April Mama's Feb 15th- 29th ~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 02-24-2004, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Christy-I am on so many supplements it's crazy. I didn't up my prenatals and too much vit c can cause contractions. I do however eat a massive amount of protein including shakes and I take Floradex for iron. I also put supergreens foods in my shakes and I take all kinds of other stuff. Unfortunately it's just hard to carry 2 and it compromises your body. I know it will be over soon and that's how I get through it all. Thanks for asking. That's cute about the OJ in the boobies. Lillie ask to nurse everytime she sees me naked and she's been weaned since October. I may let her nurse when the babies get here just to help out with engorgement. I'll have to teach her all over again.
#62 of 102 Old 02-24-2004, 01:12 PM

Hey, Kendall, you're doing great!!! At your point in my twin pregnancy, I was on complete bedrest with preterm labour and all that jazz.... Hang in there, lady! I KNOW from experience it ain't easy. I often look at those who have triplets, quads, etc and think they are NUTS!!!! Therez no way I would be able to handle something like that!!!!! Thank goodness, this one is our definite LAST one. We're going to double whammy this. I'm getting tied, DH is getting snipped! Done and donner. OH sh*t, I just saw the time and I have to get the twins ready for school and get cleaned up. I'm supposed to be meeting DH for "lunch" today....:LOL. I'm serious. Just lunch.

really. We'll have Hunter with us.
#63 of 102 Old 02-24-2004, 03:39 PM

kendall,
#64 of 102 Old 02-25-2004, 09:11 PM

I had my Dr. appointment everything was fine my bp was 120/60 and the babies heart rate 148. my weight was 165. My next appointment isnt intil two weeks. oh and I think my oldest daughter has chicken pox we shall see she hasnt complained about itching and she isnt running a fever she just has red bumps on her face I noticed the other day she had two now she has a few more today. Iam going to see what happens.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#65 of 102 Old 02-25-2004, 09:41 PM

Hi ladies. I am thinking of talking w/ my Dr. and switching my c-section date to 1 week later than it is. I had a tour of the hospital and there is no NICU... so if baby has any problems they are air lifted to Sioux Falls which is about 1 1/2hrs. away. I have heard of babies not being quite ready yet at 38 weeks, so this is why I am worried. Also, my ds was born at 39 weeks but still had to spend a short time (a couple of hours or something) in the NICU. (I was very out of it, don't remember his first few days but that's another story.) Right now my section is scheduled for April 2nd and I would be 38.5 weeks. I think that most likely everything would be fine then, but I'm not sure if I want to take that chance. Plus, I have small babies anyways so I'm not worried about baby's size and I've had a fairly easy pg so I'm fine w/ adding another week. But, silly me is worried that since I've already told everyone the date that they will question me as to why it is changing. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts for me that would be great! Thanks.

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#66 of 102 Old 02-25-2004, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Sarahmae I didnt understand why they were gonna do it so early anyhow. I would do it around the duedate. if you dont have big babies and everything else is fine at least you wouldknow at 40 weeks the baby is pretty much done!
christina!! How lucky. I have been wanting my kids to get the chicken pox!! I wanted themt o get it before the baby was here and with out risk to the baby after hes born and so small.. No luck so far! My nephew got them but not to bad cause he had the shot: They live in Indiana though so thats to far to drive for that Things going well here. Contraction contraction contraction! I have also noticed a difference in my discharge. YUMMY! : Its getting to be the more watery runny type like when you are just about time to POP... So we will see what the dr says tomorrow when i go. Maybe I will have him check to see if I am diealted or not! I am 33 weeeks. So who knows. I have a feeling this one is gonna come early and like Next month! We will see... Oh i got a box frommy mother in law today and she sent some onsies and sleepers and bibs and cloths and socks and a blanket and a stuffed toy that says the verse now i lay me down to sleep.. SO cute! Well I better get going. Dinner is almost done!
#67 of 102 Old 02-25-2004, 10:30 PM

Christymama if your contractions get worse I would go in sooner the reason I say this is because of your discharge. cant wait to hear about your Dr. appointmet for tomorrow. it is always nice to get stuff in the mail.

Christina

#68 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 12:39 AM

Hello, all! I havent posted in at least two months, having lost the thread somewhere I'm 33wks with my second child, who has very nicely turned vertex. We plan to birth at home (again) with a lay midwife. Unfortunately, my early screen for beta strep came back positive, so I am cramming vit C and probiotics to kick it before the 37 wk screen. I really not too worried, because my water didn't break until the very end with my son, and that helps keep the odds in my favor. Staying home and skipping all internal exams does too. I sort of would like a couple cervical checks, but oh well.

I am having a really fun pregnancy this time around. By 28wks with my son, we realized we couldn't birth at the hospital here (40% csec rate), so I secretly started dual care with the midwife. Didn't tell the OB or even friends or family, so it was pretty stressful and showed in my blood pressure, etc. This time everything looks great, and we have a supportive backup doctor, so I'm really relaxed about the whole thing. I've been doing some of the hypBirthing program, but sometimes she gets so off the wall about the power of the whole universe being in my uterus that I totally lose my concentration and have to laugh We have rented a tub from aquadoula, because I spent way too much time curled up in a tiny bathtub last time, and it *stunk*

My son and I spent a couple hours in the garden this morning planting out starts of broccoli, cauliflower, and lettuce. Lots more under lights upstairs. Gardening keeps me sane.

Now you know more than you ever wanted to! Good birth vibes to everyone!
#69 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

welcome back Biberin!!! Gardening sounds wonderful. I seem to kill everything I touch.. So i dont plant anything.. :LOL
I will fill ya in on my appt tomorrow mama's.. hoping i havent gained to much weight. I can tell the belly has gotten bigger though. Ya know i had a dream last night that this baby was gonna be 8 and half pounds! I woke up sore :LOL My biggest baby was 7lbs8oz at almost three weeks over. and she was 20 in a half inches long! I also noticed I havent had to many baby dreams in this pregnany. I have had a few here and there but not like before with the other pregnancies.. strange
#70 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 12:04 PM

Christymama that sounds like me I cannot have any plants I manage to kill them everytime I donnt mean too. but they always seem to die on me my DH teases me about it all of the time.

Christina

#71 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 12:27 PM

Really, I was fine w/ them doing it at 38.5 weeks because of course I'm axious to meet this baby and both my brothers and myself were all born at 38 weeks and were fine. But then I hear these stories and such. What really worries me is that there is no NICU at my hospital! So, I think I will talk w/ my Dr. about it and get his opinion. I will probably try to reschedule for about 39.5 weeks instead.

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#72 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Hi!~ Appt went well. I gained another 2 pounds: Heartrate was fast it was in the 160's and it had been in the 140's But they didnt seem to be alarmed.. He was moving around though so that could be why it was higher.. He has moved and now in head down position! YEA~~~ He checked my cervix to make sure I wasnt dialated he said every thing looks good. So thats great ..Had my GSB test. I reminded him that I was Pos with the other two babies he said he knows just wants to make sure and we are gonna do the treatment anyone in labor.. Makes me more confortable.. I go back in two weeks and then its every week! Time is coming near!! Hope you are all well
#73 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 04:38 PM

Good for you Christy! Glad your appointment went well. I won't be seeing the midwife again until the 16th of March. After that it will only be a few weeks away from my date. Yeah! We are all getting so close.
#74 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 05:37 PM

Sarahmae, the reason they do c-sections at 38-39 wks vs 40 weeks is to prevent you from going into labor. I practically begged my dr to let me go into labor and then section me (better for the babe) but he said that the first *real* labor contrax are prime time for uterine rupture. So, that's all I know about that.

Christymama, you really should watch that weight gain... NOT!!! :LOL

Ah, gardening. I just need plants that can handle massive neglect. I used to have a gazillion plants that were beautiful. Then I had twins... No more plant babies for me. They (the twins) also tend to rip out whatever I've planted. Fun for the whole family!!!

Well, we finally got this 'puter up and running... It's awesome. DS1, Connor, is going to be quite pleased when he gets home. Not only did I find five Pokemon books at Half Price Books yesterday, I also bought him the new Harry Potter Quidditch computer game. However, since it is a gorgeous day, I won't tell him 'till after he plays outside for at least an hour!!! :LOL

Christina, I'm glad you're feeling well and your babe is doing well. I feel like I'm going to split wide open any second now. I have a Doc appointment in one week, so we'll see!

I gotta go and clean up before the chitlins get home (kiddos). See ya...Wouldn't mind being ya!!!!

#75 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

LOL goodwillhunter you are always cracking me up! I have gained a total of 15 or 16 pounds now: looks like i am doing about a pound a week here lately.. if i keep on this pace I will gain about 21-22 pound not to shabby!.. Well anyhow it has to be all baby because i have in creased in eating . In fact nothing ever sounds yummy to eat .. Unlike with the girls you had to remove the fridge from my mouth!:LOL
#76 of 102 Old 02-26-2004, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the "compliment?" Just kidding, really... I like to laugh. Life is much more interesting if you laugh. I have ensconced the kiddos in front of the TV after I kicked them outside for 2 hours (I was out there, too!). I just had to hang up all the "hang up" clothing before supper got here. The other moms outside were talking about pizza, so, of course I had to order some. yummy in my tummy. We're having a pepperoni pizza (gee, who knew?) and one for me called the tomato duet. It has fresh tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, pesto sauce and feta cheese (DH always calls it "fetid" cheese...:LOL.

I just cleaned all of the downstairs of our house. I can't get my belly up the stairs without crawling (just kidding, but it certainly feels that way) so I'm waiting to clean up there untill this Saturday when DH is home all day and so am I. Then I can just sit up there and sort thru the kid's toys. AGAIN.

Duncan is asking for "cookie nuts." I have no clue what that is. At all. I keep asking him if he wants coconuts. He says, "yes." Like I'm gonna go out and get those. Not on your life. Messy and, well, I don't like dealing with 'em. Yep, just thought I'd check in....

Checking in.

#77 of 102 Old 02-27-2004, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

bump
#78 of 102 Old 02-27-2004, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I have gained a total of 15 or 16 pounds now
Wow, you ladies are doing great. I'm starting to feel like a whale hearing how little you all have gained. I have gained 21lbs (i'm just at 33 weeks). I gained 34lbs with my first...came right under the suggested 25-35lb!

It's funny how people view your size though...just this week i had one lady say, "wow, you're TINY!" and another lady say, "Wow, you're so BIG!" : most of the time i feel right about how i think i should. except when i'm trying to get out of bed in the morning....then i feel like a giant tortoise trying to turn itself over! :LOL
#79 of 102 Old 02-27-2004, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

afternoon ladies.. Today things are going well. Alot of baby movement/ Ever since my appt yesterday I have been thinking about the babys heartrate.. It was in the 160's yesterday.. It has been in the 140's for months.. Now when i was there he was movving around so that could bring his heartrate up right? Do you think the sudden jump should be somethign i should be concerned about. Or am i just being a worry wart? I feel fine and he has been moving alot. So thats good things right.. Sometimes i read way to much into things.. Well I hope you are all doing well today mama's...
#80 of 102 Old 02-27-2004, 05:49 PM

Christymama Dont be worried if your ob isnt worried you shouldnt be worried eiether. both of my girls heartrate went up to about that range at some point and they are fine. SO DONT STRESS OVER IT.

Christina

#81 of 102 Old 02-27-2004, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

My girls both had heart rates at about 160's all through out my pregnancy. I just thought it was kinds strange that this ones has been in the 140s and now is in the 160's my Dh said he better not turn out to be a girl LOL. he been waiting for a son forever.. I said well the penis just didnt fall off.. :LOL
#82 of 102 Old 02-28-2004, 12:10 AM

Hi everyone what is everyone up to for this weekend Iam going to start spring cleaning and getting rid of stuff I havent mention this yet but I maybe moving this summer out of state actually out east Massasuets Iam nervoius about the move but I know it will be better for us. so now I have to go through stuff and start getting rid of stuff I wanted to start potty training Kimberly but I think Ill wait intil after are move. Ill have alot on my plate with the new baby and moving so I think it would be easier to wait to potty train Kimberly when we are settled. this weekend Iam also going to my mil to get the bassanet I canot wait. I may also wash up Chloe diapers. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Christina

#83 of 102 Old 02-28-2004, 01:21 AM

Hey, Christy, maybe Spenser saw something that interested him.. You never know. Nor will you ever know!!! I think Spenser is peachy keen.

Well, today, after practically killing myself to clean the house, I felt AWFUL! DH always smiles and says "Serves ya right! You shouldn't be trying to do so much!" Yeah, whatever. Like the house is going to miraculously clean itself. I know he'd help, but I don't like the way he does things... Just one of those anal retentive things.

Anyway, I'm fine, now. I got two more boxes of Girl Scout cookies today. A girl scout who is homeschooled takes advantage of the Friday crowds at Wal-Mart (ick. I hate Wal Mart, but that is where DH got his new lenses for his glasses). Smart smart chica (girl). Soooo.... There ya go. I came home and tried to bribe Hunter to take a nap before the other kiddos got home, but no such luck...since my mom rang the doorbell and semi-woke us up. She did come bearing gifts, tho. Some meat, some cereal, things like that. She goes grocery shopping once a month at the air force base here and the food is waaaay cheaper than the grocer's. So, she brings us expensive items like that...

I made meatloaf, broccoli and cauliflower, and fresh corn on the cob for dinner. Duncan at it ALL. TWICE. Hunter ate 4 ears of corn. We don't call him the shoveler for nothing... My best friend came over with her little boy. She's all in a tizzy for some gala she's got to go to, since her mum is organizing it all. I told DH I'm glad we're poor and trashy :LOL. We don't have to go to things like that. I mean, we'd stand around for 20 minutes, bored, and then leave.

I'm sorry I'm rambling, but I'm beat. I"m going to get some cookies and go to BED!!!! Night night.
#84 of 102 Old 02-28-2004, 04:58 AM

well, i have been anxiously awaiting this weekend...dh and i are going away for a night ALONE for the first time since ds was born!! i am so excited. we are staying at this beautiful place on the coast between santa cruz and half moon bay. we totally can't afford it (i slipped and allowed our checking account to get overdrawn by $150 today!!! ), but we never spend money on splurges like that and i figured it was a justifiable luxury. it will probably be another 3 years before we get to do it again!

and, get this, i was visiting a friend this afternoon and i called dh's cell to see where he was at. he said he was just leaving our house (at 5:30pm). i asked him why he had come home so early, and he said he was hoping i would be there since he had a late function tonight. then he says...."oh, and i cleaned the house." i say, "really?" he says, "yeah, and i folded the laundry too." me: "YOU DID? did you even put it away??" him: "yeah, most of it. i didn't know where the sheets went though." me: he scored some MAJOR points today!!

have a great weekend, mamas!
#85 of 102 Old 02-28-2004, 11:01 AM

OOOHhhh..someone is going to be verrrrry happy this weekend, no? :LOL

I'm going to a boy scout function this afternoon...This morning I am going to La Madeline's for breakfast... then I'm going grocery shopping. Lucky me.

See ya!
#86 of 102 Old 02-28-2004, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Morning mama's!
Well last night there was a suprise shower for me. It was sweet. all the officers my dh works with wives threw it for me and so i really had only met these women once and a few I had never met at all. It started at 630 and we didnt leave there until about 1030 lol.. The women had the house and the men were all out in the garage area with the kids There was lots and lots of foods and cake and games... I kept getting told I wasnt very big: Then i also found out it takes 11 squares of Tolite paper to go around me and my big ol belly! LOL I felt uncomfortable at first being there because I didnt know these women.. But i left feeling very touched and overwhelemed and like I finally had some friends here.. It was nice! Got lots of little things like a tub and cloths and spoons and things like that and a nice photo album and sleepers and onsies and all kinds of things.. It was sweet.. Anyhow I just need to get the matress to the crib and a high chair and we are pretty much set.. woohoo woohoo.. i am excited.. I have a few boxes still coming. One from my mom and one from my best friend from high school.. Cant wait.. Sounds like you are gonna have a fun time on your date!!!! You go girl.. Good thing our already pregnant
well mamas have to clean clean clean today .. have a friend of dh coming to stay the weekend havent seen him since Alexia was ohh 2 and shes is 7 now.. Take care and have fun!!
#87 of 102 Old 02-29-2004, 10:44 AM

I keep having the feeling that something is going to happen soon and, so, I'm on my toes. Kinda. As much as I can be on my toes! I went to brekkie yesterday at La Madeline's French Bakery and Cafe. Then I went and spent waaaaaay too much on groceries (you should never never never let a pregnant woman go grocery shopping on a budget! ) I came home and my parents came by to see the kids (it's been a while since my dad had seen them) and then, I crashed hard for 3 hours!!!! We went to the boy scout function and by the end of it, I was grouchy, tired, and headachy (I mean, think of it 50 boys ranging in age from 5 - oh, say, 11 on a sugar high...!!!!!!) I thought I was gonna die!

We went home, I played my game on the 'puter for about 10 minutes, got the kiddos changed in to PJs and, well, I went to bed at 815PM. DH followed at 830PM. I couldn't believe it! We were all in bed, asleep before 9PM. Man, what a laugh!

DH keeps on saying that it will be easier after the baby comes. I agree wholeheartedly because I won't hurt, won't be tired...wait, of course I will! Except, well, and I know this is kinda taboo around this site..., I'll have prescription PAIN KILLERS! Thank you, GOD! C-sections are no fun to recover from. If ya don't have to have one, don't! Also, I'll have someone else to cook, clean, and keep up with the older munchkins.

Duncan (DS2) was especially cute yesterday. He saw ICE CREAM!!! He ice cream. Then, he saw, at the boy scout dealy, CAKE! Oh, I think he about split in two... :LOL He's too cute. The other day, I had dressed his twin, Natalie, in a really cute outfit and she was a looker! She went up to him and asked him, "Dun (that's her name for him) am I pretty?" Duncan, being male, didn't answer. She put her hands on her hips and said, exasperatedly, "DUN, AM I PRETTY?!!!" Duncan looks at her and says in the sweetest voice, "OOooooooo, Pretty!" I just couldn't stop laughing. It was tooo funny.

That's all, ladies. I'm at work, so I'll be here (on the board till 3) There's not much else to do here. All I do is monitor alarms and answer the phone. Sigh. Definitely not too intensive!

Lisa
#88 of 102 Old 02-29-2004, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

awww hello ladies.. Well Dh friend is here. We havent seen him in years. about 5! He is still sweet and shy and funny as can be LOL.. Hes is staying through tuesday.. The girls love him. Hes a big ol teddy bear LOL.. Its always funny to see how men with out kids react to kids He went with dh to work. So he will be doing a ridealong all day.. He will get to see what dh does all day which is something different then he does. He is a cop to but he works with the sheriffs department and dh works for the state. Alot of politics with the counties department.. : ANYHOW!
ACID REFLUX HAS LANDED! I was up all night last night.. Everytime i would drift off to sleep I would wake up coughing up acid YUMMY! SO i would get up and pop some tums in ! My back is all achy and i have the poopps today ! its a beautiful day today huh LOL. I know you love that pretty picture i just painted for ya !:LOL
Oh man Lisa I think i would be a little on edge after the boy scouts too! WOW.. Well tomorrow is March !!! Look for the new thread then! time is ticking away!!!!!!
#89 of 102 Old 02-29-2004, 01:34 PM

Christy, I'm tellin' ya, Pepcid Complete is the only way to go.

Adam has the hiccups. Poor kiddo. I keep on feeling a thump thump thump. :LOL
#90 of 102 Old 02-29-2004, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hey ya know what i heard the other day!! Spencer had the hiccups and someone goes oh the baby is growing! I said what they were like when you have the hiccups that means the baby is growing! LOL...:LOL Some of the things people tell ya!! : I may have to go check out the pepcid ac lisa! Its safe with pregnancy right.. 5 weeks to go hey 5 weeks to go hey!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page