Achy Uterus - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-08-2009, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I am preggo. I have had many positive pregnancy tests. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I am very nervous because of a previous miscarriage.

My lower uterus has been achy all day, it feels like a fullness or a sort of pressure. I know all about implantation, but that has already happened since I had implantation spotting last week and now positive pregnancy tests.

It is just above the pubic bone area. Is this a normal part of growing a baby. I remember having this discomfort in my last pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage, so I am not sure if this is normal. I am not cramping like a period, just achy and can definitely feel my uterus.
#2 of 7 Old 11-08-2009, 11:17 PM

I had cramps for two weeks straight and my doc said it was totally normal. No issues so far and I'm 9 weeks now.

You could always call your doc and see what he/she has to say.
#3 of 7 Old 11-09-2009, 12:05 PM

I was crampy for a long time at the beginning and I understand that is very normal. I think it would be scary to feel if you had had a previous m/c, but it is normal.

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#4 of 7 Old 11-09-2009, 02:45 PM

Try not to worry! I had tons of cramping early on, just the baby getting nice and comfy in there!
#5 of 7 Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM

That sounds exactly what I felt like. It's my third pregnancy too, with a miscarriage last time, and I couldn't remember feeling that achy fullness (right around the bladder area) with my son. But I had noticed it all through the pregnancy that didn't make it, and when I felt exactly the same this time, it really was scary! It lasted for weeks and weeks, too, especially when I was lying on my back or riding in the car, for some reason.

But, I'm now 25 weeks pregnant, feeling kicking all the time, and I never even had a bit of spotting this time. So I think the aches can probably be written off as multiple-pregnancy stretching. Try not to worry any more than you have to.
#6 of 7 Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 PM

When I got pregnant, I was pretty sure I wasn't because of over a week of the aches you're talking about (which I normally get before I get my period). I even googled "how long can implantation cramping be" and everyone seemed to say just a few days at most. But I am totally preg so I think everyone is just really different!
Wishing the best for you
#7 of 7 Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

For those interested, I spoke with my midwife today. She said it is perfectly normal and a good indication of pregnancy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page