How do you keep up your fitness routine with a toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2009, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first pregnancy I was able to workout the whole time. This time around I'm having a much harder time due to my 21 mo. old. All summer we ran in the morning in the jogging stroller, then I would go to the gym on the weekends when DH was home. Now that the weather is cold we're not going out in the stroller and I'm finding that I'm too tired to get up at 5:30 am to go to the gym before DH goes to work. I've tried taking her to the gym daycare and it's not pretty, so that's out of the question. I've tried doing a workout in the family room with her playing with toys or watching Sesame Street (the only time I allow it), but she's constantly grabbing at my leg and I really can't get anything done.
So how do you moms do it??!
Thanks!

Mom to 2 amazing girlies, Feb. '08 and May '10.joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't. And I hate it.

My main exercise was riding with some walking, swimming laps with DS in a boat that I would use as a kickboard, pilates, and ab work. Well, riding? That's out now. Pool? Closed. Abs? Nope. Pilates? Too much strain on abs.

In the AM DS has various classes that we both attend so morning walking is out. Then comes lunch, then the nap, then errands or the playground or whatnot, and then I'm making dinner, and then I'm passing out between bites.

I also worked out when I was preg with DS. Walked almost 5 miles daily with ankle weights. Now? I'm 10 weeks along and nothing but flab already. And I worry that this baby won't be as healthy.

I'm looking for solutions too. OH. And can I mention that DS HATES his stroller and I get too dizzy with him in his ergo? So I can't even pop him in there and walk.

User Tag List