(we were posting at the same time!)

namaste.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone!! What have I missed? I saw that there were four pages of posts for me to catch up on...later, right?

OH MY GOD WAS THAT THE FASTEST LABOR EVER!!

On Monday, baby was still really high and my mw said if my water broke with a gush to call her right away and she'd come over and listen for a bit.
Wednesday was the day I posted aobut my mucus plug coming out.
Thursday morning, a little quick loving before dh went off to work at 6:30, wake up to this GUSH at 8:15am. Sit thereon my hands and knees, stunned and not really knowing what to do. I have no towels around me and dd was sleeping next to me and I wasn't sure if I wanted to wake her up, at which point she rolls over into the puddle and wakes up, chastises me for not making it to the potty and gets me a towel from across the room. I get the phone, call my mw and she says she's on the way. Call my mom to take care of dd, call dh to come home (my dad went and got him- bus strike!).
MW got here at 8:55, at which point I'd had two contractions that were five minutes apart, but nothing big. My mom got there and dh got home around 10. We sent my mom out to the store with dd and while they were gone, my contractions got stronger, but still no big deal. Then all of a sudden, I was on my knees, leaning on the couch and had two in a row that I really had to think about. I told dh to go tell the mw (who was in my kitchen doing dishes- gotta love homebirth!). She came in and they picked up in intensity almost immediately.

The tub was being filled, slowly, due to our small water heater, and finally it was a height I could get in to. I went to the bathroom on the way to the tub and after, on the walk from the bathroom to the room with the tub, I mentioned that my hips were feeling tingly and numb.

I got in the tub and the contractions got hard fast. My hips were killing me. It was the worst thing I could think of. I think I was getting charlie horses in both hips and there was nothing I could do. I tried every position I could think of, every position my mw could think of. She massaged my sacrum, which helped minimumly, but some. At one point I could feel myself getting totally panicked and said soemthing aobut that, so the next few contractions, I really tried to calm down. By this point my mom and dd had come home. I think the first contraction while dd was there was really hard because I was aware that she was there and of not wanting to scare her, but after that, it was fine. She didn't look scared, so I let that go.

Still the hip pain wouldn't go away. I couldn't figure out how I was going to spread my legs enough to have the baby when the only thing that seemed to make sense for the cramping was to hold them close together. I tried pushing once to see if the hip pain would go away, but it didn't.

Then, I felt him drop into my pelvis. Literally felt him drop in. It was crazy. The next contraction, I pushed and felt a burning. I yelled for my mw to come in the room, "he's coming now!" Dh was in the tub with me and sitting in front of me and I told him he had to move because I could feel burning above and didn't want to tear there, so he moved out of the way (kneeing me in the stom ach in the process ).

I pulled my knees up so that I was a little more upright and felt down and felt a head. The next contraction, I barely pushed and his head came out. I got a few minutes of calm, then felt a contraction and I felt his shoulders rotate and come out, barely pushing again. Then the rest of him slipped out. Dd got in the tub with us and we cuddled and laughed.

From the time my water broke to his birth 4 hours and 15 minutes. He was born at 12:30pm. I pushed him out in 3 contractions. It was amazing. I could have done without the hip pain, but it was still amazing. I didn't tear at all, a few little skids.

Here's a link from my sisiter in law:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...8b45d2&notag=1

gotta go nurse the babe. Oh! His name is Jalen Daniel and he was 8 pounds 14 ozs and 20 1/2 inches long.

R~mama to 3

#243 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 04:58 PM

Hey don't worry about not having your babies, ladies...I"ll be here till September remember? :LOL I will get to read ALL your birth stories in the meantime...

Pumpkinseeds-sending you . I'm so sorry you can't have the birth you prepared for...

ilbear-can't wait to hear the birth story on your Pisces! (We aren't so bad)

mamaroni sounds like you have all the basics covered...pedicure/reflexology sounds wonderful right now! Hope it is cool where you are-it's in the 90s here and I just can't make myself walk.

fiacre, citizenfong, pinksunfish, mamaroni, bathrobe goddess---won't someone please stay behind until Sept. so I won't be lonely? PUHLEEZE?

Dnr THANK YOU for your birth story...Congrats on Jalen!

Off to eat something bad for me...
#244 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 05:42 PM

Ok, I am still here waiting too....

DNR, congratulations. What beautiful photos. He is just gorgeous.

Indigolilybear - how exciting. You will have that babe in your arms soon, soon, soon.

Gratefulmom - congratulations on getting to hold your new little one today. Have a wonderful, joyous cesarean birthing.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#245 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 06:14 PM

Congrats DNR!!!What a lovely birth and beautiful baby!!

My dig. camera is not working (I am quite pi**ed!!) but as soon as i can I'll post some pictures of Taurin! He is soo big~ newborn diapers barely fit him and he will outgrow the 0-3 month clothes in a week or 2!!
I just don't get how I made such a big baby!!
Funny thing is, I was way more active this pregnancy~ I went to the gym 5 x a week up until my 3rd trimester, yet I still walked a lot and did some yoga in the 3rd trimester... I ate really well, gained less weight than my 1st pregnancy, and still I had this great big boy!!
Talin never had an ounce of baby fat, so this is fun having a super chubby baby!!

I know the last couple weeks can be so trying... feeling like labor couldn't come soon enough... but ladies, it will! and so soon you will hold those precious babies!!

I hope you all have easy, smooth deliveries... and as adorable and healthy my 11+ lb baby is, I truly don't wish an 11 lb baby for any of you!! Maybe a good 8 or 9 lb, but trust me 11 lbs is NOt an easy feat!!
#246 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 07:12 PM

dnr--- (that one's from ds!)
Congratulations...sounds like an awsome birth!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#247 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 07:36 PM

Congratulations DNR. I hope my birth goes as easy as yours. I felt inspired by your story. What a beautiful baby.

Racheepoo, Oceanone, fiacre, willowsmama and others waiting: I'll prolly be here till september too. I got excited about losing some of the plug on March 5th, but with my luck lately, it's prolly reformed and sealed shut. :LOL

Thanks for the support about the waterbirth. I guess at this point I should just be hoping for a non induced vag delivery.
#248 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 08:41 PM

I can not believe 10 days has gone bye already.

First of all I would like to congratulate Sparklin and Cicely.
Bebeluna and Taurin, Dnr and Jalin.

Gratefulmum wishing you a very peaceful delivery.

I hope I did not forget any other moms and babies birthdays.
Jish~ Hope your labor is progressing the way you would like.
Citizenfong~ Your baby will come.

My dh has been sick since the day dd was born so it has been very hectic here. He is finally feeling about 90% better. To bad he has to go back to work on Monday.
I think I finally have time to tell you of my birth.
Monday March 1st at about 8:00 pm I felt like I was constantly peeing my pants. I called my OB to ? what it was like and how I would know if I broke my bag of waters. She told me to put on a pad and if it was wet in hour to call her back. I did that but then I went to sleep I woke up at 10:30 and my pad was dry so I figured that my water did not break. I had a huge ham and cheese sandwich and I notice I was wet again and I was have inconsistent ctx. I told my dh I think I am in labor but I was not quite ready to call my mom so she could watch dd. Ctx started to pick up about 11:30pm I finally decided that this was probably the real deal we called my mom.It felt like an enternity waiting for her to arrive my ctx were about 2-5 minutes apart they were very intense.My mom arrives at 11:45pm we go to the hospital and we arrive there at exatcly 12:00am. My ctx are starting to be about 2 minutes apart and they felt like were lasting a good minute. It took the nurse forever to come and get me and my dh. She takes us to a room to check to see how dilated I am I am only 2cm at that point. I was in complete shock because my body felt like it was working so hard thru the contractions I thought for sure I would be at least 5 cm. Anyway they nurse leaves us to go and do admitance papers. My Ctx at this point felt like they were coming every minute and more intense with each one. It took the nurse forever to come back and bring us to the room. She wanted to check me again and I could not bear lying down so I said no. I just wanted to get in the shower. We go to our room at 1:10am I could not get in the shower fast enough It did relieve the pain a little but these ctx were like something I never felt before. They were fast and powerful. It took my breath away. My dh was trying so hard to be their for me but no matter what he did or said nothing would help. My nurse was completly useless.I was also trying not to be in pain so I was very quiet with each contraction.
Finally I gave myself a little pep talk and said it was O.K. for it to hurt and just let it go. At the point I started to scream with each contraction It felt so good to just give in to the pain.The whole hospital probaly heard me but I did not care. The nurse came in and said that I am probaly about 7 to 8 cm according to the way I am responding to the CTX. At that point I asked her to tell me about the different pain medications that she could offer me. The Epidural was sounding really good at that point. No sooner was she done explaining what I could take for the pain I felt this urge to push. It hurt like hell. I yelled "I need to push." She rushed me out of the shower and to the bed. The dr comes in and at this point I am close to 10cm with a lttle lip still left. They had me go thru one more ctx and then I started to push. I think It might have been about 5 pushes and my dd was in my arms. It was incredible and frighting all in one. There was a couple of times that I had to put oxygen on me because the babies heart rate was dropping but they did not explain that to me untill after I refused the oxygen.
My placenta was not coming out on its own so they had to give me pitocin so that I would start contracting again.

Ava Joanna was born at 2:19 am 19 1/2 inches long weighing 7lbs. She is so beautiful and is doing very well with nursing.

Photos
#249 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 10:50 PM

dancinggirl- awesome birth story! Talk about labor moving along!

What a beautiful baby! so much hair!

I'm feeling really inspired!
#250 of 283 Old 03-12-2004, 11:50 PM

dnr and dancinggirl. . .thanks so much for sharing your stories and photos. dnr, I love the feet photo, and dancinggirl, I love the one of the two girls sleeping!

Well, I had the reflexology, pedicure, and a long walk. Things are very quiet. I'm off to bed soon.

namaste.gif

#251 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 12:13 AM

Darn it! I typed out a long reply the other day....and I was surprised I wasn't getting any notices. So I came here, and can't find my post anywhere. Guess I forgot to actually post it? I don't know, but I don't have the time or energy to go through it all again. I'm sorry everyone! Congratulations to all the new babies, it's getting me VERY excited to meet this one!
#252 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 01:31 AM

I am still here also...even though I do not keep up very well on the posting:

Congrats to all the new mamas and beautiful babies I just love reading all of the birth stories.

Well I thought for sure I was going to have this baby last weekend then I came down with a nasty chest cold. Still getting over it, but am feeling better. Then DS got it on Monday poor guy he just started acting more like himself today and not so miserable. SO I know it is a good thing that the little one is holding off until we all get well....but it has been hard.

Had MW appt yesterday 3 cm dialated 75% effaced!! So at least things are happening while I am recovering from this cold. My mom arrived Tuesday so it is nice to have her here but also some mixed emotions on if I want her actually present at the time of birth. I am kind of thinking I just would like her to stay home with DS. It was just DH and I for DS's birth and that was really special to me....who knows...will cross that bridge when i get there I guess.

Again happy babymoon to all the new mamas and there are lots of us who can't wait to be there also
#253 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 02:12 AM

think I"m headed to labor land all. thank sin advance for smooth birthing vibes/prayers.!!
#254 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 09:22 AM

Dancingirl: CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family and welcome to Ava .

Thanks for sharing your story and your photos. Your two girls are gorgeous.

Indigolillybear: happy birthing to you.

This is so exciting and we are really starting to feel ready to meet our little one. No signs of anything happening yet and I still have two weeks 'till my EDD!
#255 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 09:31 AM

Hi mamas, babies, and mamas in waiting! I'm definitely in that last group!

Good luck indigo and anyone else who is in labor land! And opening vibes to all us waiting gals!

Thanks for your stories, Spark, Rebecca, and dancinggirl! They are all so wonderfully inspiring!

Due date is tomorrow, but hope to have the baby soon. If baby isn't born by Monday, I'll set myself up to wait another week, because I *think* if stbx does show up next week I will have lots of trouble going into labor.

Had another midwife appt yesterday, but I've declined checking my cervix. And the night before last I had 1.5 hrs of ctx in the middle of the night (my first real contractions) but they stopped as soon as I tried to check my cervix, so I'm keeping hands out too I just have to really trust the trusting this time. But when dd woke up this morning her first words were, "Mama, where's the baby?" I asked her which baby, since always have to sleep with at least one or two or her baby dolls, and she said the one that was in your belly and came out on the bathroom floor. I said the baby was still inside, and asked her if she'd had a dream, she said yes. I asked her if she'd announced the sex (her big job) and she said it was a girl. So we'll see, hopefully that's a good sign!!

Anyone else not quite sure if they want a baby born on the 13th?? I know it's really silly, but it might be nice to spare my kid some of that "Friday the 13th" thing for their birthday...so my plan now is to have a slow labor starting about noon and birth in the wee hours of the 14th...
#256 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 10:43 AM

Indigolilybear: I bet you've had that sweet little one by now. Can't wait to read your birth story.

Jster: I'm not worried about the 13th...more worried about April Fool's Day since that seems more possible with my edd. My dh was really worried about leap year. At this point I don't really care :LOL but I would prefer not on Apr 1. I'm going to decline checks at my next appt. too...which should be interesting given my OB's tendency to question every question I have.

On another note: I've just about decided to decline antibiox for GBS in labor...wondering what they can do to me if I do. I'm scared that they are going to hold me hostage for 48 hours there or something to make sure baby is okay. With all that's been in the news recently I don't feel I can take my right to decline "treatment" without repercussions for granted, sadly. Any thoughts anyone?

Rachel
#257 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

well, my preggo brain is obvious isn't it? Sorry, I forgot there were still so many of us left.....

Racheepoo- I'd find out if your insurance will cover the birth if you leave AMA. My dr. kept telling me ' I had to stay overnight' or wouldn't even discuss me and baby leaving before that. When I informed him that my insurance would pay if I left AMA and that no one was keeping my son anywhere w/o me, he changed his tune.lol

Dnr- wonderful birth story.

i.l.bear- I'm sure your holding your sweet babe now. Congrats!

dancinggirl- I loved your birth story too.

Baby luna- I still can not believe your sone was over 11lbs!!!!!!

still here, offically 40 weeks today. Ran some erradns yesterday and must have overdid it cuz I had to spend all evening in bed. my hips are way out of alignment, felt like my calf muscle was wrapped around my leg last night.

I might try to get dh to go somewhere with me today. I find myself getting crabby with dh's friend that lives in our basement. Late pregnancy is hard and he doesn't help.lol
#258 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 11:48 AM

DNR -- Oh, I loved your birth story. And, that picure of you holding your beautiful new baby! Gosh, that smile on your face is priceless. That is the picture of joy! Congrats!

Dancinggirl -- Wow! What a story! Just goes to show you that dilation doesn't mean a whole lot sometimes!

Indigo -- You're probably holding your sweet babe right now! I hope everything went beautifully! Sending you love!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#259 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 01:10 PM

DNR, congratulations and enjoyed your story. I love your dd's lecture about you peeing the bed. Too cute, and welcome Jalen.

Dancinggirl, i commend you for screaming. that takes guts! and jumping cm's, i'd scream too i hope!! shame on the nurse. Welcome, Ava!

Hope you're holding your baby, Jish and that your older baby isn't sick anymore.

I had a quick u/s on thurs afternoon to confirm that the baby's head is down!! yeah! OB was just careless in his comment last week (very careless). Head is down and is sitting on my rectum. I'm getting contractions through out the day( irregular) and then i get special ones in my butt when i have to poop. It feels like contractions but they are not. I actually have to lean back on teh potty in order to get it out. Ouch! I'm in my final week, part of me wants this to happen, but a bigger part of me is still content to keep this baby inside. I'm mowing my yard this afternoon (at least half of it) and we are going to a bonfire this evening for a little while.

Mamaroni, hope you are laboring soon!! like now if you've already had your mini spa treatment!
#260 of 283 Old 03-13-2004, 06:04 PM

kirstie, I'm having the exact same problem, except mine's on the bladder. Yeowch trying to pee. I swear my bladder is contracting more than my uterus.
#261 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 01:03 AM

just wanted to do a quick post that we had our little baby last night at 10:30 pm after about 1.5 hours of labor....maybe 1/2 hr. of active. It was very fast!! It's a girl, she's beautiful, we working on a name.....hmm....I'll post more later!

thanks mamas for thinking of me!
#262 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 01:47 AM

Fantastic, indigolilybear! Oh, what a great birth that sounds like...can't wait to hear the details.

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#263 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 04:03 AM

indigolilybear congrats! Can't wait to hear your birth story...
#264 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 07:55 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Indigolillybear, that's fabulous news.

Can't wait to hear your birth story.

Best wishes to you and your family and welcome to your new daughter.
#265 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 11:57 AM

Wow! Congratulations! How exciting. It sounds like a great experience and I can't wait to hear the full story (although it sounds like it will be short!).

Take care and enjoy your baby girl!

namaste.gif

#266 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 12:03 PM

Indigo YEAH! Wow, what a fast labor! Did you even have time for the tub? Soumds like she was right on time! Funny, didn't you say you'd probably deliver in April?

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#267 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 12:33 PM

Indigolilybear, congratulations!! Can't wait to hear your birth story and baby's name!
#268 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 04:35 PM

congrat to all the new babies!

dancinggirl- Ava is a great name and yay to you for listening to your gut.

indigolilybear- so fast! be prepared for everyone to tell you how lucky you were and to feel like strangling them. can't wait to hear the whole story and her name.

I watched the video of Jalen's birth and when we saw he was a boy, I let out this huge sigh and say, "I told you so. I'm so glad, he has a name." we still didn't have a girl name.

gotta go, mw is coming over to check on us.

R~mama to 3

#269 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 04:56 PM

Congrats ILB!!! Sounds like a wonderful birth. Enjoy, enjoy!

Calming thoughts to all the mamas out there still waiting.

I had a small amount of blood this morning and some mucus. Doesn't seem to be anything really going on though, so, la la la, still hanging in there.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#270 of 283 Old 03-14-2004, 06:37 PM

Congratulations Indigolilybear
Did you come up with a name yet? Can't wait to hear your birth story.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page