Normal groin area soreness (3rd child)?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My groin area, surrounding muscles and muscles right on there are just so SORE! I am 38 wks and just assumed it was that b/c it's my 3rd kid my muscles just are looser sooner, but MAN, it's hard to squat down and get up...if I sit too long (really 5 min. or longer) in one spot and get up, I have to do it slowly. Normal? Anyone else experiencing this?

Mama to (5/04), : (8/05), : (6/07) & : (1/10)
since 7/02 :
#2 of 4 Old 01-15-2010, 02:57 PM

Sounds pretty normal to me. Coudl be ligaments loosening or the varicose veins. Sorry.
#3 of 4 Old 01-15-2010, 05:46 PM

I've started getting this recently too, and I'm 38 weeks also.

I've just assumed it's from my body producing that fabulous relaxin to help the birth process, and the joints and ligaments in my pelvis have loosened up as a result.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#4 of 4 Old 01-15-2010, 06:11 PM

I had varicose veins in my perineal area with dd2 that gave me those symptoms... my midwife "prescribed" an herbal supplement that I took to help, but that area really just didn't feel better until a few weeks postpartum...

Elizabeth, naturally-minded mother to two beautiful girls and on the path to living a debt-free off-grid eco-lifestyle in my not built yet dream house

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page