April Mama's Feb 15th- 29th ~~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 102 Old 02-15-2004, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey hey mama's this is the last thread for Feb.. Then we will have the March one.. So We have 4 more threads after this one.. WOOOHOOO>>>~~~ I think once we have our babies we need to keep a thread going.. Maybe in another forum.. Somethign like April Mamas 2004 what do you all think.. That way we can keep us updated on our little ones and ask any questions that may come up about our new ones.. Whatever they may be.. Or just somewhere to vent and cry and have lots and lots of Joy.. What do you all think?? !! Welll I am heading to bed. Hope my night is uneventful.. So i can get some much needed sleep.. Take care mamas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 102 Old 02-15-2004, 10:14 AM

Oh, , I just posted on the old thread. Oh, well, what can ya do....
#3 of 102 Old 02-15-2004, 10:45 AM

Christymamma that is a great idea Iam up for it.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#4 of 102 Old 02-15-2004, 12:09 PM

OOps... Didn't read the whole post, sorry Christy!

Sure, that sounds like a fab idea. Count me/us in!!!!
#5 of 102 Old 02-15-2004, 12:53 PM

Sounds good to me too, even though I know I don't always post all the time.

I saw someone's earlier post about being 'super mom' or something like that... sorry I forgot who's it was. Anyway, I just wanted to say that just reading your post made me tired!!! I sah and my house is not always clean!

About diapers - I will be using disposables again w/ this baby because we live in an apartment and have to pay for laundry, plus I have too much laundry as it is! I really like looking at cloth though, and if we had our own w/d I would do cloth this time. Anyway, I really don't like Pampers diapers at all! I mostly hate the way they smell! We use Huggies and cheap store brand diapers here, same goes for wipes. My ds is potty trained but he wears pull-ups at night and uses flushable wipes when needed.

I think I told you all, but I will be having my c-section on April 2nd in the morning! I'm excited, nervous, and anxious to meet my baby! We have a girls name picked out, but are having a hard time finding a boys name that we really like and isn't too popular.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well! I've been having braxton hicks contractions and have been keeping myself busy getting ready for the baby, and keeping up w/ my ds and our activities.

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#6 of 102 Old 02-15-2004, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

OK Great~~ Once we get the first April Mama to pop then we will start the new thread..So we may have two threads going at once! One for the Mama's who havent had thier babies yet here and then for the ones who has In another Forum. Prob in the Life with babe one.. We will see.. I think Sarahmae might be the first mama to pop April 2nd will be here in no time Sarahmae. I am so very excited for you.. So you like your new dr then.. Thats wonderful. I to have had alot of braxton hicks. and the feeling of hes going ot be falling out. Pain and a little more pain.. I slept really great last night though!! So thats a big plus!
LOL goodwillhunter~ I gotta keep ya on your toes.. I like to sneak the new thread in here quietly sometimes :LOL

Did everyone have a nice Valentines day!? I didnt do anything like Usual.. Not even a card. We did however give the girls a Small box of chocolates each. They had about 5 peices of chololates in there a peice. Needless to say they scarffed it down LOL.. It was a treat for them. My youngest LOVES chocolate. But doesnt get it very much cause thats all she would eat if we let her:
#7 of 102 Old 02-15-2004, 03:48 PM

Oh, Christy, we had an AWESOME Valentine's day 'cause DH got a letter from the agent we sent the first three chapters of his book to....The agent wants to read the WHOLE thing. He stated he believes the book will be competitive on the commercial market. What a nice Valentine. I was soooo exhausted from working all day, tho, that I made Hamburger Helper and canned peas and carrots...:LOL Sorry, Mac (that's DH). He said we'd celebrate on our aniversary (The 19th of this month). Deal. He put my new 'puter back together and set up the old one for the kiddos on their little table. They have a big bulletin board (out of their reach due to the thumbtacks) with their artwork and good papers from school (mine included!!! :LOL). It's a little office! I can't wait to go home and make it more... Pretty, I guess. Still marking time here at work.
Oh yeah, I am also scheduled for a c-section on the 21st of April. Don't think I'll make it that long, but, hey, herez hoping!
#8 of 102 Old 02-16-2004, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

That is Just so wonderful Goodwill ~~ I hope this works out for your Dh.. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!!
I have a little bit of some gross tidbit.. I have had the run for the past few days.. I mean its not like i have to run to the bathroom type. Its just that sometimes my belly will gurgle and then I know I have to go.. Its not had hardley any form to it at all. I thought that maybe it was from not having my prenatals for a week or so but I have since been back on them and I still have it.. I know its way to much info but I read that it can be part of preterm labor. I really dont have any of the other symptoms of it. I mean braxton hicks but they arent that bad. I really dont want ot call the dr over it. I guess I can just keep drinking fluids and stay hydrated huh. Just wondered if anyone else has went through it ? UGH ok enough about me and all my funky body issues LOL
#9 of 102 Old 02-16-2004, 12:37 PM

christymama -
I've been having the same type of things off and on. I too am just drinking a ton of water and then I go and lay down and rest for a little while. I figure its probably just b/h because they stop when I'm laying down for a while, they don't get worse, and I haven't had a 'bloody show' or anything like that.
Now, I was never in labor w/ my ds so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's jmo. I'm going to the Dr. on weds. and plan on asking him about it all then.

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#10 of 102 Old 02-16-2004, 11:04 PM

Sigh, Christy, you are goofy, girl. I would have it checked out, just for peace of mind. After all, that's what the Docs are there for and that's what you're paying them for!!!!

Just got back from my Abnormal Psychology class. I'm having a hard time not diagnosing myself with, say, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or Schizophrenia.... :LOL

Turns out, I'm outta my Pepcid AC. I'm MISERABLE. I don't want to go to the store because, well, I'm home and I want to stay that way. I think I'll look pitiful and let DH go for me!!!! :LOL Right now, he's wrestling with the younger kiddos and Connor is glued to the "Fairly Odd Parents." For some reason they love that show.

I got my order in from Babies Under Wraps today. I'm kinda disappointed because most of the Stacinator fleece covers I got were white. I had ordered two red ones, but didn't get them. Guess she was out of stock. There is a disclaimer on the site about things of that nature.

My mom took Duncan and Natalie to the Stock Show today. Duncan told me a horse talked to him. He seemed rather amazed. Natalie was angry she didn't get to ride the ponies, but it was $4 a ride and the wait was an hour!!!!! My mom didn't want to wait that long with two 3.5 year olds... I don't blame her.

Oh, man, , just went over a baby gate and slightly twisted my ankle. Hunter keeps carrying clean clothes from the dryer and putting them on our bed. :LOL What a big guy!!!

Our dog got sprayed by a skunk last night. Let me tell you, that is the most DISGUSTING smell (apart from icky shorts) I have ever smelled. I spent all day trying to get it out of our house (it happened in our back yard, so it's in our house, too!). We sent our dog to the groomers today to help get rid of the smell. Mostly, it's gone on her. It's just in all of our clothes and all of our stuff. :LOL. I've been answering our phone "The Skunk House."

Hoping all is well with you, ladies and hoping DH will take pity and go and get me more Pepcid Complete. I'm gonna fry if we don't!
#11 of 102 Old 02-17-2004, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Let me tell you, that is the most DISGUSTING smell (apart from icky shorts) I have ever smelled.
I can relate! We just moved into our new house a month ago and it has smelled like skunk since Day 1...some days worse than others. We are pretty sure they are under the house. I almost left the other night to go sleep at a friend's house. I just know the dog is going to get it one of these days!

Preggo-life continues to be really painful. My varicose veins are excruciating...especially the vulvar ones. I'm starting to get scared that they will affect my labor/delivery process. I have an appointment on weds...will talk to my midwife about it. In addition, I continue to have general pelvic pain. I am assuming it is just a combination of loosening joints/veins/round ligaments that is causing so much pain. It takes me about a full minute just to roll over in bed because i get shooting pains in my vagina. And getting up to pee every hour just adds to the misery.

Anyway, blah blah. I'm sorry to do so much complaining. It's just hard being so miserable and feeling like no one can understand or empathize. Dh tries to be supportive, but there's just no way he can get it so it gets really easy to throw myself pity parties!

The positive news is that our little fish in there seems to be quite healthy and active!

Thanks for being here, mamas.
#12 of 102 Old 02-17-2004, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Good Morning Mamas!! Well Yesterday we spent all day out and about.. We came across this house thats a total steal! It is a new house. Built in like 97 or 98 . So pretty new. Has all solid oak floors. 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths. It has 2 and haf to 3 acres with it and hes selling it for are you ready! 75,000 This man built it himself and has to move do to illness. ( its out of town in the desert) .. I am sooo super excited. I can see us living there. And to have all that room. We only have a two bedroom now with soon to be three kids!!!! I am excited. Wish me Luck!!
I will ask my dr About my Problem with the well ya know the runs LOL UGH! Hey doc I got the poopies :LOL
As I mentioned we were gone all day yesterday. We got Hayley her Big girl bed! We got a Sealy matress and box spring for 178.00 Can you believe that .. Such a deal.. Gonna try and get her to slowly move into her own bed.. We also got Spencer his crib. So nice. Its all oak and had drawer under it.. Makes room for some of his things too.. This bed turns into a toddler bed and a fullsize bed. It is rather nice.. I also got a new dresser yesterday. Something we have been needing for awhile... So pretty!! So today we have to go to the insurance company and switch our car insurance over.. We still have Indiana Insurance and live here in Az.. So we gonna go do that and pay the year up so we wont have to worry about any payments monthly.. So that will pretty much take care of the rest of our tax return.. Damn money goes so fast doesnt it! :
I think Spencer has moved or rolled or something. I woke up with not so much a horrible pain but a very uncomfortable feeling on my right side. Now his head has been inbetween my ribs and hip bone on that side.. But i have been feeling alot of movement above my belly button like hes wiggled and hitting me there now instead of my pubic bone! So I will be excted to see if he has moved when i go to the dr on tuesday! ( 24th) .. well I better get going I have went on enough here... Take care mamas
#13 of 102 Old 02-17-2004, 01:34 PM

Just checking in here from the twin mom. I got my first official matching set of girl outfits from my mother today. I'm going to take them back because I need smalle sizes anyway, but I will look for different colors. I don't want to dress them identical. I know it's cute, but I feel pretty strong about their need for seperate identities. As soon as they are old enough to dress themselves they can do whatever they want. Okay-enough with the crazy rant!

I'm still in pain all of the time, but the maternity belt helps a little. I see one of the midwives tomorrow. The other lives a couple of hours away and I haven't met her, but she teams with my midwife for twin births. I'm praying that our tax return will be enough to cover our midwife payments since we have to pay 2 of them. It was a lot nicer when we were planning a UC and we weren't planning on paying anyone!

I'm trying to get out room decorated before the babies get here. I'm getting a new dresser for them and new night stands for our bed. I'm using an antique piece I have as a diaper changing table. I needed something with drawers for all of the cloth diapers. Only 2 months to get it all done. I'm feeling a little stressed, but trying to be patient.

You mamas all take care of yourselves!
#14 of 102 Old 02-17-2004, 04:38 PM

Hey everyone! Just can't believe how the time is flying, finally!

I'm having lots of BH, and they are starting to actually get stronger. Then last night I thought for sure this baby was going to pop through my belly button. He/she is a HUGE wigle worm, moves constantly and is SO strong!

For those of you that remember Adventuregirl from early on, I noticed she is pregnant again and due in September, yeah for her!

My pubic bone, and left hip are still killing me, sometimes I can barely walk!

Can't wait to meet the little one-I'm counting on March 30th!

We're getting closer to a final name, but its HARD!
#15 of 102 Old 02-17-2004, 05:46 PM

Hi mammas! I am so glad that these threads are here. It's so comforting to know that there are others with backaches, heartburn, and ultra wiggly baby syndrom.

We're still playing the name game, but finally DH agreed to Jack. Now I have to press for Jackson and call him Jack. I really like formal names. (His preferred name? Titus!!) :

I ordered my fluffy mail and it will be here Thursday.
I also just ordered my pump!! (thank you tax return guy!!)
With DS #1, we had trouble latching, so I pumped for 6 months and loved it! I stored enough milk for him to last unti he was almost 9 months old!!! (I was the milking mamma!) It gave me the benifit of sleeping and taking care of me while DS eats, and he has the benifit of my milk.
I am hoping to try both bottle and breast with this one. There are benifits of not having to tote around a bottle bag everywhere! I do worry about nipple confusion though...

I love the idea of having thread after our babies are born!
#16 of 102 Old 02-17-2004, 07:02 PM

oooh, I LOVE Jack!! How cute!

About the nipple confusion, Avoid introducing bottles and pacifiers for the first 4-6 weeks. By then the baby should be very comfortable nursing and shouldn't become nipple confused.

Maybe attend a LLL meeting before the baby is born, I used to be a leader, and always loved having new moms.

Keep in mind the most common problem with getting baby to latch is the positioning, make sure you have this down pat and things should proceed smoothly. Oh, sometimes the drugs a mama has during labor can effect the babysl latch-another thing to keep in mind.

Best wishes!!
Charity
#17 of 102 Old 02-18-2004, 01:24 AM

Oh, , forgot what I was gonna say. sigh. Must be pregnant mama brain...Mushy, like mashed potatoes. Oh, well, goodnight.
#18 of 102 Old 02-18-2004, 01:01 PM

Hi everyone just got back from my Dr. appointment I still have to take it easy intil 34 weeks they would like for me to hold out intil then which has me nervois Iam still having contrations but not as bad as I was before for those who have been getting contraction how bad are yours and how often are you getting them I get mine about every five minutes or so. my blood pressure was great it was 122/70 and the babyies heart rate was 139 beats per minute they gave me some info on the hospital I will be delering at. They are going to induce me at 38 weeks so I should have a baby around my Birthday.

Christina

#19 of 102 Old 02-18-2004, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Oh I love Jack too! We almost picked that name for this one!! It is a wonderful name woohoo !!!
Pretty soon it will all be over Bellafinn and we will all have our little ones here in our arms!! In the lnd of spit up and drool and poopy diapers.. Ahhh I cant wait. the sweet smell of babies! LOVE IT!!!
Spencer has been wiggling and wiggling alot lately Not really kickign so hard just alot of mvign around.. I hope that means hes movig in place.. Woohoo wooohoo..
I am so glad many of you are for the mommy group after the babies are here. I think we will need a place to vent cry and ask questions and just ask and offer support .. Ya know mama's.. Well I better get going I am hungry!! Talk to you later!!
#20 of 102 Old 02-18-2004, 02:17 PM

Christina,
I've been having contractions for weeks, probably BH though. I get them pretty often sometimes about every 7ish minutes, they have begun to be slightly more uncomfortable recently and actually last night they were starting to hurt a little, I got up and walked around last night when I was getting them and had some bad shooting/tingling pain in the pelvic area-I'm guessing the baby must have been pinching some nerves somewhere.

You may have mentioned, but why are you inducing at 38 weeks??

I've been is such a funk, feeling pretty icky these days. But I just have that wandering strange feeling, like what do I want to do now, what am I hungry for, and I don't want to do any work, I just want to sit around, and then I feel even worse. I find that if I can *make* myself get busy it usually helps.
#21 of 102 Old 02-18-2004, 04:22 PM

Okay, I had a long reply and everything, but Hunter just pressed a button and now it's gone. Hi and hope everything is well. Take care, mamas...Squishy, relax and take care of yourself..

We you!

Lisa et al.
#22 of 102 Old 02-18-2004, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

christina I have been having braxton hicks as well. Some days more then others.. Not real painful but some have made me stop what I was doing and was LIke OUCH! but nothing big i guess.. I have them daily.. But have had them where they were about 7 min apart for a few hours.. I think it depends on what I have done or if I have enough water in my system If i dont i tend to contract more.. Are you drinking alot of water? Why are you being induced at 38 weeks? Today is such a nice day we are going outside! Its 81 right now.. A little cloudy but ya cant have it all Take care mamas!!

Goodwill... Your last two post have cracked me up!! First one you forgot what you were saying lol then the last one it got LOSt :LOL Your day sounds like mine lately LOL
#23 of 102 Old 02-18-2004, 05:07 PM

Oh, I'd LOVE to have some 80 degree weather!! You're so lucky!

It's been below freezing here for weeks!
#24 of 102 Old 02-18-2004, 09:50 PM

I love you guys Thanks for cheering me up I needed it. they are inducing me at 38 weeks because with my last daughter I went really fast and Iam an hour away from the hospital. plus my inlaws live two hours from me so I figured if I got induced it would make it alot easier I was induced with Kimberly at 38 weeks because she was a large baby and my body wouldnt of been able to handle it my oldest daughter was bearly 7 pounds and she got stuck they had to use forceps on her which I didnt like at all. Ive been drinking alot of water so much that Iam really getting sick of it. but I got to do what is best for Chloe.

Christina

#25 of 102 Old 02-19-2004, 07:03 AM

Quote:
But I just have that wandering strange feeling, like what do I want to do now, what am I hungry for, and I don't want to do any work, I just want to sit around, and then I feel even worse. I find that if I can *make* myself get busy it usually helps.
Bellafin, I totally know what you mean. It takes major effort to motivate myself to do anything. I get up for two minutes, thinking I'm *really* going to get moving...then it's back to the couch (or the computer!).

Had a pre-natal appt. today. 31 weeks/5 days. Baby sounded good, b/p was 104/60, weight gain is 21lbs. My midwife assured me that all the pain i'm in is normal, esp with a second pregnancy. she also assured me that the vulvar veins won't be an issue (although she recommended that I not try to deliver in the squatting position).

dh and i were interviewed today by a local news channel about our hypnobirthing class. we even did a little demo for them. it will air next week. pretty cool!
#26 of 102 Old 02-19-2004, 12:42 PM

That's awesome to get to promote hypnobirthing like that. Getting out the message to the public that childbirth doesn't have to be unbearable. Excellent!!!

My midwife appoinment went well yesterday, too. Mommajubilee-what is your due date? I'm April 17. According to my MW, I was 31 weeks and 5 days yesterday, too! How cool. I'm measuring 38 weeks now. I've gained a little over 30 pounds so far and it's all babies which makes me happy because I blew up like a whale last time. Their heartones were 148 and 140. We think bottom baby has her head down, not engaged, just down, and top baby is still sideways and sort of laying under her sister. So basically I have 2 sets of feet at the top of my uterus and they are right next to the placenta kicking the day lights out of me. I do have a little bladder infection so I'm going to cleanse my liver today and get some grapefruit seed extract to wipe that out. I had to much sugar over Valentine's Day-fell off the wagon and now I'm paying for it. I don't have any swelling yet and praying I won't get any. I didn't last time. I'm meeting the second midwife on Monday. She lives a couple of hours away so she's coming to town. Her mother actually lives in my neighborhood and that's where she does her prenatals. How convenient!
#27 of 102 Old 02-19-2004, 01:45 PM

mum2lillie ~ my due date is also April 17. wow, twins! congrats. and i thought MY belly felt full.
#28 of 102 Old 02-19-2004, 02:05 PM

Alright we're due date buddies! My goal is to make it to my date and have big, healthy babies. Dd was 5 days past her date so let's hope the same goes for these kiddos!
#29 of 102 Old 02-19-2004, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

christina the more you talk about your life and pregnancies the more I swear we are the same people.. Not only do we share the same name!! But we both have two girls.. Even though this one is gonna be boy! LOl. I to have super fast labors and a hour away from the hospital.. Hey what is your middle name LOL Mine is Lynn..
I am so glad this thread has been so super busy the past few days.. Love it!
#30 of 102 Old 02-19-2004, 03:42 PM

Hi all. Sounds like we're all doing pretty good overall! I also had a check-up yesterday. Everything went well, looks good, etc.

I also got to meet w/ the lady who will be the baby's Dr. and go over my wishes w/ her and she seemed agreeable. My dr. is great, he said that they try and keep the c-section as much like a natural birth as possible w/ very little seperation of mom and baby. He said that he feels that you have a baby to be with your baby, not to have your baby away from you.

I've gained a total of 7lbs. after losing 10, so I'm still down 3lbs. which is just fine for me. I've only got 6 more weeks to go! I'm getting really nervous about having more than 1 child. I've been busy getting everything ready for this baby though. The co-sleeper that I ordered came the other day. My 3yr. old is still in bed w/ us so I had to figure out something for this baby since we just don't have room for another little one in the bed w/ us.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page