longest miscarriage in history? still pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-04-2009, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My LMP was 11/1. I got a positive pregnancy test on 11/20. I was keeping track and this was a week after the only day DH and I dtd. Early I know, but it was very dark and came up very quickly. SO- I've been having spotting/light bleeding since two days later- so for 12 days now. I took another test and it was still a very dark and immediate positive.

My obgyn didn't want to see me yet and blew it off as implantation bleeding Really? 14days after my bfp could I really be having implantation bleeding???

Does anyone have any possible scenarios for what could be going on here?
#2 of 10 Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 PM

I had a miscarriage over 45 days. Never took a test until I had been bleeding for 19 days and finally called the doctor. They told me to take a test. The hcg levels increased the next time they were checked but hadn't doubled. Then they started to decrease. It lasted for about 45 days with maybe 3 days in there where there was not at least heavy spotting.

Good luck to you.
#3 of 10 Old 12-04-2009, 10:30 PM

Could be bleeding for many different reasons, including miscarriage.

We had a patient at work who got a postive and then some really heavy bleeding for about 2 weeks. She then bled irregularly for a while and came in at some point for a fertility related ultrasound thinking it was the 3rd day of her period and there was a healthy 14 week baby in there.

A friend of mine had some heavy bleeding in early pregnancy too and it turned out she had some massive fibroids but it was still a had a normal pregnancy.

My point is that the only way to know right now is to get blod tests 2 days apart to see the evolution or wait until you are 6-7 weeks and get an ultrasound.

Single mom to E (2004) and D (2010)
#4 of 10 Old 12-04-2009, 11:07 PM

i had two separate occasions of heavy bleeding before i even realized i was pregnant. actually i took a test the same evening of the second bleeding. anyway, i had no idea what was going on so i called an ob the next morning and they actually got me in that day. the ob did a quick US and we saw a baby with a heartbeat and a large subchorionic hematoma. they are apparently very common and often disappear by 20 weeks but sometimes cause a miscarry. luckily mine is disappearing but that could be a potential cause of your bleeding. there isn't anything they can do for it but generally they say if the blood is dark, old blood then don't worry about it but if it's red than it can be a problem. mine was very red when i was bleeding but after those episodes it stopped completely.

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#5 of 10 Old 12-05-2009, 01:21 PM

With my first pregnancy I bled for 9 days after the positive blood test (had been bleeding for 3 before, so 12 days total. sometimes it was bright red, sometimes brown or pink. But it did eventually stop and everything was fine.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd give some thought to if your ob is going to provide the care you deserve.

Wife (32) to DH (33) Mom to DS 2 and Twin DD's born 8/11
#6 of 10 Old 12-05-2009, 06:07 PM

Maybe it is just spotting? (hoping for you). My friend had a miscarriage and I don't know the full details, but it lasted like... 3 months. Then finally, they didn't ended up doing a D&C because all the baby's tissues were absorbed.

Hope you are doing okay....

Mommy to DS 6/08, Expecting :
4/10 by c-section.
#7 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 AM

I had some heavy bleeding with #2 for two weeks. I didn't get my BFP until near the end of that time frame, but I get notoriously late BFPs -- with this one, I got a BFN at 21 or so DPO and didn't test again until 28 DPO, when I got a BFP. I know from when I had sex and from ultrasounds that I was probably around where you are now when I finally did get the BFP.

My midwife was also not at all worried about it, and she didn't even suggest that I stop nursing my 6 month old.

I don't know what your schedule has been like, but I know that my bleeding dried up pretty quickly when I started to take it really easy, staying off my feet almost entirely for a week or so.
#8 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for the honest answers and experiences. Just hanging in there, waiting for a few weeks- and shopping for a new obgyn...
#9 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 08:12 PM

There is some kind of spotting that can occur around 6 weeks. I can't remember what it's from.

My miscarriage lasted over a month but that was at 14 weeks and it wasn't spotting it was full on heavy period bleeding.
#10 of 10 Old 12-06-2009, 11:10 PM
srs

I've had four pregnancies, two ending in miscarriage, and spotting/bleeding in every one. First miscarriage I had six weeks of bleeding, second I had 12 days, and a lot less pain. Third pregnancy I had spotting for 20 weeks and a healthy baby girl, and this pregnancy spotting for maybe two weeks at the beginning, and I'm now at 37 weeks. So a lot of different things can happen. Good luck and I hope everything works out okay.

DD 04/07 DS 12/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page