Fundal height at 16 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my first appt at home yesterday with my Dr. When she measured my fundal height she asked me if I ever measured large. I told her never(my last 3 I always measured right on or a little smaller). She said I was measuring 22 or 23 cm at 16 weeks?! Asked me if twins run in the family, which they don't. This is freaking me out. Could she be mistaken, or does this not mean anything? I do plan on having 1 ultrasound in a few weeks but that's along time to wait when your worried.

Mama to my girls on earth and in heaven... innocent.gif K (10); energy.gifA (6); energy.gifL (3)

candle.gifBella (19 weeks) Jan '10; candle.gifRachel (16 weeks) Dec '10; candle.gifGrace (18 weeks) Oct '11; angel1.gif(10weeks)May '10, angel1.gif(4.5 weeks) Jun '07; angel1.gif(10weeks) Jun '98

#2 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 05:10 PM

Did you have to go to the bathroom when she measured you? I measured four weeks ahead one appointment and I needed to pee. I'm fairly certain that's why, because I've been right on ever since.

<>< Alison
#3 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

No, I actually had went to the bathroom right before. I don't look huge, same as the rest of my pregnancies. She did listen with a dopper and said the placenta sounded like it was fundal/posterior so maybe that could be why? I don't know I almost think it was a mistake but I don't the what the heck I am feeling when I try to feel for myself.

Mama to my girls on earth and in heaven... innocent.gif K (10); energy.gifA (6); energy.gifL (3)

candle.gifBella (19 weeks) Jan '10; candle.gifRachel (16 weeks) Dec '10; candle.gifGrace (18 weeks) Oct '11; angel1.gif(10weeks)May '10, angel1.gif(4.5 weeks) Jun '07; angel1.gif(10weeks) Jun '98

#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 AM

With this pregnancy, I was measuring like, 22 cm at 16 weeks. No twins, just a big stretchy uterus (from 2 kids super close together)

The further along I got the closer the cm were to lining up- by 20 weeks I was 24 cm, 30 weeks I was 32 cm, and at 37 weeks I'm 37 cm (it might've lined up sooner than that, I haven't had it checked in awhile).

With my daughter I was always bang on until right near the end, then I started measuring a bit small.

It's not really even accurate until 20 weeks, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. And for subsequent pregnancies, from what I understand, it's normal to measure quite off because your uterus/belly/everything is stretchier.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#5 of 6 Old 01-08-2010, 03:22 PM

moved to I'm pregnant

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#6 of 6 Old 01-08-2010, 05:39 PM

I've been measuring 3-6 ahead this pregnancy, and even got a previously unplanned ultrasound to rule out twins because it was freaking me out. There is only one normal sized girl in there, with a normal amount of fluid, and everything looks great. This is my third pregnancy though, so we're just assuming my body has great muscle memory.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page