dull ache on left side, early in pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-24-2009, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm only about 5 weeks along i'm guessing, just found out last week. but i've been having a dull ache on my lower left side all day. it comes and goes and i'm thinking its probably implantation but i just don't know. no bleeding or anything else. any ideas? i don't remember it in my first pregnancy.
#2 of 6 Old 10-25-2009, 10:58 AM

Is it in the ovary region? If so it's probably the corpus leutum, (the cyst type thingy that forms where you're egg was and produces hormones to maintain pregnancy until the placenta takes over) Mine is usually dull pain and sharp at times and lasts much longer then when the placenta takes ove rafter the 1st tri. This is just MO so if it seems like that's not what's going on and continues I'd check with you caretaker.
#3 of 6 Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 PM

I agree with PP. I'd mention it at your first appt. I had HORRIBLE pains on my right side for a few weeks (they'd wake me up in the middle of the night screaming) and, even then, my OB didn't seem to think much of it. I asked for an u/s because, in my mind, there was no way that was normal and I thought for sure it was ectopic, but everything was fine. As long as you're not bleeding, I would just wait til your first appt or, if you need the peace of mind, call your OB and ask.

Mama to Jack (2/14/10) and Madi (2/14/12) luxlove.gif my Valentine's babies!

#4 of 6 Old 10-25-2009, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

the corpus leutum thing totally makes sense! it felt like ovulation pain and i couldn't figure out why that would be happening. thanks for explaining it! yeah i sort of figured if i wasn't bleeding and the pain wasn't severe i was okay but scary nonetheless.
#5 of 6 Old 10-25-2009, 07:34 PM

Sorry to hijack, but I'm experiencing the same thing: A constant dull ache on my left side nearish my ovary. I've been feeling this off and on (but more 'on') for over a week, and it's freaking me out. A corpus luteum cyst sounds sort of likely, but in my worried state I'm scared it's ectopic. But I just found out about the pregnancy 8 days ago - would I even be feeling ectopic pain yet if that's what it is?

I go in tomorrow for another beta. I guess I'll wait to ask then.
Sigh. I hate that I get anxious over everything these days!

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#6 of 6 Old 10-25-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick&jonmom View Post
Is it in the ovary region? If so it's probably the corpus leutum, (the cyst type thingy that forms where you're egg was and produces hormones to maintain pregnancy until the placenta takes over) Mine is usually dull pain and sharp at times and lasts much longer then when the placenta takes ove rafter the 1st tri. This is just MO so if it seems like that's not what's going on and continues I'd check with you caretaker.
I had this with my first pg. It wasn't a big deal and felt better after the first several weeks. They did a couple of extra ultra sounds to make sure it was decreasing, although I'm not really sure that was necessary.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page