Pregnant, 35 and older - DECEMBER - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-23-2009, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Updated to here.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CONGRATULATIONS TO EARS73 AND GON2BE!!!

so happy for you guys!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:25 PM

OMG ears, i just read your birth story. wow!

sorry you had to go through induction, but you clearly worked through it amazingly!

Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
CONGRATULATIONS TO EARS73 AND GON2BE!!!

so happy for you guys!
Enjoy your baby moons!

I am still here...35w3d now. The good news is that my LO was breech at 32 weeks, and now is vertex! Now just stay that way baby till birthing time! All other signs are looking good, so now I just need to go through DD's clothes and get organized and wait! I hope all of you stay healthy!

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 PM

ok, if any of you need genetic testing beyond the combined screen, and you have a choice between the cvs or the amnio, may I suggest you get the amnio!!! I got the cvs today, and it was really, really painful. Way more than I thought it would be. It was like when I got my core needle biopsy on my breast and the lidocaine wore off halfway through. And to add insult to injury, my placenta didn't give up enough villi to do the tests, most likely. They're going to try to do some of it, but it's improbable that there's enough.

I'm lying here on temporary bedrest, cramping, and the place where the needle went in hurts like hell. And we're getting an amnio anyway, in a couple of weeks. (I couldn't handle her going back in after she looked in the sample and saw that there wasn't enough.)

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Yeah Just to clarify what I meant is that since becoming pregnant my sex drive has increased. Although with my dh I have always been pretty interested in it
So glad I am not alone

31 weeks and soooooo tired I am awake about 5 hours a day. I guess there is one blessing in DH being unemployed I just don't want to turn around becasue I will freak on my kids about how messy they are. Deep breaths. I also get to harrass my procrastinator to get some assignments done. It is the overacheiver in me thqat decided to take on homeschooling again but should havew rethought it when I realized it interfered with my sleep.

Anyone else larger than they have ev er been at this point in pg. I would swear--based on the last nine--that I am ready to birth NOW.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 PM

corasmama, . that is so upsetting, i cannot imagine! to go through that and have it not tell you anything. do you have to wait weeks for the amnio? maybe they could move it up since the CVS was unsuccessful?

suzannah, welcome to our little group. i hope some of what you're feeling will pass as you have time to process this new pregnancy. i'm sure feeling like crap doesn't help!

afm, 25 weeks and things seem to be going along fine. measuring well, have not gained tons of weight, baby is moving a lot and we can see it on the outside now. getting to spend tons of time with my family over the holidays, which is rare. starting to knit my first ever wool soaker.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:30 PM

Peace+Hope, thank you for that! I am feeling better (sometimes), and am much more at peace with this pregnancy. Breathing in and out and trying to enjoy it!

First midwife appt. on Tuesday...

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

Old 12-30-2009, 10:37 PM

to the new little ones

Just took a pregnancy test before dinner and got an immediate positive. Am sort of in shock, as we were trying awhile ago.... but had sort of stopped for now. I'm 41...this will be #4 God-willing. I'm a little nervous about insurance, because our COBRA benefits end at the end of January, and DH is starting a new job next Monday... hoping we'll have insurance by February... and that everything is covered.

All of my kids were born after 35.... so I'm used to all of the screening... nuchal fold, quad scan, etc.

I'm more worried about telling my family who felt that three was more than enough. (Of course, they're madly in love with #3 now.)

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

Old 12-31-2009, 12:16 AM

CorasMama, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Just what you didn't need, right?

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 PM

i was JUST looking at your due date and thinking about you, ella-6.

congratulations on your fabulous little boy elden!

Old 01-01-2010, 02:05 AM

Congratulations Ella! Welcome sweet baby.

I've been thinking that I have about 12 weeks left, and it seems like forever. And yet, at the same time, it seems to be going really fast. I'm not thinking at all about what this year will be like, because it seems so overwhelming to me, having a new baby, 4 older kids, and DH planning to travel a lot all year long. I am just trying to focus on the moment by moment here and now. Enjoy the pregnancy, knowing that it is my last, planning for thing that I know I will enjoy, stuff I can do enjoyably with my children (are you sensing an theme, lol?). Just trying to focus on reducing the chaos and stress in my life in every way possible. I never make resolutions, I just try to think about things I want to experience or do, and hope for the best.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsami View Post
to the new little ones

Just took a pregnancy test before dinner and got an immediate positive. Am sort of in shock, as we were trying awhile ago.... but had sort of stopped for now. I'm 41...this will be #4 God-willing. I'm a little nervous about insurance, because our COBRA benefits end at the end of January, and DH is starting a new job next Monday... hoping we'll have insurance by February... and that everything is covered.

All of my kids were born after 35.... so I'm used to all of the screening... nuchal fold, quad scan, etc.

I'm more worried about telling my family who felt that three was more than enough. (Of course, they're madly in love with #3 now.)
Congratulations mama!

Wow!! congratulations Ella-6!!! a new year baby.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 AM

Would like to join! KosherGranola, 39/40, 39, 8/29/2010, unknown!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:12 AM

Hi, my name is Kimber a.k.a. KosherGranola. I have three other children--Chandler, 14; Aliyah, 7; and Neviyah, 20 months.

We thought we were done but apparently not! My first doc appointment is this Thursday. I turn 40 on Tuesday. We conceived December 6th and within two weeks I knew I was pregnant. I have never been able to detect that early in my previous pregnancies. Six days before my period was supposed to start, I took a preg test and it came back positive. Waited a week and took again--positive! My last two pregnancies, I had Gestational Diabetes so I fully anticipate I will have it again.

I am excited to find this forum of other women in my age group having children. Looking forward to sharing with you in our pregnancy journies.

-----------

www.koshergranola.com
Old 01-02-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosherGranola View Post
Hi, my name is Kimber a.k.a. KosherGranola. I have three other children--Chandler, 14; Aliyah, 7; and Neviyah, 20 months.

We thought we were done but apparently not! My first doc appointment is this Thursday. I turn 40 on Tuesday. We conceived December 6th and within two weeks I knew I was pregnant. I have never been able to detect that early in my previous pregnancies. Six days before my period was supposed to start, I took a preg test and it came back positive. Waited a week and took again--positive! My last two pregnancies, I had Gestational Diabetes so I fully anticipate I will have it again.

I am excited to find this forum of other women in my age group having children. Looking forward to sharing with you in our pregnancy journies.

-----------

www.koshergranola.com
Congratulations Kimber! I notice our children are spaced just about the same years apart. How's it been having the three you have now with the older two being so much older?

Old 01-02-2010, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Happy New Year!

I will continue to manage the thread for January but will be looking for someone to take over for Feb.

I will start a new thread and make updates on Monday, when I return from visiting family!

Cheers

Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
Congratulations Kimber! I notice our children are spaced just about the same years apart. How's it been having the three you have now with the older two being so much older?
It is wonderful and challenging! It is nice because each had my full attention since it worked out that once one was in kindergarten, I had another. I think that really made a difference to be able to give the youngest so much individual attention. Also, the older ones were afforded that same attention when they were younger. On weekends, when the baby naps, it gives me one on one time with the older ones, too, so it is a win-win. Downfall is trying to keep each of them happy with familiy outings and such. Trying to find things to do as a family that appeal to a 14 year old, a seven year old and a baby is really hard and not always a hit.

------------

www.koshergranola.com
Old 01-03-2010, 07:59 AM

It is a wonderful new year already. I mean, what can be better than bringing a new life into the world? And on New Year's Day? This is going to be a good year!

Hope everyone else had a great New Year Day!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosherGranola View Post
Downfall is trying to keep each of them happy with familiy outings and such. Trying to find things to do as a family that appeal to a 14 year old, a seven year old and a baby is really hard and not always a hit.
exactly! I try to get out with our oldest DD every now and then alone while DH and son stay home with the baby. And DH goes out with our son to the gym, hiking and biking and other places for their alone time. It works out okay for now and hopefully it will get easier as the baby gets a little older and we can incorporate her in our outings more. Right now it's a lot of board games and movie watching while at home though since it's so cold outside.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella-6 View Post
Congratulations Kidzaplenty on your New Years Baby!
Ditto! Happy New Year!

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

Old 01-03-2010, 01:08 PM

Yeah Jenny!!!! congrats to you and enjoy your babymoon

"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 PM

Congrats Jenny! So glad you got to UC
Old 01-03-2010, 09:13 PM

I'm 39 years old, and 7 weeks pregnant (due Aug. 19, 2010). I already have two daughters, widely spaced in age -- one is 22 years old, one is 17 months old. The 22yo was born when I was only 17, from a previous relationship.
My current husband is 33. So with 2 girls, we're kind of hoping for a boy, of course!

I'm a little nervous about this pregnancy because I had precipitous (super fast) labor with my 17 month old daughter. Was less than 3 hours and extremely intense. I'm worried this one may come even faster!

Happily married mother of DD1 (10/87), DD2 (7/08), and DD3 (8/10)
Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
It is a wonderful new year already. I mean, what can be better than bringing a new life into the world? And on New Year's Day? This is going to be a good year!

Hope everyone else had a great New Year Day!
Jenny, congratulations!!!!!!!

I'm also so glad you had your UC! Wonderful!!

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
Old 01-03-2010, 10:46 PM

mediumcrunch, 38/38, 47, 6-24-10, unknown

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10
Old 01-03-2010, 11:54 PM

39/40, 33, 8/19/2010,

Happily married mother of DD1 (10/87), DD2 (7/08), and DD3 (8/10)
Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumcrunch View Post
mediumcrunch, 38/38, 47, 6-24-10, unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaikuMommy View Post
I'm 39 years old, and 7 weeks pregnant (due Aug. 19, 2010). I already have two daughters, widely spaced in age -- one is 22 years old, one is 17 months old. The 22yo was born when I was only 17, from a previous relationship.
My current husband is 33. So with 2 girls, we're kind of hoping for a boy, of course!

I'm a little nervous about this pregnancy because I had precipitous (super fast) labor with my 17 month old daughter. Was less than 3 hours and extremely intense. I'm worried this one may come even faster!
Welcome

Old 01-04-2010, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

A January 2010 thread has been created. I have made the updates in that thread. If any corrections need to be made, let me know by bolding the information in your post (and I will make the corrections.)

User Tag List