March Mamas! It's here 3-1/3-15!! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
went to hospital last night. thought i was too early, but was already crowning. 30 min later baby born in water!!!!!!! yay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 10:31 PM

PumkinSeeds!!! That's great! You got the water birth. I'm so happy for you. Maybe those bladder contrax were uterine contrax instead. We need details! Enjoy your baby.

There are lots of updates to be made to the roll call. . .and maybe someone can start a new thread tomorrow. I'd do it, but I'm going to be busy having a baby! (ha! we'll see about that).

So, I am still to be counted among those "in waiting." Official due date is tomorrow. Things seems to be much the same as they've been all week. . .lots of pressure, and a few contrax here and there, but nothing that gives me pause.

Each time I have a contrax, I stop and really focus on it, like I'm just going to will them to get stronger and more frequent! Bring it on, I say! I've also been doing daily visual imagery of my cervix opening and my baby passing through. It can't hurt, right?

How are the rest of you mamas in waiting doing?

Looking forward to more baby announcements!

namaste.gif

#273 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 11:15 PM

I just got home from the hospital tonight with Kellen Matthew. He was born Friday morning at 4:57am, and weighed in at nine pounds and 21 1/2 inches. He is a sweetie, but his whole labor sucked!: I'm okay with it now, but it was hard at the time. I'll post my story soon. My crotch hurts sitting on this hard chair, and for some reason the computer isn't keeping up with my typing and with my error rate, it's really annoying.

Congrats to all who had babies this weekend! It sounds like it was baby city around here.

Soon, we will all be starting our thread on LWAB -- I mod that board so it's nice to be there "officially" finally.
#274 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 11:28 PM

Congrats PumpkinSeeds! Wow 30 minutes AND your water birth! Sounds just like you wanted...please post the story when you get time.

Jish, congrats to you and Kellen! Can't wait to see pics/read about it.

Mamaroni, OceanOne, kirstie, willowsmama, PinkSunfish...did I miss anyone? How are you all doing? I'm almost finished with a quilt I'm making for Darian so after that's done I'll be totally prepared (yeah right :LOL) for him to make an appearance. I've been eating like a pig this week but am losing weight. I've definitely dropped as well...hopefully I will not go past my edd, but we'll have to wait and see... Happy waiting to all of you and anyone else I missed!

Rachel
#275 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Wow! to all the 'new' mamas! That was quick. I can't wait to read all the new birth stories.

I'm still here among the waiting.lol Due date was offically 3-13, I'm going to be induced Mon. night or Tues. if little guy isn't here by morning. I know alot of different feeling and opinions surround induction please understand this is a hard decision for me. I am NOT choosing to be induced for convience, my back problems are getting worse by the day and this is the best decision for all of my family. Please don't flame me.
#276 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 01:09 AM

Oh Helen, I don't think anyone would flame you! You have made an educated decision that, like you said, is best for you and your family. That's the best--that's what I think most of us on this thread would want for anyone.

Keep us posted. . .happy, gentle birthing vibes to you!

namaste.gif

#277 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 03:36 AM

WOW! So many new babies!!! Congrats indigolilybear, Jish, and pumpkinseeds!!!! How exciting, I can't WAIT to hear more.

STILL here--who else is left? Of course, I have a week until I'm due, but I'm ready
#278 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 07:34 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!

Pumpkinseeds , I am so pleased for you, you got your water birth! Can't wait to read your story, sounds very exciting.

Jish , fantastic news and welcome to Kellen Matthew. I am sorry that your labour was not what you would have wanted. Best wishes to all of you.

Willowsmama: Very best wishes for you induction. Noone here will flame you I'm sure. everyone has to make the decision that is right for them. All the very best and I look forward to reading about your new wee one soon.

I am starting to feel very envious now. I want my baby to come too!! I still have two weeks until my EDD so I'll just have to hang on and get some rest while I still can.

We have finally rearranged our bedroom so that we can fit the swinging crib (and eventually the bedside cot) in. We should have done it years ago, the room looks much bigger! I feel so much better now we have done that, so the baby can come now if it wants .

I haven't had any twinges or signs that anything is about to happen although I got DH to feel my cervix and he reports that it is very high and soft (TMI? ).

I have an appointment on Wednesday to check on the growth of the baby, I am hoping that they won't try to scare me into an early induction or anything. Afterall, I am not expecting this baby to be as big as Taurin!

to everyone and to all!
#279 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RacheePoo
Mamaroni, OceanOne, kirstie, willowsmama, PinkSunfish...did I miss anyone?
me! please don't forget me... i'm 10 days late!

Pumkinseeds--How AWESOME for you! Welcome new baby!

Jish--SOOO glad you have sweet Kellen in your arms. You're not going to believe this, but Kellen was on our short list for a boy! We really like it.

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#280 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 12:15 PM

Congrats Jish and pumkinseeds...I can't wait to hear your birth story jish.

I am still waiting (but not overdue...and nothing is going on.)

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#281 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 12:16 PM

I'm still among the waiting. Three or four days past my edd.

Congrats to all the new babes and families.

The last two nights I have had birth dreams and signs that I *hoped* but sort of knew were not indicative of labor. In last night's dream I dreamt that I'd had my baby but had no memory of the birth. I am getting anxious too, remembering what hard work it is but also just wanting to be on to the next chapter with the baby in my arms. I am crabby (barked at dd this a.m. for sitting in snow while trying to get her in the car. . . I sounded like one of those moms that make me want to roll my eyes when I see/hear them in public). I am tired of people's well intended but stinging comments; I'm so swollen everywhere that I am embarrassed to be seen. WAH.

It's another mild day here so I'll go for my daily walk soon and see if that stirs anything up. On yesterday's walk (went by myself) I tried to follow Claire's example and have a little talk with the baby about how nice it would be to meet him when he is ready, but stressing that mom is pretty ready.

Way back when we were all discussing when we thought our babes would arrive, I said I thought either 2/29 or 3/17. We'll see if I stay on target for 3/17; I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd go longer than that. . . . but even two more days feels like an eternity. If Weds comes and goes with no baby or no sign of baby, I might be ready for the cookoo house.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Sorry to be such a downer, especially for all of you who are totally blissing out on your babes. . . . don't mean to kill your buzz. Off to sit on my bball.
#282 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 12:48 PM

Hey fiacre, I'm with ya! Don't worry about it. We can still be grumpy, over-due mamas! The others won't mind, I'm sure. I won't officially be over due until tomorroow, but I "feel" your pain! I'm bloated as well. Yesterday I went to a family function (a baptizm gathering for a 5-day old cousin) and I only had ONE shirt that fit me, and it barely did. It was gapping a little. Oh, and enduring the "you must be soooo ready" comments. Gee, is it that obvious!?! :LOL

Last night I was up again from about 12:30 to 4, having contrax, and extreme pressure on my rectum. I spent most of that time on the toilet, realy thinking it was "it." But I just breathed, tried to relax, and did end up falling back asleep. The contrax didn't stop me in my tracks, but they were definitely more than BH. For a couple hours, they were pretty regular up to every 5 minutes or so, too. I figure maybe I at least got another cm out of it!

Here I sit on my birth ball. . .

namaste.gif

#283 of 283 Old 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM

Here is the link to the 3/15-3/31 thread!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...35#post1199235

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page