March Mamas! It's here 3-1/3-15!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2004, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Colleen, thanks for thinking of me...

I must say you're way behind on the whole "don't get your hopes up" process! :LOL I'm getting pretty good at it, mostly cause I've actually started to believe that this is going to be a 42 week pregnancy...

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2004, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by citizenfong
I must say you're way behind on the whole "don't get your hopes up" process! :LOL
Well, I'm really good at it, apparently, until *I'm* 39 weeks pregnant!! :LOL

namaste.gif

Old 03-10-2004, 01:26 AM

Spark- Happy babymoon to you. Your birth story is beautiful as well as babe.
Rainbowmoon-I loved your birth experience. IMO, it's just what every woman should arrive at. A scenario where she is in control, and makes the best decision for herslef at the time, not what she thought would be best or wanted to happen. And a gorgeous baby to boot

Mamaroni-Yes I'm still here, albeit with a not very fun cold. I've been sick since Sunday and b/t my head fog, and my visiting mother trying to wear the baby out of me, I've been a bit too delirious to post. Still keeping up though. I'm going to the ob tomorrow to talk about scheduling a c/s later this week. I'm still on the fence about it, very much. But I really want my mother to be here for the birth and she's leaving Sunday, and dp is less and less comfortable with a breech delivery as the overdue days drag on. I really want to respect my baby though and act in their best benefit. It would be nice and so much easier if I just went into labor TONIGHT! But I still feel like no where close. I did begin homeopathic remedies for labor onset today, so please everyone, keep your fingers crossed!
My momma did take me and dp out for a "last supper" tonight. I had spicy Indian food and creme brulee. (Two different restaurants required:LOL) Come on baby...spicy food should do it, right? ...Headed upstairs to hop in the bath dp drew up for me
Love to all, happy sleeping, laboring, birthing gestating...whatever the stars have ordained

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

Old 03-10-2004, 11:55 AM

Good morning, Ladies! I'm' still here, but going stir crazy. I dropped the van off at the dealership yesterday morning so they could dig into the mouse damage. After a while they called my dh and asked him to contact our insurance company. There is really no point since we carry $1000.00 deductables on our vehicles to keep the cost down and have an emergency fund to cover if needed. Neither one of us have ever made a claim in our lives. They wouldn't do anything to the vehicle until we had heard back from our insurance company, despite the fact that we told them we were going to pay for it ourselves. Well by the time we finally heard back from the insurance company it was about 2:30pm (I had the van there at 8:30am). They didn't do diddly squat to it. The dealership seems very upset that insurance isn't going to be involved. Dh and I think that they were planning on using us to bilk our insurance and were pretty disappointed when we told them our deductable and that we would pay ourselves. If we had had a $100.00 deductable I think they would have really pumped up the charges figuring we wouldn't be paying for it anyway. It's frustrating.

Needless to say, because of their screwing around, they didn't get anything done on it yesterday and it is still sitting there this morning. I'm not a homebody and I miss my ride. Dh is having to leave work to take ds to school, and both boys have dental appointments afterschool, and if the van isn't done, I have no idea how we are going to get them there. Darned dealership.

No labor going on here. Funny thing though, as I was dropping off my car at the dealership yesterday, the OB with whom I have my next appointment was there dropping off her van too. Her kids also go to the same school as mine. Only two of the five obgyns in the office are going to be in town next week (it's spring break here) and I feel sorry for them. They are going to be busy. Imaging having to staff the hospital and the office with only two doctors. They are both going to be basically on call all the time -- uugh! Since it looks like I won't get my own doctor at this point, I hope I get her, since the other doctor REALLY likes interventions.:

I tried to get a bit more sleep last night so we'll see how the day goes. Good luck to anyone who might be in labor! I'm still waiting for the mystery of labor to start. More later.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:20 PM

lost my plug this morning!!!! hopefully that means something. Nothing else happening. Boards moving slow, maybe we have some mamas in labor land...

R~mama to 3

Old 03-10-2004, 04:34 PM

Yay dnr! As for me, just really quiet, not in labor. Enjoying these last few days with my toddler.

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:49 PM

DO NOT READ...DOWNER POST!!! JUST NEED TO VENT...

Doc checked me this morning. Big mistake-nothing, nada, tight as a clam, hard as a drum. Now I"m totally depressed and feeling like I should've stayed at work a few more wks. He won't induce until Easter, which is good (I keep telling myself) because I don't want to be induced...I know, first babies sometimes come late and I'm still 10 days from my "estimated" due date...I am just wretched. WHY WHY WHY can't he just come out now? How many more days of throwing up do I have to endure? I am feeling so selfish and self absorbed. I can't be there for anyone because I cannot pull the focus of my miserable, waddling self for even an hour. I hate that I've become this way and I"m honestly starting to resent being pregnant. Then I feel like I'm bringing bad karma on myself and the baby for feeling that way. It's a vicious cycle.

OKAY FINISHED NOW...LET THE LABORING RESUME!

Hope everyone is doing well with their new babies, hang in there to everyone who is still waiting...hope everyone is feeling okay and sorry Jish about your van situation.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:58 PM

hang in there racheepoo. you never know what each baby is going to do. tight as a drum today, loose as a goose tomorrow. keep your chin up!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:12 PM

Racheepoo and others due in the next week or two (like me due the 21st) My first son came three weeks early. I was sure this one would come early too. But at the risk of sounding crazy, I'm starting to wonder if this baby is waiting to be born an Aries instead of a Pisces. Doesn't it change on the 20th? I went to have an NST and didn't have ANY uterine contractions even though last month I was suffering with tons of bx hx.

Who knows? Just a thought....
Old 03-10-2004, 07:43 PM

Racheepoo - we are in the same boat, thought I am 'due' tomorrow. At my apt. last week I got the same news you got today and went into a funk. As predicted, I made it to my apt. this week (today) and teh baby's head is still so high that it wasn't even worth getting a pelvic to confirm what I know to be zilch for action. And I'm with you on feeling like the novelty has worn off. My first week out of work was sort of spent searching for things to do, but now that I am in week two, I think I have the hang of it. I had hoped to have some 'vacation' before the baby and I am trying to be one with it (I've not had meaningful time off from work since xmas '02). I've made little plans for myself each day to get out and have been psending quality time with my dd. A good dose of retail therapy can't hurt either. . . . . I think I actually got high on bargains at Kohl's on Monday
Seriously though, I was sick like you with dd and I know how exhausting it can be physically and mentally. I am amazed, as others have been, that you were not treated in some meaningful way for hyperemesis. . . . I was on Zofran and though it didn't stop the vomit, it limited it to 1x a day or every other day, which today doesn't sound like much, but then it was quite a relief. try to hang in there and do some things you enjoy before your baby arrives. Don't worry about being self-absorbed right now, give yourself some latitude; your feelings are totally justifiable.

Yipee to the mamas who are in labor or seeing signs of labor in the near future. Can't wait to join you!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RacheePoo
I am feeling so selfish and self absorbed. I can't be there for anyone because I cannot pull the focus of my miserable, waddling self for even an hour. I hate that I've become this way and I"m honestly starting to resent being pregnant. Then I feel like I'm bringing bad karma on myself and the baby for feeling that way. It's a vicious cycle.
Rachael! I am so glad you posted this!!! I am so glad to know I'm not the only one feeling SO guilty. I think I have a little more perspective hearing it from you. From the outside it seems RIDICULOUS that you would feel guilty. WE all feel sorry for you and how much all that vomiting must stink!

I think my guilt comes partly from the fact that it seems like my primary desire to have this baby finally is so I won't be sick anymore and it makes me feel so selfish somehow. And it's not like I don't KNOW that it's worth it (whereas you only have other peoples' word on it...at least that's how I felt last time). But that doesn't explain it all. I really don't understand why we would feel this way. Good grief, I'm crying now. This makes me cry all the time! I've cried more in the last month of this pregnancy than in my whole last one and all of the rest of this one put together.

Let's decide together to try not to feel so guilty anyway. What do you say?

BTW, with my last labor I was fingertip dilated at 3pm and holding my baby at 8:30pm. It really does happen that way for some!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
Old 03-10-2004, 09:40 PM

Well I am finally home and holding my new baby!!
Taurin Lynx was born Monday morning at 4:22 am. He weighed a whopping 11 lbs and 1 oz! and 21.5 inches long...
He is huge! But very healthy!
Labor was very very hard! I went in to the hospital at 5PM having very uncomfortable ctx 2 minutes apart... midwife checked my cervix and I was only 3cm dilated and 80% effaced... yet my water had broke earlier in the day so they wanted me to stay...
I went for a walk and my aunt helped me w/ some healing touch... ctx kept getting more intense and pretty painful... I took a bath and then they checked me again at about 8PM... dilated to 4 cm... we began to fill the birthing tub and I took another walk... at about 9PM the ctx moved mostly to my back and hips and became what I would say unbearably painful... I tried the birthing ball, another bath, massage, various positions... at about 11PM I was dilated to 5cm w/ even more painful ctx coming 1 min apart... I got in the tub but felt the need to get out... I couldn't walk because of the pain and was getting very woozy...I asked for some relief, as much as I didn't want to. First I tried Vistral, a muscle relaxant, which did nothing for me... then I tried saline packs under my skin on my back... painful going in and no relief... ctx were getting more intense and close together... at 1am was dilated to 6cm.. I was also worn out and passing out from pain... I then tried nubain and felt "high" but no pain relief.... at 3AM I was dilated to 7cm and took an epidural.
I so didn't want to, but I couldn't bear the pain... after the epidural kicked in my labor progressed very quick. I quickly progressed to 10 cm, pushed for 19 minutes w/ no tearing , although he did get stuck and had to have his shoulders manuevered to get unstuck...and at 4:22 Taurin was born...and he wasn't posterior. He was quite bruised though! I think the fact that he was so big and me not very big was why I had so much pain and why I progressed so slow... he was having so much trouble getting down the canal...
but although it was hard and I had drugs (something I really didn't want) I am thrilled to be holding him.
I am feeling really good. Barely sore "down there"! He's getting the hang of nursing pretty well, and sleeping a lot!
The hospital was great... they provided essential oils, healing touch practioners, massage, relaxing music, and a super helpful, friendly staff. And unlike the hospital where Talin was born, they left you alone if you asked for as long as you pleased, so I really was able to get some rest...
I took a few baths w/ lavender salts, had healing touch every day, a massage, Taurin recieved healing touch and massage... it was quite nice. Being home is not quite as relaxing, but still it's nice to be w/ the rest of my family again.
I can't believe I had such a big baby!
My first was 8lbs 9oz and I thought he was big!

Congratulations Spark and baby Cicely! What a delightful birth story!!!

Well I hope to hear of more births around here soon!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:50 PM

Jaze, what a great birth story! Happy Birthday Taurin! 11 lbs 1 oz, my goodness!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:33 PM

I have a sec right now. Monday I woke up with ctx that were 1-3 mins apart and went to the hospital after a few hours of laboring at home. I had dh and my doula helping me through it. The docs wanted to put me on pit but I put my foot down and did it myself. It took me a little while to dialate to 5 cm, which the docs didn't like but I got there and started pushing at 5:45 pm and at 5:57 Jack Aidan Smith arrived in the world (his face is bruised cause of how fast he came ). He was 9 lbs and 22 inches long! He LOVES to nurse and my milk has already started coming in!

The hospital has a website online and Jack's pic is in it:
www.altrunursery.org follow the links and put in his name to find him
Didn't read any posts yet, but congraqtulations to any mamas who had their babes!

Happy gestating/birthing vibes to everyone!!

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
Old 03-10-2004, 10:39 PM

Congratulations Jaze! Wow, what a story and what a big boy!! Welcome to the world Taurin, and happy baby moon to you and your dh.

RacheePoo and Citizenfong and fiacre. . . hang in there guys! I can't imagine what it's like to be so sick for such a long time. FWIW, I don't think it's one bit selfish to feel the way you both do! I think it's perfectly normal and natural, not to mention OK! It's been a long 9/10 months. Here's hoping you both go into labor very, very soon.

fiacre, I had a little "retail therapy" today myself! I finally felt well (as in not extrememly exhausted, which seems to be my main complaint) enough to walk the mall a bit. alone. it was nice.

and like kirstie said, you can be tight as a drum one minute, and hold your baby the same day. With my ds, I was dilated to 4 for a good week (that I know of) before he was born. So that didn't mean much either. I haven't had any checks this pg. It would just cause too much dwelling.

gratefulmum, here's hoping you start labor and that baby turns!

dnr, I think my plug is slowing going, too. I never noticed it at all with my other two, though, so I'm not putting much stock in it. I'm also feeling lots of pressure right on my cervix, and more on my bladder than ever before. I feel like I'm repeating myself. . .ahhhh, pregnancy brain!

I hope you all get a great night of sleep, and can keep some positive karma going for these last few days and weeks (and that goes double for me!).

namaste.gif

Old 03-10-2004, 10:41 PM

Emily, we were posting at the same time.

congratulations to you, too! He's perfect. Enjoy your baby moon!

namaste.gif

Old 03-11-2004, 12:34 AM

Trust me ladies, no one should feel guilty at this point for wanting it all to finally be over. I am so ready to go into labor so I won't have all these pregnancy aches and pains, but I keep forgetting that I'll have a new baby out of the deal. How silly is that. That will bring with it a whole new set of challenges, but it's hard to think about that when all you want is to not be pregnant anymore.:

Congrats to all the new moms!!! And 11lb1oz -- yikes!!! My first was 8'5" and 22 inches and my second was 9 pounds and 22 inches. You have me a bit scared now. I keep thinking this one will be around nine pounds also, but dang, I guess it could be bigger. My doc never seems to be concerned. I'm small, but evidentally I have a very birth friendly pelvis. Although my perinium doesn't really accomodate their huge heads.:

On a side note -- The dealership is still holding my van hostage until tommorrow afternoon. I'm not a homebody and this is making me insane.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Let's decide together to try not to feel so guilty anyway. What do you say?
Tracy-YES YES YES!!! No more guilt! I am going to pray about this and do some meditating on the positives of the situation tonight and I will send some thoughts upward for you too. s

Fiacre-:LOL love your retail therapy idea...by the way I HAVE been on Zofran the whole time-the max amount per day-it stops me from barfing 50 times a day and instead it's only 3 or 4...sorry if I gave the impression I wasn't on anything to help cope with this. I think without it I would have been in the hospital, cuz I simply can't keep anything down without it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you again to all of you for helping me get some perspective and much needed cheering up about this... you are wonderful women. Next dr. appt I am going to refuse if he wants to check me! I would rather not know.

bebeluna WOW 11 lbs! Congrats on baby Taurin!

Emmama Jack is a cutiepie!

Jish, we have one car and I know what you mean about being homebound, luckily I am a homebody but I can sympathize...you're probably going crazy!

Hope some of you are having those cute babies even as we're speaking!
Old 03-11-2004, 02:39 AM

wow congrats newly postpartum mamas!!! HOw wonderful. Jaze--wow. What a big baby!!!

okay, here's my whine....warning: TMI ahead.... but I'm hoping someone knows something to do....a miracle cure. I have this *horrible* hemorrhoid that has popped out all the sudden the last couple days (it was kind of there before, but not nearly so big and painful) and NOW I can hardly walk. People think I"m waddling cuz of the big tummy but uh, no, it's cuz of my butt! :LOL

I am so miserable! I've tried most of the stuff in the SUsun Weed book, ice, motherlove salve, and now tucks pads and a preparation H like thing (though I"m sure I"m not supposed to while preg....I was hoping it would be a miracle cure! : ) Anyway, any help mamas? I was totally feeling fine, happy to wait til the end of the month for the babe and now can't WAIT for the pressure to be off!!

Okay, that's it. Sorry for the whine...

anyway, it's so exciting hearing about all these babes! They're al lovely and now I need to get into the waiting mode.

take care mamas!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:25 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Jaze and Emily and welcome to Taurin and Jack.

Thankyou for sharing your birth stories, these tales of big babies (11 lbs 1 oz !!!) are very inspiring and reassuring to me.

Jack is gorgeous!

Racheepoo: This is absolutely the time in your life to be focusing internally (it's not self absorption). Especially when you have been so ill. I have been well for most of my pregnancy and I am finding it hard to hold on to topics of conversation that don't revolve around either my baby or the other people I know who are due soon. I am sure that it is a prerfectly normal psychological reaction. Afterall, this life-changing stuff. Feel free to come and vent to us on this board it it helps you, that's what we are here for.

Indigolillybear; I am so sorry, I have no constructive advice but I sympathise, I can't imagine how much added discomfort that must be for you.

Things are getting exciting round my neck of the woods. Two people from my antenatal class have had their babies and it seems as though one is on the way. It is all seeming more real to me now. Especially since my baby spent much of the night doing what felt like press-ups on my pelvic floor. I presume that he/she is moving his/her head even further down. Hopefully the baby and my body are starting to get ready although I have had no practice contractions yet.

to dnr and mamaroni

to everyone
Old 03-11-2004, 12:54 PM

Congrats, Jaze! Now, that is a HUGE baby. Great work! You know how to grow them, you know how to get them out!

Congrats, Emily! Jack is just gorgeous! Sounds like you did such a wonderful job advocating for yourself in the hospital. Great work! Nice birthing!

Mamas in waiting -- You guys have the hardest job of all, waiting. I hope your babes come soon and beautifully. I agree, I don't think you should feel guilty for watning to be done. And, make sure you take soem time for yourself. Just do what you want to do from here on out. Afterall, you're pregnant. You need to save your energy for things you enjoy and bringing your babies into the world. You are to be celebrated, you're carrying around complete little human beings.

Sending you all love, light and peace.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:56 PM

Looking for something to read? Here's my official birth story. I'm going to post it on our site, but I have to get it from this computer to the one downstairs. It's a long story, but I think it's an intersting read. Hypnosis really worked well, I think you'll see. (Those of you doing Hypno, make sure you practice every day. It really does help!)

You can read it on our site with some pictures or below. http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/iblog...841/index.html

Around midnight on Monday, March 8th, 2004, Jason brought Jude to bed. I nursed him for a while and then realized I was having contractions so strong that I couldn’t handle the extra stimulation. I asked Jason to give Jude to my mother in the next room. “I need you,” I told him.
From there, Jason laid down behind me and held me as we rocked through the waters of labor together. I sang the song that Lisa taught me through each contraction.
“I am opening in sweet surrender
To the luminous love light of the Lord”
We laid there in bed singing sweetly to each other for quite a while, but then I had to pee. Timing our journey to the bathroom was a bit challenging, because my contractions were close together and lasting quite a while. I didn’t want to time them, but Jason said later that they were about two-and-a-half minutes apart lasting for about ninety seconds.
Then, we stayed in the bathroom for a while. Jason brought our birth ball up and I sat on that while holding onto Jason. We sang together. I would start our song off slowly and then as my contraction would build, the volume and intensity of the song would build, too. I was alone with Jason. I did my best to not think about my mother and Jude being in the house. I just needed to focus my attention on being present and open.
At one point, my mother came upstairs and said that she was going to bring Jude back up. It was everything I could do to stay focused on birth and not think about my mother being there. I turned my head away from her silhouette in the open doorway. “No,” I said into Jason’s ear, “No, no, no.” Jason looked at my mom and told her to keep Jude downstairs. “We need to be alone,” he told her.
Time past, but I didn’t really have any idea if it was hours or minutes passing us by as we were singing and rocking together. “This is the fun part,” Jason whispered in between contractions. “It sure is!” I chimed back. Then, another contraction came.
A couple times Jason asked me if I wanted to call Pat our midwife and Tressa our doula. Each time, I said no. Jason didn’t pressure me, he respected my need to just be with him.
At one point, I wanted to lay down again. We made it a few feet to the guest bedroom that was prepared for birth from the night of false labor. I had another contraction to sing through before we made it the short distance. I lay down and on the next contraction I began grunting as I sang. I rolled onto my back and pushed. I was tuned into my body. Everything felt right.
Jason said he needed to go call Pat and Tressa once he saw me pushing. I tried to ignore the feeling that I was now “on the clock” so to speak until other people came. I whispered to Jason in between contractions, “But, what if the labor stops again?” He told me to just listen to the song and be open, “This is not a time for doubt,” he said.
Tressa lived in town and so she arrived first. I heard the doorbell ring and tried to just mentally stay inside the bathroom where we had moved back to. I sang as we had been doing and tried to not be self-conscious. She came up to the doorway and I turned away from her. “By ourselves, Jason. By ourselves,” I whispered into Jason’s ear.
Tressa was very respectful of our space. She took care of birth preparations and didn’t even talk when she had questions for Jason. She wrote things on notes and passed them to him. I could deal with that much more than hearing them talk. I needed to pretend that it was still just Jason and me.
We kept singing our song. I was having trouble remember the words and I kept changing them. I was glad Jason could keep with me. He said in between contractions, “Gosh, I can tell you’re a Sparklin. You keep changing the words… and the tune… and the pauses.” We laughed together and were quickly swept away by another contraction.
Around 3am, Pat arrived. It had been three hours since I began labor. I was’t quite sure what I wanted to do. I felt like I wanted to get into the bathtub, but I wasn’t too sure I could since my water had broken on Saturday night. I asked Pat if I risked infection at this point. She said it would be fine.
In the water I pushed some more. This is when I stopped singing, but I prodded Jason to keep our song going. I focused on his words and tuned out the people that were there. It was just me and Jason bringing our baby into the world.
I wasn’t in the water very long, but I felt that it wasn’t what I wanted. I got out and we went back into the guest bedroom that was set up for birth. I pushed on my back for a couple of pushes, but it just didn’t seem like the baby was moving down to me. Pat asked me if I wanted her to check me for the first time. I agreed. There was an anterior lip in the way. She moved it, which didn’t feel great, but it was such a relief when it was gone. “Thank you so much, that’s better,” I told her.
Then, I continued pushing. I tried a supported squat once to see if it would help the baby slide under my pubic bone, but that didn’t seem to work either. I got back on the bed and we got down to business. I was getting tired. I said, “Oh, I want to rest so badly, but it will be a better rest when she’s on my chest.”
Tressa held one of my legs, Jason held the other and Pat sat between my legs. I was focused on the task at hand and enjoyed their company. I pushed and what relief to feel my hip bones spread easily and my baby slip under my pubic bone finally.
Then, I felt her fill up my birth canal. Then, my front-waters exploded all over Pat and the bed. (Turns out I only broke my smaller hind-waters) Pat asked for a towel and we pressed on.
I put my hand on my vagina to see if I could feel her. She was just beginning to show. As I felt her, the top of her head seemed to be in two parts. There was a ridge that seemed to separate the halves. It felt like one of those cheap plastic molded items where the plastic has oozed out of the mold and frozen. (After she was born we marveled at the huge ridge that had formed on her head from trying to squeeze under my pubic bone. It went away after some cranial-sacral work.) I pushed on.
I kept my hand touching her head and I grunted and moaned her head into my hand. The whole thing just felt so surreal… here I was pushing my child’s head into my hand. I started laughing deep belly laughs at the idea. Just laughing oozed her out even further, which made me laugh even harder.
Finally, I felt like I’d stretched really far, I said, “Support, support,” and Pat took her hands and supported my perineum. From there, Cicely’s head just oozed out into my hand. “Hi, baby!” I said. On the next push, her shoulders popped out and she was on my chest before I knew it.
She was so warm and wet and soft. She let out some lusty cries and I smiled so big. I was just so happy to meet her. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and joy. She made it. She took the leap of faith and I leapt, too.
She’s our Cicely Margaret.
Daddy’s little girl.
“My baby” as big brother Jude calls her.
My daughter.
My love.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:17 PM

Spark, I have tears in my eyes, what a beautiful birth story.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us .
Old 03-11-2004, 01:42 PM

Congratulations Bebe Luna! Congratulations Emmama! Welcome baby Taurin and baby Jack!

11 lbs. WOW!!!

Now i'm going back to read Sparks birth story!

sorry about your sore butt, indigolilybear. that's the last thing you should have to deal with that (those usually happen after the birth of a baby)
Old 03-11-2004, 01:50 PM

Spark what a lovely birth story. Happy birthday to Cicely Margaret!
Old 03-11-2004, 01:52 PM

Spark, that is a beautiful birth story! just beautiful!
Old 03-11-2004, 02:50 PM

Jish- People should know better than to mess with very pregnant women. That cruel, cruel, motor depriving dealership! I had some awful gas station attendant tryand make me feel like an idiot for using the deisel pump that doesn't work as well because, "didn't he tell me last time!" Oh, I'm sorry. I was under that impression that perhaps and out of order sign should be placed over pumps that are broken, I didn't realize the new customer service policy was to have ME remember which pump not to use. Arghhhh

Racheepoo- everyone's right. This is a time of focusing inward, and the amount of discomfort that you especially have had to endure this pregnancy is really beyond the job description.

bebluna- welcome to your not-so-little Taurin!

Emmamomma- happy time for you and your little Jack Aidan

i.l.bear- Again, I don't have any advice for your big friend down there. I can say that I had an awful one as well a couple of years ago, when I was not pregnant. I was waiting tables too...hard to tell my boss why I was "sick" that day:LOL I can say that it finally went away when out of overwhelming self-pity and frusturation I called my mommy to complain. The next morning, gone. I verbalized it away!

Spark-Ohhhh...big Sigh. What a righteous entry into the world for precious Cicely.

As for me, I have a tentative c/s scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. There are so many factors I'm trying to juggle, that I am keeping and 'option to cancel' available in my mind. I still would like to deliver the baby vaginally, however, I'll be a week overdue on Sat and have NO SIGNS of laborl. I honestly feel like it could be another week, easy. The doc is getting more and more nervous with a breech delivery as the days wear on, and my chance of needing a c/s after a trial of labor are increasing too. My mother is so special. She did come all the way out from Cali for the birth, and although she says that she has already accomplished much of what she came out here to do...get me physically and emotionally ready for the baby, I would still be heartbroken if she left without holding her first grandchild. Especially if I ended up with a c/s anyways. I did want to go into labor first even if I did end up with a c/s, but now doc's say that will only increase risk of infection and need of antibiotics. I'm so torn. DP is also much more comfortable with a c/s than a breech delivery, especially a late one. I'm with Rachel on the progression scale as well. 50% if lucky, barely a finger open, and still at -2. I know numbers can change quickly, but hope feel slim. Also, if I schedule a c/s I'll get the hospital I really like. So, unless the doc tomorrow morning (the one who would deliver breech) says he's very comfortable with me waiting five more days for labor to start, I'll be greeting little one tomorrow. Which is thrilling and tempting. Oh yea, my doc says he's not comfortable with inducing breeches b/c it raises the risk of an already risky delivery. I am going to ask if he'd consider something more gentle like sweeping the bag of waters. I won't try castor oil because I'm too scared about the baby losing meconium and going into distress. I'd rather have surgery myself than raise the risks for my baby.

I'll know more tomorrow. Or today if little one will get in gear and just be born!

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

Old 03-11-2004, 02:55 PM

Gratefulmum: Very best wishes and lots of for you.

Not an easy decision to make but I am sure that whatever you decide will be the best one for you.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:04 PM

gratefulmum, i'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:33 PM

gratefulmom Sending positive vibes your way....

User Tag List