Reassure me! Snotty discharge! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 22 weeks pregnant, and two concerns have popped up this weekend! This weekend I was VERY achey from lack of sleep/uncomfortable bed..... And then I had round ligament pain ontop of it, so I was miserable all weekend, with a very sore body and felt PMS/crampiness.

I felt alot better after a GOOD nights sleep.

Then, yesterday and this morning I got some minor discharge (just a few little blobs) that is snotty in consistency, almost like boogers. Yes, I know, disturbing thought, but hey it's pregnancy, right? Some was clearish, some was yellow-y. Just gel like, or boogery. Not a huge amount. I've had this happen now twice, it seems to happen every few weeks, and then I have normal white discharge daily.

Should I be WORRIED? I have a call into doc, but haven't heard back yet, I didn't know if this was normal.

Dixielane (22) Wife to DH,  co-sleeping familybed1.gif, saynovax.gifexclusive BFing, BWing femalesling.GIF
Mommy to DD "S" born May 2010energy.gif & EXPECTING #2!! babyf.gifpos.gif due Jan. 2012
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart"

#2 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 01:44 PM

its EWCM... its what helped you get pregnant in the first place. Its normal for pregnant women to get it every now and then. No worries as long as it doesnt smell odd.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
its EWCM... its what helped you get pregnant in the first place. Its normal for pregnant women to get it every now and then. No worries as long as it doesnt smell odd.
It doesnt look like EWCM... that stuff looked goopy and creamy. This is more.... like white, yellow tinged boogers. lol

Im just worried about it being mucus plug..?

Dixielane (22) Wife to DH,  co-sleeping familybed1.gif, saynovax.gifexclusive BFing, BWing femalesling.GIF
Mommy to DD "S" born May 2010energy.gif & EXPECTING #2!! babyf.gifpos.gif due Jan. 2012

#4 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM

Your plug is usually more jelly-like than boogery.

But in either case... losing some of it doesn't signify anything really if that's what it was. It could still be a full 20 weeks before you go into labor.

If it was bloody Id worry... but if not then no reason in my mind to worry.

But let your doctor reassure you. They are better than some random online person.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Well I was wanting to get some of the "oh that happened to me' kind of stories LOL Regardless, I called my doc....

She scheduled me to come in, and was thinking UTI infec. She wants to do urinalysis to rule that out, and go from there.. She said UTIs can go pretty symptom-less during pregnancy, but cause weird discharge and even mild contractions.

#6 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 03:02 PM

Here i am, your "it's happening to me too" buddy...

This is my #2 and i've had snotty-looking discharge a few times now. The only time it really concerned me was the day i was moving house(last Sunday), because i KNEW i was lifting more than i should, and it caused me to have a swift re-think and a lie down!

I have noticed that i get the snotty-looking stuff more when i'm not well-hydrated. I did feel my cervix and the outer os is a little open but it was months ago too (never really closes since i had DD) and i have had nothing bloody, only snotty stuff, so i think that's meaningless too.

I have been assured by all and sundry that it's normal, that if there's no blood and no contractions it's nothing to worry about, and that even if your mucus plug DOES come away early, it's totally irrelevant to labour - i.e. you can actually lose the whole thing at 22 weeks and it means nothing much, it regenerates. If there is blood it usually means more because the blood comes from the membranes separating from the cervix in a pre-labour fashion.

I'm due June 1st, and i'm eager to have the baby, but NOT eager to have it right now!
#7 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM

BTDT Perfectly normal though pretty gross. I've had it happen a couple of times, though it was most noticeable after my first pelvic exam. I'd say boogery is a perfect description for it. Glad to know I'm not the only one either. lol I never noticed it with my other two kids, but this one's been pretty different anyway.

Homeschooling, homebirthing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, APing, UC, super crunchy mom to Ezra(9), Adrian(5), and Lily(May 15) : Non-vaxed mom and babes
#8 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM

It sounds like normal pregnancy discharge to me, but I also know that my midwives say to call them if there is more than usual or accompanied by menstrual like cramps. If it's not usual for you then I think it's worth having it checked out.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#9 of 10 Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 PM

That sounds identical to my discharge and I've had it every couple hours of every day since I was about 20w. It's SO disgusting and incredibly annoying, but I've been told several times that it's perfectly normal... hth

Mama to Jack (2/14/10) and Madi (2/14/12) luxlove.gif my Valentine's babies!

#10 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 12:47 AM

i lost my daughter at 22 weeks in 2008. i lost 1/2 my mucous plug 3 weeks before (not blood tinged and not a huge amount) i lost her and the other 1/2 the night i went into labor (again, yellowish/slight neon-green color, no blood). i never found any answers as to what caused me to go into labor. this pregnancy (i am now 24w5d) i have had the same color and cosistency of what looks to be mucous plug since 15 weeks. i get it every 3-4 days or so, but it is just small small pieces. i've been getting bi-weekly cervical checks since 19 weeks and cervix has been wonderful at around 3.5-4 cms.

i'm not trying to scare you, but sometimes, sometimes what everyone says is probably normal might be a sign of something not very good. definitely get checked out, listen to your body and know the signs of preterm labor...www.marchofdimes.com

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page