What do you do for a stomach virus while preg? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2009, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure that's what I have, anyway. I'll spare you the details

I'm almost 34 weeks, don't like to take anything unless I have to, obviously, but I'm open to herbal/nutritional soothers. Never had a stomach issue while pregnant before. Can I just say ouch? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there,

I just had a stomach flu that lasted for 2 weeks. It started with vomiting and then turned into diarrhea for two weeks plus nausea. The less I ate, the worse the diarrhea and nausea became.

But I did learn a lot about coping with stomach problems during this experience. If you're having nausea, I would suggest ginger capsules twice a day, homeopathic remedies like nux vomica and ipecacuana. Occasionally I eat a tums when my stomach is burning.

If you're having diarrhea, try integrating the BRAT diet into your foods (Bananas, Rice, Apples/Apple sauce, and Toast). Drink fluids with electrolytes like Pedialyte, or a more natural alternative, emerge-n-c or however it's spelled. Try to not stop taking your pre-natal vitamins as I found it contributed to my nausea when I wasn't taking them. Now that I'm finally back on them, I haven't had it as strong.

Good luck with everything. I am still recovering and I wouldn't wish my experience on anyone!

First time mama to sweet *~....:: Eden Magnolia::....~*  4/3/10

User Tag List