Light brown spotting, a few questions... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am six weeks pregnant with baby #2 and I have been having some light brown spotting for about a week now. It started after DH and I were fooling around. (TMI: He didn't penetrate, just used his finger on the outside. So nothing rough.)
I never spotted at all with DD so I am not quite sure what to do. Should I just be taking it easy and basically be on pelvic rest?
We don't have insurance for a couple more weeks so I can't go get checked out yet. I am still feeling tired and have morning sickness. I don't have any cramping so I think/hope baby is ok.
If it matters I am still nursing DD 3-4 times a day.

Thanks!

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#2 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 01:22 PM

I had the same brown spotting at 6 weeks too. It turned out to be implantation bleeding. Not much you can do except take it easy mama.

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
#3 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMama01 View Post
I had the same brown spotting at 6 weeks too. It turned out to be implantation bleeding. Not much you can do except take it easy mama.
I'm curious about this, because I had some light spotting a couple days ago (between 6-7 weeks) and I found a couple of references online to implantation bleeding, but I thought they were misprints and meant to say "days" instead of "weeks." I thought implantation bleeding happened when the fertilized egg implanted in the uterine wall 6-12 days after ovulation? So what is implanting now, weeks later?

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#4 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 06:36 PM

Hi, I wouldn't worry too much. I had light brown spotting off and on from about week 6 to week 10 (I'm almost 14 weeks now). My OB said it was nothing more than a tender cervix and told me it might reoccur with sex and/or exercise. Good luck and best wishes!

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#5 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 09:38 PM

I wouldn't worry! I am now 39.5 week pregnant and I had several bouts with mild spotting (light pink and brown) in the first 6-9 weeks sometimes after sex, and sometimes just at random occasions. My midwife said it was totally normal, and very common. Many of my pals had the same issue... If you are still feeling all of your other preggo symptoms...I am sure you are good to go! I didn't have it again, even after sex past week 10 or so.

Baby to you all!!!!!
#6 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
I'm curious about this, because I had some light spotting a couple days ago (between 6-7 weeks) and I found a couple of references online to implantation bleeding, but I thought they were misprints and meant to say "days" instead of "weeks." I thought implantation bleeding happened when the fertilized egg implanted in the uterine wall 6-12 days after ovulation? So what is implanting now, weeks later?
I was told that it's just old blood from implantation coming out. It came at around 3-4 weeks pregnant and then again at 6-7 weeks. I was told that as long as it was brown and not red, that was probably ok because it wasn't new blood.

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
#7 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMama01 View Post
I was told that it's just old blood from implantation coming out. It came at around 3-4 weeks pregnant and then again at 6-7 weeks. I was told that as long as it was brown and not red, that was probably ok because it wasn't new blood.
I had brown spotting on and off for the first 6-8 weeks...it seemed to be exacerbated by exercise (probably because the movement was forcing it out). I'm now 21 weeks and haven't had any problems since.

SuzieQ (27), wife to my wonderful husband of 5 years, mom to a beautiful baby boy born 3.28.10
#8 of 8 Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I had read in a few places that it was normal but I guess I just got a little freaked out. Like I said, I had ZERO spotting with DD so I wasn't sure how to react. Thanks again!

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page