Lower Abdominal/Uterine Constant Pain - 39 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-01-2010, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The first time this happened was on Saturday night. I was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart for 4 or 5 hours. I went to bed and tried to sleep. I couldn't sleep and after about an hour when the baby was moving my lower abdomen/uterus started having very intense pain - just on the lower part below my belly button, more to the front than sides. I tried to get out of bed and it was excruciating. Tried to move, change positions, drink some water and it was not getting any better. Once I thought I was able to actually get some words out I called my midwife. She thought it sounded like a charlie horse like cramp of my uterus. The pain is constant not coming and going. She suggested to take some calcium and try a warm bath or shower. The shower did the trick and the pain went away along with the contractions. This all lasted around 45 minutes.

Well today I was napping with my kids and the same thing happened. I haven't been having any regular contractions at all today and that seems to be the only difference.

I am 39w2d today and this is my 3rd full term baby. I did have an emergency c-section with my 1st and successful HBAC with my 2nd.

Has anyone experienced anything like this late in pregnancy?

Mama to DS (5), DD(2.5) and due February 6th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I occasionally get very sharp and piercing pain in one spot in my lower abdomen, usually after being fairly active or moving a lot. I had it constant for a couple days after doing too much on the wii fit too .. but I'm thinking mine sounds a little different than what you're describing. Though with that pain, I haven't found anything that helps it go away other than being really still and trying to stay comfortable.

I hope you get some relief or figure out what's going on!

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page