*~ The BSL Graduates and Stalking Thread - Jan/Feb ~* - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations, Lauren! Adelynn Ruby's birth story is beautiful--thank you for sharing it with us.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

First page updated to add Adelynn's birth announcement!

Now I have to wait until May to add anymore!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#183 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 PM

Congrats, Lauren! Welcome to the world, little Adelynn!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#184 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post

I'm 28 weeks today (EDD is actually 5/6)... oy! DH and I got hit with the realization this morning that this kiddo could very well come in ten weeks We're so not ready yet!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#185 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 03:10 PM

yay! I am so happy to hear you had a good labor and everyone is doing well!

the nipples will get better in time... the beginning can be rough on them as you get used to each other.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#186 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post

Eeep. May's next.

I do hope that you'll be waiting until May to post the next birth announcement--I've been struggling with weird prematurity fears ever since I hit 24 weeks. April would freak me out and I'm not even going to think about giving birth in March. Cannot Happen.

Edit: Okay, it looks like Jill & Jelinifer are due early enough in May that they could go in April without it being a bad thing, so maybe we'll get an April update after all?

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#187 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Jelinifer - Oh, its so fun to get close! You'll be FINE! I'm just about 7 weeks behind you, I'll be 21 weeks on Saturday.

Quote:
starkyld - Okay, it looks like Jill & Jelinifer are due early enough in May that they could go in April without it being a bad thing, so maybe we'll get an April update after all?
Jill definitely could go earlier, I think she's due the 1st, and its her 3rd baby, but she's gone MIA on us. Hello, Jill, are you out there????

Don't get too nervous about going early... baby most likely will stay put. Caleb is so low (much lower than DD was), I often feel his movement and kicks way, way low, like he's trying to escape. Its like - "hey, you definitely can't come out yet!"

Okay, so maybe we'll get an update in April, definitely some in May, and then it will be June!

(However, being so close to the end of June, I am quite likely not to meet my little guy until July...)

#188 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 PM

Just stalking everyone and saying "Hi" I'm lonely over there in TWW land!
Congratulations Lauren!!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#189 of 304 Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OH, lauren, I'm SO THRILLED to hear you and Adelynn are safe and sound!!! What a beautiful story, and GO YOU for pushing her out on your own! And GO YOUR HUSBAND for sticking up for you! And I love that name the best, you know. We'd LOVE pics if you feel safe! I have tears of joy here!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#190 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 10:07 AM

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...delynn%20Ruby/

here are some pics of her birth!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#191 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 10:19 AM

What a cutie!
#192 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the pics Lauren! Such a cute little face... and nice chubby cheeks!

Keep us posted on how you are all doing... whenever you can!

#193 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
LZP

Lauren!!! Congratulations to you and your whole family. Adelynn Ruby is such an adorable little peanut! Her name is perfect, and she's so lucky to have one with such meaning. Your birth story was amazing, thank you so much for sharing it with us. I can only dream of a birth that goes that well! (And I'm so glad to hear that your ctx werent in your head!) Sounds like you and your DH and your MW made a great team- with of course, you being the leader there...!

Thanks again, and big, huge hugs to you and your little one. Now enjoy your babymoon.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#194 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 01:26 PM

She is absolutely gorgeous Lauren! Thanks for posting pictures

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#195 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 PM

AWWWWWW BABY!

Really September can NOT get here fast enough... I want to hold mine... but right now mines barely the size of a grape

Man... I cant wait for at least spring. I miss fresh air and my walks with the kids.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#196 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
\
Really September can NOT get here fast enough... I want to hold mine... but right now mines barely the size of a grape
I feel the same way, except replace Sept with June and grape with banana..
#197 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
I feel the same way, except replace Sept with June and grape with banana..
Pinoikoi- Banana is HUGE compared to my little lemon! (although, it is a lemon with legs... so maybe a little bigger than I picture )

Oooh i am hungry. thank goodness it's lunch time.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#198 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Ok- we have grapes, lemons, and bananas.. I think I feel a fruit salad coming on.
#199 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 04:09 PM

lol and yet fruit salad does not sound appealing at all to me

this pregnancy has been all about the proteins...

#200 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 09:41 PM

Well hello all!

I'm nervous to join you over here, but I'm gonna take the leap. If you didn't hear over on BSL's I got a BFP yesterday! I seems like a million years ago already.

I'm waiting for a 7 week scan, so 3 more weeks. I've yet to call the RE and tell them so I don't know if they will want to do blood work or now. In the past blood work wouldn't have mattered so I'm not worried about doing it one way or the other.

I get to join Lyndzies over in the October DDC, although I'll probably just lurk and post on the PAL thread. I'm officially due October 23. Although I could certainly go late and have a Halloween baby!!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#201 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post
I'm officially due October 23. Although I could certainly go late and have a Halloween baby!!
Or early and have a 10/10/10 baby...

#202 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Although I could certainly go late and have a Halloween baby!!
I have always thought a Halloween baby would be a lot of fun!

Congrats!
#203 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Or early and have a 10/10/10 baby...
That's funny, G was due in June 06 so he could have been an (early) 6/6/06 baby but he wasn't born till July 8th! I figure if I tell people Halloween I won't have anyone breathing down my neck mid-October. Now Lyndzies could have a 10/10/10 baby!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#204 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 11:27 PM
LZP

Quote:
Well hello all!

I'm nervous to join you over here, but I'm gonna take the leap. If you didn't hear over on BSL's I got a BFP yesterday! I seems like a million years ago already.

I'm waiting for a 7 week scan, so 3 more weeks. I've yet to call the RE and tell them so I don't know if they will want to do blood work or now. In the past blood work wouldn't have mattered so I'm not worried about doing it one way or the other.

I get to join Lyndzies over in the October DDC, although I'll probably just lurk and post on the PAL thread. I'm officially due October 23. Although I could certainly go late and have a Halloween baby!!
Oh Jessica!!!!!!! I am so so so excited for you- just delighted!!!! This is such wonderful news. Congratulations to you, Dh and your soon-to-be big brother DS!

Take the leap and join Oct DDc when you're ready. It might take you some time, but until then, of course, come here too.... lots of us are also PAL mamas (or in my case, hopeful-to-be-soon-to-be)

What great news!!!! Congratulations again!!!!!!!!

#205 of 304 Old 02-12-2010, 11:56 PM

Yay Jessica!!!!

Yay fruit salad! I've got a blueberry over here to add.

But mostly, today: Yay ginger ale! (The queasies have DEFINITELY made themselves at home. BLEH!)

Oh and P.S. it's definitely crossed my mind that it's not out of the realm of possibility for me to have a baby w/ that magic 10/10/10 b-day.

.... Yay, binary!

/dork

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#206 of 304 Old 02-13-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Yay Jessica!!!!

Yay fruit salad! I've got a blueberry over here to add.

But mostly, today: Yay ginger ale! (The queasies have DEFINITELY made themselves at home. BLEH!)

Oh and P.S. it's definitely crossed my mind that it's not out of the realm of possibility for me to have a baby w/ that magic 10/10/10 b-day.

.... Yay, binary!

/dork
Yay dorks!

DF and I discussed trying to time to have our next on 1/4/12 so that they will be 3 on 1/4/15 (pi is 3.1415... etc.)

#207 of 304 Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Yay dorks!

DF and I discussed trying to time to have our next on 1/4/12 so that they will be 3 on 1/4/15 (pi is 3.1415... etc.)
If you can manage that, you will definitely, officially, and for all eternity be the Empress of TTC.

#208 of 304 Old 02-13-2010, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Jessica -
Quote:
I'm officially due October 23.
You are the fourth October due date!

Us BSLs are really on a roll...

So many congrats to you... I added you to the first page. Please let me know if it should be modified - I don't know if I have the timespan quite right. I hope all continues to grow happy and healthy for the next 36 weeks!

LZP - Regarding Lemon vs. Banana. At 20 weeks they start measuring baby from head to feet. Before that its head to rump. So your lemon is really a lemon with little "unmeasured" legs.

I'm 21 weeks today so I go up a fruit (or veggie). That email doesn't come until Monday though, so I don't know what the food is for this week.

Lyndzies - Happy to hear those queasies have hit!

enigo - Thank you so much for stopping by. So hoping that you (and Tear too) get to join us for a November or December due date. You really deserve that super healthy, sticky-sticky, wonderfully growing, baby bean.

AFM - I leave for vacation (to visit the ILs) tomorrow morning. Our plane leaves at 6 a.m. Yikes! We'll need to be up and out of the house by like 4 a.m. So... I will be MIA at least until next Friday. Lets hope I can keep up with all the stuff planned (Disneyland & Legoland) without having a hormonal and exhaustive meltdown. The ILs will be thrilled to see my baby bump though!

My second u/s (to check Caleb's heart better) is the Monday after we return, 2/22. I'm excited for that!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

#209 of 304 Old 02-13-2010, 02:33 PM

I felt better yesterday...

which meant I worried all day yesterday that I had a progesterone problem (yay doctors office for not keeping their mouths closed)

oh but it was SO not warranted. Im a mess again today.

#210 of 304 Old 02-13-2010, 03:04 PM

Hey gals... I could use some ettiquette advice here I x-posted my question to my DDC too.

My mother is starting to finalize names and addresses of folks I want to invite to my shower to send out invites this week.

We just found out that DH's cousin and his wife lost their pregnancy last week... they were right around the end of the first tri. We see them at all big family functions (weddings, graduations, etc.) but not much beyond that these days... but prior to their loss, I wouldn't have questioned a second about sending an invite to the cousin's wife since the rest of the gals from the family are being invited.

I've only dealt with this from the infertility standpoint- I got baby shower invites, declined politely as going to the events was so very hard for me and sent a gift from the website of wherever the mom is registered while we were TTC.... but this is obviously alot different than my situation.

Should I still send an invite to her? I really don't know how to handle the whole situation since her loss is so new- I don't want to add salt to wounds for her....and I want to keep her well being as my main priority. Thanks in advance

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page