Abdominal Pain after crunches? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-10-2010, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay I am kicking myself for even doing this. I talked with my midwife before last week and she said that it was absolutely fine if I took my PT test since I am so early on in my pregnancy(I am about three to nine weeks but no one knows for definite until my next doctors appointment). Well yesterday I did fine on the pushups and on the stairs but when it came to doing as many crunches I could in two minutes my stomach was cramping. I can feel the pain on the lower right side of my belly and in the upper left part of my belly. I was trying to decide whether I should go to the ER later on if the pain still has not subsided or if I should just call my health provider in the a.m. to get her opinion. Of course, while I am pondering I had to do research on the internet for symptoms and lets jsut say I am paranoid now and do not want to do any more exercising while I am pregnant.
#2 of 3 Old 01-10-2010, 12:41 PM

sounds like it might be round ligament pains... even being early on... i get them already and Im not quite 5 weeks yet even! Stand up from sitting and feel a pull on my lower right near the groin (that ones the worst, the left side only does it sometimes)

the one further up i wouldnt be to worried about as even at 9 weeks nothing to do with pregnancy would be at your belly button let alone above...

it really could just be from your body loosening up for the pregnancy too... with those hormones raging through your system... I do find it makes doing pretty much everything much more painful right now.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 3 Old 01-10-2010, 02:21 PM

I wouldn't worry too much. You might have strained something, but I very much doubt any impact to your pregnancy coming of your exercising. I was still racing in crew shells at 12 weeks last time, and worked out hard all the way through my pregnancy (rowing as long as I still could get into position, running stairs, running, full yoga practice, biking, hiking, etc.) You're fine.

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page