one!

*Courtney*
#65 of 66 Old 10-22-2009, 09:41 PM

I drank a cup of coffee everyday with my first pregnancy. Now, a coffee every other day. According to my doctor the coffee/ miscarriage thing is largely a myth. Large amounts have been associated with low birth weights.

homebirth.jpgh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif

#66 of 66 Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 PM

IGNORE ABOVE MESSAGE! Apparently, as you prob. all know, it doubles the risk...eeeks...

homebirth.jpgh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page