acne and skin troubles third trimester? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-10-2009, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just wondering if anyone else has suddenly gotten acne, boils and other skin troubles since their pregnancy started. I used to have very clear skin...in the past year I had some major stress (prior to pregnancy) and would get a boil occasionally (once every two months) and had a few small pimples, but since getting pregnant I have almost constant boils, acne on my face and also on my chest and even between my breasts. I have mainly heard that skin clears up during pregnancy but mine gets worse and worse. Has anyone else had this problem? does anything help? Does it go away after the birth? I feel very self conscious and topical tea tree, washing carefull, even garlic on the pimples does little. I eat mainly vegetarian diet (with some fish) lots of veggies, broths, nuts, dairy, eggs, beans etc. try to eat very balanced and wide variety. Any suggestions?? I want to feel beautiful as a new mom and also now in my third trimester but I feel embarrased.

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#2 of 14 Old 11-10-2009, 02:45 AM

sadly mine has gotten worse to i had a boil on my vjayjay lip it was HORRID i ended up haveing to use a warm compress and a pin to get rid of it blah! hopefully it all goes away!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
#3 of 14 Old 11-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Just wanted to say I'm in the exact same boat. It's so very embarrasing to go out in public, but there is really nothing I've been able to find that's worked. I've always had trouble skin, but starting in the first trimester, it just got so bad, it actually scared little kids at work! I wash twice daily with Natralia and use emu oil as well. And I see a teeny bit less development of the big acne boils, but no real big improvement. I'm just hoping it goes away after the baby is born...
#4 of 14 Old 11-11-2009, 06:22 PM

I've had the same issues. I'm barely in my third tri (as of today ). It hasn't let up since I found out I was pregnant though, so I'm not too hopeful it will during these last few months. I just keep thinking about 6 months from now or so and hoping that everything's back to normal (at least in that respect) by then!

Mama to Jack (2/14/10) and Madi (2/14/12) luxlove.gif my Valentine's babies!

#5 of 14 Old 11-12-2009, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to the naturopath next week so we'll see what he says about it and I'll let you know

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#6 of 14 Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 AM

Yes, but only these last few weeks - and frighteningly enough it seems to get worse with each passing week. My face is very oily now, breaking out like I did back in the day, and my hair is oily also. Just what I need when I'm already the size of a house and uncomfortable as hell. I feel pretty...oh so pretty....

...ooO*Ooo*ooO*Ooo...
#7 of 14 Old 11-13-2009, 05:37 PM

I had horrid skin in the second trimester and now being a few weeks from my DD it has cleared!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#8 of 14 Old 11-13-2009, 06:33 PM

I think it is hormonal which makes it really difficult to control. Too much washing/treatment can make it even worse! Basically I just wash with Cetaphil (sensitive skin, unscented formula). It definitely doesn't make things worse because it is very gentle.

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#9 of 14 Old 11-13-2009, 07:05 PM

Im also having horrible breakouts in the third tri.. i had great skin for most of the second tri, but the last few weeks I started to look like a pimple farm. . . haven't found anything that helps yet

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#10 of 14 Old 11-13-2009, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so glad I'm not alone! I had only heard of women's skin clearing up! Hopefully the naturopath can at least reassure me it'll go away after baby?

#11 of 14 Old 11-13-2009, 11:23 PM

Let us know if they have a solution!
#12 of 14 Old 11-14-2009, 04:27 PM

I'm in my 2nd tri and I'm healing up from a big yucky zit on my belly. It may have actually been a boil, I'm not sure. It was big and red and bumped way out. My husband started calling it a "nipple" It was kinda embarrasing when my naturopath checked my belly yesterday, she was like, "ooooh, that must hurt!" It doesn't hurt anymore though. Seems like I am really prone to breakouts when pregnant too. Haven't found anything that really helps.

Wife and mama, baby #2 due in May
#13 of 14 Old 11-15-2009, 04:08 PM

I'm only 7 weeks and my face is disgusting. I'm talking little white heads, giant under-the-skin-centimeter-wide painful lumps, red protruding pimples, and more blackheads than I can count. Plus oily itchy patches.

I"ve alwasy had problem skin, but this is gross. Nothing helps. Makeup can't even cover it.

It was never this bad with my first pregnancy...

What about homeopathics? Anything? I feel like I should have a bag over my head.
#14 of 14 Old 11-23-2009, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Well, the naturopath wasn't very helpful. He mainly said eat more veggies. So I have been having veggie/fruit freshly juiced in the mornings and my nettle infusion which supposedly can help with skin. I bet there is a homeopathic. I would love to go to the homeopath in town but it is a lot of $$ as she says, skin problems are usually complex. I can only guess hormones and maybe your liver being taxed with all it has to process/detopx during pregnancy? I don;t eat much sugar but I could definitely cut back...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page