Mothering Forum banner

Garden of Life Women's Vitamin Code/supplements??

931 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  chiromommy 
#1 ·
Anyone taking this vitamin while preggo? It says take 4 but I only take 2. I was just wondering how many of these anyone takes, if they take them. Taking 2 only gives 400 of folic so I supplement folic acid 400. Also I take 2 barley green capsules. What do you guys take? Do you take every day?

#2 ·
I take these, but honestly it is because I ordered the wrong thing from appleadayandbeyond.com (or whatever it is). I was supposed to take the women's daily with an extra folic, but when I typed in folic I got the vitamin code raw stuff. I also take additional D, B12, cal/mag, and the Ocean's mom.

#3 ·
I forgot to add... I have no problem with these vitamins... my midwife recommended the BRAND, I just got the wrong thing- so don't think I am trying to turn you off on them.

BTW, my bottle says I only have to take 3 a day for the full dose, not 4. I just take one with every meal and one of the add'l supplements. (I have to take the extra D because I am an Alaskan mom- probably not necessary if you are not in a Northern climate). I take the extra B12 because it keeps me from getting too grouchy.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply! Just curious if anyone was taking. I think they are a good brand.
How much cal/mag and vit D do you take counting all your supps? There is no sun here right now in Oregon so I could use extra D too. I have a liquid D cal/mag but i don't know how much to take total! So i havent been taking anymore than my 2 of Vitamin Code Women's. I think I am only taking 500 D, and only 10 mag, 10 cal!!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazeemomma View Post
Thanks for the reply! Just curious if anyone was taking. I think they are a good brand.
How much cal/mag and vit D do you take counting all your supps? There is no sun here right now in Oregon so I could use extra D too. I have a liquid D cal/mag but i don't know how much to take total! So i havent been taking anymore than my 2 of Vitamin Code Women's. I think I am only taking 500 D, and only 10 mag, 10 cal!!
Well, my OB is offering script D3 of 50,000 a week I think (but with the caveat that the last time I had a blood draw my D was "dangerously low"). I don't take that much, though. 10 mag/cal is too little I think because the bottle on the Garden of Life says the Cal/mag is only 35% of daily recommended dose and I don't remember how many units that is- so I would add in a double of however many units it is to reach 100% or so I think.

#6 ·
Update: My midwife's OLD list of nutrition things had the Garden of Life Women's daily with an extra folic acid recommendation (I actually had ordered the Raw prenatal on accident but both are from the same company).. anyway, I went to my appt today and got an UPDATED list and guess what she recommends now?

Yep, the Raw Prenatal.

What's ironic is I just put in my order for the other one-the one I THOUGHT was the right one.

#8 ·
Bumping. Anyone taking the GoL prenatal, or another vitamin code multi? I'd love to hear more input on this--specifically whether or not you notice a difference while taking it (energy, etc...)

I'm looking to add in a whole food multi, but unsure what I want to go w/. The soy in New Chapter freaks me out, or I'd probably do that...

TIA!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
Bumping. Anyone taking the GoL prenatal, or another vitamin code multi? I'd love to hear more input on this--specifically whether or not you notice a difference while taking it (energy, etc...)
I took the GOL prenatal.. I noticed stronger nails and hair than with any other prenatal I have tried (rainbow 1xd and 6xd)..

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
I took the GOL prenatal.. I noticed stronger nails and hair than with any other prenatal I have tried (rainbow 1xd and 6xd)..
Awesome! Thanks Ponoikoi!

Any other folks w/ experiences to share?

#11 ·
I've finished a full bottle of the GOL prenatals so far, I really liked them. I think they helped a bit with my MS because they have a bit of ginger. I like the fact they are raw and have no junk in them at all. Right now I'm finishing a bottle of Mega Food, 100% whole food Baby and me. I prefer the GOL and will buy them again. The mega food ones you are suppose to take 4, one too many for me to remember.

I also have the GOL Oceans Mom prenatal DHA...I am not so great at taking that every day. DHA just seems to make me break out, I take it every couple of days.

#12 ·
I love the GOL products. I have taken the Vit Code prenatal this entire pregnancy and it didn't seem to aggravate the MS. My iron didn't tank as far as it normally does and I have generally had a better appetite. I also take 1-2 GOL Primal Defense and sporadically, the nordic naturals Pro Omega fish oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.