*~ The BSL Graduates and Stalking Thread - Jan/Feb ~* - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 304 Old 02-20-2010, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post

Hi guys!! I feel so weird being in here. Like I'm trespassing or something

I guess my unofficial DD is November 3rd I'll go in for a Beta on Monday to see how things are progressing . Do you know when they're going to make a November DDC? I wish Enigo and Tear would hurry up already!!!

Anyway, hope everyone's doing well!
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#242 of 304 Old 02-20-2010, 09:31 PM

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#243 of 304 Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM

It is so nice to see all the preggo mamas on this thread!
#244 of 304 Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 PM

still that enigos here within a couple days.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#245 of 304 Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I wish Enigo and Tear would hurry up already!!!
me too, oh me too. Darlin, I'm so excited for you!!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#246 of 304 Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM

I still have a strong feeling you will be joining us next month Tear. I really think all has been taken care of for you.

#247 of 304 Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 AM
LZP

Quote:

I guess my unofficial DD is November 3rd I'll go in for a Beta on Monday to see how things are progressing . Do you know when they're going to make a November DDC? I wish Enigo and Tear would hurry up already!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!@!!!!!!! NANETTE~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaahooooooo!!! I just gasped a HUGE breath, and DH was like, "What?! What's wrong?! are you ok?!" And I just had to start laughing hysterically.

Oh, I am so so happy for you!!!!!!!! It's about time for you girlie! Just DELIGHTED.

And you're right if these other BSLs can hurry up and get over here, well that'd just be the bees knees.

I can't believe I am even still awake right now, and I am SO glad that I decided to pop on to MDC to check in here. What great news! I'm all teary eyed over here.

so much to you, and can't wait to hear your betas!!!

YAHOOOOOOOO!!

And Lyndzies- sorry I didnt comment on Friday- thanks for sharing your first pic of your little one! Quite an adorable little blob you have there

Lisko, are you still on vacay?

Tear- I can't believe that your weeks of waiting are almost OOOVVEEERRR!!!! YES!! It seemed to go quickly for me- I really hope it went at least half as fast for you- it must have been not too bad.

I guess my energy must be coming back, or it's the 2 <gasp> glasses of iced tea I had with dinner.... that, and I can't stop watching curling today!! I'm addicted. ooooh, now speed skating!

Hope you girls have a great night.

DH is taking me to brunch for my b-day tomorrow morning. YAY! I luuuurrrvvveee brunch- been fantasizing about it since he told me on my Bday on Friday! Yum. what will i have first?!

Nighty night

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#248 of 304 Old 02-21-2010, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:

Congratulations, Nanette!!! November!! How exciting!!!

LZP, a late but huge congratulations to you too!! I haven't been stalking as much as I should and totally missed that you're pregnant!

A happy healthy 9 mos to you both!!

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#249 of 304 Old 02-21-2010, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
LZP, HAPPY BELATED BDAY!

Bananabee, I miss you! How are you doing?

Lyndzies, hooray for your little blob! How exciting!

Thanks for the positive vibes everybody.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#250 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

I'm back!!!!

Actually, I've been back since very, very late on Thursday night... I just haven't had a free second to post.

Nanette! So happy for you! I will add you to the first page...

Lyndzies - for first baby pic and everything looking and sounding great and on a good growth schedule!

LZP - How is your back/muscle spasm? I've really been struggling with some pretty bad right hip/right sciatic pain for the past month or so. It comes and goes - but when I have it... its quite uncomfy. I just worry about how I'll feel come May when I'm HUGE!

Tear - Hoping good and wonderful things for you & DH this cycle! (You to Enigo... )

AFM - We had a great time in CA. It was too fast, and way too busy, but there is just something incredibly special about watching your 6 year old DD in Fantasyland at Disney. She met three princesses and got her face painted in a beautiful butterfly mask and was just about as happy as can be!

Tomorrow is my second u/s. Hopefully they'll get a great look at his heart and all will be A'OK. I'd also love a view with the 3D wand... I want to see this little guy's face (I so hope he gets DH's dimples!).

Excitingly, DH & I put an offer on a house yesterday (we currently rent a house). Unfortunately, its a "wait and see" now as its a short-sale (about to enter foreclosure) and we have to hear back from the bank to see if they will approve the offer. That could be slow... like 2-4 weeks. Our offer expires in 30 days, so hopefully they won't take any longer than that! So much for any nursery planning... all my nesting urges may be spent PACKING!

Will stop by tomorrow or Tuesday with some new Caleb u/s pics.

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#251 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
I'd also love a view with the 3D wand... I want to see this little guy's face (I so hope he gets DH's dimples!).
I looooove my DDs dimples!

we never saw them on the USs we did... but just moments after she was born she smiled and you could see them clearly... the girl knows how to play me with those dimples now.

mommmmyyyyyy I wanna watch tv *big smile*

#252 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 AM

Thank you ladies sooooooo much!!! I'm so excited to be here I can't wait for all the other BSL's to graduate!!!! Today is the first day I have not peed on something. I had to take one more digi and Answer yesterday just to make sure, but I'm really just stressin' myself out (a la: did that line get any darker?) So I have given all the pee sticks away Had my beta blood draw this am, so will have results this afternoon! I'm scared beyond belief, but hopefully everything will turn out ok. When were you guys able to relax a little and finally say, I'm really pregnant, and it looks like I'm staying that way? I feel like I'm so far away from that right now...

Happy belated birthday LIZ!

Lisko Can't WAIT to see the u/s pics!!!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#253 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
When were you guys able to relax a little and finally say, I'm really pregnant, and it looks like I'm staying that way? I feel like I'm so far away from that right now...
I STILL want to POAS every so often (but - so far - have resisted!). So I know the feeling!

That said, I think after the u/s dating me 8 weeks, and reaching the 8 week benchmark made me able to relax a bit and feel like I can be really excited and in a good head-space about this one sticking around. I read a few different places that although the risk of m/c in the first tri is something like 15-20%, it drops dramatically (to 3-4%) once a heartbeat has been detected and you reach 8 weeks.

Read it a few places; not sure how much truth there is to it. But that's made me feel a lot more comfortable (comfortable enough to finally come out of the pregnancy closet. We finally announced to the world this weekend!).

AFM - I'm in full-blown maternity clothes. At only ~9 weeks! I seem to be one of those lucky ones that is big early, and I just couldn't squeeze into my pre-pg clothes anymore and look presentable. So MIL took me on a shopping spree at destination maternity, and now I've got nearly a wardrobe of stuff. My in-laws are incredibly generous, and I'm feeling remarkably lucky to have them in my life, esp. now. How much more comfortable I feel is really beyond words!

... and, being in mat. clothes is also making it way more real.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#254 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
LZP

Nanette- I still have moments, TBH, where I dont believe it's real. Luckily, I gave into my neuroses and bought a doppler. that helps, but I still dont have anything that's unmistakable movement, so I have to just rely on my growing gut. (which DH keeps reminding me is NOT all fat, but baby, too... I'll get it some day.)
I POAS about 3 weeks ago while DH was away. I found the IC and just had to use it- I still look in the pg test aisle and wonder if i should get *just one* ha!! It's so nice to see those 2 lines.... well, I'll just never tire of that!!! Since you were starting to stress, probably not good to keep doing it, so i'm glad you gave them away. But I wouldnt fault you for wanting to see those 2 lines again and again. after all- it's what we've been waiting for F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

Again, I am just so happy for you- and I can't wait to hear your beta results- I'm sure they'll be great, but understand how nervous it can make you

Lisko! glad you have you back!! So glad you had fun, and sorry it ended too quickly. My back/shoulder/neck thing is still there, but not nearly as painful as before. this is like day 5 now. pathetic. after it feels better, i MUST start to exercise so it doesnt happen again. I'm really sorry to hear about your sciatic pain!! my sister was just taken out of work at 26 weeks due to that... but she's carrying twins, and measuring 35 weeks already.

I hope yours doesnt get any worse- have you tried chiro treatment? that really helped her for a while.

and offer on a house!!!! so exciting!!!! Good luck with that you'll just be :1whistle until then, I bet... ooooh the waiting. You can enlist the help of the kids and DH for packing, I hope!

Tear- thanks for the B-day love seriously- this is going to be an AWESOME month for you........!!!!! I can feel it. I'm welling up over here just thinking about it.

Hey bananabee- thanks for checking in! You must be getting pretty excited too, since you're also due in June, right? Yes, starting to get excited, but still in a bit of disbelief. someday I'll believe for real. Maybe in August.

Lyndzies- wooo hoo maternity clothes!! Hopefully, some of the bloat will reduce in a few weeks (did for me and most of the ladies in my DDC around 11-13 weeks I'd say...?) But close on it's tails is a for real hard bump below the navel- I guess they call that a baby bump? It's still hard to believe. I'm LOVING my mat. jeans, and nothing else is as comfortable really, except this one pair or work pants that was 2 sizes too big and for some reason I kept them. (I think bc they make me feel skinny- something is actually BIG on me!) Now, they are still big at the waist, but the lower adbominal area is getting tight... it's a weird look.

AFM, i didnt even get to do my usual gorging at brunch, bc lately i havent had room for much in my tummy- maybe it's getting ready to be confined, and just preparing me now? Everything I see on TV or in a magazine or hear about ont he radio, I want to eat. Luckily, I dont give in to all of the cravings, and they do pass. but what I wouldnt do for a cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake. I'd settle for meatloaf with mashed potatoes, corn and carrots, though. yum.

Yes, many of my thoughts are on food these days. And I still seem to have kept the initial weight loss off. I'm still down a net of like 4-6 lbs... weird.

on another note, I still see pregnant women wherever I go. and, I still have that twinge of jealousy/annoyance. It's so weird to remind myself that I *am* pregnant now... I wonder if that will ever go away. I hate that bitter part that seems to have stuck around. alas...

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#255 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 03:48 PM

I still have my ICs

I still pee on one every now and then... just to watch both lines show up. I feel after so many negatives... I deserve getting to see that as much as I can! LOL

#256 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 05:00 PM

Ok beta is back at 28.3 (12dpo). She said "it's kinda low did you test early?" And so now of course I'm freaking the eff out. I'm going back in on Wednesday to see if it doubles, but until then I'm going to be going CRAZY over here

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#257 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 05:06 PM

28.3 at 12dpo is a GOOD number. and yes its because you tested early.

you got bfps at 10dpo on extremely sensitive tests... 48 hours ago that could have been at level 12 and totally doubled by now and STILL had those sensitive tests pick it up.

Im actually feeling quite positive about your pregnancy with that number!

#258 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 05:08 PM

Mae Have I told you today how much I LOVE YOU??? That makes me feel much better. I do think I will be POASing like a crazy person for the next two days though!!!

ETA: I took another two tests, the line is MUCH darker than yesterday's even with watered down pee, and the digital was Pregnant (for the third time) I think I need to stop stressing NOW!

#259 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Oh Nanette! At 12 dpo, that number is just fine. You are pregnant, my dear! As for low, my first blood test w/this baby came back as a 6 when I was in the hospital for my back, but I knew I was totally pregnant (because the timing couldn't have been worse). I haven't doubted it since, and still have a FRER in the medicine cabinet that I haven't even been tempted to pee on. Sometimes I think I should just for fun, but it seems silly since my baby girl is so active and my belly is getting so big.

Tear - I miss you too, and am praying this month will be your month!!

LZP - I am getting excited and can't wait to hold my precious little girl, but am also feeling anxious and sad because the birth of my daughter will bring about the finalization of my divorce - a divorce I didn't want in the first place, although the more I find out about DH and realize how he's treated me since we got married, the less I want him back. I'm also not sure what I'm going to do financially, as I have a real complicated medical history/situation. I know God (and I'm hoping the judge) will take care of us, but it feels weird to have everything up in the air and realize I'm probably headed for the food pantry line and there's not much I can do about it until after the birth/divorce. For now, I'm just trying to enjoy being pregnant day by day and all the quirky things that come with it.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#260 of 304 Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 PM
LZP

Nanette!! those numbers sound great! I'm with Mae, and need hard mathematical facts to make me feel better so another for you- just think- you're 12 DPO, and most old school tests (and some "sensitive" ones) arent even picking up anything till 25miu, and they dont recommend you use it till like on average, 15dpo. I'd not be worried about it! they want to see doubling, or at least a 66% increase over 48 hours.... I give you license to POAS the next 2 days, but then try to relax and enjoy having someone else measure bloods for you!

THey'll probably check your numbers a few more times at the REs office, so that should help you rest easy- they checked mine till it was like 58000. I liked looking forward to that each week

banana- Oh, what a rollercoaster. you sound so incredibly positive considering the circumstances- I'm in awe!!! It's just wonderful. Let that little blessing light your world right now. I'm so sorry you have to go through this problem with your relationship with DH during what should be an only happy time, but at least you know what you;re getting into now, I guess! I'm sure everything will work out, as I think that finances and the necessities have a way of working out most times. big s to you and thanks for sharing some of your positivity with us- you'll be in my thoughts that everything will turn out as it should.*

#261 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabee View Post
Oh Nanette! At 12 dpo, that number is just fine. You are pregnant, my dear! As for low, my first blood test w/this baby came back as a 6 when I was in the hospital for my back, but I knew I was totally pregnant (because the timing couldn't have been worse). I haven't doubted it since, and still have a FRER in the medicine cabinet that I haven't even been tempted to pee on. Sometimes I think I should just for fun, but it seems silly since my baby girl is so active and my belly is getting so big.
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm at the need encouragement stage because I don't quite believe it yet I'm so sorry to hear about all the negative stuff you've got going on in your life but super happy to hear that you're not letting it stress you out too much (I know how hard that is, I do some final dissolution agreements for clients ONCE in a while, but refuse to do divorces because they're just too emotional for me). But just keep thinking about how you'll have your little girl in your arms so soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
Nanette!! those numbers sound great! I'm with Mae, and need hard mathematical facts to make me feel better so another for you- just think- you're 12 DPO, and most old school tests (and some "sensitive" ones) arent even picking up anything till 25miu, and they dont recommend you use it till like on average, 15dpo. I'd not be worried about it! they want to see doubling, or at least a 66% increase over 48 hours.... I give you license to POAS the next 2 days, but then try to relax and enjoy having someone else measure bloods for you!

THey'll probably check your numbers a few more times at the REs office, so that should help you rest easy- they checked mine till it was like 58000. I liked looking forward to that each week
Thanks for the math Liz! It's one thing I just can't sort out in my head. At 66% I have to be at least 47.3 by 14dpo right? I'm feeling a lot better about it after hearing everyone's positive comments, AND after getting really really sick after brushing my teeth this morning

And that's awesome about the 4-6 pounds net weight? That's AMAZING! What is your secret?!?!

#262 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everybody!

MaerynPearl - My DD has a dimple too. She got it from my sister, same side and everything. (Adding that they also share a birthday... pretty neat). My DH's dimples are on both sides and just yummy. I do hope our baby boy gets endowed with them!

Nanette56 - I think I felt more confident once we heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks and saw the little bean on u/s. I still had scary thoughts occasionally (and sometimes still do), but now that he moves around so much they are less often. So I think around 9-10 weeks I started to feel more comfy and shared the news with everyone.

I hope your numbers double just as they should!

Lyndzies - Fun to get a brand new maternity wardrobe! You are showing quickly for baby #1! The clothes do make it real, and then you look less just strangely beer guttish and more PG!

LZP - My sciatica isn't horrible - yet - and seems to come and go (with no rhyme or reason). I have a Pilates Prenatal DVD and the exercises on there really help. I just have to force myself to do them more regularly.

Do you have your BIG u/s scheduled yet?

bananabee - Good to see you visiting us! (We are in the June DDC together.) I am sorry to hear about everything that's happening throughout your pgcy . Its a horrible time for your DH to pull all of this... but I hope you can get everything worked out eventually. If you can get WIC, get it! I had it when single with DD and it was wonderful.

AFM - Baby Caleb's heart was 100% okay on the u/s yesterday. So that's good to know. He still stubbornly likes the same position as before... all balled up sideways in my uterus. His head is to my left side. His position didn't make for any good 3D pics which was too bad, but we did get a really cute pic of him giving us a "thumbs up". I need to scan it, and then I'll share it.

I hope all the other Mommies are doing okay. We haven't heard from Lauren lately... I hope she's doing okay with her Mommyhood and enjoying every minute with Adelynn!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#263 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM
LZP

Quote:
I'm feeling a lot better about it after hearing everyone's positive comments, AND after getting really really sick after brushing my teeth this morning

And that's awesome about the 4-6 pounds net weight? That's AMAZING! What is your secret?!?!
YAY for MS!! Good for you! I wasnt really sick at all in that way.

Actually, I got really sick (like the flu) around Christmas, and that made me not eat very much, and what I did eat I guess just went right to baby. Now, I feel hungry all. the. time. but I just eat what I normally would, but I added a blueberry/yogurt/protein smoothie in the morning just this week. that used to sustain me from like 8AM to 12PM. But as I type, I'm eating some WW toast with PB. I guess it's just getting sucked up. It feels like I'm not eating more food, just better quality food these days, so maybe that's it. I definitely have some "reserves" for baby to use up, but I'm just trying to keep up calcium, water and protein so as to not deplete bones/teeth and muscle -but he can have all the fat of mine that he wants!!

so, I guess my secret is only fantasizing about eating everything in sight, but not actually doing it. my sweet DH is an enabler though, and is totally willing (and maybe excited) to get me a cheese steak at 2AM if I wanted him to!that will come in due time I'm sure....!

Lisko- I was just thinking about this today. I think I'll call to schedule the BIG U/S this week, for like the DAY AFTER my MW appt on the 11th. SO, maybe by Mar 12 we'll know if this little person is a he or a she.

strangely, last time, I really really really wanted a girl, but had some boy feelings, and was a little disappointed. This time, I have super strong boy feelings, and I think that I might be disappointed if it's a girl. Although, a girl would help me put off the non-circ explanation with the ILs and my parents for another couple of years!

Lisko part deux- I know that this one isn't finished baking yet, but do you and your dimpled DH think that you'll try for another after Caleb? (maybe it's too soon to ask this, but I was just curious.. )

where is everyone else today? hmmmm?

ETA: I just got my 16w update- and now we have an avacado! Makes me want guacamole.

#264 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 02:20 PM

I'm up to a lime... we could have a nice Mexican meal.

#265 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 04:47 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
I'm up to a lime... we could have a nice Mexican meal.
While Mexican is tempting, i still want that cheeseburger. And then my friend emailed about going to lunch at a local deli, and now all I can think about is hot pastrami on rye. what's with these meat cravings?!

#266 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 05:13 PM

its a boy!

Im craving meat too and Im hoping for a boy lol...

I know its an old wives tale that what you crave is a sign of what you are having... but I craved meats and potatoes with DS and this one and fruits and veggies with DD... so it holds up for me

#267 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 05:21 PM

You girls and your red meat! I couldn't stand the sight of it when I was pregnant with DS! I don't think I ate it once in 9 months. But my morning sickness was really really bad too, it never COMPLETELY went away. I think I ate chick-fil-a every single damn day starting in the second tri though. It'll be cool to see if it's different with this one

#268 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 05:32 PM

I totally craved protein and meats and definitely did not have a boy

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#269 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 06:18 PM

Nurse just called me and said my Progesterone levels from yesterday came back and were 34. That has to be good right? I can't find "normal" levels anywhere on google!

#270 of 304 Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 PM

And here I wanted a steak fajita with peppers.. with fried ice cream..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page