Jan/Feb Mamas (Feb 19-??) Endings and Beginnings - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 02-19-2004, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Previous thread link here

Current graduates:

Megs Mom: Twins Boy/Girl Patrick and Catherine born Christmas Eve!
Milkfacemama: Twin Girls! Sadie and Ella born on Jan. 5!
carrots: Boy! Elias Aaron on Jan 8th; homebirth
Mothra: Girl! Vivian Kate on Jan 10th; 4 hour labor!
mherle: Girl! Katja Juliana on Jan 10th; homebirth
MomInFlux: Girl! Audrey on Jan 15th; UC at home
Jen PN: Girl! Camilla Frances on Jan 15th; homebirth
Mothernature: Boy! Xander Scott on Jan 16th; UC, waterbirth
Imonion2: Boy! Dominic Walter on Jan 19th; 3 hour labor!
saintmom: Girl! Joy Rose on Jan 22nd; "rebozo" birth
jess7396: Boy! Sean on Jan 23rd; C-sxn birth
EmmaJean: Girl! on Jan 24th; homebirth, 3½ hr labor!
2much2luv: Girl! Eden Elizabeth on Jan 26th; UC homebirth
USAmma: Girl! Nitara on Jan 27th
its_our_family: Boy! Bryce Jeremy on Jan 29th; C-sxn birth
SBFmommy/Devrock: Boy! Alexander Philip on Feb 2nd; Groundhog Day baby!
MamaOui: Girl! Elsa Shea on Feb 3rd; VBAC birth
Karry: Boy! Nikolas William on Feb 3rd; 2 hour labor
chie96: Girl! DD#2 born on Feb 5th; VBAC birth
mom2anna: Girl! Katrina Laam born on Feb 7th; 2 hour labor!
DarkHorseMama: Boy! Owen Derek on Feb 8th; VBAC birth
Mamajamz: Boy! Liam Patrick on Feb 12th; water birth
ChasingPeace: Boy! Ali Mustapha on Feb 15th
tanjarine: Girl! born on Feb 16th; homebirth

February EDDs:

milkymama: any day now!

Mountainmommy: baby Rhiannon due Feb 2004

Joannect: EDD 2/13

pollyanna: EDD 2/14

Alstrameria: due February 20 (that's what I say)...taking a month off work to not relax with my sunny toddler

PM me for changes, please!

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 02-19-2004, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Checking in (guess I should since I re-started the thread)

We have been busy getting everyone situated into their new lives. DH took last week and this past Monday off work, but has resumed his time away from us now. DD has been a whirlwind of regression and advancement...all at the same time! DS (feels strange to type that!) is a sweet little lamb that nurses and sleeps and looks around quite seriously when awake. He doesn't much care to be alone, but loves his KK pouch. He's already bigger than my DD was at this age (and she was huge) and has definitely topped 10 lbs at this point...well past his birthweight and not even to the two week mark yet. He had/has a bit of a shallow latch, but I'm not very sore from it and DD is helping with the engorgement issues.

Hang in there mamas-in-waiting! Still with you in spirit!

Oh...and pics!
http://www.porteous.us/sav/showpics.asp?go=39
http://www.porteous.us/sav/showpics.asp?go=40

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#3 of 30 Old 02-19-2004, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the new thread Doni!

I saw the midwife today and I'm 2 cm and 2/3 effaced, yay! Right now I'm freaking out because I can't find the locking clip for the baby's car seat...argh!!

How's everyone else doing?

Jen
#4 of 30 Old 02-19-2004, 08:04 PM

Katrina Laam arrived on February 7 at 3:45 AM. I started having ctx at 2, we called the midwife at 2:45 because I could feel the amniotic sac bulging. She said to stay home a little bit longer, but about 15 minutes later I could tell that the baby was going to be coming soon. My DH called the midwife back and she had us meet her at the birth center. Sure enough, I walked in the door, leaned up against the back of the couch, and my water broke with a huge splash. Katrina pretty much fell out into the hands of our midwife and my DH. I didn't even have to push! My dad was there with our 2 year old, Anna, so she got to see the whole thing. After the birth she said, "Mom, you peed!" I think the amniotic fluid must have impressed her!

We are all doing well. Katrina is a content baby so far and took to nursing like a champ. I am using my cloth diapers and love them so far. Anna is a bit jealous and is rather needy and clingly these days, which gets frustrating, but we are managing.

Congrats and best wishes for all of you mammas and babes.
#5 of 30 Old 02-19-2004, 08:22 PM

Sara

Yeah! Now, that is an ideal birth, IMO Congratulations!

Come join us over in Life with a Babe!

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#6 of 30 Old 02-20-2004, 01:27 AM

Hi! It's taken me awhile to log on to my computer, but Ali Mustapha was born Sunday, February 15 at 7:07 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs, 15 1/2 oz., and was 21 inches long.
Birth story to follow...

Congratulations to the other new moms! To those who are still waiting, I'm sending you labor wishes!
#7 of 30 Old 02-22-2004, 01:25 AM

Congrats, CP!!! That's awesome! He sounds just perfect, and born a day shy of valentines. I hope you post more about the birth soon!

Has our thread died?? It's been pretty Maybe that means all these "late" mamas had babies and are too busy to chat. Keep us posted please!
#8 of 30 Old 02-22-2004, 03:18 AM

It's a BOY!!!

Liam Patrick was born Feb. 12, at home in the water. He was 10 lbs even, and 22 and a half inches long! It has taken me a while to post because I haven't been able to sit after pushing this big boy out! :LOL It was a fast labor. (well, if you don't count the whole week of prodromal labor that was making us all crazy.) I had a couple of ctx that felt "different" and more of my mucous plug through the night. I thought maybe that would be the day, but I went back to sleep. Then... POP! My water broke at around 6:30...called the midwife who got here about 10 min. after 7...I'm told pushing lasted about 10 minutes and he was here at 8:49AM. He was so big I couldn't tell the head from the body, like one big continuous burn until he was all the way out! Whew! He had a bit of a slow start, but his heart rate was fine so he pinked up soon enough. It was a beautiful experience, the best day of my life!!

I'll look forward to catching up on the other birth stories....Congrats, mamas!! Anyone still waiting? Mountain?
#9 of 30 Old 02-22-2004, 11:02 AM

congrats mamajamz and mom2anna and chasing peace!!! i'm glad to see more mamas have delivered.

mountainmommy, how you doing??
#10 of 30 Old 02-22-2004, 07:37 PM

yay!! congrats mammas!!!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#11 of 30 Old 02-22-2004, 08:02 PM

Congrats mamajamz and ChasingPeace!!!

I love the name Liam Patrick BTW- if I were to ever have another boy, it would be Liam, and Patrick is my Daniel's middle name

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#12 of 30 Old 02-24-2004, 12:08 PM

Flynn Thayer was born last night at 7:38, 8'14 lbs, 22 inches at home in the water.....Finally!!!!!!!!! Nursing like a champ!
#13 of 30 Old 02-24-2004, 12:51 PM

Yeah! Congratulations mama! I am so impressed by those who get around to posting so soon

#14 of 30 Old 02-24-2004, 04:16 PM

yay milkymama!!!! A good size boy too

#15 of 30 Old 02-25-2004, 12:24 AM

Congrats, milky! That's awesome. Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad your babe is nursing well right off the start. Take care of yourself! And enjoy your babymoon!
#16 of 30 Old 02-25-2004, 01:26 AM

WOOHOO!! Congrats Milky!!
#17 of 30 Old 02-25-2004, 12:48 PM

Evelyn May was born Feb 20, 4:36 pm. She was 7 lbs 12, 20.4 inches long. Labour was four hours, pushing was 6 minutes (which cracks me up - long 6 minutes!!) My midwives were great, no meds ar other stuff (although if someone had come along with something I might have taken it - this birth was painful!)

We are doing well, I've been so obsessed with bf I haven't posted; I have sooo much milk, but we're doing pretty well.

Congratulations mamas!
#18 of 30 Old 02-25-2004, 02:05 PM

Congrats mamma!! Wow....6 minutes..... that is such a long time..how did ou manage

All these new babies!!! Soooooo exciting!!!

#19 of 30 Old 02-26-2004, 10:34 PM

daniel james born on feb 18th. 7lbs 1oz and 20 1/4 inches long.
talk more later NAK

Pollyanna
#20 of 30 Old 02-27-2004, 12:43 AM

Pollyanna, I love his name--James is my ds' name He sounds just perfect.

And alstrameria, Congrants on your perfect evelyn!! And a wonderful birth. So who was there with the stop watch to time your pushing?? That's awesome. And we have all been there in birth, having a moment of "If someone offered me drugs I'd take em!" At least most moms I know! But then you know you're almost there. Way to go w/ all the milk!

Thanks for the updates! I can't wait to hear from Mountain. Is she the only one left???
#21 of 30 Old 02-27-2004, 09:12 AM

Woo Hoo new mamas. Wasn't all that waiting worth it?
#22 of 30 Old 02-27-2004, 11:14 AM

unexpected birth on the 18th

I went in for an appointment with my midwife and was still measureing small so another u/s to make sure everything ok.(but wasn't) They found low fluid, so sent me for a non stress test and found Daniel wasn't dealing well with the braxton hicks contractions I was having. The decision was it was best if the baby didnnt go through labor.(low heart rate during contractions)
Daniel was born at 9:29pm by c-section.

Pollyanna
#23 of 30 Old 02-27-2004, 12:16 PM

Pollyanna

So glad to hear that all was ok in the end, sorry things didn't go as hoped, but Congrats on your baby, I am partial to the name Daniel- it's my ds's name

If you want to- check out the Cesarean Support threads in Birth and Beyond, it's a great bunch of women who have BTDT.

#24 of 30 Old 02-27-2004, 12:20 PM

YAY for healthy babes!!!

ditto what Patty said....we are a great bunch of women

#25 of 30 Old 02-29-2004, 01:55 AM

wow...goodness knows when the last time someone posted here was!

we have been enjoying our babymoon also... so much so that this is the first time I have been on mothering since the birth!

Rhiannon Elise Colvin was born on Thursday February 19th at 12:19pm..she is now 9 days old and we're all totally in love with her!
my labor was 12 hours...woke up wed night with "serious" contractions and had my doula come over. we labored at home for 3 hours until I was getting nervous about my comfort level on the drive to the hospital...arrived at the hospital around 4am and went into transition soon after, although transition took awhile! I labored in the tub for about 2 hours i think.
At the end of transition something kept on telling me to get an epidural...this wasn't my plan but I was really scared of pushing without one for some reason...so I got a late epidural and pushed for 3 hours...it turned into a labor party after the epidural..the whole tone of the room changed and we justhad fun with it...I could still feel enough to know when to push and so I made it through without any serious coaching...no counting or anything. The doctor eased me through crowning wonderfully so I didn't tear at all, and Rhiannon was born into her Daddy's arms.

we bonded and nursed for about an hour and then a serious wrench was tossed our way...they discovered that Rhiannon had punctured a hole in her lung by inhaling too hard at birth..it's called a pneumothorax and happens to about 5 in 1000 babies. It wasn't too big of a deal, but did necesitate getting her into the special care nursery. They put her in an oxygen hood, which heals the puncture I think....did x rays and then determined that she may have an infection in her lung, so put her on an antibiotic IV....etc etc (once you get down there it seems like they muster up about 100 things that could be wrong with your baby for you to worry about)...needless to say I was a basketcase. The whole ordeal lasted 5 days but the last 2 and a half weren't bad because Rhiannon was off most of the machines by then...just sort of under observation...so they let us both back in a family room together. By that time I knew that she was fine and we were both together in a full size bed in our own room with a wonderful nurse looking after us..she was from new york and had 6 kids..the last of which she had nursed until 4 yrs old! She was so supportive of me and my choices it was amazing.

Rhiannon and I came home this past Monday and we've had a lovely week getting to know each other as part of a family of 4. Toby is doing great with it all, as well! Everything feels really good, and needless to say, probably thanks to no coached pushing and a well supervised crowning, my recovery feels almost complete. Rhiannon was already above her birthweight when we were discharged and had grown half an inch in length as well! At birth she was 8 lbs 1.4 ounces and 19 inches long.

Congrats to all the new mothers...I will post this on both pregnancy and newborn forums and hope to be in touch more now that our stint in special care is over!

happy babymoons to everybody!

Laura
#26 of 30 Old 02-29-2004, 02:29 AM

Congrats!!

I understand the worries about special care! Bryce was in an oxygen tent for 30 hours. They just look so helpless under there.

But I'm glad all is well now!

So is that it or is there someone else left??

#27 of 30 Old 02-29-2004, 04:49 AM

Congratulations Mountainmommy!!! I'm glad you are both home safe and sound, and that little Rhiannon is just fine now. Looking forward to seeing you in Life With a Babe.
#28 of 30 Old 02-29-2004, 08:32 AM

Congratulations Mountainmommy! I'm glad you had a smooth labor and that Rhiannon is doing well now. Isn't great that the rough start is over and you can all just be a family? The day after I had my dd, my ds#1 was diagnosed w/ pneumonia. Four days later, ds#2 was hospitalized with RSV. At 13 days old, my dd was hospitalized for a couple of nights with RSV. It was crazy, but now it's over and it's great to just be all together.
#29 of 30 Old 02-29-2004, 10:36 PM

wow. yes..it seems that quite a few of us had the ordeal of hospitalization to manage!

is the jan/feb babies board still up and running on life with a babe? i can't find it!
#30 of 30 Old 03-01-2004, 12:22 AM

bumped it for ya

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page