March Mamas! It's here 3-1/3-15!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 283 Old 03-06-2004, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spark, that's a bummer... I'm afraid that will happen to me too since I have no idea what labor is supposed to be like. Maybe I'll be dialated to 7 or something with absolutely no pain before my water breaks (yeah right, I know, but a girl can dream).

bebeluna :LOL, at least you're getting some fresh air! When are you due exactly-I can't see from this page?

On another note that is totally unrelated, I am SO SICK of being SICK. I lost lunch yesterday at Coco's (luckily I made it outside) and today lost it in the car on the way back from buying nursing bras. Thank goodness dh is so wonderful...he cleaned it all up and took care of me too. Honestly, someone please tell me it won't always be this way. I don't know if I can handle having another one unless it's better...

Sorry for the downer. I hope everyone is doing well, and maybe some babies will take note of the full moon tonight and come out already!
Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 283 Old 03-06-2004, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RacheePoo
Spark, that's a bummer... I'm afraid that will happen to me too since I have no idea what labor is supposed to be like. Maybe I'll be dialated to 7 or something with absolutely no pain before my water breaks (yeah right, I know, but a girl can dream).
Well w/ my 1st pg, I was dilated to about 7 before the pain hit... and never noticed losing my mucuous plug, never had any major continual ctx, and my water had not broken yet... I had really mild ctx, my midwife checked me and found I was dilated to 7cm... I went for a walk, came back, started having painful ctx, was dilated to 8... set up the birthing tub, got in, almost immediately began pushing... ds was born less than 30 minutes later... so sometimes labor does "surprise" you!

Quote:
bebeluna :LOL, at least you're getting some fresh air! When are you due exactly-I can't see from this page?
I was 'due' March 3rd

I hope you feel better soon!!
#123 of 283 Old 03-06-2004, 10:32 PM

hi everyone!! i just got home this afternoon, baby Dylan was born on 3.04.04 at 1:57am via c-section after almost 24 ours of active labor & 4 hours of pushing (as his head was transverse and he was lying on his side and just would not turn- i could not get past station 0) he was 9lbs5oz and 20 inches long and dh & I are in love!!!!! i will post my birth story when it's written & pics when I get them uploaded but wanted to let you all know all is well!!!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#124 of 283 Old 03-06-2004, 10:51 PM

Congratulations rainbowmoon, and welcome to dylan! I can't wait to hear your story.

namaste.gif

#125 of 283 Old 03-06-2004, 11:35 PM

Rainbowmoon! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until you have a chance to post the birth story.

Thanks bebeluna-for sharing your 1st birth experience, it really gives me hope!!! Sorry about you being in the ODC...
#126 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats Rainbowmoon!

I updated everyone I could find. Please LMK if I've missed anyone. If I did it wasn't on purpose and I would love to correct my mistake!

I was having some contractions today. in hopes of encouraging them, I seduced my poor, ill dh(lol), went to the fabric store, took a nap and went for a walk. I'm now on to cleaning the house and doing laundry. i doubt I'll get more then a clean house and clean clothes along with an aching back.: my chiro is going to love me on mon. He can barely put me back together as fast as I'm faling apart. I see him on Mon., by Wed. I'm all out of alignment.

Gearing up for the arguement I'm sure my dr. is going to put up on Tues. I'm starting to think Giles is hiding just to screw with the dr. lol I think he has the same sense of humor dh & I share.lol
#127 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 12:47 AM

Congrats to all the new mamas and babies!

Here's River's birth story in photos, thanks to our wonderful doula who was also our photojournalist and videographer!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b34e08af65c2

Click on View Pictures, then "View as Slideshow"
#128 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 01:37 AM

Congratulations Rainbowmom!

Cori, those are great pics of River and of the birth.

This is so exciting!

BebeLuna, what name did you end up choosing? I know you had doubts about one that you had chosen earlier.

Claire

Rachepoo, oh my! I can't even image being sick like that, you poor thing! Your husband sounds so sweet to be caring for you like that.

Willowsmama, I don't see a chiro now, but was just telling dh that if someone could just move my left pelvic bone forward and down a little bit I know I would feel so much better. Can I go see a chiro now in this late stage? What kind of method does your chiro use? Palmer trained chiros can never move my spine. I used to see a chiro many years ago, and he wasn't Palmer trained but I don't remember what it was? I wonder if I should call one...
#129 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Honestly, I don;t have a clue as to the method my chiro uses......he uses an activator and lots of massage. He also does the cranials after adjusting the spine. He's very gentle compared to other chiros I've seen yet effective. Everything kinda'slides 'into the proper alignment instead of being 'snapped' back. Much more comfortable.

Can't hurt to try chiropractic, call around to a few and see how they treat pregnant women. I've heard that some won't see pregnant women at all and others view chiro care almost mandatory during pregnancy.
#130 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 07:47 AM

Rainbowmoon, Congrats! I'm so glad that your baby is with you. Sounds like you had quite a labor. Please, post your birth story when you get a chance! I love to hear about little ones coming into the world!

Cori -- Those pics are gorgeous! What beautiful children you have. And, your belly cast is really cool.

Thanks everyone for the labor vibes... and then for the non-labor hugs. I appreciate it.

I don't know what i'm doing at this point. I guess just waiting. I know the baby will come. I just don't know when.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#131 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 07:51 AM

Rainbowmoon: Many congratulations and welcome to Dylan .

Livelybaby: Fantastic slideshow, what a gorgeous family, thanks for sharing the pictures.
#132 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 10:30 AM

Congrats to the new mamas and babies!! The stories are wonderful and so inspiring, can't wait to add one myself! And all these happy, healthy babes...what a wonder!

Sorry to those stuck in periodic laboring...I am 39weeks today and haven't really had any contractions or anything, but unlike last time I'm not really doing any of the things that could get that going (no sex, nipple stimulation, etc.) I found the stop and start so frustrating last time that I'm trying my best to just wait for baby this time...like Tracy was saying, you can end up with lots of labor but no baby, but the ideal is a little labor and an easy birth. Who knows if I'll make it much more in the patience department, though!!

Funny thing happened, all last week baby's butt was causing a major ache in my belly and gave me a round patch of stretchmarks right where it stuck out. So two nights ago I was talking to the baby and saying how funny it was that with Peri I got to enjoy learning the shape of one of her feet which was constantly sticking out of my side, but with the new baby I was only learning about his/her round bottom...and after that baby shifted away! So after mom's election on Tuesday (for town commissioner) I hope to have a little talk with baby and welcome him/her to come out...we'll see if it helps!

Oh, and I still don't have a middle name for a girl, but Suwannee is definitely the first name. I sure appreciated all the suggestions, but nothing's sounding quite right. Funny thing is, I love Suwannee Rose, but that's dd's middle name so no go. Hehe, got a bit of time, though, and maybe I'll just have to branch away from nature names to more traditional ones. Though I've tried them and none sound quite right. Anyone else still having name dilemmas???
#133 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 12:03 PM

OMG! I am gone for just a little while and there are three births!

Congrats to all the new babies and their mothers, fathers and siblings!

Spark so sorry to hear about your false start. grrrrr...

Nothing is new with me...my last day of work is this friday and I really hpe I don't go into labor until after Weds. We are having class pictures and I really want to be pictured. It is the first class I have taught so I really want the picture with me in it as a keepsake!

Of course that prolly means I WILL go into labor Weds. morning:

I can't wait to hear more birth stories!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#134 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 12:21 PM

Great pictures, livelybaby. What a gorgeous new boy you have. I love seeing his big brother smiling so much!

Rainbowmoon: Yippee! Congrats on Dylan's birth. I also can't wait to read the whole story.

Rachel: I don't know what the outcome ever was with the gastroenterologist, but it really seems apparent to me that you've had hyperemesis this whole pgy. My suggestion is that next time, you should find someone who will treat you for it as early as possible. Supposedly, the more aggressively it is treated, the better the outcome is. From what I understand, it is best to begin treatment pretty much when you find out you're pg. to you, I am sick of being sick, too, and I'm not even throwing up! It really will be over soon. You will be amazed at how great you feel after you give birth. I also think the stark contrast between sick pregnancy and the euphoria of having that new baby makes it even sweeter for some of us.

Claire: <sigh>

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#135 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 01:32 PM

Claire has been quiet for a while, I hope she is holding her babe as I type this! More good thoughts coming your way, mama. I have been thinking of you.

Jster. . .still having name issues here. I need to be holding my baby before I can really think about it.

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, and nothing much has been going on. to those of you experiencing the false starts, the same thing happened to me with my second. (with my first, my water broke suddenly a week early, so I sort of expected that for the second one). I even spent one night in the hospital , only to have to leave in the morning still preg. It was very frustrating. THen, 5 days after my due date, he came! You just never know what's going to happen. this time, I really have no idea when. But I am glad I'm having a homebirth so I don't have to wonder "should I be heading to the hospital?"

namaste.gif

#136 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 02:34 PM

Jster-yes, still not firm names. I have a list of boys and girls, first and middle names that I like. I like different combos of these names, but I'm waiting until I meet little one to decide.

So sorry for all the false starts. I think that would be more frusterating than my no start at all. Yes, I'm in the ODC officially as of today. My mom did arrive Friday night though and has really helped me get prepared. I think I've been purposly holding out. No hospital bag was packed, multiple "necessary" baby items weren't around. Turns out I really needed a mommy right now! If babe's not here by friday though I most likely will schedule a c-section for Sat. am.

Congrats to a all the beautiful babies. Cori, River Teagan is gorgeous and his birth photos inspiring. BTW, I've been considering Teagan for a middle name too. I swear I'm not copying if I end up with a Sage Teagan little boy!

Racheepoo- you are such a trooper! Nine months of puking everyday! I'd say you deserve the best prize in the world, but you'll already be getting that!

fiacre- thank you for the practical, legal side of it. Those things all make infinite sense, and I do not want to be one to take advantage of the welfare system, giving women who need help a bad rap. The assistance has meant the world to me.

bebeluna- thank you for the inspiring first birth story! So maybe all the while I'm sitting here feeling frusterated, I'm really busy contracting away!

Birthing vibes to all

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

#137 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 05:20 PM

Congratulations rainbowmoon and Dylan!!!

Well, I won't be pg forever.....
because I am finally in labor!

Woke up to a slow leak of fluid, which has been slowly leaking since early morning... and some bloody show... lots of ctx, becoming much more painful... hip, pelvis, groin pain and loads of pressure!

I am waiting until my ctx are a bit closer together and more urgent before I call my midwife and head in...

dh just took Talin to my moms.

I will keep you all updated, but will be gone for acouple days once I go in, because I have a tubal scheduled as well...

I hope to return to even more babies born!!

hang in there ladies, we all will be holding babies soon!
#138 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 05:21 PM

Oh, so happy for you, Jaze! good luck with all, sending you happy healty birthing vibes, and healing vibes for your surgery afterward!

And we're still waiting to hear from Claire!

namaste.gif

#139 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 05:36 PM

Just popped in for a second -- Congrats Jaze! Breathe and open!

I'm still with big belly. Ctx are 10 mins apart now and strong. I'm off for a long walk by myself now... with cell phone (just in case). Nothing sounds better.

#140 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 08:28 PM

Great!! happy birthing Jaze! and hoping for a wonderful, easy labor for you too as well, Spark!!

Thanks for posting pix of River. It's so nice to see at this point of the preg.

Jster--we too are at a standstill w/names. At a deadlock w/boys names, and girls we kind of agree more but we'll see.....I still will wait to see the babe. And NOW everyone is guessing girl! So I need to be ready either way.

Yesterday's blessingway was really really great. I felt so special and it worked out w/my mom being there.....she sobbed and sobbed. She even read a piece on birthing by yourself (thoguh she is ADAMANTLY opposed to the way we do our births!). I feel ready this time....not panicy like last time. ITs BOILING here in socal today....feels like summer, and basically it's just making me feel like it's a new time! Ready to hold and see this little baby for maybe the first time. ONe thing unexpected was dd (almost 5.5) cried through like half of the BW. She didn't like the intensity I think though, I also feel like she might be realizing this is real. She said she "didn't like the freaky and sad 'prays' (blessings people said)" They did a guided meditation on birthing and since she was somewhat traumatized by DS"s birth, I think she may be processing this some more. I thought she'd just love it, and she did when all was said and done (especially the presents and tons of desserts) but it was strange seeing her crying. Everyone was so sweet to her, bringing her beads for a anklet and special little gifts. And now I have a beautiful suncatcher made of beads everyone brought for me hanging over the birth tub that was blown up today!! I think we're almost ready.....

anyway we still probably have around a month though. Happy birthing mamas out there.....can't wait to hear some news!!!
#141 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 08:59 PM

Claire, thank you for the encouragement...it really helps. I will definitely take your advice to heart for the next preg...anything is better than this! I'm sorry you're sick as well...it does suck doesn't it?

YAY bebeluna! happy birthing!

indigolilybear-I'm with ya on the heat here...I had the bright idea of taking the dog to the park...I feel like I ran a marathon! It's supposed to be hot all week long. Didn't realize it was 90 degrees when we left with the dog, camera, and water bottle in tow... Your blessingway sounds so wonderful, and I'm glad your mom didn't freak out like you thought she might...sounds like she didn't cramp your style either.

Who's next for labor? I think I will be seeing you all go first...my mom keeps reminding me that first babies are often late, gee thanks mom! :LOL so I'm not getting wrapped up in the date, just hoping to hang in there until Darian decides to enter the world!

Rachel
#142 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 09:32 PM

Yay Jaze! Happy Birthing!

Indigolillybear, that blessingway sounds so beautiful and touching. I'm glad it worked out well with your mom. Your daughter will never forget those moments, and they are sure to be remembered fondly as she grows.

Willowsmama, thanks for the advice. I'm gonna check around. My lower back is killing me.

Claire, sending positive birthing vibes.

The weather here in Calif is just so nice, springy almost summery. It's nice to have all the windows open!
#143 of 283 Old 03-07-2004, 10:28 PM

And... then... there... was... not much going on. Well, I'm gonna say this birth is what it is... and that's just a little drawn out. I had a great walk, got some good ctx going, but then they went away when I came back home. So, I'll say this babe just isn't quite ready. I'm ready to come back to where most of us on the board are -- waiting for our babe to make thier arrival known.

Rachel -- I think it was Colleen (mamaroni) that gave you the encouragement. Although, I'll send soem healing vibes your way, too. I hope you feel better soon!

Indigo -- Your blessingway sounds wonderful. And, I think it's wonderful that your DD is processing some birth stuff before the actual birthing day. I've been working with my son to clear some stuff from his birth. I think it's important to get everyone lined up with the new little one's entrance.

I'm off to rest. I'm not going to do anything I don't want to do until this baby comes. That's what I've decided. No more taking care of sick son or husband (thank goodness they're both well as of today). No more social engagements. Nothing! I'm going to walk, enjoy playing with my son, read and cuddle with DH. That's IT!

#144 of 283 Old 03-08-2004, 12:17 AM

Wow! Congratulations Rainbowmoon! I hope you have a peaceful recovery, and can't wait to hear your story.

Cori...wonderful pictures, and River is absolutely adorably perfect! You look fantastic too!

Jaze, I hope we don't hear from you for a few days!!! Excited to hear how it goes, though.

woohoo, just saw I have a chance of labor by the pressure chart tomorrow I'm feeling ready, though I still don't think I'll go early (and I'm just 38.5 weeks now)...but hey...I'm ready! Actually, it's funny. I say I'm ready, but that really means I'm ready emotionally. We're not really ready otherwise--our room is a chaotic disorganized mess, that we may have a chance to organize tonight. It's just not my skill (even when nesting) to have to try to find the best organization. So I need DH to help me.

Spark, that's exactly the labor I had with Erik--I had contractions for a few hours every day for 2 weeks before he was born. At the time it was exceptionally annoying, but it turned out to be a wonderful birth. I hope the same is true for you.

Well, I need to do some work tonight. Hope to have some more stories in the morning!
#145 of 283 Old 03-08-2004, 12:50 AM

Yea Jaze! So happy for your birthing day.

Spark- I love your attitude. When you could feel angry and fed up you choose to do all things that make you happy I love it!

Heythereheather-Me too. Me too. Birth index says high. I'll take it!

Goodnight all you mammas and mammas-to-be

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

#146 of 283 Old 03-08-2004, 09:17 AM

Ooh Happy Birthing Bebe luna. Can't wait to hear how everything goes.

Spark: lots more to you as well. Sounds like you have a great attitude there.

I think my baby has moved down a bit, I am definately feeling mroe pressure lower down, just have to see what the MW says tomorrow. Hopefully I can persuade her to find out my blood test results as well.

We did a big clearout this weekend so I am feeling much mroe prepared for the baby to come. I have this strong feeling the baby will be a wee early but since I have never been psychic, I'm not going to invest too much in that and just wait and see what happens!

to everyone.
#147 of 283 Old 03-08-2004, 09:32 AM

Congratulations Rainbowmom and your new baby, Dylan!!! Yea!!

Happy laboring, Bebe Luna and Spark!
#148 of 283 Old 03-08-2004, 02:12 PM

Well, I'm so glad I had a day to do wonderful things... because the best part of the day happened just around midnight. I began labor again! YAY!

I'm upstairs tucked into bed with my new daughter and my sweet son.

My DH and I labored by ourselves from midnight until I started pushing around 3am. It was a pretty quick labor once everything got going. Hypno worked great, I never felt transition. I was hving some difficulty pushing out the baby when the MW arrived. She guided me and I went with the flow. Cicely Margaret was born at 4:15am, just an hour after the MW arrived. It was a great birth! She's beautiful and my son is in love with her. I feel great... didn't evenneed the peri bottle for my first pee.

Birth blessings to each of you!

Happiness is holding your new baby for the very first time... and holding your older child fro the 345,989th time.

#149 of 283 Old 03-08-2004, 02:19 PM

Yay Claire!!!! Congrats!! Can't wait to hear the whole story! Enjoy the new one.

R~mama to 3

#150 of 283 Old 03-08-2004, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Spark!!!!!!!!

Well, the vomit fairy made it over to my house.: Poor dd was throwing up in her sleep last night. Thank goodness she still sleeps in our bed or she could have had major problems!Scared the crap out of me & dh, she hardly made a sound when she started choking. DH & I fell back asleep with both of us holding her. He stayed home to help me out. Plus he getting whatever dd has.

I have my appt. with the dr. tomorrow. i'm so tired of being pregnant, I'm almost ready to give to being induced. heck, I'll admit it, the only problem I'm having with induction right now is the Pitocin. Does that make me a horrible mom?

off to nap.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page