March Mamas! It's here 3-1/3-15!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations dancinggirl and little Ava!!!
What a pretty name! How exciting...
rest up and then come back and share your story!!
#62 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 04:53 PM

Yeah, Dancingirl and little Ava! Enjoy your Babymoon! Please, post a birth story when you have a chance to. I'd love to hear all about it! Congrats!

Bebeluna -- let's hope 1. you go into labor (cuz I know you're ready) and 2. It only snows 3/4 of an inch.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#63 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 05:10 PM

Oh, Jerilyn, congratulations! (Now, I have to go back and see how you were feeling at your last post.)

How exciting. Glad to hear you're home and both doing well. I can't wait to hear more too!

Claire, :LOL about your wish for bebe luna and 3/4 in. of snow!

edit: well, I see we did not hear from dancinggirl on this thread, guess she was busy having a baby!

and kirstie, bummer about your appointment, but it sounds like you've got everything all figured out.

namaste.gif

#64 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 05:17 PM

Congratulations, Jerilyn, and welcome to little Ava!!!! How exciting!

I keep looking for all the new birth stories...can't wait to read them.

bebeluna...you're certainly a lot closer than me--I was checked today (at 37.5 wks), and I am 50% effaced and closed up tight. Ah, well, I figure I've got three more weeks at least anyway. But, with Erik I was like that...having contractions every day, for a few hours...for 2 weeks. But when I got to the hospital, I was dialated to 6, and it hadn't been that hard. I hope your baby comes soon!!

Kirstie, I'm sorry it was such a disappointment...it sounds like your OB was pretty much an idiot today. Ugh. I also am glad for you that he thinks you are a week earlier than you are--let's hope that stays! I'm glad for the 2 extra days this midwife gives me compared to my doctor before we moved...I don't want pressure to be induced, etc. Hugs and very positive vibes for you...
#65 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 05:34 PM

Congratulations to the new babies and their mothers! I can't wait to hear the birth stories of Miss Piggy, Gina, and Jerilyn! Who else did I forget? Sorry if I forgot you, So exciting!!! Yay!

I'm neg for GBS and my fluid index is normal. I'm hoping this baby will come a little early so I don't have to start deciding about inducement due to insulin dependent gestational diabetes.
#66 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 05:49 PM

Yea! dancinggirl!!! Welcome Ava!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#67 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 06:11 PM

Quote:
THe labor index for today shows a huge chance of labor over the midwest. It's centered around Iowa
Hey!!!! I'm in IOWA!!! Come and get me, labor. :LOL Unfortunately, nothing is happening here which is good for my ds's spring program -- don't want to miss that. But I would be willing to go anytime after that.

Unfortunately, with my prior two pregnancies, I have weathered many a severe shifts in barometric pressure, and a couple of full moons with no results. I'm not getting my hopes up.:

Welcome, Ava!!! Congrats to the whole family.
#68 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 06:58 PM

Nothing happening here. Went to the mall today and when we were leaving (didn't bring a stroller), dd decided not to walk anymore, so I had to carry her from the first floor on one side of the mall to the second of the other to get to the car. I had about 3 contrax on the way, but as soon as we got in the car and I caught my breath and drank some water, nothing.

On the other hand, we are in a winter storm watch tonight and supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow (doesn't it just figure that I forgot dd's coat at my parents house the other night when it was soooo nice?). Maybe that'll do something here. My sister's birthday is on Sat, so I have something to shoot for. Of course, that's also when our tub is being delivered.

Spark- I'm in St. Paul, MN, so maybe that pressure thing will hit here, huh? (Maybe that's why we're in a storm watch?)

Congrats Dancinggirl and little Ava!!

Hope everyone is well.

ETA just had a little freak out. My dh takes the bus to work in downtown Mpls, and the buses are on strike starting today, so we've been trying to figure out how to get him to and from work (we only have one car), and in the process, have completely spaced out on figuring out how he'll get home if I go into labor. The bus system has a thing where if you sign up, and have to go home in an emergency, they'll pay for your cab. He used it last year when I had to take dd to the ER in the middle of the day and they reimbursed him no problem, so I've kinda figured that we'd use that again, but with the strike, I doubt they'd honor it. So I just called him a little panicked to ask him what we'd do, to which he replied, "I'd still take a cab." Oh, duh. For some reason it hadn't occured to me to actually pay for one! That or my SIL works downtown also and she might be able to bring him home. It will all work out. Can I blame it on the hormones?

R~mama to 3

#69 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 07:00 PM

Yay Ava and Dancing girl. How exciting!
#70 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 07:41 PM

Many congratulations Dancingirl and welcome to Ava.
#71 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 09:22 PM

Thank you everyone for the info on GBS. I've been reading some web articles and they are freaking me out. So thanks for bringing me back to earth! I definitely am torn b/c I DON'T want to spend even a day in the hospital...but also don't really want the antibiotics issue...so I will have to really think about it.

Dancinggirl, CONGRATULATIONS on baby Ava!

kirstie-have you tried the Webster technique? It worked for me and for other mamas on this board...just a thought.

dnr :LOL on seducing your dh...it must have been in the air last night because I did as well...poor guy was SHOCKED! But unlike you, no blood or anything...guess it's too early still...

Jster, glad you are getting some closure on your soon to be ex...I'm glad serving the papers has brought you a little peace in an otherwise tough situation.

Can't see back more than 1 page of posts, so I can't do personals for everyone...but I'm sending out labor vibes to all who want them! (That would be almost everyone, right? :LOL)

Rachel
#72 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 11:07 PM

River Teagan was born at home in our tub at 1:51 am this morning. He's 8lbs 1oz, 20 3/4" long and a 14" head. He's perfect, and my labor was wonderful.
=======================
I went to a doula meeting yesterday and was having painless contractions during the meeting.
As I drove home I had a few more intense
contractions. By the time I got home, I went upstairs to my husband's office
(he works from home) and told him I was ready to have this baby.

We went out to dinner and got some Tofu Pad Thai (you can tell my
husband loves me!) Then it was off to Whole Foods to get some juice
and food for our homebirth. The walking felt really good. Then I
decided I wanted some new plants to labor with, so we went by Home
Depot and got some flowers and ferns to put all over the bathroom. I
had to squat down at one point, but it sure felt good to walk around
the store. Being in the car between stores made the contractions
hurt - but once I was up and moving - it felt great. We went home
and tried to watch a movie and relax but the contractions were taking
my concentration at that point.

My 19 month old kept breathing along with me. When I leaned on the
birth ball, he'd get on the other side, and moaned like I did. It
made me laugh, and kept everything light. Around 10 or 10:30 pm we
called my mom, my doula, and my midwife to come over.

The only glitch was my step-father decided to come along with my
Mom. Ack! I told my husband he had to get him out of there. My
step-father is great, but there was no way I could relax with him
there - I knew labor would stall, or be prolonged... So my husband
took care of that quickly to my relief. My mom took Julian upstairs
to play while the rest of us stayed in the bedroom to labor.

I was on hands and knees on the birth ball - praising God for such an
invention. And praising Penny Simpkin's double hip squeeze - ahhhh.
And thanking my prenatal yoga instructors for showing my husband how
to help release my sacrum.

I was at 4cm at 11pm when Becky, my midwife, showed up. We labored for a while in
the bedroom on the floor, then moved to the tub. After a while, we
moved out to the bathroom floor - and I realized how great gardening
knee pads are! I was on hands and knees almost my entire labor.
Then back into the tub to birth my baby. My throat is sore today from
all the grunting and gutteral screaming I did. But all that
vocalization helped tremedously.

There was a point where Becky said, "This next contraction - I just
want you to think I CAN do this" And from that contraction on, I
just felt like I OWNED my labor. That was the turning point. It was
so empowering to feel him come out of my body. My mom walked in the
room as we were lifting him out of the water.

River Teagan was born in our tub at home at 1:51 am - just 3
hours after my midwife and doula got to my house. He's 8lbs 1oz, 20
3/4" long, 14" head. Just perfect.

I couldn't have done it without my birth team. My husband, doula and midwife all knew just what to do and what to say to help me
through. It was such a wonderful experience, and it all started off
with a doula meeting! How's that for the power of positive birth and female energy!
#73 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 11:11 PM

Rock on! : River! Sounds like things went wonderfully.

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#74 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 11:23 PM

Congratulations Cori! And welcome to the world, River! sounds like a great birth. . .good for you mama!

This is getting really exciting!

I've spent the past 5 hours pretty much in agony. . . major nausea, trips to the potty, ugh! I finally threw up about 1/2 hour ago and feel better, but still pretty icky. I'm not feeling any regular ctx, but I am feeling some--mostly crampiness, though, rather than surges. I think my best bet is to head to bed.

namaste.gif

#75 of 283 Old 03-04-2004, 11:57 PM

Welcome River and Ava:

How exciting with all of these March babies arriving and it's only March 4th!!

I had a MW appt today, 3 cm dialated, baby at -1 and cervix very soft. I have been having lots of contractions the past 2 days. Everyone at my MW's thinks I will have the baby this weekend. I consulted the 8 ball at their office asking " Will I have this baby this weekend" and it said without a doubt

I have to admit though that I am really very nervous. It's funny with DS I guess I might have been a little nervous just at the unknown but I was much more excited about having the baby. Now, besides that I woke up yesterday with a horrible cough that is very painful and the thought of having strong contractions with the possibility of having a coughing attack...freaks me out I am also nervous that I won't be able to handle the pain like I did with DS's birth. I'm really not sure why I am fearful of this...maybe because I now know what birth feels like (I don't mean to try to scare any 1st time moms) and even though I had a awesome natural birth with DS I still find myself worrying a lot about not being able to do it again.

Well DS needs to go to bed and I need to stop rambling about myself : Keep those babies coming March mama's, I can't wait to hear more birth stories!!
#76 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 12:12 AM

Cori, what a great birth story! Happy Birthday River Teagan!
#77 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 12:37 AM

Welcome River Teagan!
Thank you so much for posting your birth story, too! I love that you OWNED your labor. That would be my wish for every laboring woman. How empowering! I love that it started after doula meeting and then walking around the stores is just wonderful! Yay! Congrats!

Mamaroni -- Hope you feel better. Puking with a big belly must be awful!

Coloradomom -- I think last week cold feet is pretty normal. I've had some fears pop up lately, too. You will get through it. You will own your labor, too!

#78 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 02:53 AM

welcome River and congrats Cori on an empowered birth. Great to hear at this stage of the game.

sending wonderfullly peaceful and gentle birthing vibes to you out there on the cusp!!
#79 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 08:44 AM

CONGRATUALTIONS livelybaby and welcome to River Teagan. What a lovely birth story - thank you so much for sharing it

My Update:

I had my follow-up growth scan today. I had one at 32 weeks which showed the baby was measuring two weeks ahead. I am now 36+5 and the baby is measuring as 41 weeks - its current estimated weight is 7.7 lbs!

Although I have had no sugar in my urine they tested my blood to rule out gestational diabetes. This had me concerned although I am presuming if they were seriously worried about it they would have had me in for a glucose tolerance test?

I am not too concerned about birthing a big baby but can't help the thoughts going round in my head about possible GD and/or possiblity of early induction (has not yet been mentioned).

I have to go back in a couple of weeks for another scan just to check how things are going. I have been so positive and well throughout this pregnancy (and my thyroid has been behaving wonderfully) it has knocked me back a bit to wonder if there may be problems at this late stage.

Having said all this, I myself was a big baby ( my Mum did not have GD) so it's not that unexpected.

Any advice you wise women have to give me would be most welcome.

to everyone.
#80 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 12:56 PM

Congratulations Dancinggirl and Livelybaby!!! Welcome Ava and River!!

i enjoyed your story Livelybaby. Happy nursing to the new moms!

Racheepoo, i've been doing the webster since the u/s two weeks ago and the mw, chiro, and i thought it had done it's trick. just the stupid OB was careless in his comment which just throws doubt into the situation. but, before i saw the ob, the mw wanted a solid backup plan incase the baby goes breech (or is still who knows) and that plan is to deliver a breech at home. baby thinks it has all the room in the world the way it moves around. just sucks, because i'm sure the baby is in place and i don't want to do exercises based on the ob opinion which wasn't thorough. i hate to dislodge the baby and have it turn breech. but, i'm still going to the chiro. it felt so good to have the pelvis area opened!!!

saw Larry the cable guy last night. it was good to belly laugh for a few hours. got some contractions going, but only some.

hope this weekend is productive for some of the moms here. especially those expecting snow! nothing like a storm to bring a baby out!!
#81 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 01:08 PM

Congrats to the new babies!! River's birth was inspiring. I love the part where you said you OWNED your labor. And good for your dh to support you with getting your stepfather out when you needed it.

Mamaroni- How are you? Was your bathroom visiting signs of impending labor? I'm on my toes wondering if you're in labor right now?

PinkSunfish- big baby? what are they basing that on exactly? ultrasounds are notoriously off after 20 weeks, getting more and more off with each passing week, yet for some reason doctors continue to act like they are the end all and give soooo much info. They could be off as much as a pound. I honestly believe that, barring some strange development in your blood sugar situation, your body will not grow a baby it can't get out. Big babies are healthy and happy too. They tend to be calmer and sleep easier. You will be fine. Deep breath.

We did get a lot of snow, about 5 inches or so. The bus strike is really cramping dh's style. A friend of ours picked him up for work today. Normally, dh's alarm goes off around 6:45 and he wanders out of bed about 7 and leaves about 7:30. Today, it went off at 6:15 and he fell back asleep and I woke up at 6:50 and asked him what time he was getting picked up. He jumped out of bed saying 7! Luckily for both of us (probably more so for me), the snow made our friend late, so dh got ready really fast, then had time to shovel and clean the car off. Woo Hooo, I don't have to walk in the snow quite as much!!

hope everyone has a great day!

R~mama to 3

#82 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 01:21 PM

Thanks dnr - I am sure that you are right. I have pretty "sturdy" hips so I am very optimistic that the baby will get through okay.

The main thing that is concerning me is the possibility of GD but I wonder how likely that is at this late stage when I haven't had any symptoms? It isn't easy to find out that kind of information. I suppose these are all questions I should have asked at the appointment but when you're there your brain turns to mush IYSWIM. I have a midwife appointment on Tuesday so I will raise these concerns with her then.

I have been wondering the same thing about Mamaroni - she has been unusually quiet today .

to everyone
#83 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 01:37 PM

Pinksunfish,
I like this website re: GD she has lots and lots of info on there and lots of references too.

YOu don't have to be a plus sized mama to get great info on her site.

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/gd/gd_index.html
#84 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 01:38 PM

Thanks PumpkinSeeds, I have bookmarked the site, looks like there is lots of useful info there.
#85 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 01:48 PM

Come to think of it, I haven't heard from Mamaroni today either. We usually e-mail back and forth. In her last e-mail sent last night she said she was pretty sure the baby wasn't coming until at least the 15th (EDD). So, I'll go ahead and believe her thinking. She did say that she was just vomiting, but no ctx. Hopefully, she's not still vomiting.

PinkSunfish -- I totally agree with DNR -- U/S are more and more innacurate later in pregnancy and that your body won't grow a baby too big for your body. Are you well educated on different birth positions? Some positions (like squatting) opens up the pelvis much more than on back in bed. I wouldn't give too much energy to the idea of GD. If you aren't showing any signs other than an U/S's opinion that you're carrying a large for dates baby, then I don't think it's worth your effort to worry about it.

#86 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 02:47 PM

Mamaroni's not in labor. Just to keep enquiring minds in the know. But, she is sick. Yuck! Sending her stop vomiting, get rehydrated vibes.

#87 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 02:59 PM

Thanks Spark! Yes, I am sick. I have the stomach flu, I guess. My ds had it two nights ago. I haven't had any elimination "episodes" since the middle of the night, and I'm about to get us all down for naps. I'm really achy and very tired. I need to get rested up so I can have a baby soon!

I saw my mw today. I'm measuring 34 (down from 36 last time) so I guess the baby has dropped some. She thought maybe -3 station. Baby is loa (had been pretty much directly posterior). So, I'm ready! (whenever she is, that is).

OK, just wanted to touch base. I really need to lie down.

namaste.gif

#88 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 03:10 PM

STOP VOMITING VIBES!
#89 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 03:15 PM

Mamaroni I can't even imagine being sick now.

I am starting to lose my plug....
#90 of 283 Old 03-05-2004, 03:20 PM

Mamroni: STOP vomiting right now

PumpkinSeeds : how exciting!

Spark: Thanks very much for the support. I am sure you are right! Ed: to add, I feel pretty well educated about birth positions, I have been to lots of good antenatal classes and antenatal yoga. I will definately be arguing with them if they try to get me into a bed .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page